Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I just checked with the Crabapple store again, and I was told that it is the only store open in a 30 mile radius, it sounds to me that it is the only store open north of the perimeter...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I just checked with the Crabapple store again, and I was told that it is the only store open in a 30 mile radius, it sounds to me that it is the only store open north of the perimeter...[/QUOTE]

The one at Windward/McGinnis is still open-- I went there today. They are liquidating, though.

$7 for all used BDs, 30% off used games, 20% off new BDs. Good selection of all remaining.

[quote name='El Gray']The one at Windward/McGinnis is still open-- I went there today. They are liquidating, though.

$7 for all used BDs, 30% off used games, 20% off new BDs. Good selection of all remaining.[/QUOTE]
That is the same deal our Blockbuster in Douglasville, Georgia is doing if anyone is interested. I'd call first because it seems like the sales are different depending on who is there. We went the NEXT day (on a thursday) after being there Wednesday and the prices were not as cheap...made no sense

[quote name='El Gray']The one at Windward/McGinnis is still open-- I went there today. They are liquidating, though.

$7 for all used BDs, 30% off used games, 20% off new BDs. Good selection of all remaining.[/QUOTE]

I know all the stores are still open, it will take at least a month for any of these locations to close permanently.

What I ment to say is that the Crabapple location is going to remain open, they still operating normally (for now), the next store remaining open is 30 miles away.

Blockbuster on Ponce is closing. Blu-Rays and DVDs (used) are 8.99.

New Blu-Rays are 20% off. Not sure about DVDs, but I think it's the same.

Still a good selection. Picked up a couple of used blu rays.

If anyone is interested, I've got an extra ticket to see Tool that I'm trying to get rid of. The ticket is in section 108, row S, seat 15 (side of the stage), and I was hoping to get about face value for it.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Thanks for the update on the Ponce BBuster. I might have to hit Chipotle and swing by there sometime this weekend.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I should have mentioned that while they do have games, it didn't strike me as a good selection or good prices.

Sears at this location: 4269 Roswell Rd Marietta, GA 30062
(678) 403-4600: has games on liquidation clearance for 40% off. Not terrific prices and certain items are still full price, such as PSN cards and Xbox Points. However, I do think they have some games people will want around $10-15 after discount. Go check it out. :D

[quote name='randomdud']Sears at this location: 4269 Roswell Rd Marietta, GA 30062
(678) 403-4600: has games on liquidation clearance for 40% off. Not terrific prices and certain items are still full price, such as PSN cards and Xbox Points. However, I do think they have some games people will want around $10-15 after discount. Go check it out. :D[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the one that's going to be converted BACK to a K-Mart? :roll:

[quote name='grundy']Isn't that the one that's going to be converted BACK to a K-Mart? :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it is, which is awesome with all the new gaming deals K-mart is putting out now. :D

[quote name='randomdud']Yeah, it is, which is awesome with all the new gaming deals K-mart is putting out now. :D[/QUOTE]

I think you missed how Kmart pulled the plug on that. Or you're being sarcastic.

[quote name='mitch079']I think you missed how Kmart pulled the plug on that. Or you're being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]
Wait, seriously? Kmart canceled the epicness!? Man, I really need to check on here more often. D:

Yeah, find the locked k-mart gamer thread. Seems corporate put an end to what Josh was doing, his deals are done, and K-Mart is back to sucking.

On the positive side, maybe KMart clearance will pick back up. As soon as a manager with gaming knowledge took over I knew $2 to $5 games were over.

I just got a $40 PS2 slim at the GameStop on Mansell in Roswell. There's at least one left. These are the SEALED ones that were recently converted to "used" product. Jump on it if you're so inclined!

The Riverwood Target (State Bridge and Medlock Bridge) has some MW3 Xbox 360 wireless controllers on clearance for $30. These are the special edition style ones, with the twisting D-pad. The cheapest you can typically get those are $50 normally (albeit they come with a rechargable battery pack) and even the normal wireless controllers are typically $36 at Amazon. Can't beat this price, as long as you don't mind the MW3 skinning. I bought 1 and there are 2 left.

So it looks like the Ponce Blockbuster is holding firm at $7.99 for all their used BDs in cases. Ridiculously, that is also the price for used _DVDs_ in cases. STOP PLAYIN', BLOCKBUSTER.

BUT! There is an interesting deal. They've gotten in a large number of DVDs and BDs from Blockbuster Online in the little white sleeves. These are $3.99 (eh), but you can get FIVE for $7.50! Pretty nice deal, as there are some good titles to be had on BD, if you don't mind the lack of case.

I got:
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
CRANK 2
SHERLOCK HOLMES
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
TAKEN
GI JOE
THE TOWN

plus DVDs of MACGRUBER, FUNNY PEOPLE, and TRANSFORMERS 2 to round out my batch of 10.

Other things they have among the disc-only BDs: SALT, INVICTUS, THE WOLFMAN, SEX AND THE CITY (both movies, I think?) ... I'll add more later if I remember them.

[quote name='El Gray']So it looks like the Ponce Blockbuster is holding firm at $7.99 for all their used BDs in cases. Ridiculously, that is also the price for used _DVDs_ in cases. STOP PLAYIN', BLOCKBUSTER.

BUT! There is an interesting deal. They've gotten in a large number of DVDs and BDs from Blockbuster Online in the little white sleeves. These are $3.99 (eh), but you can get FIVE for $7.50! Pretty nice deal, as there are some good titles to be had on BD, if you don't mind the lack of case.

I got:
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
CRANK 2
SHERLOCK HOLMES
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
TAKEN
GI JOE
THE TOWN

plus DVDs of MACGRUBER, FUNNY PEOPLE, and TRANSFORMERS 2 to round out my batch of 10.

Other things they have among the disc-only BDs: SALT, INVICTUS, THE WOLFMAN, SEX AND THE CITY (both movies, I think?) ... I'll add more later if I remember them.[/QUOTE]

I was just there today, but didn't have the time to go through the white envelopes. I'll probably swing by again tomorrow. The guy there said that they will be closing on March 18. I have to think the prices will go down further the closer they get to that date. They dropped them from $8.99 to $7.99 since I went there a couple of weeks ago and they still hadn't moved much of the merchandise.

The disc-only BDs are confined to the shorter rack on a table out in the center of the floor, right in front of the registers. They are on the side facing the back wall, on the right end of the table.

[quote name='El Gray']I just got a $40 PS2 slim at the GameStop on Mansell in Roswell. There's at least one left. These are the SEALED ones that were recently converted to "used" product. Jump on it if you're so inclined![/QUOTE]

Does that mean that all the stores should have them at this price? Assuming of course that they have them in stock.

[quote name='whisper22']Does that mean that all the stores should have them at this price? Assuming of course that they have them in stock.[/QUOTE]Yes, scored one at the Snellville store last weekend. You have to ask for a new ps2, if they're knowledgeable they will explain it's still sealed but will sold as used. I got mine at the one across from Office Depot. Dunno if Presidential Commons has it or not.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yes, scored one at the Snellville store last weekend. You have to ask for a new ps2, if they're knowledgeable they will explain it's still sealed but will sold as used. I got mine at the one across from Office Depot. Dunno if Presidential Commons has it or not.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'll be checking it out this afternoon. Thanks.

No luck :( either the dude was just a dick or they really don't have any sealed ones. I asked if the other store had any and he just said no. I didn't recognize him, he def wasn't one of the couple of cool people that work there that I've dealt with before. I've got a friend that works at GS so I'm gonna check with him but if anyone finds one and can grab it for me that'd be awesome.

Called and the girl said she's been there a year and has never seen a new ps2. Bullshit. Haven't heard back from my friend so not sure that's gonna help me any.

Just picked up Trigun the ENTIRE series on DVD for only $9.99 at FYE in Douglasville, Georgia! I have pics too I will post soon :) Not sure if it is YMMV or what, but I was looking for Tron on Blu-Ray in the 2pack and ran across this tonight. I took it to the register to make sure I was not seeing things and they rang it up and told me it really is $9.99...okay I will take it!

Edit: Adding pic. Also I am not sure how many they have/had but I noticed a lot of other cheap anime DVDs. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to skim through it because of a dinner date, but I couldn't pass on this one >.<

2012-02-03_21-47-49_808.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ellahjay88']Just picked up Trigun the ENTIRE series on DVD for only $9.99 at FYE in Douglasville, Georgia! I have pics too I will post soon :)

Edit: Adding pic

[/QUOTE]

Very Nice.

Target is supposed to have DR2: Off the Record and Halo Anniversary (both for 360) on clearance. If anyone sees them, let me know.

You guys that got the sealed PS2s, what did you say when you went in?

I asked for a new PS2. The guy who helped me, Jared, knew exactly what I meant. They were out on the floor, right in front of the register, along with a few actual used ones.

I asked at the Edgewood store last week, and they seemed ignorant of the new system conversion. They only had used ones.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Just picked up Trigun the ENTIRE series on DVD for only $9.99 at FYE in Douglasville, Georgia! I have pics too I will post soon :) Not sure if it is YMMV or what, but I was looking for Tron on Blu-Ray in the 2pack and ran across this tonight. I took it to the register to make sure I was not seeing things and they rang it up and told me it really is $9.99...okay I will take it!

Edit: Adding pic. Also I am not sure how many they have/had but I noticed a lot of other cheap anime DVDs. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to skim through it because of a dinner date, but I couldn't pass on this one >.<

[/QUOTE]

Anyone able to confirm this at any other fye stores?

Stopped at the store at Presidential Commons and was told that they have to "convert" the new PS2s by playing them or "whatever it takes" to make them used. It would be fine if I was getting the same story from everyone but this is just a bunch of crap.

Went back to Ponce BB on Monday. New Blu Rays are 30% off. Used blu rays and dvds are 6.99. Used TV dvds are 12.99. Forget what the dvds in the envelopes are going for now. Slim pickings on games.

Went with a friend so we could get her a copy of the Trigun series at FYE but the sale is over :( back to regular price.

I haven't seen any other great deals. I checked out our Blockbuster and KMart sales in Douglasville, but found nothing worth mentioning or even buying.

heads up atl cag - just picked up ps3 resistance doomsday move bundle for 44 dollars at n druid hills target. this includes r3, ps move camera/cintrollers, and the sony sharpshooter. Incredible steal. There are no more left at this location but its worth hitting your nearest targets for.

Next week is the last week for the Blockbuster near Winward Parkway. Saw some guy hoarding a bunch of Duke Nukems to resell (haha good luck with that).

Ha! I think every version of Duke Nukem has hit $5 new at some point by now.

Awesome news on the Resistance bundle. That would be a mighty fine score, indeed. There were none at Edgewood tonight.

I passed the Stockbridge Blockbuster yesterday and saw they were closing as well....are any of them staying open? It was after hours so i'm not sure of the prices and such might go check tomorrow.

[quote name='El Gray']Ha! I think every version of Duke Nukem has hit $5 new at some point by now.

Awesome news on the Resistance bundle. That would be a mighty fine score, indeed. There were none at Edgewood tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant to post that yesterday afternoon and could have saved you some time. I went straight to the Edgewood one after N Druid Hills to check, lol.

6872287675_bc50e54e04.jpg

6872293743_b5b056dcd1.jpg

No sweat-- it wasn't out of the way for me.

I checked Sidney Marcus and ATL Station today. No luck at either, but I was pleased to find the most recent ACE COMBAT for PS3 for about $12. I bought the only copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='El Gray']No sweat-- it wasn't out of the way for me.

I checked Sidney Marcus and ATL Station today. No luck at either, but I was pleased to find the most recent ACE COMBAT for PS3 for about $12. I bought the only copy.[/QUOTE]

ARGGHHH. That's what I was doing at Target in the first place yesterday - looking for AC:AH in case it was clearanced already. Damnnit!

The Dvd's at Stockbridge BB are at 7.99, the Blus are 9.99 and the games are only 30% off, not much to talk about for the games but lots of DVDs and Blus left. and lots of the dvds in the sleeves.

bread's done
Back