Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hey Felder, can you clarify a couple of things?

Also, how many would you consider "a ton"? I may try and go up there tomorrow if they might still have them, but it's a long drive for me, so I want to have a pretty good idea that they have them before making the trek.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

For Xbox 360, I mean a ton! There were at least 10 of the dual Les Pauls (spread out between the normal Xbox location and the clearance location) and maybe 5 or 6 of the one touch slide guitar.

Hey guys, Marietta(Smyrna)/41 TRU didn't have the Batman AA giftcards today, they just gave me a normal one w/ the $30 credit. However, my brother informed me that he did get the Batman GC at Barrett/Kennesaw if it matters to you.

FWIW:
I checked Sydney Marcus, Kennesaw, and Perimeter BBY for pennied guides last night and found only two stray KZ2's. I am looking for a Dead Space and X-Men origins. If anyone sees any pick it up for me or hide me one :lol:.

[quote name='Felder71']North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.

EDIT - Amazon is giving $10 for World Tour trade-in so you could effectively get 2 Les Pauls for $12. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you- I swung by today during my lunch break and picked up the XBOX360 version with 2 Guitars at $22. There were about 6-8 left of this and the new guitar version. How does the Les Paul version compare to the new guitar style? What are the differences?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Hey guys, Marietta(Smyrna)/41 TRU didn't have the Batman AA giftcards today, they just gave me a normal one w/ the $30 credit. However, my brother informed me that he did get the Batman GC at Barrett/Kennesaw if it matters to you.

FWIW:
I checked Sydney Marcus, Kennesaw, and Perimeter BBY for pennied guides last night and found only two stray KZ2's. I am looking for a Dead Space and X-Men origins. If anyone sees any pick it up for me or hide me one :lol:.[/QUOTE]Confirm the nothingness at SM's BB. Although they do STILL have a Saint's Row 2 guide from the last drop. SM Target is now down to 22 Rock Band 2s.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Confirm the nothingness at SM's BB. Although they do STILL have a Saint's Row 2 guide from the last drop. SM Target is now down to 22 Rock Band 2s.[/QUOTE]

My apologies, but I wasn't able to get out to NP Target today. I have been pretty busy and it's a 37 mile drive (one way), so that made it extra tough.

Les Paul vs. GH:WT guitar - I find that the Les Paul is superior. THe GH:WT is much heavier to hold and has a thicker neck, which hurts my hands quicker. Les Pauls have also been of higher quality and less likely to break, at least that's been my experience. The "advantage" to the World Tour guitar is it has the touch pad for slide guitar stuff that is in GH:WT and maybe GH:Metallica. But honestly, I've found that to be very imprecise and gimmicky and rather play it normal style. So 2 Les Pauls is definitely better than 1 new style in my opinion and I like to stock pile in case one breaks (I've got 6 now and I've only paid a total of $60 for 5 of them, not including the one that came with GH3). I think I'm set for a while!

[quote name='breezie']Thank you- I swung by today during my lunch break and picked up the XBOX360 version with 2 Guitars at $22. There were about 6-8 left of this and the new guitar version. How does the Les Paul version compare to the new guitar style? What are the differences?[/QUOTE]

The main difference is that the new guitar has the touch sensetive neck slider, I think its use is optional however.

[quote name='breezie']Thank you- I swung by today during my lunch break and picked up the XBOX360 version with 2 Guitars at $22. There were about 6-8 left of this and the new guitar version. How does the Les Paul version compare to the new guitar style? What are the differences?[/QUOTE]

Did you notice how many PS3 Les Pauls were left? I'm interested in the PS3 bundle.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Did you notice how many PS3 Les Pauls were left? I'm interested in the PS3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

There were definitely less PS3 versions than XBOX360 versions but I'm not sure on how many. If you go and can't find any, check the end caps, there was an endcap full of GH: World Tour.

Please allow me one more opportunity to agree that Brandsmart is the closest thing to Hell on Earth. AVOID.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']There is no doubt that Vizio TVs give you the most for your money, and the quality is good too. There isn't anything wrong with them. Personally I like Samsung TVs, which seem to have better prices than they once did since Vizio has been around.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to disagree based on my experience with Vizio HDTVs. My inlaws have a 42" set that they had for about a year when a dark black cloud appeared over the right half of the picture and quickly spread. No warranty support and they bought it from WalMart, so they were SOL.

I myself bought two 20" Vizio HDTVs (in succession) for use in the bedroom. Both units had defective speakers. One would buzz loudly when the mute button was activated or the volume was turned all the way down. Did some poking around the AVS Forums and discovered it was a known issue. The next, which was a slightly newer model that supposedly fixed the problem, buzzed while the volume was up. At that point I gave up.

There are many things that can go wrong with an HDTV, and you essentially get what you pay for. I also am a fan of Samsung, and have one of their 32" LCD HDTVs in my living room (top-of-the-line at the time), but after three years in service, it's started to show some faint clouding/burn-in on the upper right-hand side as well. So who knows. Hoping to upgrade to a 40" (the biggest my cabinet will allow) Samsung LED backlit LCD soon.

[quote name='Tybee']
I'm going to have to disagree based on my experience with Vizio HDTVs. My inlaws have a 42" set that they had for about a year when a dark black cloud appeared over the right half of the picture and quickly spread. No warranty support and they bought it from WalMart, so they were SOL.

I myself bought two 20" Vizio HDTVs (in succession) for use in the bedroom. Both units had defective speakers. One would buzz loudly when the mute button was activated or the volume was turned all the way down. Did some poking around the AVS Forums and discovered it was a known issue. The next, which was a slightly newer model that supposedly fixed the problem, buzzed while the volume was up. At that point I gave up.

There are many things that can go wrong with an HDTV, and you essentially get what you pay for. I also am a fan of Samsung, and have one of their 32" LCD HDTVs in my living room (top-of-the-line at the time), but after three years in service, it's started to show some faint clouding/burn-in on the upper right-hand side as well. So who knows. Hoping to upgrade to a 40" (the biggest my cabinet will allow) Samsung LED backlit LCD soon.[/QUOTE]

The Samsung that we have is a DLP and is slowly suffering from "dead pixels" (even though they aren't really pixels). It didn't start until after it was out of warranty. Apparently it is a known problem but then again DLP was not the best tech. The big problem is that we have a very limited budget to get a new TV. I like the Sharp Aquos myself. Maybe an LG would be good...

Wow, this thread blew up since I checked in 48 hours ago. I feel like I'm late to the party but those GHWT bundles with 2 LP controllers and the RB2 game only are great deals. I too feel that the LesPaul guitars are better. The touch slide thing was pretty lame and not accurate, plus the WT model's downstrum broke after a month, lame. Playing with only upstrums on guitar at the higher difficulties got old real fast. I'll see if I can check around for these 2 deals in the next few days and post any findings. I know I'll be able to do it this weekend but I'm afraid both wells will be dry by then. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Did you notice how many PS3 Les Pauls were left? I'm interested in the PS3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure there are no PS3 Les Pauls, only the bundle with one GH:WT touch slider guitar. Maybe 3-4 of those.

No guides at the BB on Pleasant Hill of I85. There was an employee organizing them when I walked in so I get the feeling I got there just a little too late. He asked if I was looking for any books in particular. Shoulda asked what I could get for the six pennies in my pocket.

A little more luck at the Snellville BB for me, but unfortunately just taking enough meant taking most of it. Found 1 KZ2, 4 NFS Undercover, 2 Dead Space, and 1 Wolverine. Left 3 NFS:UC and took the rest. The Wolverine and extra DS are for a CAG. That store is still running it's terrible tiered "clearance" that's something like buy one for 10% off, buy 2 for 15% off, buy 3 for 20% off and buy 4 or more for 25% off.

BB in Douglasville last night had a Terminator and KillZone 2 guide at the counter marked 1¢ each.

...I need to go back there. I mentioned TRU's b1g1 ½ on wii and ds games, and they said they'd price match. Even though I didn't have a flier, they looked it up online, and the kids told the cashiers to do a price match on Metroid and Wii Resort. Instead of 50% off of one, they took 25% off of each... only, it wasn't 25% off of each, it was $25 off of each. So I got both for $50 and tax.

The terrible thing is, at the time, I noticed it and said nothing. But I got absolutely zero sleep last night, and I have to go back and pay the difference.

edit: I don't know if was intentional (a joke) or a typo, but I changed the tag on this thread from "ackworth" to "acworth."

I forgot to ask, is anyone going to Dragoncon? Frank Conniff, Trace, Mary Jo AND Bill Corbett are going to be there. I even saw a thing on the schedule for Crow vs Crow, so I'm assuming Trace and Bill will be doing a Crow show.

Just saw that the C&C RA 3 guide is pennied. I saw at least one at the Pleasant Hill BB yesterday. I thought it was pennied, but had no need for it. Anyone have luck getting penny guides at Blockbuster around here?

[quote name='jdawgg76']That store is still running it's terrible tiered "clearance" that's something like buy one for 10% off, buy 2 for 15% off, buy 3 for 20% off and buy 4 or more for 25% off.[/QUOTE]

That's better than the 5% they were offering last time I was there.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to jdawgg for his post about the 12-buck "Rock Band 2" (game only) copies at the Sidney Marcus Target. Grabbed one that should go nicely with the clearanced RB1 set that I got at Target late last year. My instruments had been collecting dust, but the new songs and features ought to give me another boost of interest. I CAN use my RB1 instruments with RB2, right?

That store still had tons of 15-dollar "SW: Force Unleashed" for Xbox, and also a few "Rainbow 6 Vegas 1" for that price. I couldn't bring myself to bite on either though.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Just wanted to give a shoutout to jdawgg for his post about the 12-buck "Rock Band 2" (game only) copies at the Sidney Marcus Target. Grabbed one that should go nicely with the clearanced RB1 set that I got at Target late last year. My instruments had been collecting dust, but the new songs and features ought to give me another boost of interest. I CAN use my RB1 instruments with RB2, right?

That store still had tons of 15-dollar "SW: Force Unleashed" for Xbox, and also a few "Rainbow 6 Vegas 1" for that price. I couldn't bring myself to bite on either though.[/QUOTE]

Yes about the instruments.

Both of those games are well worth $15, especially R6V. I highly recommend spending the $30.

[quote name='kitlink']That's better than the 5% they were offering last time I was there.[/QUOTE]Oh, yeah, that was a joke.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Just wanted to give a shoutout to jdawgg for his post about the 12-buck "Rock Band 2" (game only) copies at the Sidney Marcus Target. Grabbed one that should go nicely with the clearanced RB1 set that I got at Target late last year. My instruments had been collecting dust, but the new songs and features ought to give me another boost of interest. I CAN use my RB1 instruments with RB2, right?

That store still had tons of 15-dollar "SW: Force Unleashed" for Xbox, and also a few "Rainbow 6 Vegas 1" for that price. I couldn't bring myself to bite on either though.[/QUOTE]Glad to help. I'm waiting for 7.50 for SWTFU as well. There are several at that store and a bunch at a few other stores so odds are pretty good. Vegas is a lot of fun.

[quote name='Robotechnology']That store still had tons of 15-dollar "SW: Force Unleashed" for Xbox, and also a few "Rainbow 6 Vegas 1" for that price. I couldn't bring myself to bite on either though.[/QUOTE]

Is $15 75% of 50% off?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Oh, yeah, that was a joke.

Glad to help. I'm waiting for 7.50 for SWTFU as well. There are several at that store and a bunch at a few other stores so odds are pretty good. Vegas is a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Would believe I bought R6: Vegas on November 20th, 2006 and have still yet to play it? It had just come out and was a "good deal" for $46 at Circuit City. I enjoyed the demo well enough. Just for some reason or another never played it. Unfortunately with ODST, COD MW2, and L4D2, I'm guessing it'll have to wait until 2010.

Anyone else have games they should have waited on? I also have a $40 GoW2 that I wished I had waited for now that we are getting a GOTY edition and I've still yet to play it. Same with $20 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Is $15 75% of 50% off?[/QUOTE]$15 is 50% off. To be honest after I missed the last deal on it (free after rebate at FYE) I started looking for it at Targets to get an idea what it would be if it got clearanced soon and NO stores had it out for sale. I guess they were in the back for awhile until now.

[quote name='Felder71']Would believe I bought R6: Vegas on November 20th, 2006 and have still yet to play it? It had just come out and was a "good deal" for $46 at Circuit City. I enjoyed the demo well enough. Just for some reason or another never played it. Unfortunately with ODST, COD MW2, and L4D2, I'm guessing it'll have to wait until 2010.

Anyone else have games they should have waited on? I also have a $40 GoW2 that I wished I had waited for now that we are getting a GOTY edition and I've still yet to play it. Same with $20 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.[/QUOTE]I got it when Target had it 75% off and have only played the beginning of the campaign (played alot of online at a friend's). I've gotten alot of stuff that I wish I had waited on. Most recently I got Dead Space, Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead in a B2G1 at GS early last spring and I've just checked out the first two and only played L4D a little bit. Kinda wish I waited on Gears 2, but I was dying to continue the campaign and play Horde.

I never buy any primarily single player title on release day anymore. This last Batman AA was an exception,. I kinda wished I had waited because I wasn't exactly blown away.

[quote name='guinaevere']I forgot to ask, is anyone going to Dragoncon? Frank Conniff, Trace, Mary Jo AND Bill Corbett are going to be there. I even saw a thing on the schedule for Crow vs Crow, so I'm assuming Trace and Bill will be doing a Crow show.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to go, especially to see all the MST3K crew, maybe dabble in the Tolkien stuff a bit, but I've got a lot going on that weekend (Decatur Book Festival, amongst other things), and it's hard to justify the $100 entry ($200 if I want to take my wife, who is curious, but frightened), knowing that I will not fully take advantage of the offerings.

Sad but true: DragonCon lays bare the fact that I am not a very good nerd.

Walmart Snellville 19.96 for PS3:
Wanted
Damnation
Dead Space

That's the best they had to offer. Also a Rock Band 2 Drum Set for $75. I remember hooking local CAGs up with that before so I don't know why it's back. Also they had a price tag for the Wii RB2 Drums for $50, but no drums. Also odd since they sold those out before as well.

Almost scored Guitar Hero 5, but I thought the cover was so ugly that it was a presell mockup. When I got to the front door I saw the ad for it and that it comes out Sep 1 so I went back and they had realized the mistake and already removed it.

Tybee did you add an extra zero to that price?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Walmart Snellville 19.96 for PS3:
Wanted
Damnation
Dead Space

That's the best they had to offer. Also a Rock Band 2 Drum Set for $75. I remember hooking local CAGs up with that before so I don't know why it's back. Also they had a price tag for the Wii RB2 Drums for $50, but no drums. Also odd since they sold those out before as well.

Almost scored Guitar Hero 5, but I thought the cover was so ugly that it was a presell mockup. When I got to the front door I saw the ad for it and that it comes out Sep 1 so I went back and they had realized the mistake and already removed it.

Tybee did you add an extra zero to that price?[/QUOTE]

Did you get my PM, jdawgg??

Hope everyone that wanted one of those dual Les Paul GH:WT sets from North Point Target got one because they are all gone. There are some PS3 and X360 single slide guitar sets left, but the dual Les Pauls were the real gold.

[quote name='Felder71']Hope everyone that wanted one of those dual Les Paul GH:WT sets from North Point Target got one because they are all gone. There are some PS3 and X360 single slide guitar sets left, but the dual Les Pauls were the real gold.[/QUOTE]

Aw damn. I think they should be down to $22 at the Atlantic Station Target by now though. My chances aren't really any better for getting to that store either :cry:

And as far as the price for D*Con... its almost $100 for the entire weekend. You can get a pass for just one day for like $50. I'm pretty sure all the prices are on the website.

[quote name='neocisco']Wait, it costs $100 just to walk in to DragonCon!?[/QUOTE]

It's $97.75 for all four days if you buy from ticketmaster and $100 at the door; They also have other membership packages if you don't want all four days.

My friends and I might go Friday and/or Saturday and maybe monday.

[quote name='whisper22']Aw damn. I think they should be down to $22 at the Atlantic Station Target by now though. My chances aren't really any better for getting to that store either :cry:

And as far as the price for D*Con... its almost $100 for the entire weekend. You can get a pass for just one day for like $50. I'm pretty sure all the prices are on the website.[/QUOTE]

Hey Whisper. There was 1 slider bundle left at the Stone Mountain Target on Monday for $44. It may have dropped by now. I decided to use my Wal-Mart gift card to get the full GH:WT band kit, because I really wanted the drums, anyway.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hey Whisper. There was 1 slider bundle left at the Stone Mountain Target on Monday for $44. It may have dropped by now. I decided to use my Wal-Mart gift card to get the full GH:WT band kit, because I really wanted the drums, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Cool I'll have to run by there. Thanks.

One of the Les Paul guitars from my bundle stopped working (Green and Red buttons stopped functioning) so I ended up exchanging it at my local Target in Cobb County (Johnson Ferry / Roswell Location). Is this normal or was it a weird fluke b/c I was under the impression that these guitars were higher quality.

At any rate... to my suprise, the Target location mentioned has a TON Guitar Hero Bundles (both versions for XBOX 360) marked down to $22.48 so grab them while its hot, I counted at least 15 boxes. Barely any PS3 ones so I wouldn't bother making the trip if you're going for that.

[quote name='breezie']One of the Les Paul guitars from my bundle stopped working (Green and Red buttons stopped functioning) so I ended up exchanging it at my local Target in Cobb County (Johnson Ferry / Roswell Location). Is this normal or was it a weird fluke b/c I was under the impression that these guitars were higher quality.

At any rate... to my suprise, the Target location mentioned has a TON Guitar Hero Bundles (both versions for XBOX 360) marked down to $22.48 so grab them while its hot, I counted at least 15 boxes. Barely any PS3 ones so I wouldn't bother making the trip if you're going for that.[/QUOTE]

I have 6 Les Pauls and never had an issue with buttons stop functioning. I do have one that came out of the box with a subpar strum bar, but I got it for $7 and there was nothing to exchange it for, so I kept it anyway. That said, I've heard of some issues a lot time ago with the neck having issues due to the connector, but these should have been long resolved. In your case, it was probably more of a fluke than anything.

Good news for more GH bundles....I wonder if I can resist picking up another one, making that 8 Les Pauls! I think I'm probably good though.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Hey, my girl bought me rockband 2. If I buy rockband 1, can I import those songs?[/QUOTE]

Don't bother buying it - rent it or borrow from someone. Within RB1, you can buy a license for $5 and then DL all the tracks to be used in RB2. No need to own RB1.

P.S. - The girlfriend is a keeper!

[quote name='whisper22']Aw damn. I think they should be down to $22 at the Atlantic Station Target by now though. My chances aren't really any better for getting to that store either :cry:

And as far as the price for D*Con... its almost $100 for the entire weekend. You can get a pass for just one day for like $50. I'm pretty sure all the prices are on the website.[/QUOTE]

The Atlantic Stations 2x Les Pauls (360) dropped last Sunday and were gone on Monday. They had about 16 Sunday afternoon.

I know last year some friends of mine went to Dragon*Con for the sole purpose of playing "look at the freaks," and I'm fairly certain they did not register to do so. I'll have to ask how they accomplished this. I haven't been since I was in junior high (which was a long, long time ago).

Is the child molester guy still running it or is he in jail?

Picked up Batman AA at Best Buy. They honered Brandsmarts price$48.88. then gave me the $10 Gift card. It felt good to get a deal on 2 day old game.

[quote name='Felder71']Would believe I bought R6: Vegas on November 20th, 2006 and have still yet to play it?[/QUOTE]
Play it. It's a great game.

[quote name='neocisco']Wait, it costs $100 just to walk in to DragonCon!?[/QUOTE]$100 for admission all four days. Or $35 for friday $50 for Sat, $50 for Sun and I forget what monday is. Pretty steep. But I'm really wanting to meet Bill Corbett. I still dont know if I'm going or not, or if I'll get a one day pass, or all four days or what.

[quote name='Tybee'] Is the child molester guy still running it or is he in jail?[/QUOTE]Um... what? And the freaks... could you clarify? I've never been to this thing before, and I'm entirely uncertain now that I want to put any money down that goes to a child molester.

[quote name='Felder71']Don't bother buying it - rent it or borrow from someone. Within RB1, you can buy a license for $5 and then DL all the tracks to be used in RB2. No need to own RB1.

P.S. - The girlfriend is a keeper![/QUOTE] Only reason to buy it would be for Enter Sandman since, due to Metallica signing with Guitar Hero, can't be exported. There's a couple of other ones as well but that's the major one.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Um... what? And the freaks... could you clarify? I've never been to this thing before, and I'm entirely uncertain now that I want to put any money down that goes to a child molester.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_E._Kramer

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/freshloaf/2009/01/29/ed-kramer-finally-to-stand-trial/

http://free-ed.blogspot.com/2007/09/real-monster-writes.html

http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:7799 - this one from 2002 really raises some eyebrows about his behavior.

Still hasn't stood trial. From what I read, there's two camps. The one's who support him and claiming the lack of due process and the one's who point out that most of the delays have been because of him. After reading all of this, I'm definitely thinking he's guilty and doing whatever the hell he can to delay the trial.

And he filed a lawsuit against the current director earlier this year -
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/02/26/dragoncon_founder_suit.html

Okay, so borrow the game, and in the options some where is the 5 dollar license thing thing?

Cool, I appreciate it. And yeah, she's a keeper.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Okay, so borrow the game, and in the options some where is the 5 dollar license thing thing?

Cool, I appreciate it. And yeah, she's a keeper.[/QUOTE]

The license thing is found online in the PS3 store/XBOX Live marketplace.

[quote name='Tybee']I know last year some friends of mine went to Dragon*Con for the sole purpose of playing "look at the freaks," and I'm fairly certain they did not register to do so. I'll have to ask how they accomplished this. I haven't been since I was in junior high (which was a long, long time ago).[/QUOTE]

I work at Peachtree Center, so we usually go down once or twice on Friday (i'll be off this year tho, dammit) and watch folks walk back and forth between the Marriott and the Hyatt or Hilton (whichever one is on P'tree, I can't remember). It's like a constant parade of costumes, some incredible, some you wish you could get the image out of your head. Speaking of parades though, I think they do a parade down P'tree on Saturday. So, that may be how your friends have been 'looking at the freaks,' and not actually going inside the conference area??? I know another popular thing is to go down to one of the hotel bars on Friday/Saturday night for a 'viewing.'

Toys R Us near Mall of Georgia (Suwanee, GA) is selling Eye of Judgment (including eye toy & pack of cards) for 19.99 plus tax. Also, they are having buy 1 Wii or DS game and get the 2nd half off.

bread's done
Back