Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sidney Marcus Target has one PS3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle left at 24.98. It was a new drop and correctly tagged. No new tags on the PS2 bundle still at 50% off. Didn't have time to scan it.

Also, sorry Falcons fans, I like your squad alot, but I've only seen my Cardinals win two playoff games in my lifetime so GO CARDS![/QUOTE]

Are you from Arizona? I'm originally from California, so my team is the Raiders.

Yeah, I know......

[quote name='chuckie88']Better then being a Michigander like me with our record setting Lions![/QUOTE]

Raiders and Lions? Sounds like Super Bowl 2010 to me!

[quote name='neocisco']I heard the Lions were being traded to the CFL for a year's supply of Molson's and maple syrup.[/quote]:lol:
Nah, Detroit turned down that offer to secure the short-term rights to Labatt's and curling! (See ex: Big 3 as asnine forward thinkers)

Anybody seen a complete used 360 Left 4 Dead at a Gamestop anywhere around the metro?
I've got gift card money to burn at GS and have been trying to pick it up used to save cash.
I called a few stores and checked the Edgewood and Vet.Mem.Pkwy. stores today with no luck.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Are you from Arizona? I'm originally from California, so my team is the Raiders.

Yeah, I know......[/quote]No, Chicago. When I started watching baseball as a kid and since my parents were Cubs fans, I chose to root for their rival, the Cardinals and then when I started watching football I just started rooting for the Cardinals since they were also in St Louis. I do still pull for the Bears and Falcons though, most of the time.

[quote name='chuckie88']Better then being a Michigander like me with our record setting Lions![/quote]Coming into this season the team with the worst record over the last ten years was Detroit, second worst was Arizona. Oakland probably past Arizona this year.

[quote name='chuckie88']:lol:
Nah, Detroit turned down that offer to secure the short-term rights to Labatt's and curling! (See ex: Big 3 as asnine forward thinkers)

Anybody seen a complete used 360 Left 4 Dead at a Gamestop anywhere around the metro?
I've got gift card money to burn at GS and have been trying to pick it up used to save cash.
I called a few stores and checked the Edgewood and Vet.Mem.Pkwy. stores today with no luck.[/quote]L4D was IMPOSSIBLE to find used for me. I did the B2G1 and got SWTHFU to replace with a L4D I would find at another store and every store I'd call that was listed as having it on the website did not. On the very last day I could make a return (this past Sunday) I found one and snagged it. Check the new price. It was 49.99 new and 54.99 used, but I noticed that the new price on the site went back to 59.99 a few days ago. Maybe B&M didn't follow suit, but I think they always do.

I never understood bringing Pro-team allegances from one city to another. Alumni alllegances yes, but pro-team transplants always seemed odd to me.

On to CAG topic, I will be checking my closest Target's today and should post any good finds at lunch (didn't get to them Monday).

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sidney Marcus Target has one PS3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle left at 24.98.[/QUOTE]

If that bundle is still there will someone please pick it up for me (i'll even tip for your trouble)? I'm currently in Orlando (and I'll be back on the 8th) and the two Targets down here that I've found to have the PS3 version still in stock are priced at only 30% off... 69.98 ---- Please let me know. Thanks!!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I never understood bringing Pro-team allegances from one city to another. Alumni alllegances yes, but pro-team transplants always seemed odd to me.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I grew up there for many years, so I can't just stop liking a team I've followed my entire life because I now live in a different state. I mean, you like what you like, right? I went to UGA, so if I moved back to California, I'm still a die-hard dawgs fan. I also love the Cowboys, Yankees and Mets, and I've never lived within 1,000 miles of Dallas or New York (assuming we're over 1,000 miles from either place here; I'm not great with estimating distance), so it's just liking the teams that you do.

I appreciate the Falcons, but I'm not somebody that can just switch allegiances just because I live somewhere else. I mean, is there honestly anyone on this board who's favorite teams in all the major sports are the Braves, Falcons, Thrashers and Hawks? I doubt it....

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I mean, is there honestly anyone on this board who's favorite teams in all the major sports are the Braves, Falcons, Thrashers and Hawks? I doubt it....[/QUOTE]

Those are all my favorite teams. Seriously. I was born, raised, went to college, and now starting a job all in GA/Metro ATL area; so I favorite the home teams. I can't tell you if they would change if I moved... perhaps if I was going to be a permanent resident in a new state.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZharTheMad']Those are all my favorite teams. Seriously. I was born, raised, went to college, and now starting a job all in GA/Metro ATL area; so I favorite the home teams. I can't tell you if they would change if I moved... perhaps if I was going to a permanent resident in a new state.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. That's the reason, though, why I love the Lakers, Raiders, Dodgers, etc. I even like the Rams because I watched them as a kid when they were in L.A. It's like having a girlfriend and then moving. I can't stop loving the girlfriend because she's in a different state.

And, doggoneit, I'm not going to break up with Kobe Bryant.....

I was a huge Steelers and Pirates fan when I was a kid. No connection at all to Pittsburgh, I guess I just picked them. Of course, being a Steelers fan then automatically made the Cowboys my mortal enemies. Now they've just made it so easy to hate them since they have both Terrell Owens and Pac-Man Jones on the team. I played on the Yankess in pee wee league so I was a fan of them, at least until I got older and realized that George Steinbrenner is Satan. I grew up in Illinois and my grandpa took me to my first pro game, the Cardinals, so I've always had a spot for them. We had a friend in our neighborhood whose mom was a die hard Cubs fan. How die hard, you ask? My brother and I went over one day to play with Cardinals hats on and she wouldn't let us in the house with them. She made us leave them in the garage. I was also a big Bears fan. Payton was just incredible to watch. Then there was the Bulls. Once Jordan retired I pretty much stopped watching basketball regularly. Once you've watched the career of the greatest of all time it's all downhill from there.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']And, doggoneit, I'm not going to break up with Kobe Bryant.....[/quote]

He must have bought you a nice ring then.

[quote name='neocisco']I was a huge Steelers and Pirates fan when I was a kid. No connection at all to Pittsburgh, I guess I just picked them. Of course, being a Steelers fan then automatically made the Cowboys my mortal enemies. Now they've just made it so easy to hate them since they have both Terrell Owens and Pac-Man Jones on the team. I played on the Yankess in pee wee league so I was a fan of them, at least until I got older and realized that George Steinbrenner is Satan. I grew up in Illinois and my grandpa took me to my first pro game, the Cardinals, so I've always had a spot for them. We had a friend in our neighborhood whose mom was a die hard Cubs fan. How die hard, you ask? My brother and I went over one day to play with Cardinals hats on and she wouldn't let us in the house with them. She made us leave them in the garage. I was also a big Bears fan. Payton was just incredible to watch. Then there was the Bulls. Once Jordan retired I pretty much stopped watching basketball regularly. Once you've watched the career of the greatest of all time it's all downhill from there.

He must have bought you a nice ring then.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about the Steelers, they're one of those teams that are loved EVERYWHERE. I know so many Steelers fans just at my church, and not a one is from anywhere close to Pittsburgh.

I hear you about Jordan. He's my all-time favorite sports figure, but I just love Basketball too much to quit watching, plus the Lakers are good again after having a few down years, so it's nice following a team that has a serious chance at a championship. I think they have the talent to beat the Celtics this year.

Transplant from CT - still a Giants, Rangers, and disgruntled Mets (fucking chokers) fan. Gave up on the NBA a long time ago but was a Knick fan through college.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Those are all my favorite teams. Seriously. I was born, raised, went to college, and now starting a job all in GA/Metro ATL area; so I favorite the home teams. I can't tell you if they would change if I moved... perhaps if I was going to be a permanent resident in a new state.[/quote]

Same here. Form me, if I moved from ATL to another city I would probably switch teams (I would follow ATL franchises, but I am not going to a game in my city of residence and pull for another team. It's just a personal thing).

I think it stems from my perception that each sports franchise is just a business- It doesn't (nor does it's players) have any real connection to me.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Same here. Form me, if I moved from ATL to another city I would probably switch teams (I would follow ATL franchises, but I am not going to a game in my city of residence and pull for another team. It's just a personal thing).

I think it stems from my perception that each sports franchise is just a business- It doesn't (nor does it's players) have any real connection to me.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but I've been a huge sports fan my entire life, so it's more than a business to me. Like I said previously, some of my favorite teams are in cities I've never lived even remotely close to my entire life, so my moving wouldn't have anything to do with it. I could see a casual sports fan jump ship with every city he/she moved to, but if you're truly a die-hard fan of a team, it shouldn't matter where you live.

A lot of it, too, depends on which players or coaches a team has. For instance, I've always hated the Jets, but when they got Favre, I found myself rooting for them more often than not. I'm not saying that the Jets are one of my favorite teams now, but I like them way more than ever before, so it's not just about where I live. I think most people feel that way. I mean, how many people would instantly become Lions' fans if they moved to Detroit??

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']
A lot of it, too, depends on which players or coaches a team has. For instance, I've always hated the Jets, but when they got Favre, I found myself rooting for them more often than not. I'm not saying that the Jets are one of my favorite teams now, but I like them way more than ever before, so it's not just about where I live. I think most people feel that way. I mean, how many people would instantly become Lions' fans if they moved to Detroit??[/quote]

Now that I can understand.
I actually like rooting against certain teams because of some players as well.
On some weird level, I want Vick to try and make a NFL comeback so I can go root against him.

Well, everybody. No more Knowshon and no more Stafford. This UGA grad is very, very sad today.

I'm sure the Tech fans are pleased, but let's take a moment of silence for the death of the 2009 UGA Football season...

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Well, everybody. No more Knowshon and no more Stafford. This UGA grad is very, very sad today.

I'm sure the Tech fans are pleased, but let's take a moment of silence for the death of the 2009 UGA Football season...[/quote]

One more reason I hate the NFL.

Sucks that Stafford and Moreno are leaving. It makes sense for Moreno to go ASAP, as running backs really risk ruining their careers with an injury in their senior year, and he's the number 1 running back in the draft for Pete's sake. But Stafford could have really benefited from another year of college ball. He's got a cannon of an arm, but his decision making is not where it needs to be to enter the NFL. Hope he likes Detroit.

But don't get too depressed, fellow Georgia fans. We've already got one of the best recruiting classes ever, and the exit of Stafford and Moreno frees up two HUGE scholarships while making UGA that much more attractive to all the high school stars who haven't committed since the QB and running back slots are fair game. More importantly, our defense will be worlds better next year than it was this year.

Let's just hope Tebow goes as well.

dude Tybee have you been out of the game for a minute. I can't recall seeing you post in a while .. or maybe it's me. I just returned to the great white north so I'm days behind in all my sites.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sidney Marcus Target has one PS3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle left at 24.98. It was a new drop and correctly tagged. No new tags on the PS2 bundle still at 50% off. Didn't have time to scan it.[/quote]I bought one of those bundles (the GHIII one) and ended up returning it because I really don't have spare money right now but the thing never left my car. So when I'm returning it to Target the lady asks me if it was opened and I say no. When I bought it one of the circle stickers on the side was faded off but aside from that and the clearance sticker it was pristine. I don't know what sort of training they do at Target but she decides that since that one sticker is half off she's going to open it to make sure. (fair enough) but after strenuously pulling at the inner box and finding it stuck she realizes the other side still has the circle sticker holding it closed. Then in what to my eyes was incredulous she proceeds to try to open the sticker on the other end and when this proves to be difficult rips the outer box darn near in half to open the bundle. To an extent I don't care after all I was returning it but man. It was just so extreme. Noone would ever buy that bundle now. It looks like someone's 4 year old decided that GH is lame after seeing the guitar didn't have real strings or something. I don't see why a simple dull knife, scissors or heck a set of keys wouldn't have saved the package. Oh well. I guess there's no real moral to the story but it's a lot more on topic than all this football-speak *hint* *hint* (j/k)

[quote name='ZharTheMad']If that bundle is still there will someone please pick it up for me (i'll even tip for your trouble)? I'm currently in Orlando (and I'll be back on the 8th) and the two Targets down here that I've found to have the PS3 version still in stock are priced at only 30% off... 69.98 ---- Please let me know. Thanks!![/QUOTE]

It was not there tonight, sorry. Just about a half-dozen 360 bundles for $54, and a couple of PS2 double-guitar bundles for $70.

That's what I like about this thread. It doesn't have to "stay on topic" as far as games are concerned. The discussion can go anywhere and everywhere. In fact, I think that's when this thread is the most boring, when the only thing being discussed is (are?) game deals.

[quote name='neocisco']That's what I like about this thread. It doesn't have to "stay on topic" as far as games are concerned. The discussion can go anywhere and everywhere. In fact, I think that's when this thread is the most boring, when the only thing being discussed is game deals.[/QUOTE]

*marks topic for off-topic posting*

OK Neo, here's a kind of dumb but interesting question to all of you. What kinds of cologne(s), if any, do you use? Polo and Fahrenheit are my norms and work well for me (Fahrenheit especially lately) but I just bought some L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake as a girl recommended it and got a lot of compliments on it today.

Down here at the Edgewood Kroger, they have the $6 HD-DVD bin that's being discussed in the DVD forums. A nice selection of HD/SD dual-format discs, and some SD titles, too, all for $6... a couple of TV sets, too. I didn't see the one I wanted, though-- BOOMTOWN. If anyone sees that at a Kroger, please let me know, or grab it for me if you're willing.

Nothing but Acua di Gio aftershave patted onto my face and neck for a few years here. It's verra nice.

[quote name='mitch079']OK Neo, here's a kind of dumb but interesting question to all of you. What kinds of cologne(s), if any, do you use? Polo and Fahrenheit are my norms and work well for me (Fahrenheit especially lately) but I just bought some L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake as a girl recommended it and got a lot of compliments on it today.[/quote]

No cologne for a long time now, just the occasional body spray.

[quote name='El Gray']Down here at the Edgewood Kroger, they have the $6 HD-DVD bin that's being discussed in the DVD forums. A nice selection of HD/SD dual-format discs, and some SD titles, too, all for $6... a couple of TV sets, too. I didn't see the one I wanted, though-- BOOMTOWN. If anyone sees that at a Kroger, please let me know, or grab it for me if you're willing.[/quote]

I didnt even know this was released on HD. I have the DVD set but since I don't have an HD player if I see it I'll definitely grab one for you, El Gray. I tried getting an HD player at Sears but no go. Kennesaw had one last month but it was gone by the time I found out about the recent deal.

[quote name='animemaniac14']thanks for the post! was heading down there tomorrow so ill see what i can find :)[/QUOTE] Cool, post what restrictions they have on it.

[quote name='neocisco']I didnt even know this was released on HD. I have the DVD set but since I don't have an HD player if I see it I'll definitely grab one for you, El Gray. I tried getting an HD player at Sears but no go. Kennesaw had one last month but it was gone by the time I found out about the recent deal.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, I don't think BOOMTOWN is on HD... just standard DVD. They had a set of Providence, for example, and it was SD. I would appreciate the eyes out there for a copy, though. Thanks!

I checked a couple more Krogers in the Decatur area last night, and had no more luck finding the HD bin.

[quote name='Wolfkin']dude Tybee have you been out of the game for a minute. I can't recall seeing you post in a while .. or maybe it's me. I just returned to the great white north so I'm days behind in all my sites.[/quote]

I guess it's been a little while since I posted, but not that long. I'm not someone who hits the stores very often, so I'm not finding a lot of deals to post, nor am I really looking for anything specific. So that prevents from posting very often. But I'm always lurking. ;)

[quote name='neocisco']That's what I like about this thread. It doesn't have to "stay on topic" as far as games are concerned. The discussion can go anywhere and everywhere. In fact, I think that's when this thread is the most boring, when the only thing being discussed is (are?) game deals.[/quote]

Agreed. I do appreciate the posting of deals and inventories as a service, and try to reciprocate when I can, but it's generally the OT (but Atlanta-related) discussions that I enjoy and participate in most.

[quote name='neocisco']Smoltz is gone!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Pretty surprising.....until I remember that the Braves don't have any desire to field a winning team.

You do have to wonder just how much he has left. It's one thing to think you can go another season, but it's another for a guy who had all of those surgeries on his 41 year old shoulder last year to actually be able to do it. Chipper's reaction, while understandable and based on his friendship with Smoltz, is why he's a ballplayer and not running the team. There is no loyalty on either end here. If the Braves didn't feel that Smoltz was capable of pitching, I would think they would have done whatever they could to re-sign him. Did Boston overpay? Is he worth $5 million + incentives? I think they did. And Smoltz took the guaranteed money. The Braves did what they thought was best and Smoltz did what he thought was best.

At this point in his career if money is more important than finishing with your team than he's probably done a piss-poor job managing his finances. Really, how much money do you HAVE to have?

[quote name='neocisco']At this point in his career if money is more important than finishing with your team than he's probably done a piss-poor job managing his finances. Really, how much money do you HAVE to have?[/quote]

[quote name='neocisco']Smoltz is gone!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

You're telling me. I have a signed, framed jersey of his hanging in my office.

You'd think he would have learned something from Glavine's experience. Or maybe that's his plan. Leave the team for some nice coin, pitch a couple mediocre seasons up north, then come crawling back to wrap up his career.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Pretty surprising.....until I remember that the Braves don't have any desire to field a winning team.[/quote]

Supposedly, Ted Turner is trying to raise the money to buy back the team. I have to say, I really hope he can pull it off.

[quote name='neocisco']At this point in his career if money is more important than finishing with your team than he's probably done a piss-poor job managing his finances. Really, how much money do you HAVE to have?[/QUOTE]

Smoltzie needs to come on here and stop paying full price for his games and guides. Then, he wouldn't have to go to Beantown to chase after more money.

Smoltz definitely consulted with Glavine on this one. And Glavine kind of *had* to take the deal. I mean, he was the head player rep of the Player's Union. You can't not take the money in a position like that.
Gotta remember its a business. And Boston is a lot closer to the title than Atlanta is.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may!

disclaimer -- I'm a Mets fan!

from ajc.com

The Red Sox are expected to introduce Smoltz at a news conference in Boston on Monday or Tuesday. They will pay him $5.5 million, with what are believed to be readily attainable incentives that could push the total to $10 million.

The Braves’ offer had a $2.5 million guarantee, rising to $5 million if he was on the major league roster 60 days. There were additional incentives that could have pushed the total as high as $12 million, but Smoltz would have had to total at least 200 innings and pitch very well to maximize the contract.

“John is a great guy,” McGuirk said. “He follows his own head, and I just don’t know what’s going on with him right now. We’ve offered less of a guarantee, but we’ve offered a substantial guarantee. Coming off an injury like this, we feel like it’s the right thing that we should be doing [in regards to the incentive-laden offer].

“We’ve offered him a package that would get him in the $10 million range, if he were to pitch a full season and pitch well. For him to walk away from that and to go to another place, I’m just shocked and surprised.

“I read today in something that his agent said the other set of incentives [from the Red Sox] were ‘more attainable.’ If John Smoltz pitches like John Smoltz pitches, I think [the Braves’ incentives package] is attainable. If he’s not healthy, it’s not going to happen.”

He can say what he wants about his shoulder but if he thought he could pitch 200 innings this year, why would he leave?

FYI @ Microcenter:
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) $19 (all current console platforms, $9 PS2)
http://f.microcentermail.com//asbs/...K=W8Gs&BrCs=498&BrCg=16183631&BrRc=1100732556

guitar_hero.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offers end 01/11/09 unless otherwise noted.[/FONT]

Brandsmart showing some playstation love:
PS3 Resistance 2 28.88!!!
PS3 Saints Row 2 38.88
PS3 Rock Band 2 38.88
PS2 Guitar Hero 3 18.88

Resistance 1 is still collecting dust on my shelf otherwise I'd pick up R2.

Just back from the Duluth MC where I picked up the PS2 GHWT - I was tempted to pick it up for the :360: but I'm still too cheap to buy all new gear :D. They had 3 ps2 versions and 4 of the :360: variety. I didn't see any for the Wii or PS3 on the shelf - didnt see anybody back there (as usual) to ask if they had any in stock.

I also stopped by the Sears in GP and saw nothing of note. Only thing dirt cheap was 2 copies of Bionicles: Heroes for $4.97. Looking forward to picking up Ninja Gaiden II for $5 (with a $5 off rewards coupon) at BB on Sunday :D

[quote name='neocisco']That's what I like about this thread. It doesn't have to "stay on topic" as far as games are concerned. The discussion can go anywhere and everywhere. In fact, I think that's when this thread is the most boring, when the only thing being discussed is (are?) game deals.[/quote]dude you're telling me. the whole of Canada has one thread and it's pretty dead over there. Not that I plan on buying many games while I'm here but if the deals were low enough I could be convinced to buy anything.
[quote name='jdawgg76']Brandsmart showing some playstation love:
PS3 Resistance 2 28.88!!!
PS3 Saints Row 2 38.88
PS3 Rock Band 2 38.88
PS2 Guitar Hero 3 18.88

Resistance 1 is still collecting dust on my shelf otherwise I'd pick up R2.[/quote]dude that reminds me I need to get Resistance one. Sounds like a pretty decent shooter and I want a simple shooter. Is that at $20 yet

Congratulations Tim Tebow on your 2nd national title (and on finding a new and unique space in which to proselytize).

Please leave now.

bread's done
Back