AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

Who owns the word Venom in DC? I thought for sure that was the drug being used in Gotham last episode but it was called Viper? Or maybe there is a viper I'm unaware of?

I think it was Adamantium in the 90's cartoons and some adaptations use an Adamantium/Vibranium alloy, but in the mainstream 616 universe it has always been vibranium.

Who owns the word Venom in DC? I thought for sure that was the drug being used in Gotham last episode but it was called Viper? Or maybe there is a viper I'm unaware of?
The drug that was being handed out was Viper, but they mention Venom being the improved version, minus your bones turning to dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Rhodes sighting in the trailer!
it's been known that Rhodes would be in avengers 2.... how much...is unknown. I still can't believe that Tony is allowing for the US government to use his tech. Iron Man 2 brought up some interesting issues that should have been explored... but never were. I don't see why SLJ needs to be in future movies anymore as he "quit" being director of shield. For him to take off the patch and then put it back again for A2...that totally defeats the purpose of him leaving the past behind him.

I don't see why SLJ needs to be in future movies anymore as he "quit" being director of shield. For him to take off the patch and then put it back again for A2...that totally defeats the purpose of him leaving the past behind him.
Avengers 2 doesn't happen the day after Captain America 2 ends. The year between those films passes and is explored in Agents of Shield Season 2. Regardless of what Nick Fury is actually up to in Europe (he's not just taking a break), it's not unreasonable for him to return to SHIELD after some time passes.

Looks really awesome, and I can't wait to see it. I imagine we'll see a few more better trailers before it releases. 

I say for shits and giggles that WB should release the SDCC BvS teaser in HD.  Just to say to the people, yeah, A2 is next year, but the year  after that boom we are coming in hard!

So there is a footage leaked from the announcement session the other day with Steve and Tony chopping wood at some farm.

Based on what I can tell, it looks like it happens at the end of the movie...maybe this is the final scene or teaser leading up to CA3:CW? 

I think one of the twins dies.  SW shows Thor something that made him go "hmmmm..."

From the sounds of it, the team does break up or disagree big time about something.

It's pretty amazing Marvel is going to put out 21 movies in about 10 years and basically have almost no changes in actors.

Official Trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoO8QVMxkk

All this, and they still haven't shown off The Vision...

Although this trailer showed more, it didn't have that kick that made the first trailer awesome.   As I predicted after the first Avengers movie, that for A2 they would do a marathon of all films leading up to the new one..

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/416217-the-ultimate-marvel-marathon-to-be-shown-at-amc-and-regal-theaters#/slide/1

6:00pm IRON MAN

8:25pm THE INCREDIBLE HULK

10:35pm IRON MAN 2

1:00am THOR

3:10am CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

5:30am THE AVENGERS

8:48am IRON MAN 3

11:15am THOR: THE DARK WORLD

1:45pm CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

4:20pm GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

7:00pm AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (RealD® 3D)

From what I can tell the major theater chains aren't showing the marathon in their largest screens, which would be RPX, IMAX, ETX, and so on.  I am glad they are doing a double feature for the two Avengers movies which makes sense.  What makes me even more happier is that gone is the damn midnight showings of years ago.  It use to be fun, now it's just too much of a PITA to stay up that late.  They are showing A2 at 7pm in my area, which works out well for us.

It would be super cool to do the marathon, however it's not really worth it considering how long you are going to be in the theater, the only place for food will be from the theater itself as I am sure they will have a strict no outside food policy checking bags and so on. 

Here we go!!!!  Less than 90 mins til the East coast 7pm showings!

Man oh man to those who are still at the marvel movie marathon that started last night...good grief...

My buddy and I went to the double feature in my area and he's not a huge fan but he loved this one. Even liked it better than the 1st Avengers movie. I both love and hate those showings as it's fun to watch with other fans, but I hate the need for people to clap during movies. Hate it.

I both love and hate those showings as it's fun to watch with other fans, but I hate the need for people to clap during movies. Hate it.
This.

I'll never understand the lack of intelligence of the unwashed masses.

I'm going to see it on Tuesday in IMAX 3D for $8, as one local theater chain does $5 movies on Tuesday, $8 for the premium stuff like IMAX/IMAX 3D.   Vacation day FTW!

Here's the RT link for it, currently at 75%:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_age_of_ultron/

I read over some of the negative reviews and think it's more a case of those people doing the bad reviews not being the "right" audience for this type of movie.  For anyone that's seen it, check out one of more of the negative reviews on the RT link above and see if you'd agree with my assessment.

Went last night and I really liked it.  It was missing a few things and had some WTF moments but overall pretty good.  Seeing it in 3D tonight.

I saw it today, it was good.  Definitely has problems and I wouldn't rate this very high in my MCU favorite movie list, but I enjoyed my time with it.  I'm not sure if Whedon didn't try as hard or the studio had too much input.  This is basically Avengers 1.5, it was almost identical in tone and didn't do anything new.  Scarlet Witch stole the show for me, she was by far my favorite part.

I saw it today, it was good. Definitely has problems and I wouldn't rate this very high in my MCU favorite movie list, but I enjoyed my time with it. I'm not sure if Whedon didn't try as hard or the studio had too much input. This is basically Avengers 1.5, it was almost identical in tone and didn't do anything new. Scarlet Witch stole the show for me, she was by far my favorite part.
That's pretty much my biggest problem with it. Way too similar to the first Avengers movie.

I really enjoyed this movie the other night.

The only thing that annoyed me is that for the first time in years some parent had the balls to bring 4 under 8 years of age kids with him and they were bouncing in their seats or getting up to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes for the first 20 mins of the movie.  Even after giving them dirty stares the father just gave me a dirty stare back... fuck you dude.

Anyways

Enjoyed the fact that they had the new star wars and batman vs superman trailers. 

-I liked the time the movie took to spend time with the characters.

-So there is no more JARVIS just the Vision?

-I liked the way Spaider (sp?) portrayed Ultron.  It didn't feel like he was a cookie cutter villain.

-I liked Days of Future's past' Quicksilver better than AOU's. 

-Since I have not followed SHIELD lately, is the new Avengers base the new SHIELD HQ wit Fury back in charge of SHIELD instead of Culson?

-Stan Lee's Cameo was hilarious.

-You can tell quite a bit was cut out from the trailers.  There was a scene in one of the trailers where it looks like Ultron was fusing Viberinum.

-I was surprised that Ultron upgraded is body so quickly when the twins encountered him for the first time.

-Sooo...when it comes down to it, it was basically Tony's fault for everything that happened right?  Scarlett Witch pretty much gave him the push again...

-I am assuming that vision she gave him was a hint at a *second* Chitari invasion down the road?

-I really liked the Hulkbuster (veronica armor, why couldn't they call it the Hulk Buster armor???) vs Hulk fight.   I was thinking how the hell is this going to end??? Oh ok drop a building on top of him and side punch him like what Hulk did to Thor in A1. 

-I was wondering why Avengers Tower was no longer being used for their headquarters? is it because Tony walked away and no longer supporting them?

-I found it strange that Ultron was downloading himself into the new body at an extremely slow rate and from the feet first.

-So could it be that *some* of Ultron's code still be inside of The Vision? Hmmm...does open the possibility.

-Give the fact that the Mind Gem is now inside of the Vision, does it mean it will die when Thanos takes it out of him for his IG?

-I miss the bulky War machine Armor from IM2. 

-Soooo Rhode doesn't work for the military anymore and can join the avengers???

-I liked the "Missing Person" case that Falcon was following up on (Nod to the search for the winter solider) 

-Hawkeye can now be retired as no one gives a shit about him in the MCU....good. Oh yeah I loved that move he did to SW and comment about already been brainwashed before.

-Argh...what the hell is up with the AVENGERS title logo being just plain...  I really like the "A" logo as seen in the trailers and posters.

-No free collectible 3d glasses at my RPX 3d showing..boo

-Oh yea 27 dollars for large popcorn/large drink and t-shirt with topper...what a rip off..don't get it.

-Wait how the hell can you get a helicarrier out of Mothball?  Something that big requires a hell of a crew to operate and with SHIELD is pieces ....argh I guess I need to watch AOS...

-I liked the music and it seemed they used quite a bit of the themes from A1...yet it's not the same composer ...hmmm..

-I really liked that statue rotation thing they did for the end credits... That was really cool.

Overall I enjoyed myself and am curious how CA3: CW will turn out.

@ITDEFX, you really didn't miss much on AOS going into Avengers, the beginning of the movie plays into what happened at end of the last episode on AOS.

Shield is trying to reorganize, they have some struggle with in, they attack a Hydra base and Coulson finds within the Hydra database  another base with the Loki scepter, Fury comes out of hiding, they assemble the Avengers.

My thoughts are (and no real spoilers) 
Disappointed in no real use of Falcon (I've never liked him until I saw Winter Soldier, I like this guy), and that it was basically the Hawkeye show (still hate himm don't necessarily dislike Renner, though I swear he looks 60 in some of his shots).  This movie also made me dislike Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner more than ever, but not just because I liked Edward Norton a hundred times better, but also because Ruffalo is a very wooden actor, and all I could see was a very badly made Pinocchio acting out his parts.  
Vision was interesting, and very well done

Few things I wish they had done.

-No Coulson? Was really hoping for at least a cameo where all the Avengers see him alive.
-Why did Falcon only show up to play pool? He couldnt be involved in the city rescue at the end?
-Did I miss a movie setting up Hulk/Black Widow? She was all over Cap in Winter Soldier and that was just dropped like a rock.

-By now Tony/Steve should have figured it out that Coulson is alive and well...I don't understand why they just don't come out and say it. From what I saw in the last episode of AOS, didn't Coulson said something like time to send in the Avengers...ummm who orders the Avengers around?

-I think they were just trying to build him up for the next movie.

-Yeah maybe more H/BW romance was cut from the final film but we should see that in the BR. I don't think she was all over CA in WS.

Anyways Too bad about Strucker (sp?) I thought I read somewhere that killing him would release some sort of death spores that would destroy all life on earth....yet Ultron killed him off...boo..

We will just have to see how AOS connects this in the aftermath of the events of the movie.

Few things I wish they had done.

-No Coulson? Was really hoping for at least a cameo where all the Avengers see him alive.
-Why did Falcon only show up to play pool? He couldnt be involved in the city rescue at the end?
-Did I miss a movie setting up Hulk/Black Widow? She was all over Cap in Winter Soldier and that was just dropped like a rock.

Apparently F.R.I.D.A.Y. is the new AI to replace JARVIS after he uploaded him into Vision
 It's in the spoiler

Yeah I know that... maybe I should have just rephrased that question to what does FRIDAY stand for or who plays the voice of FRIDAY?

Apparently F.R.I.D.A.Y. is the new AI to replace JARVIS after he uploaded him into Vision
It's in the spoiler

Kerry Condon, apparently, but not sure what F.R.I.D.A.Y. stands for maybe, For Realsies I Don't Always Yell

oh yeah? What is FRIDAY?
This is the apparent reference for that.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-Age-Ultron-Sneaks-An-Obscure-Marvel-Comic-Character-71228.html

So, Tony Stark has a new J.A.R.V.I.S., a replacement for the A.I. that now inhabits the body of The Vision. But while I initially thought this was a clever reference by Joss Whedon to Howard Hawks’ masterful His Girl Friday (because Stark has plenty of Cary Grant in him), it turns out, after doing some research, I found that this likely is, in fact, a deep-cut reference to a creation of Tony’s on the Earth-616 timeline. In this existence, Stark – needing a virtual assistant – created the hologram of a young woman and named her F.R.I.D.A.Y. At first, the F.R.I.D.A.Y. personality was happy and helpful. Gradually, it worked against Tony… the way that a teenager would rebel against a parent. To be honest, I’m not entirely familiar with the character. It sounds like she was short-lived, but relevant enough for Whedon to slyly reference her.

Saw the film yesterday.  I tried to stay away from the trailers as I have started to do with most films now.  I like to see just one trailer and never see any more as I feel they give too much away.  I walked out and really didn't care.  It was a good film, but really nothing special. After the first Avengers all of the Marvel films haven't been really all that good, when compared to the first set of films.  They all are starting to feel forced.  I liked the film, but when I walked out of the theater I just felt it wasn't anything special.  I was glad I didn't buy into any of the hype as I would have felt a lot different about the film.  Maybe I did buy into it and that's why the film just felt like it was lacking.

Seems odd that Coulson didn't make an appearance considering the way AoS ended last week.  I wonder if he just ended up on the cutting room floor with the Loki scene.

I thought it was okay. I thought Guardian of the Galaxy was better. It didn't felt new and all those trailers they released spoiled the movie. It was really hard to avoid the trailers too when your out catching other movies.

I never saw any of the trailers. watched the movie on Saturday. It was ok but... it was just ok. I liked the first avengers much better. I'm also very uninterested in seeing avengers 3 since all my favorite heroes are now gone besides captain america. Didnt like any of the new guys. Saw the trailer to AntMan, now that got my attention.

Just got out of the theater. Loved it. The battles had a bit too much brown, green, and tan in them and I think the plot was a bit too big for a single movie, but I feel it was still well done. All the characters got a bunch of spotlight and development moments while still giving Pietro and Wanda enough meat to be real characters.

My only real complaints are:

- No Coulson or Falcon in the finale. WTF? I know Falcon was off finding Bucky, but it was weird seeing War Machine but not Falcon.

- No Pepper or Jane. I know the movie was crammed as it was, but their no-shows at the beginning was a bit annoying.

- Cutting off "Avengers, Assemble!" was not cool, Joss.

- Part of me likes this Ultron, but another part really misses his comic head. Yea, I know the drones had it, but I really hate it when robot heads are as fluid as a human's.

- Did I miss something? Avengers 1 had Banner in mostly full control of Hulk, but this movie he was back to being too hard to handle.

- Why does the Super secret spy have neon blue Tron lines on her outfit?

I actually felt sorry for Ultron at the end of the movie.   I do believe there is a strong possibility that the Vision absorbed Ultron into himself. 

Just got the 3d glasses made for the movie in. Still no Hawkeye themed ones and the Hulk themed glasses have eyebrows. It's a little weird.

Saw it last night.  I also think the first was better.  The first phase was better.  It flowed smoothly setting the stage for The Avengers while the second phase seemed all over the place.  Then when the film came we were hit with a lot of elements that came out of nowhere - plots that could have been developed in the phase films leading up to AoU.

I wouldn't mind going to see it again though.

bread's done
Back