Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Gonna try and check Perimeter and Buckhead Targets today for Resistance bundle... unless anyone can tell me they've already done so?

Blockbuster Update: The locations at 5 Forks and Dogwood off Ronald Reagan and the one on 124 and Centerville Rosebud are on the same path. They both were closing on the 19th although I was told at the one off Ronald Reagan the date got pushed back a week to the 26th, didn't ask again at the other. Both had a bigger than normal drop on Monday going from 3.99 to 1.99 for used BRs/DVDs, tv sets dropped from 9.99 to 4.99, used games are 50% off, new games are 40% off, new DVDs/BRs are 50% off, DVDs in sleeves are still 5 for 7.50, 10 for 15 etc. The RR location has mostly TV DVDs (I've made sets of Scrubs S2 & 4, Sopranos S1, The Wire S3 & 5, My Name is Earl S2, Monk S4 and Fringe S1) and a bunch of movie DVDs while the Centerville store has no tv in sleeves, but does have a bunch of movie DVDs and BRs. The RR store seems to have a little more stuff and while at the other store they talked about some lady buying $1200 worth of BRs a couple days ago! They had a bunch of new BRs last time I was there, now not so many. Took a good look around both stores so ask if you're looking for something.

Also, if anyone sees a new PS2 at a GS please let me know. A friend teaching in Japan is in need of a new one as his died.

Two MW3 controllers at $42 and a copy of Vampire Weekend's CONTRA for $3 at the Prado Target in SSprings, but nothing else of note.

Nothing interesting at the Perimeter SuperTarget.

Found a silver dualshock 3, 27.48 at cobb pkwy target. dpci 207 00 0297. Only one, which i purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ponce Blockbuster:
Cased DVDs/BDs now $5.
New DVDs/BDs and used games now 40% off.
Sleeved discs still 10 for $15 (not many BDs left).

They have done some nice organizing on the remaining stock. Pretty easy to find anything you might be looking for. Even the sleeved discs are now alphabetized and have a title card in between each batch of movies.

Also stopped by Ponce today. TV sets were 13 although there were a ton less than last time I was there. Like an inordinate amount less compared to how other stores have gone. They were rearranging while I was there, but didn't see the rest anywhere else.

The store off Ronald Reagan dropped new prices from 50% off to 70% off today. New/used games stayed at 50% and other prices held. Got Date Night and Inception for $6 each. Heard a lot of great about both so why not?

Store on Centerville/Rosebud and 124 had the same drops with the only notable difference being that movies in sleeves were now .99 each. No such sign at the RR store. FYI, despite the store closes at 9pm sign there is a handwritten sign stating the times that store (centerville/124 store) closes with some nights being 7 and others 8 so go early if you go. More games selection at centerville, but more used bluray at RR. New is about the same.

For the Ponce store, if it goes like the other two, the time to rack up will be not this monday when it should drop to 3.99 a movie, but the week after when it skips to 1.99 and 50% off games/new stuff. Alot was bought during that week at the other stores although selection was obviously better Monday and Tuesday.

Thanks for all the Ponce BB updates, fellas. So, JDawgg, are you saying that the time to go will be 2/27, when you predict blurays will be 1.99? Or did I miss a week and you're predicting 3/5 for that drop? I'm just curious because I'll be on vacation for a bit, and trying to weigh if I should go by before or after my trip. Though I must say the current 5 bucks doesn't sound that bad. Especially for flicks from Summer which seem to be defiantly staying 15 dollars new (I'm looking at you Thor, Cap America, Limitless, Source Code, etc).

If Ponce follows the same pattern, then they will drop to 3.99 2/27 followed by a drop to 1.99 on 3/5. To be honest I had forgotten about all of those movies and I would think I would have taken note of them, yet I don't remember seeing any of them on blu at any store, except maybe a new copy of limitless on blu. Has anyone seen those movies at a closing BBV? I think I have seen Source Code on DVD, but I've hardly looked at DVDs beyond tv sets. I know I was looking for Bridesmaids from the start, but never saw any from the start of closing. They could have shipped off the newer BRs instead of selling them.

The Ponce BB did drop to $4 for used discs in cases today, and new product is 50% off.

I made a list of the titles I'd like to snag for $2 next week if they're still there, and pulled the trigger on a new BD of KISS OF THE DRAGON for $5.

Andy, none of the movies you mentioned are there on used BD.

BTW, my nearby store closed yesterday. Games, used or new were still 50% off, but none were left. New DVD/BRs were still 70% off. Used BRs were still 1.99. TV Sets were still 4.99. I thought used DVDs were the same as used BRs, but I didn't buy any DVDs (only a couple BRs) and someone in the BBV thread said used DVDs dropped to .99 the last day. I know for sure about the rest though so if you're interested in something you should get it when they first drop to the prices/%ages indicated cause unless that store is different there aren't any better prices that will happen.

The toys r us in Morrow is closing to move down to mcdonough, everything is 40=60% off as of right now. There are no electronics left however, i went for figures myself and got a replica Neca Jason mask for 12 bucks and a Bioshock 2 Delta with little sister and bunny splicer mask for 15.

As of Monday, 3/5, the Ponce 'Buster's blurays were holding at 2.99 each. I was hoping for 2 bucks, but then went ahead and grabbed the 4 movies I wanted and figured it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to come back (next week?) to save another buck on each. Curiously, the 4 rang up to a grand total of $11.25 with tax.

Yeah, I bought a few, too, and mine were cheaper than I expected, as well! Not sure what the math was.

I bought 3 new BDs, too. Pretty good deals on a few of those now.

Stopped by, too. I guess they didn't follow the pricing pattern the two in Gwinnett did. Picked up a used dvd for 2.99, not cheaper and a few new blus I felt were cheap enough at 60% off. Got the new Rambo and Hellboy for 5.20 each, Night at the Museum 2 and Monsters v Aliens for 8 each. I was excited to see a used Red, but upon closer inspection I found it was movie only.

Anyone traded in to Microcenter recently, specifically the duluth store?

Yeah, I hit one every week or so, but there's not much to see.

Today I did get the last copy of BULLETSTORM: LIMITED EDITION for :pS3: for $9 at the Sandy Springs store. This brings me to the question: is BULLETSTORM worth $9?

Also, HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CONSOLE ICONS?

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, I hit one every week or so, but there's not much to see.

Today I did get the last copy of BULLETSTORM: LIMITED EDITION for :pS3: for $9 at the Sandy Springs store. This brings me to the question: is BULLETSTORM worth $9?

Also, HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CONSOLE ICONS?[/QUOTE]Everyone I talk to seems to like Bulletstorm decently well. As long as you like/can stand the over the top moments and juvenile humor attempts, the action seems to do well. I've only played a few online matches which were fun. If you have the latest Best Buy Gamer magazine, a coupon in it makes Bulletstorm $5. It also makes Rage $5, Mass Effect 2 $5 (can't find it anywhere though) and Batman AC $10 this week and has a $10 off coupon on used games 19.99 and up (take another 10% off if you are Unlocked). Not bad for a five buck magazine/15 buck subscription. I have the sub and it's totally paid for itself. Medal of Honor was $5 and AC: Revelations was attainable for $20 with the last mag's coupons.

Console icons? You mean this: :ps3::360:? Click the more under Smilies and you can click on it and it gives you what to type to get it.

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, I hit one every week or so, but there's not much to see.

Also, HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CONSOLE ICONS?[/QUOTE]

not when you can get it for 5 after coupon at best buy. Loved the game but grabbed it cheap. also the magazine has a coupon to get Batman for 10 , Rage and Mass Effect 2 for 5.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Everyone I talk to seems to like Bulletstorm decently well. As long as you like/can stand the over the top moments and juvenile humor attempts, the action seems to do well. I've only played a few online matches which were fun. If you have the latest Best Buy Gamer magazine, a coupon in it makes Bulletstorm $5. It also makes Rage $5
[/QUOTE]

Wait, sooo without that coupon, Rage is currently $10 at Best Buy?

While I agree that the humor in "Bulletstorm" is pretty asinine, the argument between your character and the female character about who's going to punch whom in the dick is pretty funny

[quote name='grundy']Wait, sooo without that coupon, Rage is currently $10 at Best Buy?

While I agree that the humor in "Bulletstorm" is pretty asinine, the argument between your character and the female character about who's going to punch whom in the dick is pretty funny[/QUOTE]

no the magazine has coupons for $15 off ME2, Rage, and Bulletstorm, the one for Batman is $20 off. The Magazine itself costs 5 bucks or the subscription for 15. Check it out on this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316177

[quote name='grundy']Wait, sooo without that coupon, Rage is currently $10 at Best Buy?

While I agree that the humor in "Bulletstorm" is pretty asinine, the argument between your character and the female character about who's going to punch whom in the dick is pretty funny[/QUOTE]Rage is currently 19.99 without coupon. Don't know if it's a sale or permanent, but it's not in the flyer.

Bulletstorm is on my short list of games to play as is Rage (picked those up for a friend with the coupons), but I keep getting sucked back in to "wasting time" playing Dirt 3, Gears 3, MW3 multiplayer instead of "being productive" and playing campaigns of all these other games I've gotten. Check out clown's link to the thread about it. Enuf runs a nice clean and easy to use thread.

Ponce BB dropped used discs to $2, and new discs are now 70% off.

Not much notable stuff left, but I bought 4 more used BDs that I'd been considering (THE INFORMANT!, PUNISHER WARZONE, TRANSPORTER 3, and BAD LIEUTENANT: POCNO).

[quote name='El Gray']Ponce BB dropped used discs to $2, and new discs are now 70% off.

Not much notable stuff left, but I bought 4 more used BDs that I'd been considering (THE INFORMANT!, PUNISHER WARZONE, TRANSPORTER 3, and BAD LIEUTENANT: POCNO).[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday as well and picked up some blu rays too: Bad Lieutenant, Be Kind Rewind, The Spirit, and Jonah Hex. For two bucks, you can't go wrong.

Darn it, now you guys are tempting me to swing back by the Ponce Blockbuster one more time. Are there still a bazillion copies of "Gamer?" I enjoyed the "Crank" flicks by those guys, but I passed on "Gamer" in the theater and have never seen it. Or "Ghost Rider 2" which I meant to catch but haven't yet.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Darn it, now you guys are tempting me to swing back by the Ponce Blockbuster one more time. Are there still a bazillion copies of "Gamer?" I enjoyed the "Crank" flicks by those guys, but I passed on "Gamer" in the theater and have never seen it. Or "Ghost Rider 2" which I meant to catch but haven't yet.[/QUOTE]

Yep , tons of copies of Gamer. Funny you say that, though. I just recently got into the work of Neveldine and Taylor because of the Crank series and bought Gamer (and Jonah Hex) because of those other movies.

[quote name='chrisd']Yep , tons of copies of Gamer. Funny you say that, though. I just recently got into the work of Neveldine and Taylor because of the Crank series and bought Gamer (and Jonah Hex) because of those other movies.[/QUOTE]

Actually i didn't find Gamer to be that bad. of course i got it for free but still, Crank 2 on the other hand...... I also never bothered with Jonah Hex.

JONAH HEX wasn't directed by Nevaldine/Taylor, only written by. It's pretty bad. I loved both CRANKs, but never saw GAMER. Gonna check out GHOST RIDER: SOV when it hits the $2 theater.

Everyone needs to go buy a $2 copy of BAD LIEUTENANT: POCNO. It's amazing.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Gray, I'm totally down with seeing GHOST RIDER 2 at Venture Cinemas when it shows up. That's two of us... maybe we can do a CAG meet-up?[/QUOTE]

Where's Venture located? i only know of the dollar theater in Fayetteville.

Venture is near Gwinnett Place Mall. I usually do my cheapass viewing at The Picture Show, which is in Southeast-ish Marietta, near the Merchant's Walk shopping center. They have 3D now!

[quote name='El Gray']Venture is near Gwinnett Place Mall. I usually do my cheapass viewing at The Picture Show, which is in Southeast-ish Marietta, near the Merchant's Walk shopping center. They have 3D now![/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah that's like an hour from me.

Wow, been a while since I logged in to the ATL CAG thread. I left my job and its issued laptop so I had to finally update my desktop/home network before I could actively get back online. (Windows ME on a 10+ yr old system just doesn't cut it!):lol:

Anyways, not a whole lot to report from my corner of the city, although I did hit up the Blockbuster on South Cobb drive a few times. After looking through the thread I see why I was able to score some decent Blu titles as it appears local CAGs weren't in the area. I haven't been in there in a week or two but I believe that I was told they'll be selling stuff for a little longer. I'll try to check on it this week to find out. I believe that this store is getting stuff from the other locations after they close but I'm not sure.

They were selling everything from fleece throws and movie posters to shelf units and office furniture. On my last visit between 1-2 weeks ago, used Blu titles were down titles were down to $7.?? (and in standard DVD cases). I picked up X-Men 1st Class, Watchmen Director's Cut, Super 8, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Red Cliff parts 1 and 2 (original international version), and Horrible Bosses for the wife. After such an awesome score I didn't even look through the DVDs but they were down to $4.50 I think.

They had long tables set up with hand written signs pricing the table. My score of the day was an HP Laserjet printer that I found on the $5 table. When I asked about it I was told it came from the district manager's office and that it was missing a cord or something. It had the detachable power cord and a brand new CAT5e sitting with it. I told her that it was only missing the USB connecting cable and the network cable wasn't needed. She and her coworker liked my honesty and said to take the network cable and the printer for $5!

Granted, it didn't come with an ink cartridge and is a half decade old or so but it was only $5.
Perfect timing as I needed a printer but didn't really want to pony up the cash. Nice when life works out! :D

Went back to the Blockbuster on South Cobb drive in Smyrna/Marietta this afternoon, thought I'd throw up a double post.

Movies/Miscellanous:
New DVD and Blu movies are 30% off. Used DVDs are $5.99 or less. Used Blu flicks are also $5.99 (in standard size cases) with quite a few left. I only picked up the Donnie Darko Director's Cut but I saw some that ATL CAGs have mentioned like RED and GAMER. They had a bunch of copies of both along with Bunraku. I already have RED on DVD and didn't like GAMER as much as CRANK. I haven't seen Bunraku, any opinions? In addition to the movies the place is still selling anything and everything. They even have the rest of the building opened with video monitors, bookshelves, tables, desks, and filing cabinets for sale. They only have one rack of games left with new and used listed at 30% off, not a lot of selection but around 6-12 different titles for each of the consoles.

Unusual Opportunity:
If you are looking for something different, they are selling a 360 display kiosk containing a Samsung LCD (looks about 20-25", no idea if it's a TV or monitor), a 360 (unseen and inside the kiosk, no idea of make, model, or condition), a game (MW3 I think), and 2 wired black 360 controllers for $500. If you feel like standing a foot from your monitor while gaming, this is your chance!:lol: As of now the items can not be purchased individually but that or the the total price could change.

Gaming Related:
They have a table in the front middle with random game related merchandise at 40% off. This stuff is new and included a few Stuffed Animal Yoshi backpacks (blue or purple, I'm pretty colorblind), small South Park stuffed toys, and assorted Mario mini figures. I grabbed a Luigi tin with him and Koopa Troopa for $3, leaving another Luigi tin containing Luigi and Daisy as I already had it. There was at least 10 Mario Galaxy mini figures (Bee, Rabbit, Spring suits), a few medium size toad figures, and some other non-Nintendo ones.

They also have an endcap with new PS3 remotes at half off their $24.99 price. They had at least 2 dozen left after I picked up 1. They are the first version for the PS3 not the newer one that also does Sony TVs etc. (Not a big deal for me as my TV isn't a Sony anyway). Also they have new controllers at 50% off as well. After getting what I needed there were still 2 PS3 Dualshocks for $54.99, 1 white Wiimote at $20 or $30, 2 black Wiimotes with built in motion plus at $39.99, 2 white Wiimote Nunchucks, and 2 Wii classic controllers. There were no 360 controllers.

I was told that all of the controllers and the PS3 remotes were just shipped over from another store today and that they had just been put out. The employee had to manually discount the controllers and remote so you may have to ask to get it done. He also said that they continue to get items from other stores on a near daily basis and that this location would cease to exist on April 15th.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just figure more info is better than not enough.

The Ponce store is a pretty sad sight. Used movies are still $2. New movies are 70% off.

The lone item that I considered was a new DVD of THE MATADOR that would've been $3, but I couldn't even rouse the enthusiasm to make the purchase. Fun movie, though.

The Grand Prize Winner/Loser of the used DVD wall is DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS, with somewhere between 80-100 copies of unwanted "comedy."

They did get in some new games for some reason. Several copies of SKYRIM for 360 would come out to about $43 (30% off all games), and there were some new copies of ARKHAM ASYLUM, UNCHARTED 3, and a couple others. Nothing that beats a price that happens occasionally at Target or something, though.

I'll probably check back on the last day and see if they work any magic on the prices.

OH! Best part: I rode my bike over there to check it out, prepared to lock up out front, but THE DAMN BIKE RACK WAS GONE. I guess they found a buyer! Ha. I wandered around the side of the building and locked up to the electric meter, which was still there... for the moment.

[quote name='El Gray']...DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS, with somewhere between 80-100 copies of unwanted "comedy."

...but THE DAMN BIKE RACK WAS GONE. I guess they found a buyer!...[/QUOTE]
^This line was funnier than that entire movie!:lol:

[quote name='El Gray']The Ponce store is a pretty sad sight. Used movies are still $2. New movies are 70% off.

The lone item that I considered was a new DVD of THE MATADOR that would've been $3, but I couldn't even rouse the enthusiasm to make the purchase. Fun movie, though.

The Grand Prize Winner/Loser of the used DVD wall is DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS, with somewhere between 80-100 copies of unwanted "comedy."

They did get in some new games for some reason. Several copies of SKYRIM for 360 would come out to about $43 (30% off all games), and there were some new copies of ARKHAM ASYLUM, UNCHARTED 3, and a couple others. Nothing that beats a price that happens occasionally at Target or something, though.

I'll probably check back on the last day and see if they work any magic on the prices.

OH! Best part: I rode my bike over there to check it out, prepared to lock up out front, but THE DAMN BIKE RACK WAS GONE. I guess they found a buyer! Ha. I wandered around the side of the building and locked up to the electric meter, which was still there... for the moment.[/QUOTE]Sadly I have a dvd of The Matador still sitting on a shelf unwatched from when Hollywood Video closed and I got it for a buck. Thought about Dinner for Schmucks at two, but figured with that many unwanted copies (new ones lasted forever too) it must really suck. I did get a two month Blockbuster membership and finally watched my first rental, which was Red. Awesome movie. Definitely one of my faves. Too bad the rentals don't have extras or I would have gotten it during these liquidations.

The Druid Hills Target had about ten copies of "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" for PS3 for 15 bucks as of Friday night. I've heard great things (and just picked it up for my Xbox via a GameFly sale).

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thought about Dinner for Schmucks at two, but figured with that many unwanted copies (new ones lasted forever too) it must really suck.[/QUOTE]

It does really suck. But the original French film it's based on, "The Dinner Game," is excellent.

No $10 copies of GOLDENEYE with the gold controller at Buckhead TRU. I checked last night.

I did get PS3 DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO for about $12 at the Buckhead Target, though. Score.

I still don't see how I can insert console icons into this post, and I'm holding you all responsible.

[quote name='El Gray']No $10 copies of GOLDENEYE with the gold controller at Buckhead TRU. I checked last night.

I did get PS3 DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO for about $12 at the Buckhead Target, though. Score.

I still don't see how I can insert console icons into this post, and I'm holding you all responsible.[/QUOTE]

:xbox::ps2::360::ps3::wii:

Quote my post and you'll see the codes for them.

Picked up Tiger Woods 13 Collector's Edition Xbox 360 for $34.98 at the Snellville Target. 2 PS3 copies were left last night.

[quote name='El Gray']...I still don't see how I can insert console icons into this post, and I'm holding you all responsible.[/QUOTE]
When you submit a post (under the advanced settings, NOT quick reply) check the Smilies list on the right. Click on More. That's it, the console icons are near the bottom of the list. ATL CAG thread helps its own! :grouphug:

[quote name='gsugator']Picked up Tiger Woods 13 Collector's Edition Xbox 360 for $34.98 at the Snellville Target. 2 PS3 copies were left last night.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes, same price for this in Buckhead. Couple copies for each platform on a bottom shelf in FRONT of video games.

bread's done
Back