AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

Got back from it, and IMO it's easily better than all the other Marvel Studios movies combined. Had some good humor, good action, and I can't really think of any parts where I was bored.

I also liked that Tony Stark was less of an asshole and more of a smartass.

No new Spider-Man trailer, which was disappointing. I know I can watch it online, but I prefer to see it a theater. Did get TDKR trailer though. Everyone was being loud, but once that trailer showed up the theater was silent, then there was cheering and applause after. I can only think of one other time when that's happened for a preview.

saw it at midnite and it was good, a lil too many cheesy moments but still fun but def cant wait for dark knight. heres the trailers i saw:
Battleship
The Dictator
Dark Knight
Prometheus
Spider Man
Frankenweenie
Brave

SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was such a good fun movie to watch!

3D was beautiful! Esp the last 30 mins!

Finally, a film that felt like a real comicbook movie!

Best line:
"...I'm always angry!" BAM!

Epic. This is truly a live comic book movie. The most fun movie experience I have had. Although I'm still looking forward to TDKR, I can't see how I'll end up liking it better than this...specially since the trailers for it seem to make it look pretty bland.

Got back from the Marathon not too long ago. It was only 5 movies (they cut out Hulk), but its ok. I still had a good time and our theater wasn't too crowded. They handed out the special glasses to the IMAX and RDX folks but a guy was kind enough to give me a pair as we were leaving :)

It was fun getting to know other ppl in the theater and talking about what we liked, didn't like and generally nerding out :)

We didn't get ANY previews at all...I was kind of disappointed cuz I wanted to see TDKR preview :( but oh well.

@ITDEFX - Which AMC did you go to? It looks oddly familiar

[quote name='PR Mega X']Spoken like a true movie snob.
[/QUOTE]

You mean film snob.

Only the uneducated refer to films as movies.

[quote name='whoknows']You mean film snob. Only the uneducated refer to films as movies.[/QUOTE]

So that means the vast majority are now "uneducated" since that's what people call them.

[quote name='whoknows']Waiting in line for it now. It's crazy busy, they even closed off part of the parking lot for lines. Also someone came dressed up as Green Lantern :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol awesome

[quote name='PR Mega X']Spoken like a true movie snob.

Also: just got to sit in a real chair for the first time in about 14 hours. The Avengers is a ton of fun -- I loved the entire thing.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Golden Idol though. The story and themes that Nolan induces into his film are meant to make the audience think more after the movie closes.

[quote name='Donut2922']The story and themes that Nolan induces into his film are meant to make the audience think more after the movie closes.[/QUOTE]

True, but that doesn't necessarily make the movie more enjoyable for all viewers. Me, I like most of the Marvel movies better than The Dark Knight. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd rather watch a lighter-toned movie over and over than a long and exhausting one.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']Got back from the Marathon not too long ago. It was only 5 movies (they cut out Hulk), but its ok. I still had a good time and our theater wasn't too crowded. They handed out the special glasses to the IMAX and RDX folks but a guy was kind enough to give me a pair as we were leaving :)

It was fun getting to know other ppl in the theater and talking about what we liked, didn't like and generally nerding out :)

We didn't get ANY previews at all...I was kind of disappointed cuz I wanted to see TDKR preview :( but oh well.

@ITDEFX - Which AMC did you go to? It looks oddly familiar[/QUOTE]

AMC tyson's corner mall, VA

Although it was just the previews, I feel like kinda jipped that they showed previously viewed trailers instead of the newest ones. That's been happening a lot in my area...like I would get to see the newest trailers ONLINE and get the old trailers infront of new movies that weekend.

I would have loved to seen the reaction to the expendables 2 last night. I am sure everyone would have cheered at Arnold's "I'm back!" line...the reaction would have been worth it... heck even the GI Joe 2 trailer should have been on here.

Either theater owners are becoming lazy or studios aren't pushing the trailers fast enough.

Sucks for anyone coming the last hour before the movie starts trying to find a good seat...everyone around me was lying to people coming late saying "that seat is taken" next to them. But I guess that is what you get for coming in late to one of the most highly anticipated movies of the year.

Sucks for
Agent Coulsin....I kinda actually liked the guy..

Movie was fantastic, 3D was fantastic, and Scarlett Johannson was fantastic.

Also glad Cobie Smulders got some good (if limited) action scenes.

WOOO!

[quote name='eastx']True, but that doesn't necessarily make the movie more enjoyable for all viewers. Me, I like most of the Marvel movies better than The Dark Knight. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd rather watch a lighter-toned movie over and over than a long and exhausting one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - different strokes for different folks. I prefer Nolan-esque type of films but I'm not sure TDKR would be a bigger box office smash over the Avengers. Whenever somebody chimes in with a different comic movie in the Avengers thread there's bound to be a debate to arise.

I'm taking work off today to watch Avengers, bitches :D

So after seeing it, I can honestly say that it's my favorite super hero film. Whedon really did an excellent job playing with each character/actor's strengths. I loved just about all the dialogue,

On to my thoughts about the after movie teaser!

I just knew, ever since Guardians of the Galaxy was announced, that it was going to be Thanos. Then when the Chituari popped up, that sealed the deal. I'm just curious if they are going to push Thanos as a serious bad dude in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, if that still happens, similar to what they did with Loki in Thor. By that, I mean give the main villain some proper screen time before pushing him in an Avengers movie.

I'm going to steal this line from someone else, but...

For the 1st time in a long time, I actually felt that I was watching a real superhero comic book movie.

It's not a suspense thriller, it's not trying to be dark and edgy. It was just a fun comic book film.

I loved how each character had their own signature moment in the film.

Hulk had the best one IMHO (he had like 3). The one where he says "I'm always angry" was wow! Iron Man when he got thrown off the building, wow! Hawkeye w/ only 1 arrow left! Cap when he battled the aliens atop of the taxi while barking out orders! Thor calling Mjolnir vs Hulk, all wow!

Me and my friends came out of the movie planning to see it again :cool:

Oh yeah, saw it in 3D and while it really didn't do much for the 1st hour of the film, the last hour or so with all the battles is a must see in 3D!

I still can't believe that there's no movie tie-in game. WTH is up with that? The concept that was leaked a few months ago looks pretty cool.

[quote name='GhostShark']So after seeing it, I can honestly say that it's my favorite super hero film. Whedon really did an excellent job playing with each character/actor's strengths. I loved just about all the dialogue,

On to my thoughts about the after movie teaser!

I just knew, ever since Guardians of the Galaxy was announced, that it was going to be Thanos. Then when the Chituari popped up, that sealed the deal. I'm just curious if they are going to push Thanos as a serious bad dude in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, if that still happens, similar to what they did with Loki in Thor. By that, I mean give the main villain some proper screen time before pushing him in an Avengers movie.
[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:#

You think that
Avengers will team up with Guardians of the Galaxy?

:hot:

[quote name='Jcaugustine']:whistle2:#

You think that

:hot:[/QUOTE]

who's that? is it like the JLC?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I still can't believe that there's no movie tie-in game. WTH is up with that? The concept that was leaked a few months ago looks pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

LP....are you serious? You really spend your money on movie tie in games?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']:whistle2:#

You think that

:hot:[/QUOTE]

That is certainly a possibility. Maybe not the entire team, but Nova could easily replace Hawkeye in the movie. WILD INTERNET SPECULATION.

I really loved the movie and will see it again and will continue to see marvel movies well into the future.... but I'm concerned the more casual movie-goer and less of comic book enthusiats will give up on them after a certain point. Anyone else think the superhero movie bubble is due to burst sooner or later?

Saw it this morning, absolutely loved it, definitely my favorite super hero movie yet. It's funny how Hulk got 2 crappy movies but he is totally amazing in this.

[quote name='tcrash247']Saw it this morning, absolutely loved it, definitely my favorite super hero movie yet. It's funny how Hulk got 2 crappy movies but he is totally amazing in this.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Hulk is just better with other big characters around.

Or maybe they need to make a Hulk movie that's not about him running away from the government.

Also Ruffalo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Norton.

here is a question for you comic nerds...
If the Hulk is now part of the Avengers....does that mean he is pardoned and no longer being hunted by Gen. Ross and the military?

[quote name='ITDEFX']here is a question for you comic nerds...
If the Hulk is now part of the Avengers....does that mean he is pardoned and no longer being hunted by Gen. Ross and the military?[/QUOTE]

I thought they made it clear that SHIELD was tracking him and keeping tabs on him, but not hunting him?

Look how much these 3D glasses are going on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...avengers+3d+glasses&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Ridiculous!!!

Couldn't get my hands on any of these last night :(

PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg

How many of you guys think Marvel will take this direction...

I loved the movie and that put aside. I'm not sure if it has ever been discussed here or how many of you caught it, the Infinity Gauntlet was shown in Odins Vault in Thor. I'm making a big assumption here but I'm guessing they are going to give us a bit more of Thanos in the Thor sequel and then bring it back to earth somehow in the Avenger sequel.

[quote name='skiizim']How many of you guys think Marvel will take this direction...

I loved the movie and that put aside. I'm not sure if it has ever been discussed here or how many of you caught it, the Infinity Gauntlet was shown in Odins Vault in Thor. I'm making a big assumption here but I'm guessing they are going to give us a bit more of Thanos in the Thor sequel and then bring it back to earth somehow in the Avenger sequel.
[/QUOTE]
Totally forgot about that.

So in the Marvel universe there are a total of 9 realms, and the "aliens" are basically just beings in another "realm" right? Thanos may have some beef with Odin.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I thought they made it clear that SHIELD was tracking him and keeping tabs on him, but not hunting him?[/QUOTE]

Yes I remembered that scene and I did remember that they were preventing other groups from finding him..so I assumed she was talking about Ross and his team......... But see now everyone knows where is Banner
off to work for Stark at Stark (the Avengers) tower in NYC.

Fury's line about not knowing where the Avengers are......well
-BW can't quit because she's a shield agent.
-HE can't quit because he's a shield agent.
-They know where Stark is (CA/NYC).
-They know where BB is (most likely working for Stark at the tower)
-Captain America belongs to the US military.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not always, but there have been some good gems. Check out the trailer, it looks fun:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to disagree there -- I was expecting (and sort of hoping for) a tie-in game, but I don't like what I see in that trailer.

[quote name='whoknows']Also Ruffalo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Norton.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I had no idea who Mark Ruffalo was before hearing he was cast as Banner, but I fucking loved him in this movie. He did an excellent job.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Look how much these 3D glasses are going on ebay:

Couldn't get my hands on any of these last night :([/QUOTE]

I didn't see them at my theater, but I did the marathon, so they probably held them for people gong to the single movie.

During one of the bathroom breaks, I saw an Acura/Avengers tie-in going on in the theater next door. It was a screening of The Avengers, and everyone that went in got a canvas bag with some sort of keychain and a mini poster. One of the people in my theater came back with one in hand, and said they had extras -- the theater cleared out as people went to snag them. Sadly, they were gone before I was able to get one :cry:

[quote name='PR Mega X']Absolutely. I had no idea who Mark Ruffalo was before hearing he was cast as Banner, but I fucking loved him in this movie. He did an excellent job.[/QUOTE]
Mark Ruffalo was super charming in 13 Going on 30, which is a surprisingly good female take on the movie Big. Definitely worth a watch, especially with a significant other.

[quote name='dohdough']I'm going to see this later tonight. How much will I have to turn off my brain?[/QUOTE]

Not as much as you'd expect. Just a little bit! :D

I was extremely hesitant upon hearing that Mark Ruffalo would be playing Banner in the Avengers, but I can safely say that he's now my favorite Banner/Hulk of all-time.

[quote name='Tsel']I was extremely hesitant upon hearing that Mark Ruffalo would be playing Banner in the Avengers, but I can safely say that he's now my favorite Banner/Hulk of all-time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he was fantastic. Hulk stole the show, but Ruffalo nailed it with his quiet intensity.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...avengers+3d+glasses&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Ridiculous!!!

PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg
[/QUOTE]
My local theater was one of them that had the all day marathon and they gave those out to the first 100. I was tempted to keep mine wrapped up to sell but I'd rather have used them. I enjoyed the movie, especially the after credits scene. It was an interesting movie in the fact that you could hear a pin drop during one scene and then a split second later have a roaring cheer go through the crowd. There were also some premovie 2 minute items shot with Coulson not really explaining the characters but giving a short little rundown of the character and his thoughts. There was also a van out in front of our theater all decked out with the SHIELD logo and what not. Wish I would've gotten a picture.

Thanks for everyone using spoiler tags!!!! Avoided all the spoilers but pumped this is sounding so good. Missed seeing it this afternoon after getting stuck in traffic and have plans tonight so it's 1st viewing in the morning for me. I don't go to the theatre very often haven't been besides junk the gf/dates wanted to see since Captain America IIRC, I guess i'm a Marvel guy lol.

Sucks no game along with this movie, i'm a sucker for super hero games they are usually dumb fun.

Some of you guys had giveaways and also had a SHIELD van parked what?!

In my screening there was a card board Iron Man that looked uncomfortable to sit in. And there were 3 people dressed up as X-Men. There was a Rogue, she was okay I guess. A Wolverine, the Hugh Jackman white T-shirt version. And Cyclops complete with the blue costume / yellow undies and his visor was his Iron Man 3D Glasses.

The one thing that bugged me, was when Black Widow
was cowering in fear after the Hulk first showed up, it was kinda weird how she seemed really fearful and yet there was no explanation

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The one thing that bugged me, was when Black Widow
was cowering in fear after the Hulk first showed up, it was kinda weird how she seemed really fearful and yet there was no explanation
[/QUOTE]
She got scared even during that scene when they first meet and she asks him to join them.

Couldn't stay for the 2nd credit clean up crew was there and just eye balling everyone after the 1st end credit. I'll just search youtube for it.

Ridiculous!!!

PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg
[/QUOTE]
My theater only had the original black ones none of these. =[

[quote name='$hady']Thanks for everyone using spoiler tags!!!! Avoided all the spoilers but pumped this is sounding so good. Missed seeing it this afternoon after getting stuck in traffic and have plans tonight so it's 1st viewing in the morning for me. I don't go to the theatre very often haven't been besides junk the gf/dates wanted to see since Captain America IIRC, I guess i'm a Marvel guy lol.

Sucks no game along with this movie, i'm a sucker for super hero games they are usually dumb fun.[/QUOTE]
Know how to avoid spoilers about something? Avoid the thread dedicated to a discussion on it.

[quote name='PR Mega X']

During one of the bathroom breaks, I saw an Acura/Avengers tie-in going on in the theater next door. It was a screening of The Avengers, and everyone that went in got a canvas bag with some sort of keychain and a mini poster. One of the people in my theater came back with one in hand, and said they had extras -- the theater cleared out as people went to snag them. Sadly, they were gone before I was able to get one :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sadly there are more eb/cl flippers who want to make 50 bucks on free stuff they get from these events more than just keeping them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The one thing that bugged me, was when Black Widow
[/QUOTE]

Well do you really think she could have taken on the Hulk is such a confined area of the ship? I'd be oh fuck...this guy is bullet proof and can hurt me.
RUN BITCH!! RUN!! I was really tempted to say that last night...I'm sure it would have caused laughter in the theater.

I don't know about you guys, but it just seemed that there was no theater contests or managers coming out and thanking everyone for coming and so on... When I saw IM/TIC/SM3 management came out and thanked everyone and gave out stuff...

Our theater was good, at least toward the marathon group. They had this same crew member coming in between the movies chatting and doing little question items and what not. It was pretty fun actually and made the 15 hours fairly enjoyable. I didn't want to kill anyone so that was a plus.

I'd have to say this is my favorite comic book movie mainly because it felt like I was watching an actual live action comic book. The others were based on comic characters but this one had a true comic book vibe to it. Especially during the big battle.

Just got back. Very fun movie.

Agent Coulsen dying was unexpected. I liked that guy too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Thanos considering the Infinity Gaunlet series.

[quote name='dohdough']Just got back. Very fun movie.

Agent Coulsen dying was unexpected. I liked that guy too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Thanos considering the Infinity Gaunlet series.
[/QUOTE]

There were rumors that
Coulson would be turned into Vision and it was to be one of the post credits...but that didn't happen :/

bread's done
Back