Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Also checked the Kroger farther down Moreland tonight. No luck on the DVDs there, either.

Anyone scoped out any ALIAS DVDs at Targets around town? I checked Edgewood yesterday, but they had none. I'd love to get S4 and S5 for cheap... and maybe even re-buy the first 3 if they're slim cases.

[quote name='whisper22']There were a handful of 09 games so there may have been more than one. The one I know I saw was locked in the case in a stack of games that were turned so you couldn't see what any of them were. It was one of two 360 games in a stack of mostly Wii games. I'd say theres a good chance it'll be there.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll check it out. Which store is the Camp Creek store again? I looked at Target.com and there's several stores it can be. I don't venture out of my Gwinnett County cocoon too often....

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Maybe I'll check it out. Which store is the Camp Creek store again? I looked at Target.com and there's several stores it can be. I don't venture out of my Gwinnett County cocoon too often....[/QUOTE]

If you're on 285 you get off at the exit for Camp Creek Pkwy. Its a very large shopping center literally right there next to 285. Here's the address
3660 Marketplace Blvd
East Point, GA 30344
Not sure how close Marta gets to it since that would save you gas.

[quote name='whisper22']If you're on 285 you get off at the exit for Camp Creek Pkwy. Its a very large shopping center literally right there next to 285. Here's the address
3660 Marketplace Blvd
East Point, GA 30344
Not sure how close Marta gets to it since that would save you gas.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's definitely too far for me. It's a good deal, but I don't want to risk a 35 mile (one way) drive for it. Not sure I would do it even if it was guaranteed to be there. That's 70 miles total!!

Thanks so much for your help, whisper!

Successful Lunch!

Northpoint TRU had no ChronoTriggers (he said they'd had 2 recently), but I got the last Rondo of Swords, which I also wanted.

Target had ONE copy of each season of ALIAS, which I greedily snapped up for myself. Awesome.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How much is Alias? Never watched, but considering all the good I've heard about it I'd get it for cheap.[/QUOTE]

12.99 a season. Awesome price. They're the new slim cases, too.
I don't remember when the price ends.

Ha Ha. I thought you guys were talking about the original Xbox game, "Alias", not the TV show. I didn't want to say anything to offend either of you, but I was thinking "why are these two so excited over a crappy game?"

I need to pay better attention... :)

I have good news for Ubiiquitous... I picked up a copy of NHL 09 for you. Gonna send you a PM.

I went to Target at Stonecrest. They have two more copies of NHL for $15. I think the only other thing that was below $20 was a copy of Velvet Assassin for PC. Although I think the couple copies of Ironman DS might have been $15. They had Riddick Dark Athena for PS3 and Wanted for PS3 but they were still $30 or so. They had a few other random games but they didn't seem particularly interesting.

They also still had all the seasons of Alias. I didn't think to look to see how many of each though.

Whisper for CAG of the year!! Thanks, bud. I'm sending you a PM back now.

I found 2 Riddick: AoDA (360) for $14.98 today. PM and I'll tell you which location.

Hey everyone. I got one of those Wii Sports Resort $10 off at Amazon coupons and I've decided I don't want it (the Best Buy demo was completely unimpressive). Since the ATL board has been so good to me, I thought I'd offer it up here first. First person to PM me gets it. If I don't get any responses by morning, I'll put it up on the main board.

EDIT - Already gone! Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost had a disaster today. Met up with ZharTheMad to swap that copy of Riddick I picked up only to discover that someone had stolen the disk out of it. I had picked that copy up at the Camp Creek Target. They did a pretty good job of putting the package back together. I've learned my lesson and will pay very close attention to everything from now on. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I stopped at the Target in Stone Mtn. If anyone had their eye on the one copy of Riddick they had, I picked it up. At some point between yesterday and today, put out some more stuff though. Saw one Socom for PS3 with the headset for about $40. They had several copies of another PS3 game with the headset... it had the word "hawk" in the name. It was at about $30 I think it was. They have tons of copies of the "special Target edition" of Shawn White Snowboarding for PS3. They also had one or two of a couple of other random games.

[quote name='whisper22']Almost had a disaster today. Met up with ZharTheMad to swap that copy of Riddick I picked up only to discover that someone had stolen the disk out of it. I had picked that copy up at the Camp Creek Target. They did a pretty good job of putting the package back together. I've learned my lesson and will pay very close attention to everything from now on. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I stopped at the Target in Stone Mtn. If anyone had their eye on the one copy of Riddick they had, I picked it up. At some point between yesterday and today, put out some more stuff though. Saw one Socom for PS3 with the headset for about $40. They had several copies of another PS3 game with the headset... it had the word "hawk" in the name. It was at about $30 I think it was. They have tons of copies of the "special Target edition" of Shawn White Snowboarding for PS3. They also had one or two of a couple of other random games.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I've had that happen twice now with clearance games on endcaps. Several years ago I got The Punisher for xbox at the North Druid Hills Target on my dinner break. I was so excited to have finally gotten it and couldn't wait until my shift was over to go home and play it. Got home and opened it and boom, no disc. The CR was very leery of me and kept arguing that I had to exchange it for the same game while I kept insisting that I just wanted the same game and not a refund or different one. Two years ago I got C&C 3 at the Stone Mountain Target and then didn't open it for about a year only to find no disc. I figured I was out of luck on that one and didn't bother going back to Target. Some miscreants do what is referred to as the razor trick where they cut a smooth slit in the plastic wrap and push the back of the case to pop the disc out and slide it out. It's pretty hard to notice on a casual glance since the razor does such a smooth cut when done right. After the first time I tried to remember to check out any game I buy, but now I always inspect the plastic wrap and stickers and also shake or flip the case to make sure I can hear a disc rattle inside. I've seen several empty cases around mostly at Stone Mountain Target.

The game in question would be Warhawk.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, I've had that happen twice now with clearance games on endcaps. Several years ago I got The Punisher for xbox at the North Druid Hills Target on my dinner break. I was so excited to have finally gotten it and couldn't wait until my shift was over to go home and play it. Got home and opened it and boom, no disc. The CR was very leery of me and kept arguing that I had to exchange it for the same game while I kept insisting that I just wanted the same game and not a refund or different one. Two years ago I got C&C 3 at the Stone Mountain Target and then didn't open it for about a year only to find no disc. I figured I was out of luck on that one and didn't bother going back to Target. Some miscreants do what is referred to as the razor trick where they cut a smooth slit in the plastic wrap and push the back of the case to pop the disc out and slide it out. It's pretty hard to notice on a casual glance since the razor does such a smooth cut when done right. After the first time I tried to remember to check out any game I buy, but now I always inspect the plastic wrap and stickers and also shake or flip the case to make sure I can hear a disc rattle inside. I've seen several empty cases around mostly at Stone Mountain Target.

The game in question would be Warhawk.[/QUOTE]

I frequent that Target often so I will make sure to pay more attention to the packaging. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, I've had that happen twice now with clearance games on endcaps. Several years ago I got The Punisher for xbox at the North Druid Hills Target on my dinner break. I was so excited to have finally gotten it and couldn't wait until my shift was over to go home and play it. Got home and opened it and boom, no disc. The CR was very leery of me and kept arguing that I had to exchange it for the same game while I kept insisting that I just wanted the same game and not a refund or different one. Two years ago I got C&C 3 at the Stone Mountain Target and then didn't open it for about a year only to find no disc. I figured I was out of luck on that one and didn't bother going back to Target. Some miscreants do what is referred to as the razor trick where they cut a smooth slit in the plastic wrap and push the back of the case to pop the disc out and slide it out. It's pretty hard to notice on a casual glance since the razor does such a smooth cut when done right. After the first time I tried to remember to check out any game I buy, but now I always inspect the plastic wrap and stickers and also shake or flip the case to make sure I can hear a disc rattle inside. I've seen several empty cases around mostly at Stone Mountain Target.

The game in question would be Warhawk.[/QUOTE]

I have seen it at Edgewood, Sydney Marcus, and more recently at N.Druid Hills (two copies of Silent Hill Homecoming 360 a few months back).

De Blob is 9.98 @ the Target on Dallas Hwy in Marietta (8-10 copies left 50% off), and picked up Motorstorm Pacific Rift @ the Johnson Ferry one for 14.98 (1 left). Plenty of other games but nothing else that stood out at its lowest price point yet. Also got Iron Man @ the Johnson Ferry Sears for 4.97 (marked in case as 14.97). They had a good selection of games on clearance but nothing else I wanted or bothered to check. Also picked up a couple of SanDisk 1 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo sticks for 3.97 each there, good for your PSP, which I don't have but probably will down the road.

John's Creek Target had 2 $15 Motorstorm Pacific Rifts. I got one (for my eventual PS3 Slim purchase at some point) and I hid the other. PM me for the location.

Only thing the Edgewood Target had of interest was a Patapon 2 download code for 14 bucks.

There's a few Bionic Commandos and Riddick's that should crack 20 if people are looking for them as well.

Anyone want to buy a barely used copy of NCAA Football 10 (Xbox 360)? I have played the game a few times. PM me if interested.

I noticed in the main Deals section someone posted that Fry's has PS3 Sixaxis controllers (not Dualshock) for $4.85 + tax available only for in store pick-up. I looked it up, and it is available at the Duluth store for anyone interested. I'd love to pick one up, cause my old Sixaxis has a tendency to stick sometimes, but Duluth is a bit too far for me to roam. Anyhow, hope this helps someone.

I'm sure someone will want this, and it might as well go to use by an Atl CAG'er. I have an Amazon Wii Sports Resort $10 off code that I've decided not to use. I got it in the mail and have been trying to decide whether or not to use it. Long story short, I've decided not to use it.

Made my first trip to a Brandsmart - the new one near Mall of GA. Guess there might have been some deals to be had (on crock pots, toasters, etc.) but reminded me too much of a Mexican Flea Market. Only use out of it will be to price match games at Sears :D

[quote name='bier']Made my first trip to a Brandsmart - the new one near Mall of GA. Guess there might have been some deals to be had (on crock pots, toasters, etc.) but reminded me too much of a Mexican Flea Market. Only use out of it will be to price match games at Sears :D[/QUOTE]

It is nice to have a BrandsMart on this side of town, put the parking is like a quarter of what the Doraville location had. Parking is a nightmare for the grand opening weekend.

[quote name='whisper22']Anybody got any opinions on Vizio TVs? We're looking at getting the 47in to replace our Samsung DLP that is slowly dying.[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt that Vizio TVs give you the most for your money, and the quality is good too. There isn't anything wrong with them. Personally I like Samsung TVs, which seem to have better prices than they once did since Vizio has been around.

I find it hilarious that talk of Brandsmart has intermingled with my question about TVs. The reason? Our dying TV was purchased at Brandsmart. That was the first and only time have and will ever set foot near a Brandsmart. Its crowded and very bright and tacky and the service is a complete joke. My advise is to stay far far away and just pretend they don't exist.

[quote name='whisper22']I find it hilarious that talk of Brandsmart has intermingled with my question about TVs. The reason? Our dying TV was purchased at Brandsmart. That was the first and only time have and will ever set foot near a Brandsmart. Its crowded and very bright and tacky and the service is a complete joke. My advise is to stay far far away and just pretend they don't exist.[/QUOTE]

There is an article in today's paper about BrandsMart, indicating that the bright colors are there to "keep you moving". I noticed when I was there they were emphasizing their service department, with their speedy and efficient service, that I find hard to believe.

There is no doubt that BrandsMart has the largest individual selection of TVs I have ever seen. So for that reason alone, it is worth checking out sometimes. The best thing about BrandsMart is that Best Buy & Fry's will price match their sometimes insane prices.

[quote name='GibbGA']I'm sure someone will want this, and it might as well go to use by an Atl CAG'er. I have an Amazon Wii Sports Resort $10 off code that I've decided not to use. I got it in the mail and have been trying to decide whether or not to use it. Long story short, I've decided not to use it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Wii and have no need for it, but I just wanted to say "Thank You" anyway for the offer. That's what I like about this, specific thread: we all help each other out and go out of our way for our fellow CAGs. It's really nice to see in this day of e-bullies and e-jerks.

Best Buy @ Pleasant Hill/I85 now has 75% off on the clearance cart. Unfortunately, not much interesting was left. Most games would be 7.50, 10 or 15. Off the top of my head, Rock Band PS3 7.50, Singstar Vol 2 Bundle 15, 360 MLB Manager 10 and 360 Hell's Highway 10, Golden Compass 360 7.50, Rock Revo 360/PS3 5. Wonder if Resident Evil and Resistance 2 LEs were still on the cart when it went to 75% off. Those woulda been sweet deals too good to pass up.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I don't have a Wii and have no need for it, but I just wanted to say "Thank You" anyway for the offer. That's what I like about this, specific thread: we all help each other out and go out of our way for our fellow CAGs. It's really nice to see in this day of e-bullies and e-jerks.[/QUOTE]

Oh, shut up.
;) :grouphug:

North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.

EDIT - Amazon is giving $10 for World Tour trade-in so you could effectively get 2 Les Pauls for $12. Can't beat that.

[quote name='Felder71']North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Gonna have to wait for that price to hit around here. Its like a quarter of a tank of gas for me to drive up there and back. But I agree that the Les Paul is the best guitar.

[quote name='whisper22']I have good news for Ubiiquitous... I picked up a copy of NHL 09 for you. Gonna send you a PM.

I went to Target at Stonecrest. They have two more copies of NHL for $15. I think the only other thing that was below $20 was a copy of Velvet Assassin for PC. [/QUOTE]

Target in Conyers has one left after I visited there today. Nothing else 360 unfortunately.

[quote name='Felder71']North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.[/QUOTE]Damn, all the stores here as in downtown and northeast of the city have tons of the PS3 bundle and none or one 360 version. I've only found one store that has two and all stores are still at 30% off so I doubt I'll be able to get one at 75% off which is my price range.

I'll DP to bump this up, Sidney Marcus Target has about 23 Rock Band 2s for 360 @ 12.48 (75% off). Wish I woulda held off during the Blockbuster sale. That's a solid deal. The only 360 GH:WT set looks like it's been opened and is still 30% off.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'll DP to bump this up, Steve Marcus Target has about 23 Rock Band 2s for 360 @ 12.48 (75% off). Wish I woulda held off during the Blockbuster sale. That's a solid deal. The only 360 GH:WT set looks like it's been opened and is still 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Is that Steve Reynolds or Sidney Marcus?

North Head?
Buck Point?
Gwinnett Crest?
Stone Place?
Southland?
Cumberlake?

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Is that Steve Reynolds or Sidney Marcus?

North Head?
Buck Point?
Gwinnett Crest?
Stone Place?
Southland?
Cumberlake?[/QUOTE]

LOL:lol::applause:

Stonecrest Target does not have any 360 WT set. A little over a week ago the Target at Atlantic Station had several at about $60.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Is that Steve Reynolds or Sidney Marcus?

North Head?
Buck Point?
Gwinnett Crest?
Stone Place?
Southland?
Cumberlake?[/QUOTE]HaHa. And to think I actually refrained from comment after the online bully remarks. Well played Ubi, well played.

Seriously, oops on that. Sidney Marcus in Buckhead is the correct location. Despite the ego shattering cruelty I can pick one up for you if you want.:D

[quote name='jdawgg76']HaHa. And to think I actually refrained from comment after the online bully remarks. Well played Ubi, well played.

Seriously, oops on that. Sidney Marcus in Buckhead is the correct location. Despite the ego shattering cruelty I can pick one up for you if you want.:D[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. Only picking on you.

That would be awesome if you could pick one up. Let me know and we can meet up this week, if possible. If it was Steve Reynolds, I would just head up there myself.

I need to go by the Stone Mountain Target, so I'm going to check there too, however, if you could pick me up one, I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks!! And I'll refrain from any snarky remarks on your posts..........for the next 24 hours...... ;)

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'll DP to bump this up, Sidney Marcus Target has about 23 Rock Band 2s for 360 @ 12.48 (75% off). Wish I woulda held off during the Blockbuster sale. That's a solid deal. The only 360 GH:WT set looks like it's been opened and is still 30% off.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming this not the bundle, because $12 for RB2 sets would be ridiculous.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Ha ha. Only picking on you.

That would be awesome if you could pick one up. Let me know and we can meet up this week, if possible. If it was Steve Reynolds, I would just head up there myself.

I need to go by the Stone Mountain Target, so I'm going to check there too, however, if you could pick me up one, I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks!! And I'll refrain from any snarky remarks on your posts..........for the next 24 hours...... ;)[/QUOTE]Couldn't check CAG again before I left work, but I'm sure there will be plenty left tomorrow. BTW, none at Steve Reynolds, I checked it out on my way home. Nothing too exciting there.

[quote name='Felder71']I'm assuming this not the bundle, because $12 for RB2 sets would be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]Yeah, game only, although one day I'm sure the set will be around 15 to 20 just like when RB1 sets clearanced out. Of course, I'm sure noone would have 20+ of those!:)

[quote name='Felder71']North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.

EDIT - Amazon is giving $10 for World Tour trade-in so you could effectively get 2 Les Pauls for $12. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]

For those that can't get in on this, Costco is selling the bundle with the new style guitar (for 360 & PS3) for $30.

[quote name='Felder71']North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.

EDIT - Amazon is giving $10 for World Tour trade-in so you could effectively get 2 Les Pauls for $12. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]

Hey Felder, can you clarify a couple of things?

Doesn't the GH bundle have the guitar in it? How can they give you a choice of 2 Les Pauls if the new style already is pre-packaged?

Also, how many would you consider "a ton"? I may try and go up there tomorrow if they might still have them, but it's a long drive for me, so I want to have a pretty good idea that they have them before making the trek.

Thanks!!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']

Doesn't the GH bundle have the guitar in it? How can they give you a choice of 2 Les Pauls if the new style already is pre-packaged?

[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen there are two different "guitar bundles"... one with the game and the new style guitar and one with the game and two of the Les Paul guitars.

And if you do go up there, you would be the most awesomest person ever if you grabbed me one of the two Les Paul bundles.

[quote name='whisper22']From what I've seen there are two different "guitar bundles"... one with the game and the new style guitar and one with the game and two of the Les Paul guitars.

And if you do go up there, you would be the most awesomest person ever if you grabbed me one of the two Les Paul bundles.[/QUOTE]

Sure. I'm going to wait to see how many were there first. That's a long drive to come up empty-handed!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Sure. I'm going to wait to see how many were there first. That's a long drive to come up empty-handed![/QUOTE]If you do go that way I'd be much obliged if you could wrangle up a bundle for me as well. Not really sure which bundle I'd prefer as I've got two Les Pauls (GH3 and GH:A) and I don't know if the WT guitar is better. Mainly interested in the game and I have a friend who'd want the guitar(s).

bread's done
Back