Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I went to the Marietta Microcenter this afternoon between 1-2 pm. There was a guy working the videogame area that was a big help. When I asked for the 1600 MS point cards he walked me up near the counter of the game area. They had a half dozen of those gray plastic, retail box things full of product. In one of the ones marked with an "X-box live" post-it note was a TON (literally dozens) of the 1600 point cards. He pulled out a stack and asked how many I wanted. At $12.99, I grabbed three and he put back the rest. He mentioned that the 3 month Gold subscription cards were $9.99 also but I didn't get any of those so I can't say how many they had. He also mentioned that they had so many 1600 point cards because they got a shipment of overstock from Blockbuster. Sure enough, one of the cards I bought still has the "Blockbuster Price $20" sticker on it. So if you're seeing GS stickers on their stuff I wouldn't be surprised at all. I was only inside 10 minutes so I can't really report on anything else in the store.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Wait. Were the 12 month live kits 12.99? Or was it only the 1600 pt cards? If not, how much were the 12 month packs?[/QUOTE]Didn't look at the prices on the live cards or the boxed live kits as I only had one mission (I'm really set on live subscription from a couple of different clearance from the land of clearance past). My bad, I shoulda taken a look.

Also, I realized that those are Blockbuster stickers and not Gamestop stickers, so Duluth has BB stickers as well.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Didn't look at the prices on the live cards or the boxed live kits as I only had one mission (I'm really set on live subscription from a couple of different clearance from the land of clearance past). My bad, I shoulda taken a look.

Also, I realized that those are Blockbuster stickers and not Gamestop stickers, so Duluth has BB stickers as well.[/QUOTE]

That's ok. I just had your post marked for moderation due to misleading its intended readers. ;)

Thanks. I'm going to head up there in the morning!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']That's ok. I just had your post marked for moderation due to misleading its intended readers. ;)

Thanks. I'm going to head up there in the morning![/QUOTE]See, I thought the and/which statement would be read as pertaining to only the subject of which and the designation of and. I also thought that since I didn't say 12 month kits for 12.99! I grabz all dem shitzzzzz!!!! was also another dead giveaway. ;) Now watch you go and find that they really are 12.99 or some ridiculous price.

Hey Guinaevere, I'd be up for a haunted house or something. I know I saw a few around Paulding County, but the only thing I can think of off hand is the Haunted Junkyard down 92 (near Ridge Road).

Thanks again, all, for sharing the hot deals with your fellow ATL gamers: I braved the rain and checked out the Duluth Micro Center on my lunch break, and snagged some cheap MS Point cards. As of 2pm they still had freaking tons of the 3-month Live cards (9.99) and at least a dozen or so of the 1600-point ones (12.99). Buying into the hot deal hysteria, I grabbed 4 of the point cards -- probably more than I'll ever need. At least I'll be ready when "Perfect Dark" is released on XBLA. But that still leaves 12 or so cards for the rest of you. They are in a big bin by the service desk in the gaming area. They do indeed have Blockbuster price tags on them.

-- Andy

Duluth Microcenter also had the '3 Month Premium Gold Pack' with 3 Months Xbox Live + 400 MS Points + Headset for $12.99 each. They're in the same bin by the service desk in the gaming area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Robot and JC beat me to the postings.....but I'll post, anyway.

I saw 3 month LIVE cards for $9.99. 3-month LIVE kits for $12.99. 1600 point cards for $12.99.
Confirmed with the guys in the department (who were surprisingly VERY friendly and helpful) that they were out of 4000 point cards. They said they expect to get more 4000 point cards in this week and they are $39.99.

I bought 2 1600 point cards and 1 3-month LIVE kit for ~$39 TOTAL. Great deal. That 3-month LIVE kit is great. I don't need the extra headset, but I get points and LIVE renewal for about $15 less than MSRP.

THANKS TO JDAWGG FOR LETTING US KNOW!! I wouldn't have even bothered to go, otherwise.

Just thought of something, being the math genius that I am. Why is MC selling 4000 point cards for $40? It's cheaper to buy 3 1600 point cards and you get 800 more points. And to think that I may have bought a 4000 point card instead if they had them and I hadn't thought of this sooner. Glad my math stupidity didn't cost me today, since there weren't any 4000 cards.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Just thought of something, being the math genius that I am. Why is MC selling 4000 point cards for $40? It's cheaper to buy 3 1600 point cards and you get 800 more points. And to think that I may have bought a 4000 point card instead if they had them and I hadn't thought of this sooner. Glad my math stupidity didn't cost me today, since there weren't any 4000 cards.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Yep.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Just thought of something, being the math genius that I am. Why is MC selling 4000 point cards for $40? It's cheaper to buy 3 1600 point cards and you get 800 more points. And to think that I may have bought a 4000 point card instead if they had them and I hadn't thought of this sooner. Glad my math stupidity didn't cost me today, since there weren't any 4000 cards.[/QUOTE]

The convenience of only having to enter 1 code is worth the extra money!

Actually, closer to $39 for 4800, but point taken.

Keep in mind that 1600-point cards are B2G1 at TRU this week as well. Slightly better deal (for 3) at MC, but only by a couple bucks.

After striking out at both Fry's locations, I made another trip to Mansell Wal-Mart. They had more games for 5 bucks! I scooped for 360, Tomb Raider Underworld,Sonic Unleashed,The Simpsons,Scene it(game only, Winward Walmart has game and 4 paddles for 15 bucks) for Wii I got Madworld, Deadly creatures, and Samba De Amigo and for GAMECUBE(lol) I got Odama with Microphone. No more Odama or Scene it but all others still there.

Just got back from a return trip to Mansell Walmart(400 North Exit 8 I beleive), and picked up AC/DC special edition bonus pack for Xbox 360 and PS2 for 5 bucks each. Had to go back because Scene it had no game inside. And they pretty much treated me as though I stole it. Had to talk to Asst store manager but he took care of me. Now, I feel like a dummy though, because I didn't check too see if the PS3 version was that low too,they did do an adjustment on it so YMMV. Sorry jdawgg76 they were out of the Tomb Raider when I got back...

It is about 3 miles west of 400 off of exit 8.

I have never seen deals like that there. If I hadn't recently got MadWorld and Deadly Creatures I would be headed over there.

[quote name='mazinga z']Just got back from a return trip to Mansell Walmart(400 North Exit 8 I beleive), and picked up AC/DC special edition bonus pack for Xbox 360 and PS2 for 5 bucks each. Had to go back because Scene it had no game inside. And they pretty much treated me as though I stole it. Had to talk to Asst store manager but he took care of me. Now, I feel like a dummy though, because I didn't check too see if the PS3 version was that low too,they did do an adjustment on it so YMMV. Sorry jdawgg76 they were out of the Tomb Raider when I got back...[/QUOTE]Thanks for looking!

[quote name='mazinga z']Just got back from a return trip to Mansell Walmart(400 North Exit 8 I beleive), and picked up AC/DC special edition bonus pack for Xbox 360 and PS2 for 5 bucks each. Had to go back because Scene it had no game inside. And they pretty much treated me as though I stole it. Had to talk to Asst store manager but he took care of me. Now, I feel like a dummy though, because I didn't check too see if the PS3 version was that low too,they did do an adjustment on it so YMMV. Sorry jdawgg76 they were out of the Tomb Raider when I got back...[/QUOTE]

What the?!

Where were those? I dug through all the games on the $5 endcap at about 1pm today (Tuesday), but I didn't see most of the stuff you mentioned.

I did get:
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol DS
FF: Chocobo Dungeon for Wii
Guitar Hero 3pack for PS2
Frequency PS2

I had been waiting for the AC/DC PS2 packs to go clearance there for a YEAR (I work across the street), but they finally just disappeared. Where were they today? I did notice some 360 ones in the case as I walked by.

If anyone is interested I was in the Hiram Sams club off of 278 today and snagged a PS3 version of ultimate alliance 2 for $30. They mislabeled the ps3 sales box with a DS price sticker on it. I gave it a shot and no one at the register noticed the sticker said DS on it because the box had PS3 all over it. So if your interested head over there soon before they figure out they screwed up big time. And the mislabel wasn't on just one case it was on all of them for MUA2.

[quote name='Tybee']Actually, closer to $39 for 4800, but point taken.

Keep in mind that 1600-point cards are B2G1 at TRU this week as well. Slightly better deal (for 3) at MC, but only by a couple bucks.[/QUOTE]

Tybee, have you actually seen the 1600 point cards at TRU? I thought they we're all clearanced out a while back.

THe clearance rack as 2 areas, the other is close to the photo processing area by the largest LCD's. Yeah the AC/DC packs were in the case. They had the PS2 version out and I asked about the Xbox version and they marked it down to 5 bucks, so it MIGHT be a YMMV. May go back today to see if hey have PS3 version since it's what I have.

Okay, just came back from Mansell Wal-Mart

The clearance games are all over the place:

1) An endcap in the middle facing the front of the store
2) Over by photo processing in the very back
3) And plenty of clearance games not marked as such in the value game section near the video games behind the glass

JDAWGG76 - There are tons (well maybe 5 or 6) of 360 Tomb Raider Underworld in that value game section, along with Simpsons 360 and some others. The main area is pretty picked over but there is 1 PS2 and 1 PS3 AC/DC RB. I found a 360 RB (both with the t-shirt and normal) but they both rang up as $30, so mazing a must have gotten lucky! Wish I had known you wanted PS3 - would have picked up it and we could have traded. Also a ton of PS2 William Pinball HOF and 360 Lego Batman.

The key is that you should scan anything over in the value section, it might be discounted.

Ended up with only 1 Simpsons and 1 TR Underworld but for $10, works out. Too bad about the AC/DC but I am not paying anywhere close to $30 for that.

[quote name='Felder71']Tybee, have you actually seen the 1600 point cards at TRU? I thought they we're all clearanced out a while back.[/QUOTE]

I'm not referring to the clearance sale. TRU video game B2G1 is going on this week, and that extends to Microsoft points cards. I know you can mix across consoles. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether you can mix points cards with games.

Incidentally, there were plenty of 1600 points cards left at the Cobb MicroCenter last night. I grabbed three. Be aware that there are some toward the front of the section, then a bunch more closer to the desk in back. I get paid tomorrow, so I may go grab one or two more.

[quote name='Tybee']I'm not referring to the clearance sale. TRU video game B2G1 is going on this week, and that extends to Microsoft points cards. I know you can mix across consoles. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether you can mix points cards with games.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? Dropped by TRU at lunch and the guy said point cards don't count. I asked nicely to try it and the computer didn't take off the price of the third one. And online, the points cards don't have the B2G1 designation and won't subtract the price of the third when adding to your cart.

[quote name='Felder71']Are you sure about that? Dropped by TRU at lunch and the guy said point cards don't count. I asked nicely to try it and the computer didn't take off the price of the third one. And online, the points cards don't have the B2G1 designation and won't subtract the price of the third when adding to your cart.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...Was supposed to be good through the 17th, but appears they may have killed it.

If anybody is going by the Mansell WM and can pick up a $5 Tomb Raider Underworld for 360 I'd really appreciate it, but I don't want anybody going out of their way.

[quote name='mazinga z']I got a interview there tommorow so if I remember, I'll scoop you a copy.[/QUOTE]

Getting a job at Wal-Mart? You can discuss with the electronics manager on what kinds of stuff should go on clearance. Beatles Rock Band Special Edition is on the way out. Better make that $5. Also a PS3. No one wants that system. $10. Also no one wants 55" LCD TVs. Clear out some space for new Elmo stuff. Make them $25.

I actually went for the electronics manager position,lol. Ad DOH, forgot to scoop a tmb raider, I'll swing by tommorow probably.

[quote name='mazinga z']I actually went for the electronics manager position,lol. Ad DOH, forgot to scoop a tmb raider, I'll swing by tommorow probably.[/QUOTE]

Then we are really in good shape! Good luck with that.

There were at least 3 copies of Tomb Raider:UW on the rack when I left around 8 tonight. I can go back and pick one up tomorrow (again, I work across the street), so let me know if I should.

I finally found the hidden back rack of stuff, AND they'd added some new titles to the forward-facing rack in the center. Some good stuff all around. I bought:

Wii:
Major Minor's Majestic March
Samba De Amigo
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Cooking Mama: World Kitchen

PS2:
Grim Grimoire
Singstar AMPED

PC:
Painkiller: Triple Dose
C&C: The Complete Saga (13 games!)

So, THANKS for all the follow-up info and the impetus to make a return trip!

They also had some Rock Band drums for $30, 360 and PS3.

[quote name='Vansathi']Was there any more GrimGrimoire left?[/QUOTE]

I believe there was one more. I'm thinking it was on the rack back by the photo lab.

I appreciate it fellas. I actually need to meet up with Gray anyway to get another game so if you have a chance and it's not any trouble to pick up TR:U for me that would be great! Sending you a pm about the other stuff by the way.

GT PSP $19.99 @ Frys. Not a one day sale.

Any more point cards at MC Duluth?

Can't find Ace Combat 6, I don't know what my kids did with it. Really sorry (I'll send PM later)

Since some of you are interested in the game I just wanted to put it out there that I have the soundtrack for GrimGrimoire available for trade. If anybody has one of the TR:U for 360 available I'd definitely be down for a trade.

Anyone know if there are any Xbox Live point cards still at the Marietta MicroCenter? I might actually be in the area this weekend and would love to pick some up. Thanks for any info.

Edit - Actually, might be by the Duluth one as well. So any over there?

Not sure if this is proper forum, but Target is clearancing out the Transformer Combiner Sets(20.99). If they drop to 50 percent I'll scoop them so I can justify the add on kits for them...

bread's done
Back