awwwwwwwwww here GGT #53 goes~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided I wont be getting NGII tomorrow. I realized I'm in no hurry so I'll wait till there's a rpice drop or a good deal (and when I have actual money to spend... I blame MGS4 >_< )

Gah, no stores had NGII today. Guess I'll play the demo over and over and over. There's still shit to figure out:

--Instant kill - how to keep doing this..
--Kill Frenzy - so you're replacing the timer...
--karma whores - unite!

For the older EX2 and DOA4 ones you should be able to find em for 30-40 easily.

Some stores however still sell it for 60...

Fact: Ninja Gaiden II is overwhelmingly better than the first game.

Question: What the fuck are reviewers thinking?

Also: The only annoying thing is the frame-rate issues in NG2... wish this wasn't on the 360.

[quote name='daroga']Glad to hear, Chac.

Better than Sigma?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's way better than Sigma (which I still insist is the best version of the original, despite what some... rodent here might say)

I'm playing on whatever the more difficult option is when you first start, and it's definitely tougher than the original game. It assumes you know what's going on. And the combat is just ridiculously intense. Wow. This is how a sequel to a stylish action game should be.

Just eat some painkillers, down a couple of PBRs and you should be good to go KingBroly. Another question MM. Do you think the online for SSF2THD will be remarkably better then SF2 was? God, I hope so.

yes the online in SFIIHD will be millions betters. a large part of them making this is to improve net code and set it up as the network capabilities and code that SFIV will be using.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, it's way better than Sigma (which I still insist is the best version of the original, despite what some... rodent here might say)

I'm playing on whatever the more difficult option is when you first start, and it's definitely tougher than the original game. It assumes you know what's going on. And the combat is just ridiculously intense. Wow. This is how a sequel to a stylish action game should be.[/QUOTE]

possums are marsupials.

Sigma is fun when it isn't busy being stupid. I'm jealous, I want to play now. I can beat the demo without getting hit :(

Yeah so I dropped just shy of 2 weeks pay on receiver & speakers. Now buying 100ft of speaker wire from monoprice, but I need a separate wire for the subwoofers?? wtf. Help!

See what MGS4 does to me? :wall:

[quote name='pete5883']Yeah so I dropped just shy of 2 weeks pay on receiver & speakers. Now buying 100ft of speaker wire from monoprice, but I need a separate wire for the subwoofers?? wtf. Help!

See what MGS4 does to me? :wall:[/quote]
So you're trying to install your own home theater sound system without knowing the stuff you'd need first? :whistle2:s

Home Audio installations is something I'm pretty decent at ;)

If you're looking for some REAL help though, drop Dallow a line, he's pretty tech savvy and will most likely help you out.

Too bad I don't have a job doing that, I'm torn between so many careers I want to pursue :/

Yay, I'm back home!

Boo, go back to work tomorrow. :p

I played a little FFIII DS on the plane. It's hard to game on the go with kiddies in tow.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So you're trying to install your own home theater sound system without knowing the stuff you'd need first? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Well the speaker wire won't get here for 4 days at least, so not hooking anything up quite yet. And I forgot subwoofer wire = plain old regular RCA wire. So in a pinch I can just use a component cable I have lying around?

[quote name='pete5883']Well the speaker wire won't get here for 4 days at least, so not hooking anything up quite yet. And I forgot subwoofer wire = plain old regular RCA wire. So in a pinch I can just use a component cable I have lying around?[/quote]
As long as it has the Red/White audio connections you're ok.

Don't mess up stripping the Speaker wire now ;) 100 ft. should be way more than enough, unless your entertainment room is massive :O

[quote name='Inf^Shini']As long as it has the Red/White audio connections you're ok.

Don't mess up stripping the Speaker wire now ;) 100 ft. should be way more than enough, unless your entertainment room is massive :O[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick answer. My dad's around and he's good with wires and shit, so I won't be able to mess it up too bad :D

I've had an awful night, so it's time for some Mario Kart.

I almost bought a PS3 today.

But I just couldn't justify why I needed/wanted it. I just bought some 1600 pts cards for 5 bucks each though.

I found Guitar Hero 2 360 bundles at best buy for $15 today.

I promptly turned them into Dark Sector, Ninja Gaiden 2, and a gold live subscription. Awesomeness.

No stores around here had ninja gaiden 2 either. Oh well just one more day...

Here's my vacation haul--yoiks:

MLB '08 The Show PS3 (amazon)
RV6 LE 360 (amazon)
Sega Genesis Collection PSP (target)
Dark Stalkers Chronicle PSP (CC)
MS 1600 Pts x2 (target)

Couldn't find Lost Planet Colonies in stock @ Target.

I may still end up with Brave Story PSP and Sega Tennis Wii from GS, and I still have NG2 on pre-order w/Amazon credits as well as MGS4 LE w/GS credits. :p

[quote name='Dandeschain']Just eat some painkillers, down a couple of PBRs and you should be good to go KingBroly. Another question MM. Do you think the online for SSF2THD will be remarkably better then SF2 was? God, I hope so.[/quote]

PBR's? Anyway, I've been bleeding like crazy all day. And it seems to have just stopped recently. Still exhausted.

[quote name='pete5883']Yeah so I dropped just shy of 2 weeks pay on receiver & speakers. Now buying 100ft of speaker wire from monoprice, but I need a separate wire for the subwoofers?? wtf. Help!

See what MGS4 does to me? :wall:[/QUOTE]

Just get a coaxial cable for the sub. It's the same coaxial cable you sometimes use to hook a DVD player up to a receiver. It's like $5.

[quote name='pete5883']Pabst Blue Ribbon. The best beer a dollar can buy.[/quote]

I don't drink alcohol, and I'm pretty sure I can't for medical purposes.

[quote name='pete5883']Pabst Blue Ribbon. The best beer a dollar can buy.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, the best beer one dollar can buy. as in, one dollar a six pack. *salutes PBR* I rock that shit and Old Style when I go downtown. fuck no, I'm not paying $5 for a pint of goose island. :)

[quote name='Chacrana']Just get a coaxial cable for the sub. It's the same coaxial cable you sometimes use to hook a DVD player up to a receiver. It's like $5.[/QUOTE]
?
Isn't coaxial cable this?:
rfcoaxsrewon1024.JPG

Dandeschain, are you familiar with GGPO? If not, I suggest you look into it and pray that SF2THD Remix plays the same online...

GGPO > all other netcodes when it comes to lag/latency...

I play Super Street Fighter II TURBO from time to time on GGPO, I get beasted on by some of the hardcore SF players from SRK... look it up sometime... Some of the top players even jump on GGPO from time to time to make heads roll...

[quote name='joe2187']I almost bought a PS3 today.

But I just couldn't justify why I needed/wanted it.[/quote]

bluraylogosvgur8.png
littlebigplanetstanetkhg3.jpg
metal20gear20solid204cv5.jpg
lva5teh7pyv6k7pbltvjf9hku1.jpg
screen4tr8.jpg
godofwar2ps2.jpg
resistance2ee8.jpg
killzone23speechvk7.jpg
whiteknightstory1rz3.jpg
motorstormoh0.jpg
finalfantasyxiii01jn6.jpg
giantsingstarfacehr7.jpg
mlb08theshowmt2rw8.jpg
granturismo54tz7.jpg
94202520070719screen001wm3.jpg
11so0.jpg
tk601129cs2.jpg

There's a few reasons.

[quote name='pete5883']Pabst Blue Ribbon. The best beer a dollar can buy.[/quote]

Damn right.

Never heard of GGPO. I'll check it out. I just hope SSF2THD plays well online.

[quote name='pete5883']?
Isn't coaxial cable this?:
rfcoaxsrewon1024.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Naw, that's an f-coaxial cable. Just a regular coax cable is what you need.

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw, that's an f-coaxial cable. Just a regular coax cable is what you need.[/QUOTE]
Well now I feel silly. The cable I already ordered is labeled "12ft High-quality Coaxial Audio/Video RCA CL2 Rated Cable - RG6/U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video)." So I'm good.

[quote name='nyprimus4']
bluraylogosvgur8.png
littlebigplanetstanetkhg3.jpg
metal20gear20solid204cv5.jpg
lva5teh7pyv6k7pbltvjf9hku1.jpg
screen4tr8.jpg
godofwar2ps2.jpg
resistance2ee8.jpg
killzone23speechvk7.jpg
whiteknightstory1rz3.jpg
motorstormoh0.jpg
finalfantasyxiii01jn6.jpg
giantsingstarfacehr7.jpg
mlb08theshowmt2rw8.jpg
granturismo54tz7.jpg
94202520070719screen001wm3.jpg
11so0.jpg
tk601129cs2.jpg

There's a few reasons.
[/quote]

Killzone 2 and Tekken are the only things on that list that just BARELY justify it's purchase.

Blu-ray I could give to shits and pie about. dont know what the weirdo in the sunglasses has to do with anything. Resistance blows like salty chunks. Ratchet is "Meh", ALL sports games suck ass on any console, Gran Turismo is 0% fun, Dirt? is "meh", I dont see the appeal in playing with little sock puppet thingy's, Socom is "meh", God of War: played em both enjoyed it but unless 3 introduces something new...fuck it, Metal Gear solid - give me a cliff notes version of the plot and we'll see.

and

fuck final fantasy

:cool:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Hey MarkMan, how is Usher's new joint? I remember you talking about it.

MGS4 will be awesome.[/quote]

Some of the tracks are nice... lots of feeling put into that shit. But honestly his last album Confessions shits on his new one... but eh... what can you do.

Bad wasn't shit compared to Thriller neither lol...

[quote name='joe2187']Killzone 2 and Tekken are the only things on that list that just BARELY justify it's purchase.

Blu-ray I could give to shits and pie about. dont know what the weirdo in the sunglasses has to do with anything. Resistance blows like salty chunks. Ratchet is "Meh", ALL sports games suck ass on any console, Gran Turismo is 0% fun, Dirt? is "meh", I dont see the appeal in playing with little sock puppet thingy's, Socom is "meh", God of War: played em both enjoyed it but unless 3 introduces something new...fuck it, Metal Gear solid - give me a cliff notes version of the plot and we'll see.

and

fuck final fantasy

:cool:[/QUOTE]
Sure you like video games? lol

[quote name='joe2187']Killzone 2 and Tekken are the only things on that list that just BARELY justify it's purchase.

and

fuck final fantasy

:cool:[/quote]
Those are your preferences so to each their own, but it sounds like you have limited taste in games :/

Heavenly Sword was fun too, while it lasted...
NG Sigma is good if you haven't played the xbox NG Black, Sigma is basically the "definitive" version.
Warhawk is one hell of a fun online game (once you get used to it) and Uncharted is also another fun one to play and look at.

Right now the only PS3 exclusives I have are TC4, Resistance (I love FPS'), Warhawk, Disgaea 3 (Thank goodness for no Region Coding), Uncharted, and the rest are PSN DL games.

I'm waitin' on MGS4 but I'll probably pick up DBZ:Burst Limit Also, the demo was pretty fun :D

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Sure you like video games? lol[/quote]

Me + Japanese = :bomb:

I just dont like all that non-Sensical japanese-game bullshit. (Tekken aside because it's just too fucken ridiculous) MGS is alright because, its got a nice Noir/james bond type style. but as well it's plot is fucken ridiculous.

I want games that are fun and intriguing to play, the PS3 hasn't stepped up in that department. and the game selection is just poor.

I guess this makes me prejudiced? ;)

LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, Team ICO's Next Project, Socom, God of War 3, Resistance series, Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, Motorstorm series, FF XIII, Singstar series, MLB 08 The Show, GT5, Infamous (from the Sly creators), Ratchet, and Tekken.

There is also Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, LA Noire (1940's detective game from Rockstar), Red Dead Revolver 2, Disgaea 3, The Agency, The Getaway, 8 Days, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Hot Shots Golf 5, Warhawk, Unreal Tournament 3 (with mod and keyboard/mouse support), and Folklore.

Should have had the 360 tonight but couldn't pick it up from UPS.

I'd hate to be you Joe2187, I thought I was picky.

So I played through Shadow of the Colossus for the first time. Good game but man were the controls/camera angles bad. I guess it's the mark of a good game when obstacles like that don't keep me from finishing it.

I think by 2009 I'll be ready for that triple, I really want to play MGS 4 and Ratchet.

[quote name='joe2187']Me + Japanese = :bomb:

I just dont like all that non-Sensical japanese-game bullshit. (Tekken aside because it's just too fucken ridiculous) MGS is alright because, its got a nice Noir/james bond type style. but as well it's plot is fucken ridiculous.

I want games that are fun and intriguing to play, the PS3 hasn't stepped up in that department. and the game selection is just poor.

I guess this makes me prejudiced? ;)[/quote]
Haha, I guess that's because the PS3 was designed IN Japan? :p

But yea, I'm waitin' on a flood of good games, not one here and there coupled with a bunch of multi-platform ones. I guess half the reason I own one is because I also use it as a media device. I just throw on a bunch of AVI/MP4 files, a bunch of albums, and let er rip on the Home Theatre System.
I also watch Blu Rays, so..yea...

LPC pisses me off sometimes. I work my ass off in a match, get like 10+ kills including a 5 kill streak, and I only get 100 exp because my team lost? Bullshit.

PS3 is sweet for music. I just hook up my external HDD and play the music off of it. Plus, using HDMI for audio and video is sweet. Plus, it sounds great.

I bought a PS3 for a little variety. There's only so many shooters I can play.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']http://kotaku.com/5012848/meet-your-resident-evil-5-partner

Damn, she's wicked hot...[/quote]
Did you catch the latest trailer? It showed her for a couple seconds, but the dude mentions that his last partner was a female as well :p

She better not die, that'd be a waste :/, well, unless she comes up with the great idea of splitting up somewhere in the game :whistle2:k

[quote name='hankmecrankme']PS3 is sweet for music. I just hook up my external HDD and play the music off of it. Plus, using HDMI for audio and video is sweet. Plus, it sounds great.

I bought a PS3 for a little variety. There's only so many shooters I can play.[/quote]
Yea man, it just bugs a bit that the music plays til' the end of the folder and doesn't move on to the next one (at least that's what it does to me). I gotta select the next folder so I can keep going, but my PSP doesn't do that, it'll go from folder to folder automatically :/

LA Noire is something I've been looking forward to for a while, however it's also Multiplatform so...:)

Are they seriously coming out with Red Dead Revolver 2?....I'd buy that in a heartbeat if it also came with a soundtrack.

Shadow of the Collossus was a great game, fucken epic.

The Home Theatre capabilities sounds like it makes it useful, but not as a gaming device. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back