Attack on crowd at Denver Dark Knight Rises midnight showing

That one fucking scumbag with the arm sling has been doing interviews for days, taking his bloody t-shirt as a prop. No emotion whatsoever in his voice while talking about his "friend" that was left behind bleeding and might be one of the unidentified bodies. Kid's probably hoping to get a reality show or book deal out of it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That one fucking scumbag with the arm sling has been doing interviews for days, taking his bloody t-shirt as a prop. No emotion whatsoever in his voice while talking about his "friend" that was left behind bleeding and might be one of the unidentified bodies. Kid's probably hoping to get a reality show or book deal out of it.[/QUOTE]

who are you talking about?

Yeah...I can see some cable channel trying to make a movie deal out of this.....what's the point? There wasn't a show down with the cops , even though he was ready to take them on. It was like.....ready for war but gave up easily. How do you make a movie out of that? We still don't know what motivated him to do this shit. He's not talking to the police...I am pretty sure the DA is going to ask for the death sentence or life in a mental institution.

[quote name='ITDEFX']who are you talking about?

Yeah...I can see some cable channel trying to make a movie deal out of this.....what's the point? There wasn't a show down with the cops , even though he was ready to take them on. It was like.....ready for war but gave up easily. How do you make a movie out of that? We still don't know what motivated him to do this shit. He's not talking to the police...I am pretty sure the DA is going to ask for the death sentence or life in a mental institution.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about one of the people shot, not the shooter. Who I see on the news giving a "firsthand account." Then change the channel and it's the same guy again. Like he was just hanging out at the scene just to give interviews. Same as the link to people tweeting about this, like it wasn't a fucking tragedy, and instead was "coolest story EVER, bro!"

[quote name='panzerfaust']Since he's the Joker, wouldn't he have planned to surrender and now will escape?

Hmmm[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's on his mind. Just by the way he gave up casually. And the whole booby-trapped apartment thing. Like the guy really thinks he's living a movie.

So...I guess no one mowed down those fuckers from the Westboro Baptist Church. Some crazy asshole kills, maims, and terrorizes innocent people in a theater—yet those asshats at the WBC continue to live. That's fucked up. Someone needs to let the crazies in the world know that if they want to go on a killing spree there is plenty of fodder at the WBC.

They aren't crazy, they just bait people into potential lawsuits. They know exactly what they're doing and that no one can stop them.

They probably aren't even religious. And their words are so empty I'm surprised people are really that outraged by it. You only feed them.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Since he's the Joker, wouldn't he have planned to surrender and now will escape?

Hmmm[/QUOTE]

You know what? That's exactly what I was thinking when I read he surrendered peacefully to the police.... but then again the Joker did put up a good fight and was very crafty about it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm talking about one of the people shot, not the shooter. Who I see on the news giving a "firsthand account." Then change the channel and it's the same guy again. Like he was just hanging out at the scene just to give interviews. Same as the link to people tweeting about this, like it wasn't a fucking tragedy, and instead was "coolest story EVER, bro!"

I'm pretty sure that's on his mind. Just by the way he gave up casually. And the whole booby-trapped apartment thing. Like the guy really thinks he's living a movie.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the guy you mentioned who was giving out interviews left and right... You know I actually stayed away from watching all this crap on tv because I knew people would say shit like this.

I am very curious how booby trapped his apartment was....as in was it meant to blow the place up? just his level or take out the entire building? Why didn't he say something like....there is a bomb somewhere in this town and it is set to go off in 24 hrs.......... now that would cause some serious panic.

That's a very vague article. No comparisons to how blockbusters normally taper off or anything. Media likes to cash in on these kinds of stories as much as possible, though.

[quote name='Chase']So...I guess no one mowed down those fuckers from the Westboro Baptist Church. Some crazy asshole kills, maims, and terrorizes innocent people in a theater—yet those asshats at the WBC continue to live. That's fucked up. Someone needs to let the crazies in the world know that if they want to go on a killing spree there is plenty of fodder at the WBC.[/QUOTE]

I remember watching a few videos on YouTube where this guy went to some of their pickets and interviewed some of the people from the "church". He made them all look even more retarded then I expected them to be. I really wish I could remember the name of the video,cause it was some funny shit.

[quote name='ITDEFX']WTF???
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tedly-seen-lowering-dark-knight-ticket-sales/

Are you fucking serious?[/QUOTE]

I am from Colorado, was just at the theater a couple of hours ago and the AMC Dark Knight Rises theater room was not even close to full. This was a small theater room too. A couple of years ago I was at the Dark Knight at the same theater but in a bigger room and it was packed. Had to wait about 30 mins in line just to get into the Dark Knight, now with the Dark Knight Rises you just walk in.

It was a sad feeling and It was hard to fully enjoy the movie especially since some of the shooting scene make me stop and think about the victims.

BTW didn't they say that they won't report number until Monday out of respect?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get a somewhat odd feeling during the movie, especially the scene
near the beginning with the airplane hijack
since I assume that's when the guy started firing.

fucking hate shit like this. A reaction from the media like this is EXACTLY what people like him want. He calls himself The Joker and they plaster it in 144pt type on the front page of a New York newspaper.

H3LsK.jpg

[quote name='ITDEFX']so what do you do when your getting shot up and bleeding?.........you twitter it :roll:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/tech/...g-social-media/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Seriously wtf? nobody cares what your last mark on the internet is...I'd rather try to help others or something other that twitter the event.[/QUOTE]
No offense. But more than likely if I were there and I saw my chance to escape, I woulda taken the cowardly approach and got the fuck outta Dodge. But in at least several instances during this incident the people who survived owe their lives to those who willingly took a bullet(or nine) for them. But again, I know that would not be me.

I wasn't really scared to go to the theater, but I don't think I enjoyed watching it as much as I would've. The first few scenes were particularly uncomfortable.

[quote name='Scorch']I wasn't really scared to go to the theater, but I don't think I enjoyed watching it as much as I would've. The first few scenes were particularly uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't even tell you the last time I went to an actual theater to see a movie. I usually just Redbox anything I wanna watch anymore and usually only when I've got one of those $.50 off coupons from RB to boot. That way it costs me $.50 and if I dislike the movie I'm not out $8-12 for just the ticket, $6-8 for popcorn and $5 for a frickin' drink.

Yeah its amazing how most theaters have not upgraded that business model its clearly not working as well as it used to.

Yeah. There used to be a cut rate theater or two around here, where even the concession stand prices weren't sky high. But those both closed a long time ago and no other ones have popped up. I guess maybe at the end of the day they couldn't make money showing second run flicks. Although they were packed on weekends. But making decent cash three days out of the week doesn't exactly mean you're profitable I suppose.

Yeah guys, the theater business model is definitely failing. That's why every year a new movie breaks another box office record. Come on.

I hate the theater as much as anyone, I usually go twice a year max. This year I'm gonna make it there about 6 times, there's just too many films I want to see right away this year.

But let's not fool ourselves, the money is still rolling in and they won't change a thing.

About the only way I'll watch a movie nowadays besides Redbox is if I go to the local drive-in. At least there you get two movies for the price($5-6) AND you can bring in whatever the fuck you want from outside for snackage.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I did get a somewhat odd feeling during the movie, especially the scene
near the beginning with the airplane hijack
since I assume that's when the guy started firing.

fucking hate shit like this. A reaction from the media like this is EXACTLY what people like him want. He calls himself The Joker and they plaster it in 144pt type on the front page of a New York newspaper.

H3LsK.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This isn't surprising. Rupert Murdoch built his empire on stupid shit like this.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Serious, that newspaper.....come on now. Thats the reason why I declined when I first stared in tv/film broadcasting, I didnt want to deal with a lifetime of that shit. Playing into the hands of murders and rapist.

Screw news.

[/QUOTE]

They're not playing into the hands of the killer. They're pandering to the audience because they know The Joker as a headline will sell papers. Blame the audience, which has proven to be stupid as sin. Of course, you have to take this with a grain of salt since it's the NY Post, which has an especially stupid audience.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah guys, the theater business model is definitely failing. That's why every year a new movie breaks another box office record. Come on.

I hate the theater as much as anyone, I usually go twice a year max. This year I'm gonna make it there about 6 times, there's just too many films I want to see right away this year.

But let's not fool ourselves, the money is still rolling in and they won't change a thing.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see these "Record breaking numbers" broken down per capita adjusted for rate of inflation.

I know I go see much much fewer movies now than when I was younger. Just can't be bothered with the hassle of seemingly endless amounts of idiots in the audience. The shooting of course will have no influence on whether I go see a movie.

^ but that doesn't matter as long as they are making tons of money still, regardless if they could be making more.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You know what? That's exactly what I was thinking when I read he surrendered peacefully to the police.... but then again the Joker did put up a good fight and was very crafty about it.
.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, if he's Nolan's Joker, he would have used knives instead of guns due to how much more personal knives are or whatever it was the Joker had said in TDK.

I wonder if the "Joker" persona is his attempt to get an insanity plea.

[quote name='Soodmeg']But that is one movie per what year that breaks these numbers? There are hundreds of movies released per year...you basing your though on just 1 ultra popular movie without taking into account the ENTIRE movie genre as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. We need inflation adjusted numbers for the industry as a whole.

The movie industry isn't losing money or anything. But movies aren't as fun as they used to be. Not sure if that's because I'm not enjoying them or if they're getting worse.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']This isn't surprising. Rupert Murdoch built his empire on stupid shit like this.[/QUOTE]

You're being a bit unfair, his empire was also built on bribes to politicians and illegal taps on victims.

[quote name='confoosious']Exactly. We need inflation adjusted numbers for the industry as a whole.

The movie industry isn't losing money or anything. But movies aren't as fun as they used to be. Not sure if that's because I'm not enjoying them or if they're getting worse.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I hate going to the movies. I was just making the point that they are making good money. There's no reason for then to change anything about the experience.

I still think there are great movies being made. Many of them though are independent or much smaller than the Hollywood blockbusters.

Yeah, another thing to consider is that it also costs more now to make a movie than ever before. So, companies are often having to dig themselves out of a much deeper hole before they start making a profit. We've heard for years that theaters don't make any profit on ticket sales, and that's the sole reason that concession prices are what they are. Add to that, the fact that the home viewing experience is better than it ever was before (50"+ TVs, surround sound, blu-ray, streaming services, D-Box...if you've really got money, the freedom to watch movies in your underwear, etc), and there's even less of a reason for people to go out. Either way though, I completely agree, the theater experience is far crappier than it used to be. I think part of it is just growing up and being less naive than when you were a kid. Every day, I feel like I have far less patience and tolerance for people fucking with my day. And I turn 30 next month. It's just all down hill from here, lol.

[quote name='GUNNM']Why? He didn't fire in the theater. A lot of people go to places with a gun -- hence a license to carry.[/QUOTE]

Also in Courtois’ car, police found newspaper clippings about the mass shooting Friday during a showing of the same Batman movie at a Colorado movie theater, according to McCausland.
Courtois told police he had attended the Batman movie at the Cinemagic Theater in Saco on Saturday night with a loaded gun in his backpack and that he was on his way Sunday to Derry, N.H., where he planned to shoot a former employer, McCausland said.

No nothing wrong at all. I'm sure he just wanted to make a pit stop on his way to murder a former co-worker.

[quote name='GUNNM']Why? He didn't fire in the theater. A lot of people go to places with a gun -- hence a license to carry.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming he's mostly referring to the part where the dude told the police he was on his way to murder someone?

i know u guys might be mad at me but idont care this is my OPINION but this event could have been avoid becus i writed in the studio about making a possible movie about pepsiman dont laugh i wanted him 2 be a character he already has a psone game.... i imported it and its great!!!!my copy got 2 scratched so i buyed another... .but this iw aht happens hwen u dont listen and make crappy vioelnt movies ppl turn violent.

i mean ppl love batman but i think this is deservedin a way. i do not feel sorry 4 the victims this time. it may sound sick but this just reminds me that the studio never even acknolwedged my idea. u guys can hate m4 this but id ont care. my dad called me an idiot 4 saying this what a jerk.

[quote name='ced']I seriously didn't understand a word of that.[/QUOTE]

ok stop making fun of me ill jus tell u w/o the extras details u didnt ask 4

i writed in the movie sutido 2 get a pepsiman movie idea done. i gave them a script which i worked a whole weekend on.they never even writed back 2 me.so now i think this event is desrved becus it is like karma in a way.if pepsiman was made i dont think people would be vioelnt they would be happy. and yes this the poster PEPSIMAN SINCE I AM ADMITTING IT THIS TIME U CANT BAN ME AGIN.

The paragraphs under the first and only one you read are there for a reason.

[quote name='Chase']Saw this in my Twitter feed. (It's in regards to the killer.)

tVU47.jpg

Is there any truth to what is mentioned?[/QUOTE]

If true, it wouldn't be the first terrorist plot entirely concocted by the government. In fact, the vast majority of foiled plots that make the news are completely orchestrated by the government.

http://www.salon.com/2011/09/29/fbi_terror/

So, to answer your question, yes, it's entirely in the realm of possibility.

bread's done
Back