Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Oh ho, Tiger 13? The one that just came out last week?[/QUOTE]

Yep, already on clearance for the special edition. Funny stuff. Maybe this will make them rethink a yearly edition.

Went to edgewood target the other day. Didn't have the Tiger Woods SE. Went to Lindbergh Target and there was one copy PS3 hidden in the shelves. No price. I asked the guy to check it. $69.99. Rats.

The ones I saw were at the 2-story Buckhead store, as I mentioned. On the bottom shelf of a front end-cap, laying flat, side by side.

[quote name='El Gray']The ones I saw were at the 2-story Buckhead store, as I mentioned. On the bottom shelf of a front end-cap, laying flat, side by side.[/QUOTE]

Didn't make up there. Oh well.

Picked up MLB 12 The Show at Lindbergh Best Buy for $49.99 and Fallout: New Vegas for $9.99.

Not bad.

Southsiders (and enthusiastic movie fans across the metroplex), a HIGHLY ENTERTAINING comedy called DETENTION opened yesterday at the Southlake AMC 24. It's only showing on 10 screens across the whole country right now, in hopes that it'll do well enough to expand.

It's a hard-R high school comedy that's sort of set in the structure of a slasher film. With time travel. And the whole thing looks amazing because it was shot by one of the best music video directors in the world (Joseph Kahn).

Anyway, if you're anywhere near it, I give it highest recommendation. I got to see a sneak last weekend, and really, really loved it. SO FUNNY and smart.

Also, video games!

Just thought I'd post a final blurb on the Blockbuster closing in Smyrna/Marietta on S.Cobb drive. The location is finally going down for good as tomorrow (Sunday 4/15) is the final day. I went in yesterday to see what was left. All used Blu's and DVDs were at $1.99 and new flicks were at 70% off. Selection of the new titles were extremely slim though. I bought the last new copy of District 9 Blu for $4.5something leaving only SWAT and some surfing/ocean documentary as the remaining new Bluray titles. They were completely sold out of all gaming accessories and only had a small selection of used games left which were only 30% off for some stupid reason. They still had some used movies and I pulled the trigger on a Bluray Bunraku despite still not having heard from anyone who has seen it. Figured I could take a gamble for $2. If I am out tomorrow I'll check in to see if they do anything more to help the used game prices on the last day.

[quote name='El Gray']Southsiders (and enthusiastic movie fans across the metroplex), a HIGHLY ENTERTAINING comedy called DETENTION opened yesterday at the Southlake AMC 24. It's only showing on 10 screens across the whole country right now, in hopes that it'll do well enough to expand.

It's a hard-R high school comedy that's sort of set in the structure of a slasher film. With time travel. And the whole thing looks amazing because it was shot by one of the best music video directors in the world (Joseph Kahn).

Anyway, if you're anywhere near it, I give it highest recommendation. I got to see a sneak last weekend, and really, really loved it. SO FUNNY and smart.

Also, video games![/QUOTE]

That did look pretty interesting, but i need to see Cabin in the Woods before i go see anything else.

[quote name='Clown069']That did look pretty interesting, but i need to see Cabin in the Woods before i go see anything else.[/QUOTE]

I understand that priority-- I saw CABIN last night (it's great)-- but you may not have another chance to see DETENTION on the big screen. If you can manage it at all, please check it out this weekend. It's highly enjoyable.

[quote name='El Gray']I understand that priority-- I saw CABIN last night (it's great)-- but you may not have another chance to see DETENTION on the big screen. If you can manage it at all, please check it out this weekend. It's highly enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

it's not only this weekend is it? cause i may go see it sometime this week. i only live in stockbridge so i'm rather close.

It should run all week. I wouldn't assume that it'll run past Thursday, unfortunately.

Worth the price of admission, though, I guarantee.

I don't know if Snellville markdowns happen sooner than other stores now, but at the Sidney Marcus store today SOCOM 4 and a bunch of other games were still the same as last week or two, but SOCOM had dropped to 9ish at Snellville today. Picked it up. There is one left as well as one Space Marines at 9ish, 2 NBA2k11s at 11ish and two Singularity at 11ish, all 70% off and all PS3. No 360 games left there. I think Guitar Hero 5 was 70% off as well.

I've spotted SINGULARITY for $12 at a couple of stores this week, too. Anyone played that one?

I haven't seen SOCOM or R&C for less than $15 anywhere yet.

There are some pretty nice looking $40+ dollar headphones for $12 at Sidney Marcus. I got a pair.

[quote name='El Gray']...There are some pretty nice looking $40+ dollar headphones for $12 at Sidney Marcus. I got a pair.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the market for some gaming headphones actually.
What kind are they and/or what system(s) are they for?
Also, is this a Best Buy store?

[quote name='El Gray']I've spotted SINGULARITY for $12 at a couple of stores this week, too. Anyone played that one?

There are some pretty nice looking $40+ dollar headphones for $12 at Sidney Marcus. I got a pair.[/QUOTE]Those did look nice. Almost got a pair as I need some for the kids, don't want them wearing earbuds, but I wasn't sure if they were too big.

So it looks like Snellville is ahead of other stores now if SOCOM was still at $15.

[quote name='El Gray']I've spotted SINGULARITY for $12 at a couple of stores this week, too. Anyone played that one?

There are some pretty nice looking $40+ dollar headphones for $12 at Sidney Marcus. I got a pair.[/QUOTE]

Singularity was interesting but the online is completely dead. the game had a nice story and some interesting gameplay but also a little frustrating, to me at east.

Glad to help.

ALSO, that DETENTION movie I mentioned is leaving the one screen at Southlake after tonight. Probably your last chance to see it anywhere for a while. Southsiders, I highly recommend it, if you've got a couple hours free. /shill

ALSO ALSO, my group of four for Van Halen + Kool & The Gang tonight has an extra ticket. $40 to join us.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tix/2966700217.html
(it'll be awesome)

[quote name='RoninChaos']Are any of you guys finding deals at the local targets? I can't find SHIT.[/QUOTE]

only things i found were Space Marine for $12 on 360 and ps3 and Dream Trigger 3d on 3DS. that's about it.

BB in Loganville is closing. Last day is Saturday. Not a whole lot left but used games are 20% off and everything is tagged "on sale" with whatever the price is.

I got a $5 copy of SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2: CRYPTIC JAPANESE SUBTITLE at the Perimeter BBuy this evening. Might be a one-day deal, so this post may be useless... but maybe you can still order one online?

There were a couple left when I bought mine. There was a bin card with the $4.99 price, but it rang up at $50? C'mon, BBuy. Get it together. They had to find a manager to do an override.

[quote name='El Gray']I got a $5 copy of SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2: CRYPTIC JAPANESE SUBTITLE at the Perimeter BBuy this evening. Might be a one-day deal, so this post may be useless... but maybe you can still order one online?

There were a couple left when I bought mine. There was a bin card with the $4.99 price, but it rang up at $50? C'mon, BBuy. Get it together. They had to find a manager to do an override.[/QUOTE]

yeah actually it was a one day sale like 2 days ago. must have forgot about the signage.

Hello!
Do you like awesome movies? Maybe you'd like to see one with other awesome people?

There's a site that allows you to host a screening of a film at a local theater. Someone has set up a potential screening of Sam Peckinpah's BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA for Monday the 28th at the Plaza. The catch is that they need a few more folks to reserve a ticket in the next two days before the screening can happen. JUST FOUR MORE.

http://www.tugg.com/events/658

Come on. I know four of you are up for this. Big-screen Peckinpah! Delicious popcorn! A chance to sit next to me! Please consider this if you like movies and/or violence.

Thanks.

[quote name='El Gray']Hello!
Do you like awesome movies? Maybe you'd like to see one with other awesome people?

There's a site that allows you to host a screening of a film at a local theater. Someone has set up a potential screening of Sam Peckinpah's BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA for Monday the 28th at the Plaza. The catch is that they need a few more folks to reserve a ticket in the next two days before the screening can happen. JUST FOUR MORE.

http://www.tugg.com/events/658

Come on. I know four of you are up for this. Big-screen Peckinpah! Delicious popcorn! A chance to sit next to me! Please consider this if you like movies and/or violence.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... Black Tusk and municipal waste are playing that same night, but what the heck...
Now we just need 3 more.

I'm in for "Bring Me The Head..." so good job, Gray, for promoting it. Once it moved to the Plaza instead of Buckhead, I no longer had any excuse not to check it out.

5 Below just opened up this weekend over by Perimeter Mall. Its on Mount Vernon Highway in the shopping center with the Regal Cinema's theatre. They had some games for $5. I picked up Coded Arms for the PSP finally for $5.

Ah, a coworker mentioned that to me, but I wasn't sure exactly where he meant. I work across the street. I'll have to check it out next week at lunchtime.

Do any of you guys have gamefly subscriptions? If so, what is the general turnaround time? I know it varies by location, so I wanted to ask for local experiences.

I would mainly be using it for a short period of time for older releases or easy kid type games for the summer. It is probably worth it for what I want regardless, and I will likely do a free trial to test for myself, but I was hoping for any info you guys might be able to share.

[quote name='kitlink']did anyone else get an invite to the wii u experience?[/QUOTE]

I got one too, if anyone wants it just PM me and I'll send it your way.

Has anyone spotted the new "The Walking Dead: Zombie Hunter" lightgun plug-n-play TV game in the Atlanta area? I'm sure it will be silly fun at best, but I plan to buy one anyway. Walmart/ToysRus/Amazon .coms all acknowledge that it exists, but act like there's no way to verify it is actually available on local store shelves. I plan to remain calm and just wait until I spot one someday on a routine visit to Target, but if someone could tell me with certainty that it was in-stock somewhere....

[quote name='Robotechnology']Has anyone spotted the new "The Walking Dead: Zombie Hunter" lightgun plug-n-play TV game in the Atlanta area? I'm sure it will be silly fun at best, but I plan to buy one anyway. Walmart/ToysRus/Amazon .coms all acknowledge that it exists, but act like there's no way to verify it is actually available on local store shelves. I plan to remain calm and just wait until I spot one someday on a routine visit to Target, but if someone could tell me with certainty that it was in-stock somewhere....[/QUOTE]

Didn't even know it existed. i'll check Walmart next time i'm there and get back to you.

I can verify that they do exist and they are actually on shelves.
I saw a ton of them on shelves in Douglasville, GA Walmart 2 nights ago. I believe they were marked $29.99 and their price was on a red tag, usually meaning they are clearanced. I saw them near the clearance aisles there. If I had known I would have taken a snapshot!

Whoah! Clearanced already? The all-knowing Internet seems to think the MSRP is $39.99, and Amazon is listing it for that (with other sellers asking for as much as 60). Other sources claim it shouldn't even be out until the end of August, hence my original wondering if anyone has seen one in the wild.

I wonder if I should hit the Walmart near work just to see? It would be very CAG of me to waste gas running all over in town in hopes of saving a few bucks.

Whoops, should have done more homework before that last post -- I see Walmart.com now has it listed as 'in stock' pretty much all around me. The "online price" is 39.99, but I wonder if it will be cheaper in-store like it is in Douglasville?

Probably so. They had a ton of them there haha I would snap a pic but i am off to snellville tomorrow night-monday :/ ill stop by tonight and post a pic if they still have them (which i am sure they will) may be a per store sale or clearance?

id gladly drop it by somewhere for u if u are on my way to/from snellville if it is cheaper at that store only. if not u can use the pic to try and price match if they will let you?

Pretty good haul from the Northpoint Best Buy tonight:

Got the last copies of BULLETSTORM and RAYMAN ORIGINS [ps3] for $5 and $10 each, and got PROF. LAYTON / UNWOUND FUTURE for $10, too, leaving one copy behind.

Soooo, I'm buying a 3DS XL. Just put in an order at the Duluth Fry's, since the console is 180 there, and NSMB2 is 30. Comes out to $222 altogether. I figure the $25-30 discount justifies the drive.

Anyone else taking this plunge?

EDIT: Well, crap, they are sold out at that store.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sucks that they were sold out Gray. Hope you were able to find one elsewhere. I'm not going for the XL model as I have the Zelda 3DS already. The larger size does intrigue me though and I'm interested to get my hands on one to feel how it compares.

bread's done
Back