Aug 07 On XBLM (8/30 NHL '08/TimeShift Demo, Halo Wars Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see they finally got the Eternal Sonata demo up. I know it was a timed OXM disc exclusive for awhile. Will download it tomorrow.

Also, did they officially say that Bioshock will be getting a demo? I already pre-ordered the LE, but it'd be nice to play it before I pick it up. Either that or hopefully reviews will be in by then. I expect nothing less than an 8 or 9! The game looks simply amazing. :drool:

[quote name='zewone']The Eternal Sonata demo has been on the JPN marketplace for some time now... in English.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's weird that it's taken this long to show up... my only guess is so that it is closer to release.

[quote name='DomLando']Bought one of the Puzzle Fighter Themes and the gamerpics. Pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

do the themes have guide backgrounds? at 100 pts that's not bad.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']do the themes have guide backgrounds? at 100 pts that's not bad.[/QUOTE]
I got the all characters theme. And it does not have a guide background.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Stranglehold demo out, but live isnt working for me.[/QUOTE]
Same. I can't unlock my Track & Field demo.

I see I'm not the only one having problems with Live. I can connect, but whenever I try to access the marketplace it says "data cannot be retrieved."

Other stuff that showed up this morning:

Carcasonne
Rivers (DLC) - 300pts

Band of Bugs
Red Kingdom (DLC) - 150pts
Gamer Pic Pack #3 (3) - 50pts

Soltrio Solitaire
Game Pack #4 -150pts

UFC Fighters
Theme #4 - 150pts
Pic Pack - 100pts

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Carcasonne
Rivers (DLC) - 300pts
Band of Bugs
Red Kingdom (DLC) - 150pts
[/QUOTE]
Nice! Slightly odd pricing, but at least it's reasonable.

... why is Track & Field so fuckin' unresponsive.

Isn't responsiveness key in button-mashing games?

[quote name='guyver2077']stranglehold demo was pretty cool...

also nice to see tmnt for download so quickly[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that last night....it came out for DLC the same date the DVD/HD DVD/BR hit. :applause: Beat that Pay-Per-View.

not sure of when it was put up, but the JP marketplace has a 94MB video of Beautiful Katamari. It's completely different from the US trailer.

[quote name='akilshohen']not sure of when it was put up, but the JP marketplace has a 94MB video of Beautiful Katamari. It's completely different from the US trailer.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks! I'll get that in a bit.

Edit - it is very nice, as it shows many more game modes (including the "overworld") than the U.S. trailer. And my kids will get a kick out of the little kid Japanese narrator.

Track & Field is definitely not a game that needed to be resurrected, IMO.

Anyone remember jiggling joysticks on the home console version back in the day? LOL.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, I saw that last night....it came out for DLC the same date the DVD/HD DVD/BR hit. :applause: Beat that Pay-Per-View.[/QUOTE]
On Direct TV it was up on PPV the same day the DVD came out. Still cool that it was up so quickly though.

Another FEAR map pack:

Content: Bonus Map Pack
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Asia or Mexico
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE,STRONG LANGUAGE] "With this FREE Bonus Map Pack you’ll gain access to 3 never before available Multiplayer levels for your Xbox 360! Take advantage of the lush vegetation in Ecosphere to showcase your sniping skills or battle it out in a dilapidated building where enemies lurk behind every corner in Hotel. If dark spaces and close quarters combat are more to your liking, then prepare for some epic fire fights in the twisting tunnels of Sewers."

Well I'm home for lunch from work (only an hour break) but I've got the download for Bioshock going and it'll surely be done soon, just not soon enough. I can't wait to play it later!

I know this was posted on the GH II forum but here's the info on the MCR DLC for those who missed it:

Content: My Chemical Romance Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS] "Teenagers," "Famous Last Words" and "This is How I Disappear" as performed by My Chemical Romance There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

[quote name='glockant']^^is it still only 3min long?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's a short ass demo but you get the gist of it. I think the demo is geared toward people that may have never played a Katamari game before.

[quote name='darth007']Is the Beautiful Katamari demo the same as the OXM one? I can't find out myself cause my 360 is in repair.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='CAG 79']Yup, it's a short ass demo but you get the gist of it. I think the demo is geared toward people that may have never played a Katamari game before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the problem with that is it doesn't demonstrate the diversity of the gameplay and the sense of accomplishment from reaching the size milestones. It just runs pointlessly for 3 minutes and ends. I guess it gives you a good feel of the controls and gameplay mechanic. I just saw a lot of comments (in the other thread) from people here who never played the originals who seemed underwhelmed by it and once I played the demo I could see why that might be. You really need to play a "real" level to get the full experience. It is too bad they didn't give you a goal in the demo level at least.

Regardless, the demo showed to me that they didn't "break" the core gameplay and as such this is my only must-buy day 1 360 game for the rest of this year. All the others I can wait on ;).

By the way, if you want to see a bit more of the diversity of the game, check out the trailer on the Japanese marketplace. It also has the added benefit of an extensive Japanese voiceover.

OK, found my post in the other thread. I said it better then:
Also, for those of you who didn't play the originals and were disappointed in the demo, note that while the demo shows the core gameplay, it does not convey the sense of progression and accomplishment the real game provides. The demo is 3 minutes but doesn't give you a size goal. In the real game, it can be pretty challenging to meet the time limits (usually you need to get to a certain size by a certain time), especially to unlock the higher rewards (and I assume some of the achievements will involve the same thing). Then there are other types of missions where you are looking for only certain types of objects and can't touch certain other types. This leads to a whole different strategy as you can't just plow over everything.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Where did LinkinPrime go, why isn't he updating the thread?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering the same thing! Wonder if it has something to do with his upcoming child?

[quote name='deadite76']I've been wondering the same thing! Wonder if it has something to do with his upcoming child?[/QUOTE]

Oooh - I forgot about that. He did say mid-August I think. I bet that's it. Expect me to disappear mid-Nov likewise. Not that anyone will care. I wonder what it will do to Cheapy though? :lol:.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Where did LinkinPrime go, why isn't he updating the thread?[/quote]

My wife delivered our 9.3lbs son on Tuesday 8/14 by C-Section, normal delivery wasn't going to happen ;). Her and our son got discharged today, I'll try to update as I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back