Aug 07 On XBLM (8/30 NHL '08/TimeShift Demo, Halo Wars Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the venture bros gamerpics (80 points for four by the way).

There's one for Hank, Dean, Doc, and Brock. All are close ups of their faces. I switched my pic to the Hank one for reference.

[quote name='Brak']Adult Swim pictures, and no Brak Show. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

My wife was a little disappointed by the selection of Venture Brothers one, in addition to the selection general. No Home Movies? Thumbs Down.

I got the Venture Bros. as well as the Robot Chicken...kinda disappointed in Robot Chicken...seemed pricey for the pics I got and I was really hoping for the Venture Bros. Skull Logo...oh well.

Test Drive Unlimited
Lexus Pack - Free
Forgot what model of Lexus...

Content: Madden NFL 08 Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom and United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] Download the demo.
Size: 813.50 MB

Title: GRAW 2 Content: GRAW 2 - Ultimate Picture Pack
Price: 200 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: Download this picture pack. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got the Venture Bros. as well as the Robot Chicken...kinda disappointed in Robot Chicken...seemed pricey for the pics I got and I was really hoping for the Venture Bros. Skull Logo...oh well.[/QUOTE]

No skull? Eh....I'll pass. What are the RC pics?

[quote name='deadite76']No skull? Eh....I'll pass. What are the RC pics?[/quote]

The one I have on right now...a zoomed out pic of the one I have, the Proffesor from the title theme...some doll with glasses and I think what looks like a robot, from a distance.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The one I have on right now...a zoomed out pic of the one I have, the Proffesor from the title theme...some doll with glasses and I think what looks like a robot, from a distance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='terribledeli']My wife was a little disappointed by the selection of Venture Brothers one, in addition to the selection general. No Home Movies? Thumbs Down.[/QUOTE]
What's in the Venture Bros. pack?

I didn't like The Brak Show, but it'd be money to have a Brak gamerpicture. Then, maybe, people will get my gamertag. (Even thought there ain't much to get...)

I emailed Adult Swim and requested Brak Show and Space Ghost pictures. ;)

Demo: MOH Airborne

Content: Medal of Honor Airborne Demo
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,VIOLENCE] Get ready to get Airborne! Medal of Honor Airborne is out 9/4/07, but download demo now to prepare to take to the skies and drop into epic battles of WWII. In the air, control your parachute and start anywhere you want on the battlefield. On the ground, explore open, vertical environments wherever you want, however you want. You decide where to drop, you decide how to fight. Demo features the first 4 objectives of Operation Husky. Relive the airdrop experience and choose your landing spot to find new ways to attack your enemy. Upgrade your available weapons through accuracy to make them more deadly on the battlefield. Then, compete in Airborne’s LIVE Launch on September 7th - 9th!
Size: 972.84 MB

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Demo: MOH Airborne

Content: Medal of Honor Airborne Demo
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,VIOLENCE] Get ready to get Airborne! Medal of Honor Airborne is out 9/4/07, but download demo now to prepare to take to the skies and drop into epic battles of WWII. In the air, control your parachute and start anywhere you want on the battlefield. On the ground, explore open, vertical environments wherever you want, however you want. You decide where to drop, you decide how to fight. Demo features the first 4 objectives of Operation Husky. Relive the airdrop experience and choose your landing spot to find new ways to attack your enemy. Upgrade your available weapons through accuracy to make them more deadly on the battlefield. Then, compete in Airborne’s LIVE Launch on September 7th - 9th!
Size: 972.84 MB[/quote]

And your Mt. Dew pic is that on the marketplace as well or did you get it elsewhere?

Mt. Dew pics and them for Halo 3 are on the marketplace.

There were a few new free pics / themes that I didn't have yet.

[quote name='tholly']Mt. Dew pics and them for Halo 3 are on the marketplace.

There were a few new free pics / themes that I didn't have yet.[/quote]
Sweet, thanks!

EDIT: Shoot'em Up gamerpics/theme is up for free as well.

shootemupp4.jpg

GRAW 2 Throwback Map Pack 2 is out as well (includes new game mode):

Content: GRAW 2 Throwback Pack 2
Availability: Not available in Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,LANGUAGE,VIOLENCE] GRAW2 Throwback Pack 2 consists of 7 classic maps from Ghost Recon’s illustrious history. In addition to the 7 maps, there is a new game mode called Co-op Exfiltration. All of these maps have upgraded visuals and support all of GRAW2’s thousands of customizable game modes.
Size: 582.51 MB

Here's an explanation of the new co-op mode from a RS lead designer:

Exfiltration is a coop mode that plays out like a series of rescue missions. There are two preset game types, Evasion and POW. In Evasion, you start with an allied officer near your insertion and your team has to lead him through enemy patrols and vehicles to a designated helicopter extraction point. In POW, there are three officers that start in the captivity of enemy forces. You have to eliminate the guards, then lead the prisoners out of the area. The trick to POW is that once the guards are attacked, they could decide to eliminate the prisoners. This leads to some cool scenarios where players have to move into position without being detected, then coordinate a simultaneous attack on the guards around a prisoner to ensure success.

As with all other game modes, Exfiltration works across all maps and has customization options (number of allies, enemy difficulty, etc.). This is definitely a cool addition to our coop modes as it adds something more along the lines of a full mission, except compatible across all maps.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3570#more-3570

[quote name='nikelecious91']Can anyone that downloaded the Madden 08 demo tell me which teams are in it? I'm guessing its the Colts and Bears..[/quote]

correct

Details for today's content:

Content: Puzzle Fighter HD
Price: 800 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE) MILD VIOLENCE] Single Player, Live Multiplayer 1-4, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). One of the most popular puzzle games of all time is back with HD graphics, dazzling elemental effects and a new re-balanced X’ mode! Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix brings together the worlds of Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and other Capcom characters to provide extremely addictive puzzle mayhem. Enjoy single player, local & online versus modes or just watch other players duke it out. Upgrade to the full game! Unlock your ability to earn achievements and track your high scores on the Xbox LIVE Leaderboards. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
Size: 72.17 MB

Content: Streets of Rage 2
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE) Fantasy Violence] Single Player, Live Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). To commemorate their defeat of the Syndicate exactly one year before, Blaze, Adam and Axel went out to celebrate. The next morning, however, Axel received a frantic phone call from Adam’s younger brother, Eddie ‘Skate’ Hunter. Blaze and Axel rushed over and found Adam and Skate’s house wrecked and a picture of Adam chained to a wall at the feet of Mr. X. The city was returned to its nightmarish state and criminals were once again running rampant. Unable to contact their old friend in artillery, Axel and Blaze team up with Skate and Max Thunder to free the city and rescue Adam from the Syndicate. It is up to you to take down Mr. X once and for all!. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
Size: 28 MB

Content: Bomberman Live Bomb-up Pack 1
Price: 250 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [PEGI: 12+] Can’t get enough explosive Bomberman action? Grab this bomb-up pack and get 1 hot new game mode (Most Frags), 2 new arenas (Air Ship Attack & Viva Las Vegas!), and 10 crazy new characters, including a Dinosaur, Devil, and Alien! Download today!
Size: 3 MB

Content: Call of Juarez Single Player Demo
Availability: All regions except Asia and Mexico
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD,INTENSE VIOLENCE,LANGUAGE,SEXUAL THEMES] Download the demo.
Size: 708.79 MB

Might be old but I saw they had the first(?) episode of Heroes up in HD for free. I think it was titled something like Genesis.

Doesnt it seem a bit late for a Call of Juarez demo? A demo could have sold me on the game back in June but i dont think i really care anymore with all the good games coming.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Might be old but I saw they had the first(?) episode of Heroes up in HD for free. I think it was titled something like Genesis.[/QUOTE]

Is it the 74 minute uncensored episode? I will hav eto get that if so.

The Call of Juarez demo was not that great.....I was annoyed with the little puzzles about moving crates and stuff.

Demo: NHL 08

digg_url = 'http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/08/30/demo-nhl-08.aspx'; digg_skin = 'compact';
Content: Demo - NHL 08
Availability: Only in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) MILD VIOLENCE] No game is ever the same with NHL 08! Play as the Anaheim Ducks or Ottawa Senators and experience videogame hockey at its best before it ships to a store near you on September 11. For more information, visit nhl08.com.
Size: 593.20 MB

I heard the TimeShift demo is up, is this true?

Of course xbox live signup is down right now an hour after I recovered it at my friends house. I go home and can't download NHL 08, which I've been waiting for FOREVER.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Hows the timeshift demo? Is it that same POS from the OXM disc well over a year ago?[/QUOTE]

I never played the one that was on the OXM disc but this is a POS.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Hows the timeshift demo? Is it that same POS from the OXM disc well over a year ago?[/QUOTE]

No, they scrapped the game and rebuilt it over the course of the delay.

Old Timeshift:
timeshift20050518054319ca7.jpg

New Timeshift:
timeshift20070820035559ue4.jpg

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Hows the timeshift demo? Is it that same POS from the OXM disc well over a year ago?[/quote]

Hated the OXM demo disc that came out back in the day, this new rebuilt version is pretty decent...nothing too spectacular but its good.

saw this on gamespot

However, to celebrate the Labor Day holiday and give gamers home from work something to pass the time, Microsoft will be taking half off the prices of four older Xbox Live Arcade games for two days. This Sunday and Monday, gamers will be able to get deals on Gauntlet, Dig Dug, Small Arms, and Zuma Deluxe. Gauntlet and Dig Dug will be 200 Microsoft points each, or $2.50. Small Arms and Zuma Deluxe will be cut to 400 Microsoft points, or $5 a pop.

not the 4 best games, but i might bite on gauntlet. ive played the game to death over the last 20 years, but i have an odd number of points right now, 340 i think, so for 200 points, i figure why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back