Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='chuckie88']If I'm not mistaken a few ATL CAGs mentioned Ghost Squad a while back for the Wii.
Is this game any good? I seem to remember hearing that it was painfully short.
I bring it up as I noticed my local Kroger (Vinings ATL RD) carrying it w/ Wii zapper.
They had 10-12 for $14.99 with your Kroger card near the ent./exit, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

The Zapper itself usually sells for $15 - $20 and I assume still comes with Link's Crossbow Training. So a free game on top of it makes it a better deal. As for the actual game, I have it but haven't played it yet.

[quote name='mitch079']The Zapper itself usually sells for $15 - $20 and I assume still comes with Link's Crossbow Training. So a free game on top of it makes it a better deal. As for the actual game, I have it but haven't played it yet.[/quote]
[quote name='CocheseUGA']Ghost Squad sells for $27 used, so...[/quote]
No Crossbow training included but being as the Kroger in question is literally 3-4 min. away and open 24/7 I went back to buy it tonight. I found that there were two options; the Ghost Squad / Zapper set and a Ford Racing Off Road / Racing Wheel set. For some reason the box calls them Wii Power Play Sports Packs even though neither is a sports title. I also can't find a company name on the box anywhere. They were both 50% off at $14.99 and there's a half dozen or so left of each after I left with one of each. I'm sure the Ford game will be junk but it gives me a Wii wheel and it's new enough that it might have some small TIV.

[quote name='chuckie88']If I'm not mistaken a few ATL CAGs mentioned Ghost Squad a while back for the Wii.
I bring it up as I noticed my local Kroger (Vinings ATL RD) carrying it w/ Wii zapper.
They had 10-12 for $14.99 with your Kroger card near the ent./exit, is it worth it?[/quote]

It is painfully short, but it's still a decent shooter if you enjoy the genre. Think of it this way: if it were a DLC title, would you pay $15 for it?

Or flip it for profit... even Goozex it for more than you paid for it.

Anyone found any of those gaming ottomans at Target on clearance? $40 is too much, but some people have spotted them for $15 and that would be a sweet deal for a storage place for games/controllers and a place to put my feet up.

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone found any of those gaming ottomans at Target on clearance? $40 is too much, but some people have spotted them for $15 and that would be a sweet deal for a storage place for games/controllers and a place to put my feet up.[/QUOTE]

No dice at either Kennesaw or Woodstock.

Target @ Stonecrest had Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold for 9.99 and Spaceseige for $12.99 it was on a back aisle endcap to the left of electronics

[quote name='Felder71']Thanks for the update, Cochese.[/QUOTE]

If anyone sees any at another North/Northwest Target, I'd love to have one.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If anyone sees any at another North/Northwest Target, I'd love to have one.[/QUOTE]

I'll be checking Alpharetta area ones in the next few days...I'm optimistic since the site says they are in stock but I guess we'll see the price.

Oh yeah:

Towne Lake Kroger has the following HD DVDs as of this morning:
Eastern Promises - at least 5
Half Baked - 1
Waist Deep - at least 3
The Kingdom - 2-3
Breach - at least 5
Army of Darkness - 1
Land of the Dead - 3-4

A few more, too.

They had 10-12 for $14.99 with your Kroger card near the ent./exit, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I spotted these a couple of weeks ago at the Toco Hills Kroger, but they were $20 at the time. To clarify, it's not the actual Zapper, but a knockoff gun shell (pistol grip, if I remember right?) Ghost Squad is short, but it's a ton of fun, and has a good bit of replay value, if you enjoy gun games. I'd call the bundle worth $15.

[quote name='El Gray']I spotted these a couple of weeks ago at the Toco Hills Kroger, but they were $20 at the time. To clarify, it's not the actual Zapper, but a knockoff gun shell (pistol grip, if I remember right?) Ghost Squad is short, but it's a ton of fun, and has a good bit of replay value, if you enjoy gun games. I'd call the bundle worth $15.[/quote]
Yeah I played through it tonight, it is short but still pretty cool. I still have no idea what company put this out or who made the knockoff gun. It's more of a psuedo-zapper then pistol. It can be used one hand like a pistol but there is also a back part that connects with a ball and socket joint making it more like the two hand "submachine gun" style. The back part is where you place the nunchuck. Like in the zapper, this allows for the c-stick and nunchuck triggers to be used by the second hand. It also has a spot for 2 AAA's giving the shell laser pointer and vibration functions. These functions can be turned on or off in unison or by themselves. (I did better sans laser pointer though). Being as I've never used the real Zapper I feel as though I can't really compare them but I'm glad for the two hand setup and I like the ball and socket connection as it allows for the back part to move into whatever position you want instead of being in a rigid line behind the front. All in all after playing through the game with it, I agree that the bundle is worth $15.

EDIT: I find it funny that mcuh of the recent ATL CAG finds are at Kroger!:lol:

just got an e-mail from Microcenter for a survey. Judging from the questions I think they're doing a feasibility study on whether they can open up a new store closer to the inside. They wanted to know where I drive where i shop and if I'd like a store in Buckhead. wouldn't that be sweet.

[quote name='Wolfkin']just got an e-mail from Microcenter for a survey. Judging from the questions I think they're doing a feasibility study on whether they can open up a new store closer to the inside. They wanted to know where I drive where i shop and if I'd like a store in Buckhead. wouldn't that be sweet.[/quote]

Decatur would be sweeter, but I work relatively near the one in Marietta, so I'll defer.

I'd love a MicroCenter in the Alpharetta/Roswell area...getting over to Gwinnett is a major pain unless it's an off time. Though to be fair, I never had a problem making it over to Fry's in that area. I guess I'm spoiled now that everything good is in my immediate area.

Gaming ottomans at NorthPoint Target are still $40 and they only had 2 red that were "new" (i.e. - there were 2 others that had been messed with). Riverwood is still the best opportunity for the eventual clearance.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Looks like we'll have opposite commutes, Tybee.[/quote]

We'll have to meet up at Brick Store for a drink one of these days, though I'd probably need to come home early and you'd need to stay late. ;)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Well, I have my interview with HR tomorrow. I assume it's purely perfunctory. I'll be working at DeKalb Medical.[/quote]
Congrats!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Well, I have my interview with HR tomorrow. I assume it's purely perfunctory. I'll be working at DeKalb Medical.
smile.gif

[/quote]
Nice one buddy

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I saw three GH:A bundles for 360 $24.98 and Jericho 360 $12.xx at Marietta's Shallowford Rd.Target[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo!!!!!!

That's my super secret clearance Target!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Nooooooo!!!!!!

That's my super secret clearance Target![/quote]

LOL, so you are the one snagging all my goodies!
It's been dead lately though, the guy in the electronics Dept. said they are sending them about 1/2 the games they used to get.

[quote name='El Gray']That store can be good, but I only hit it when I go to the Picture Show for a dollar movie. :D[/QUOTE]

Fill me in on $1 movies please?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Well, I have my interview with HR tomorrow. I assume it's purely perfunctory. I'll be working at DeKalb Medical.[/quote]
:applause:Kudos on the interview/job!:applause:

Found a new HDDVD bin at the Kroger on 5 Forks Trickum and Oak Road in Snellville/Lilburn. Not a lot, Hot Fuzz, Waist Deep, Dazed & Confused, Eastern Promises were some titles.

[quote name='mitch079']Fill me in on $1 movies please?[/QUOTE]

There's a second run movie theatre in Marietta that show's movies on Tuesdays for $.75. Used to be $.25. Damn economy. Of course, normal prices are only $2 or so. Not a bad little place and the concessions are even cheaper than a normal theatre. At least they used to be...haven't been in a while thanks to baby and new home theatre + Netflix.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=8651530347568567519

[quote name='Felder71']There's a second run movie theatre in Marietta that show's movies on Tuesdays for $.75. Used to be $.25. Damn economy. Of course, normal prices are only $2 or so. Not a bad little place and the concessions are even cheaper than a normal theatre. At least they used to be...haven't been in a while thanks to baby and new home theatre + Netflix.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=8651530347568567519[/QUOTE]

Oh. That place. I used to go there when they were showing current movies and it smelled like crap. I can't even imagine what it's like now.

I got the job! I'm getting paaaaaaaiiiiiiiiid, too. I'm so psyched.

i used to work there! back in 2004 i think? we had stuff like man on fire, riddick, troy.. so whenever that was. they cleaned up the place kinda nice from what it used to be.. the like seven theaters it used to be... im impressed its lasted that long, but it would get fairly busy when i worked there. good times... i guess.

Yeah, they still do a brisk business, especially on Tuesday nights. It's a good deal if you're nearby and there's something you didn't want to pay $10 for.

Congrats, Cochese!

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, they still do a brisk business, especially on Tuesday nights. It's a good deal if you're nearby and there's something you didn't want to pay $10 for.[/quote]

For $10, that's just about everything.

Going to be going gamestop jumping soon to see if I can't dig up a copy of Ar Tonelico 1 - never got around to picking it up. Anyone want me to keep my eyes open for anything else while I do so?

~Jaide

[quote name='jaideam']Going to be going gamestop jumping soon to see if I can't dig up a copy of Ar Tonelico 1 - never got around to picking it up. Anyone want me to keep my eyes open for anything else while I do so?

~Jaide[/quote]

Snag me a pennied Gears of War 2 LE hardcover guide. FTW!

If any of you Decaturites have any reservations about shopping at the Edgewood Gamestop, don't. I had a ridiculous spate of 360 problems last weekend, and they were awesome about everything. I ended up getting free component cables out of the deal. I've avoided the place in the past because of prior experiences with the wonderful Gamestops in Woodstock.

[quote name='El Gray']Nah, those are some good kids in Edgewood.[/quote]

The dude with the beard and the chick with the glasses are real nice.

It just sucks parking there. Also, a homeless guy snatched a drink out of my hand there once.

[quote name='Enron']Also, a homeless guy snatched a drink out of my hand there once.[/QUOTE]

WTF! did you verbally beat the crap out of him for doing so?

[quote name='Enron']The dude with the beard and the chick with the glasses are real nice.

It just sucks parking there. Also, a homeless guy snatched a drink out of my hand there once.[/quote]

Yeah, beard-guy was the one who helped me during my three visits to Gamestop last weekend. I wish there was a better way to leave feedback than tellgamestop.com

[quote name='Enron']The dude with the beard and the chick with the glasses are real nice.

It just sucks parking there.[/QUOTE]

The bespectacled chick is super eager to help, and her extreme nerdiness amuses me in a cute way.

As for parking, pull into the Northern "street" (the one Gamestop faces), and make your first right into the garage across the street from GS. Head to the left as you enter-- I have never failed to find a spot there when I drive to Edgewood. Never. You should be able to park within limping distance of GS.

bread's done
Back