AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

I was a little disappointed in the movie, to be honest. The CGI just looked hokey - with the opening action scene being particularly bad. My Sister-in-law mentioned that it reminded her of the more ridiculous Legolas shots from LOTR, and she isn't wrong. The animations seemed jerky and, at times, objects and characters moved like they didn't have any weight to them. It wasn't as noticeable after the first scene, but it took me out of the movie for a good 10 minutes or so.

As for the people mentioning the lack of Coulson... it irritated me too. But, following Joss Whedon's recent comments, we should all probably stop expecting him or his team to pop back up. Honestly, it seems Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't serve a purpose outside of its own storylines - and that's a wasted opportunity. 

A few random thoughts:

Having side characters like Falcon and War Machine show up was great.

Hawkeye stole the show for me, dude was HILARIOUS. It's nice to see him with a personality for a change.

Ultron's creation was just... odd. So, the Loki pokey stick (thank you, Kevin Smith) already contained at least a partial A.I. inside of it... as well as the soul gem. That's... I dunno, the whole thing just seemed rushed. Stark's Ultron idea should have at least been eluded to in Iron Man 3

Scarlet Witch was stunning. Quicksilver... well, I suppose Joss Whedon didn't want anyone else writing his favorite comic book character in live-action? I'm just glad Hawkeye didn't bite it, so... ehh.

Widow/Banner came out of NOWHERE. She was terrified of him in the first movie.

Why isn't this version of Steve worthy? The slight movement of Mjolnir was kind of a nice touch, but they've shown nothing to explain why he wouldn't able to lift it. I suppose Whedon just needed a way for the characters to INSTANTLY trust Vision without question, making him the only one capable of lifting it. I can't decide if that's lazy or clever.

Vision being the one to rescue Scarlet Witch was also a nice touch.

Spader's voice was great for Ultron, and I didn't expect the character to take on characteristics of Stark. That was an interesting change. The design he had for most of the movie was awful, though. The mannerisms and voice saved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I thought it was just me but the first battle scene felt and looked jerky for me too. I am glad that it went away afterward though.

I was also disappointed in the movie. It felt like they were trying too hard to cram in as many new heroes in, which kinda ruins their origins.

Other thoughts:

It felt like I was watching Iron Man 1-3, with Ultron using all the drones.
It would've been awesome to have Ultron be made of adamantium which he originally was and would have been a nice set up for future movies.
So not a single Avenger made sure that the Hydra base was cleared of all the weapons and alien tech? Yikes not very responsible. Nor did Nick Fury who is always in the know?

Saw it for the second time today in 2d.

This is what I hate about 3d... it makes me miss little details....like UC... I didn't notice that his hand was cut off in the first viewing.  I really hope the DC will add the stuff that was remove for pacing.  Like how did the Twins know where to find Ultron in the church or how did he create his second form after the fight in the tower?

Honestly I don't think there was a good reason to have killed off Quicksilver like that.  He could have been part of the team.  If anything they could have used that scene to kill off Hawkeye. 

Anyone noticed that in the video message to BW, the baby's middle name is Pietro?

I enjoyed the music but heard a lot of  Alan Silvestri's music from the first avengers movie... and a bit of the music from IM3 when the hulkbuster was being assembled for the first time.

So it's not Veronica (hulk buster armor)..it's the name of the armory craft used to deploy the parts for the HB Armor. 

Tony has made so many suites that they all do the same and nothing really sticks out anymore.

I really wished the AI inside the scepter was some sort of imprisoned alien conciseness or that Tony imprinted part of his personality into it as during the movie Ultron did show some characteristics of Tony's personality.

I don't think Ultron is dead...parts of his code could still be in the internet or inside of the Vision.  I am sure the writers can figure out a way to bring him back for IW. 

Tony is off to do.....what now? 

So pretty much no more use of the Avengers tower?  Just a new base outside of the city?  Well that makes no sense...

Uh, to be fair, the movie has been out for more than a week. It's a little ridiculous to come into a thread devoted to it and expect not to run into spoilers somewhere. My own spoiler tags were a formality I barely bothered to do.

Uh, to be fair, the movie has been out for more than a week. It's a little ridiculous to come into a thread devoted to it and expect not to run into spoilers somewhere. My own spoiler tags were a formality I barely bothered to do.
I've already seen it twice, but that's a hell of a lot of spoilers that someone else may not have been expecting to see.

Well the unofficial policy is that spoiler tags are used for the opening weekend (from the Thursday night showing til Monday morning)...after that if you haven't taken the time to watch a highly anticipated movie (No time/Sold out excuses) then don't come into this thread until after you have seen the movie.... it's like if you were to go to wikipedia and type in the movie, you get the whole plot detailed.

Thought this film was not particularly good. I'm not shitting on Marvel...they had mostly been on a roll with this part of the universe. I thought the first film was great. Winter Soldier was great. Guardians was great. Thor 2 was passable. But man this film dragged ass WAY too much. One of us (not me) walked out with 10 minutes left. I didn't dislike it to that degree, but they could have easily sliced out 20-25 minutes of downtime in this self-indulgent "action movie" with superheros contemplating life for what seemed like an hour at a farmhouse (among other locations). It didn't serve to make the characters "more developed," it just made everything dull.

I'm confident this was just a misstep and future stuff will be fine, but this one left me feeling pretty underwhelmed.

What marvel needs to do is STOP throwing 3d at us.  I haven't seen 3d being properly utilized lately I can't recall any marvel movie since Thor 1(which I think was the first marvel movie in 3d) which the 3d effects were worth the extra cost of the ticket.  I am still debating to see this in a True IMAX Screen (uvar hazy chantilly) because I can't find any real information if it was shot with a true IMAX camera , an IMAX-D camera or just upcoverted to IMAX.  Can anyone confirm this?

What marvel needs to do is STOP throwing 3d at us. I haven't seen 3d being properly utilized lately I can't recall any marvel movie since Thor 1(which I think was the first marvel movie in 3d) which the 3d effects were worth the extra cost of the ticket. I am still debating to see this in a True IMAX Screen (uvar hazy chantilly) because I can't find any real information if it was shot with a true IMAX camera , an IMAX-D camera or just upcoverted to IMAX. Can anyone confirm this?
Don't waste your time. I saw it in IMAX 3D opening night, then in 2D the Monday afterwards. Not a huge difference, really. Not many 3D effects, either. Just overall not worth it.

Well there is a big difference between true IMAX and IMAX-D. Do you recall at ANY point during the movie the screen going from letter box to full frame or was the actual screen square or normal theater wide? When I saw Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar at that Uvar Hazy imax screen it was square tall and it did switch between wide and full for IMAX scenes.

Don't waste your time. I saw it in IMAX 3D opening night, then in 2D the Monday afterwards. Not a huge difference, really. Not many 3D effects, either. Just overall not worth it.

Film's been out for awhile plus I know many of you have pirated it long before it even came out so SPOILERS below...

I thought it was alright. It turned out about how I expected it would - not anything amazing but still fun, just like the first one though I think I might like the first a bit more. I have to admit I liked the more eccentric Ultron we got, as I was really hoping for a serious, death machine no nonsense kinda robot but gotta say it was interesting to see Ultron like this. Though I only approve of this personality because he took his mannerisms after Stark as I thought that was a clever design as otherwise I would have thought it would have been weird to have him be so...different. Also, I couldn't help but think Spader sounded a lot like Jigsaw from Saw with the way they dubbed his voice but that's a good thing.

The twins were okay but it was plain as day they were added in there just for the sake of new characters as that story could have not had either of them and it still would have went the same.

Are you for real bro?

Don't come here and make that stupid comment about piracy. We all go out there and pay for the over priced tickets to see this in the big screen and deafening surround sound.

Film's been out for awhile plus I know many of you have pirated it long before it even came out so SPOILERS below...

Are you for real bro?

Don't come here and make that stupid comment about piracy. We all go out there and pay for the over priced tickets to see this in the big screen and deafening surround sound.
Considering we are on a site that caters to a bunch of cheapasses, yes. That and there are literally discussions on this site about people doing it. I hope you're being sarcastic if you're trying to imply people don't do that here.

I think it was more of a comment about this specific thread because as far as I can see there was no discussion of that in here. It kinda came off as saying everyone in here pirated it, and if we had discussed details before it came out that'd be fair but wasn't really necessary in this particular thread.

bread's done
Back