AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

[quote name='dohdough']Just got back. Very fun movie.

Agent Coulsen dying was unexpected. I liked that guy too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Thanos considering the Infinity Gaunlet series.
[/QUOTE]

That was Thanos....? I assumed it was a Skrull

[quote name='Rodimus']
[/QUOTE]
Nope, why else
would they bring up courting death?

This quote is not my quote...but is my favorite one to describe this movie...

"It's as if god came in the theatre movie room and said "Let there be EPICNESS!" "

Off to see movie for 2nd time...and eventually 3rd time!!

Caught it last night in Imax 3D. Thought it was very good. Not blown away like many seem to be, but still a solid and entertaining action flick.

Not my favorite comic book based movie though, definitely behind the Nolan Batman's for me, and I'd say I liked the Iron Man movies, the first two X-men and Spiderman movies and X-Men First Class more.

That's just me though, I'm not much into the Avenger characters other than Iron Man, and think Loki is a pretty lame villain. So given that, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked the movie.

[quote name='Rodimus']
[/QUOTE]

While Thanos/Skrulls have similar faces, that was most certainly a pinkish-purple hue to his face. I'm curious if he's going to be CG like the Hulk or not.

[quote name='bardockkun']Nope, why else
[/QUOTE]

Both Thanos and Skrulls have that chin thing going on so I wasn't sure. Couldn't make out if they're going with Secret Invasion or Infinity Gems. BTW Thanos is my favorite comic book villian of all time.

[quote name='bardockkun']Nope, why else
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why it's Thanos and not a Skrull, etc. Thanos was in love with Death, the entity, hence "courting Death." Will Death be in the next movie as well? Doubtful, but the dialog was chosen for a reason.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
That's exactly why it's Thanos and not a Skrull, etc. Thanos was in love with Death, the entity, hence "courting Death." Will Death be in the next movie as well? Doubtful, but the dialog was chosen for a reason.
[/QUOTE]

I Know. Was justifying why it was him. I Guess my writing came off as a bit ham fisted.

[quote name='GUNNM']So did anyone see the 2nd credit? Does it add anything to the movie?>[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure everyone here saw it and no.

[quote name='GUNNM']So did anyone see the 2nd credit? Does it add anything to the movie?>[/QUOTE]

No, it was
the Avengers sitting in a beat to shit fast food place eating what I guess was what Stark was talking about after Hulk snatched him out of the air. No dialogue, just them eating silently for like 20 seconds.

[quote name='dohdough']I'm pretty sure everyone here saw it and no.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get the chance clean up crew came in and just stood there waiting for everyone to leave as soon as the movie ended and a huge line was already forming outside for the next showing.
[quote name='tcrash247']No, it was
the Avengers sitting in a beat to shit fast food place eating what I guess was what Stark was talking about after Hulk snatched him out of the air. No dialogue, just them eating silently for like 20 seconds.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

So what's the ETA on a mark ruffalo hulk re-boot? I liked him as david banner

Wasn't worth the 10 minutes of credits.

[quote name='GUNNM']I didn't get the chance clean up crew came in and just stood there waiting for everyone to leave as soon as the movie ended and a huge line was already forming outside for the next showing.

Thank you.

So what's the ETA on a mark ruffalo hulk re-boot? I liked him as david banner[/QUOTE]

Bruce*

And so far, Marvel and Disney have said they have no plans to make another Hulk film even though they just signed Ruffalo to play Banner/Hulk in 6 more movies. They'd be pretty dumb not cash in on the Hulk right now. The majority of fans have said they loved the Hulk most in the movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The end second scene was not worth it....[/QUOTE]

That. was. the. point...

Whedon was blatantly trolling. The entire scene was a nod to how everyone gets worked up for post-credits scenes and how the entire Avengers buildup was based on the post-credit scenes. It was all about buildup without payoff which was enforced even more with the way each character had a moment where they drew in a deep breath like they were going to start talking but then didn't.

Yeah, I usually just check online and see what the ending scenes are as they're usually not worth sitting through the credits for. Can always watch them later on Bluray when I can fast forward the credits.

I did catch the first one as no one in our row was leaving by that point so we couldn't get out anyway. Thankfully people left after that scene.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That. was. the. point...

Whedon was blatantly trolling. The entire scene was a nod to how everyone gets worked up for post-credits scenes and how the entire Avengers buildup was based on the post-credit scenes. It was all about buildup without payoff which was enforced even more with the way each character had a moment where they drew in a deep breath like they were going to start talking but then didn't.
[/QUOTE]
Pretty much.

Absolutely nothing really happens. It's like an episode of Seinfeld where someone casually mentions something and at the end of the episode, there's a call-back to it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I usually just check online and see what the ending scenes are as they're usually not worth sitting through the credits for. Can always watch them later on Bluray when I can fast forward the credits.

I did catch the first one as no one in our row was leaving by that point so we couldn't get out anyway. Thankfully people left after that scene.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha...you have good self-control. I can't say the same for myself.

[quote name='GhostShark']
While Thanos/Skrulls have similar faces, that was most certainly a pinkish-purple hue to his face. I'm curious if he's going to be CG like the Hulk or not.
[/QUOTE]
Would love to see that!

avengersvsthanos.jpg

hulkvsthanos.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedvsBlue']That. was. the. point...

[/QUOTE]

Well I read somewhere that...
it was like if you were a big Josh Whedon fan and his work you would "get it".... well I enjoyed Firefly...but its been years since I have watched it...but oh well if everyone gets a big kick out of the avengers eating and not saying anything then so be it...

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well I read somewhere that...
it was like if you were a big Josh Whedon fan and his work you would "get it".... well I enjoyed Firefly...but its been years since I have watched it...but oh well if everyone gets a big kick out of the avengers eating and not saying anything then so be it...
[/QUOTE]

Joss

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well I read somewhere that...
[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be insulting here but sometimes I think you strive to be dense. It's not that you are the least bit unintelligent but rather you have this tendency to wildly overanalyze things.
No one is laughing or getting a kick out of what's happening in the scene. They're laughing at the statement the scene makes which is, just because it's a post credit scene doesn't mean it is advancing any story or message.

The reason Whedon fans would get a kick out of it is because he's one of those directors that likes to play with the audience and flirt with the 4th wall.

It all basically comes down to whether you can laugh at yourself. We've all come to expect post credits scenes to be these big over the top Easter egg type things, particularly with regard to Avenger related properties and instead of that we were given a scene that did absolutely nothing. It was essentially a director's practicial joke on all of us that strive for that little bit extra in comic movies.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Would love to see that!

avengersvsthanos.jpg

hulkvsthanos.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yes!

----

As far as the 2nd credit scene, the 40 or so people who stayed behind just kept cracking up!

We're actually going to see it again tonight, and planning on gettins some Shawarma's afterwards!

I have to agree with that one guy, why are you judging extra material you got free of charge

you paid for the movie, you saw it

hey for being a fan, you get these two scenes

enjoy it!, its like preorder bonuses, if your preorder code was for a crummy costume, so? its extra free of charge

how many people went to there local gyros shop after the movie? I know i did.

I wonder how much this movie will increase there overall sales. Probably negligible but it definitely influenced where i went for dinner today.

Oh and great movie overall. What was more creepy was watching the 5-8 year old girls wet themselves at the promethius trailer

I saw this and I loved it. Loved the hell out of this movie. Its the first movie in a long time that I want to see again.

What's interesting to me is that I was thinking about Michael Bay. Now for the record, I never liked Michael Bay. I always thought he was a shitty director and his movies were overblown crap. These were my feelings about him before watching the Avengers.

Now that I finally watched this movie, it seem to make his movies seem worse- if that is even possible.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm not trying to be insulting here but sometimes I think you strive to be dense. It's not that you are the least bit unintelligent but rather you have this tendency to wildly overanalyze things.
No one is laughing or getting a kick out of what's happening in the scene. They're laughing at the statement the scene makes which is, just because it's a post credit scene doesn't mean it is advancing any story or message.

The reason Whedon fans would get a kick out of it is because he's one of those directors that likes to play with the audience and flirt with the 4th wall.

It all basically comes down to whether you can laugh at yourself. We've all come to expect post credits scenes to be these big over the top Easter egg type things, particularly with regard to Avenger related properties and instead of that we were given a scene that did absolutely nothing. It was essentially a director's practicial joke on all of us that strive for that little bit extra in comic movies.
[/QUOTE]

You bring up some good points... Since I haven't really enjoyed anything outside of Firefly it's hard to see that he was "messing" with the audience... Honestly I think if
the Hulk was in that scene eating with them it would have drawn a big laugh from me.
. I am going to re-watch this movie next week because it's sold out in a lot of theaters right now.

Knew it was going to be EPIC and it didn't disappoint.
Hulk really did steal the show, his punch to Thor and rag doll to Loki were fucking hilarious!

Regarding the last scene..

trolling? Sure, but Tony mentioned he knew of a great Shawrama place. :D

Amazing, amazing movie. So much fun to see with a group. Individuals had their own favorite, and each cheered accordingly at certain scenes. Standing ovation when it ended.. I've only seen that one other time, and that was with The Dark Knight.

Will gladly go see it again.

Anyone think that the 3d was meh ?

I kinda regret that I saw this in IMAX 3d... it didn't have that breath taking feel with the shots of NYC...I dunno but Nolan really knows how to work an IMAX camera to it's full potential.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Knew it was going to be EPIC and it didn't disappoint.
Hulk really did steal the show, his punch to Thor and rag doll to Loki were fucking hilarious!
[/QUOTE]
Hulk was amazing.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Anyone think that the 3d was meh ?

I kinda regret that I saw this in IMAX 3d... it didn't have that breath taking feel with the shots of NYC...I dunno but Nolan really knows how to work an IMAX camera to it's full potential.[/QUOTE]
yeah it was a waste of money

[quote name='Xevious']I saw this and I loved it. Loved the hell out of this movie. Its the first movie in a long time that I want to see again.

What's interesting to me is that I was thinking about Michael Bay. Now for the record, I never liked Michael Bay. I always thought he was a shitty director and his movies were overblown crap. These were my feelings about him before watching the Avengers.

Now that I finally watched this movie, it seem to make his movies seem worse- if that is even possible.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with Michael Bay movies. They're not Shakspeare (and frankly neither is The Avengers or any of the Marvel movies) and they're not trying to be. His movies know exactly what they want to be. They're fun to watch and typically have amazing special effects to look at. I'm perfectly fine watching movies like that.

[quote name='whoknows'] His movies know exactly what they want to be. [/QUOTE]

Transformers 3 didn't know it was a action movie until the last hour.

I kinda regret that I saw this in IMAX 3d... it didn't have that breath taking feel with the shots of NYC...I dunno but Nolan really knows how to work an IMAX camera to it's full potential.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same. The 3D did nothing for me but I really enjoyed it in the IMAX. My only options were normal size screen and IMAX 3D. If normal IMAX was an option I would have seen it on that.

[quote name='sendme']I feel the same. The 3D did nothing for me but I really enjoyed it in the IMAX. My only options were normal size screen and IMAX 3D. If normal IMAX was an option I would have seen it on that.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I love seeing films in imax and think paying 9 for it over the 6 for a normal movie is totally worth it. but for the 3-10 mins of a movie where there is any real 3d to consider and the 15-60 seconds of a movie that your eye actually discerns the 3d enough to enjoy it is not worth 12.50. Super 8 and sucker punch were a total blast in imax 2d where as transformers 3 in 3d was all but useless and avengers though great if i had the 9 dollar imax non 3d choice i would have definitely went that route...

This is why I hate post-converted movies. All the effects are cheap (lens flares, sparks, etc).. Honestly I think RE: Afterlife looked pretty good in 3-d. It's really too bad nothing was really filmed in IMAX.... Nolan and the guy who did MI4 did a really good job utilizing the IMAX camera for those shots. How many times does Hollywood have to shoot the NYC skyline in HD?

So this movie has made over 200 million in the states opening weekend.....I wonder what the second week drop off will be like? Remember Hulk (The first one) made a lot of money the first week then dropped off big time by the second week.

Well at least it beat out harry potter.... Batman is going to destroy the Avengers in terms of BO numbers.

[quote name='ITDEFX']This is why I hate post-converted movies. All the effects are cheap (lens flares, sparks, etc).. Honestly I think RE: Afterlife looked pretty good in 3-d. It's really too bad nothing was really filmed in IMAX.... Nolan and the guy who did MI4 did a really good job utilizing the IMAX camera for those shots. How many times does Hollywood have to shoot the NYC skyline in HD?

So this movie has made over 200 million in the states opening weekend.....I wonder what the second week drop off will be like? Remember Hulk (The first one) made a lot of money the first week then dropped off big time by the second week.

Well at least it beat out harry potter.... Batman is going to destroy the Avengers in terms of BO numbers.[/QUOTE]

Considering next week's "big" release is Dark Shadows, that dropoff isn't going to be very significant... Then again, setting the record of the highest opening weekend of all time might make it difficult to keep that gravy train runnin'.

[quote name='ITDEFX']

So this movie has made over 200 million in the states opening weekend.....I wonder what the second week drop off will be like? Remember Hulk (The first one) made a lot of money the first week then dropped off big time by the second week.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah. A lot of people thought that movie was fucking horrible and by the time week 2 rolled around people knew it. Praise for this film is pretty universal.

Wouldn't be surprised if DKR beat it, but saying it's going to "destroy" the Avengers numbers - not likely

I actually thought the 3d was great, saw it in IMAX 3d too.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Well yeah. A lot of people thought that movie was fucking horrible and by the time week 2 rolled around people knew it. Praise for this film is pretty universal.

Wouldn't be surprised if DKR beat it, but saying it's going to "destroy" the Avengers numbers is not likely.[/QUOTE]

Hulk wasn't that bad as people thought it was. I enjoyed it... Thought the panel effects were neat.

See when a big multi-super hero movie blows up the box office opening weekend, you gotta think what the DC execs are thinking now? It's their fault for not getting their shit together as they KNEW the Avengers movie was coming....4 fucking years (more if you think about it!) since Iron Man 1 and the tease of the Avengers and NO SIGNS of a Justice League? So we get the end of Batman, a reboot of Superman (next year), No Wonder Woman film (The TV pilot never saw the light of day), A so so green lantern movie, No Flash or Martian Manhunter film as well. It could have been started YEARS AGO but no they fucked up (yes I know the DC situation is more complicated with their rights). If DC got smart about it, we should atleast get an a JL movie going before the next Avengers movie comes out......I doubt it because Bale said this was the last batman for him and no one really knows the new superman.

*sigh*

[quote name='ITDEFX']This is why I hate post-converted movies. All the effects are cheap (lens flares, sparks, etc).. Honestly I think RE: Afterlife looked pretty good in 3-d. It's really too bad nothing was really filmed in IMAX.... Nolan and the guy who did MI4 did a really good job utilizing the IMAX camera for those shots. How many times does Hollywood have to shoot the NYC skyline in HD?

Well at least it beat out harry potter.... Batman is going to destroy the Avengers in terms of BO numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the lack of real 3D movies coming from Hollywood as they try and push the technology is really annoying. There is absolutely no reason this film wasn't shot in 3D from the beginning. If they want people to pay extra for the technology then they needs to nut up and buy some 3D fucking cameras.

I haven't seen RE in 3D, but the only post converted movie I have seen that I really thought did an excellent job with it was Alice in Wonderland (the second Harry Potter wasn't too terrible either).

I'm going to go see this tonight, but I don't know if I will see it in 3D or not yet.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Looks like The Avengers helps make up for the bomb that was John Carter.

$200 million dollar opening weekend.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people hated John Carter... I thought it was pretty good...long but good.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yeah the lack of real 3D movies coming from Hollywood as they try and push the technology is really annoying. There is absolutely no reason this film wasn't shot in 3D from the beginning. If they want people to pay extra for the technology then they needs to nut up and buy some 3D fucking cameras.

I haven't seen RE in 3D, but the only post converted movie I have seen that I really thought did an excellent job with it was Alice in Wonderland (the second Harry Potter wasn't too terrible either).

I'm going to go see this tonight, but I don't know if I will see it in 3D or not yet.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere once that less than 35% of a 3-D movie has the 3-D effect applied to it. Something about anything higher than that will cause people to get sick. Studios can afford it and I am sure most directors HATE being told "this movie MUST BE IN 3D!" A waste of time and resources if you ask me. 3DTV sales continue to be crappy from last I read...so why bother.

Some movies that were setup/framed for 3-d look kinda "off" when seeing the normal 2-d version.

I blame Cameron/Avatar for this shit....

I wish I could have seen this in Imax, but those retards keep slapping 3D onto it and force my hand. Anyway the movie was incredible. Some moments felt like Marvel vs Capcom in a way ha. You could just tell they had fun with this, creating tag teams and versus matches.

Finally saw it last night.

Got there at 7 but all the 7-9 pm showings were sold out. Ended up getting a 10:05 showing in 3D. Killed time at the strip, went back in around 9ish and there was already about a hundred people in line that went all the way back outside.

We ended up in the front of the theater, around the 5th row really close to the screen, but it was fantastic in 3D! I've only seen 2 films in 3D but this was probably the best! Must see up close because we definitely felt the 3D effect.

Note to self, if you watch 3D, sit as close to the screen as possible. Any 3D film I watch will now be up close from now on.

Movie was fantastic! The crowd was really into it! We sat next to a family and the kid kept asking his dad where is the Hulk lol. But everybody cheered and it was a great experience.

I recommend 3D and watching it real close as possible to get the full 3D affect especially the last battle, it really felt like you were there!

[quote name='Jodou']I wish I could have seen this in Imax, but those retards keep slapping 3D onto it and force my hand. Anyway the movie was incredible. Some moments felt like Marvel vs Capcom in a way ha. You could just tell they had fun with this, creating tag teams and versus matches.[/QUOTE]

I read it was for one week only......guess they are trying to push it out to make room for that other IMAX movie with Jonny Depp in it....

Honestly I think Prometheus and TDKR are the two that will be worth seeing in IMAX.

bread's done
Back