awwwwwwwwww here GGT #53 goes~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']I tested a new PS2/PS3 converter by a Chinese company called REAL. It is the REAL deal... Up there with the Pelican PS2/PS3 converter. It is pretty much identical in every aspect. It is the BEST converter out there for you fighting game freaks. It is not the best for Music lovers tho, that honor goes to the TAC one. I'll be doing a big reviewathon on PS2/PS3 converters in the coming days and put a feature together on what to get depending on what games you want.
[/QUOTE]

Nice. How much for these new babies?

NES is like cocaine, big in the 80's.

Sounds like a fucking awesome day Chac. Now you just need to throw in fucking a beetch and your prepared for the greatest day of your life.

NES is awesome.

[quote name='MarkMan']I tested a new PS2/PS3 converter by a Chinese company called REAL. It is the REAL deal... Up there with the Pelican PS2/PS3 converter. It is pretty much identical in every aspect. It is the BEST converter out there for you fighting game freaks. It is not the best for Music lovers tho, that honor goes to the TAC one. I'll be doing a big reviewathon on PS2/PS3 converters in the coming days and put a feature together on what to get depending on what games you want.[/QUOTE]chineezing it up!!

NI HAO MA?!?!?!

Too busy the last few days to play anything very much. I'm trying to get ahead on everything so that after I get back from my sister's wedding next week, I can veg out with MGS4 for several days.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My friend had RF2. It was similar gameplay wise, with a different story and setting. He said it wasn't as good. I've never played it.[/quote]It was definately disappointing after Red Faction. You can prolly pick it up on the cheapy cheap in GameStop, so it might be worth checking out if you're dying to give it a whirl. Maybe you'll enjoy it.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']No more boobs MM, it angers teh Gwen. I mean didn't Rolento get and INFRACTION for that? Which was lulz IMO since the pics were not that bad.[/quote]They weren't that terrible, but the GGT has to stay game-focused. And I did say I was sorry about the infraction, I didn't want to give points against Rolento.

And NES was awesome. Kinda dated now. Unless we're talking two different things.

NES = Timeless

So, about ready to head to work here. It's very odd, as I work in the Library of the school I just graduated from. I'm just helping out for the next five weeks until we head out to South Dakota. But being there when there are precious few other students around and also being there all day (used to just work 1-5 after class) is just odd. At least this is the last "summer job" I'll have, and I didn't have the scrape around to find it either. ;)

What kind of summer work does the GGT have to support the summer surplus of awesome?

And this GGT OP is 100% Jekki, which is 100% WIN for those of you playing at home.

Well my Red PSP should be turning up today, which is nice.

Played some more Forza 2 and Blacksite last night. I jumped into a Ranked CTF match so I could get my cheesemint for it and it was 2 Vs 2, except my team mate wasn't doing anything apart from trying to team kill me. Maybe they were boosting but I wish people would tell me that so I don't waste my time/mess up their boosting. Either that or the dude was just crap, playing the game online certainly is.

[quote name='guinaevere']One point to daroga.

Hey, any word on the dsl?[/quote]Yup! Thanks to my wife (who is competent, unlike myself), she dug up the real information via the Chamber of Commerce. Should be up to 10Mbit down/ 512K up for like $35/mo. That'll be good! I'm interested to see what the speed really is though. ;)

EDIT: fixed spelling of "competent"... case in point ;)

If anything, I'd think Itagaki leaving increases the chances of NG2 on the PS3. He had nothing to do with Sigma.

[quote name='daroga']
What kind of summer work does the GGT have to support the summer surplus of awesome?

And this GGT OP is 100% Jekki, which is 100% WIN for those of you playing at home.[/QUOTE]

working at a law firm as kind of an intern/law clerk/paralegal/gopher...first day starts in 1 hour! woo!

If anything, I'd think Itagaki leaving increases the chances of NG2 on the PS3. He had nothing to do with Sigma.

MS publishing and footing the bill may complicate things.

I'm more pissed that this probably means no extensive patches and fine tuning for the game. I sure hope they got it right the first time.

oh yeah and

GO ITAGAKI!!! I'd pissed if the company I save stiffed me out of a million bucks.

I'm a nurse extern at a local hospital. I will be a full fledged RN at the end of the year. Good monies for buying ghamez. Played some more FES last night. I'm up to the 57th floor or something.

Speaking of FES, I should get back to playing it. I took a break from playing after I got LPC. I'm at the 5th or 7th Door in The Answer.

[quote name='daroga']Yup! Thanks to my wife (who is competent, unlike myself), she dug up the real information via the Chamber of Commerce. Should be up to 10Mbit down/ 512K up for like $35/mo. That'll be good! I'm interested to see what the speed really is though. ;)

EDIT: fixed spelling of "competent"... case in point ;)[/quote]Yay! Glad to hear that! And it sounds like a great price, too. Is that fixed, or a first-X-months lure?

My house is within about 1000 ft of the main circuit for a few towns. With att dsl, when you go with 6mb, they basically just open the line for you, so my speed is pretty nice. After the endless problems I've had with that house's phone lines and everything else, its nice to finally get back in the game.

Time Warner Cable is the devil, but their cable internet service is the tits. Love it.

Space Invaders Extreme is a difficult game. Very difficult actually.

[quote name='JEKKI']chineezing it up!!

NI HAO MA?!?!?![/quote]

ni hao ma my bulgogi and katsudon

xie xie

NES

I hate Tuesdays just as much as Monday.

Almost done with Dragon Warrior III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the MGS retrospectives... makes me feel like doin the moonwalk...

Me lovez arcade sticks...

KOTAKU - New details on SF IV home versions

Arcade purists will be happy to learn that Capcom plans to ship an "arcade perfect" controller in time with the console and PC versions. Ono revealed that they're already in talks with a peripheral maker in the U.S. to release an arcade accurate stick with a steel base plate, steel shaft and arcade style buttons, possibly bundled with a copy of the game.

WOW!

I think I'm gonna watch the MGS2 & 3 Retrospectives to gear (ha!) up for 4. I'll keep them around to play them when I'm itching for something different.

[quote name='daroga']If anything, I'd think Itagaki leaving increases the chances of NG2 on the PS3. He had nothing to do with Sigma.[/quote]

Well. . .

[quote name='Apossum']MS publishing and footing the bill may complicate things.

I'm more pissed that this probably means no extensive patches and fine tuning for the game. I sure hope they got it right the first time.[/quote]

TRUF

[quote name='Apossum'] oh yeah and

GO ITAGAKI!!! I'd pissed if the company I save stiffed me out of a million bucks.[/quote]

TRUF x2

Chac, you get that NGII yet home skillet?

[quote name='Chacrana']Not yet. It'll be in at like 2 or 3 this afternoon.

I did play Mass Effect tho.[/quote]

Awesome, def let me know your thoughts on it when you do get it. I should have mine tomorrow sometime, hope to get some game time in with it before work. Well that and hope I don't get the RROD when I go to play it. :bomb: Does Mass Effect have any frame rate problems on da PC like it does on da 360? Because during some battles it literally chugged on da 360 to a point where it became unplayable IMO. I'm assuming it doesn't have any frame rate problems on the PC and it's one of the main reasons I want to get it for the PC. When I buy that new Laptop that is. ;)

[quote name='jer7583']I also got through the first disc of Lost Odyssey, finally. That came sooner than expected. Mack and Cooke are great.[/quote]
I can't stand those two and the endless cutscenes that are a result of them. Seriously, what's with the crazy amount of cutscenes at this point in the game? After I sit through some sappy, tear filled BS I take 5 steps and have to do it all over again. :bomb:

[quote name='daroga']What kind of summer work does the GGT have to support the summer surplus of awesome?

And this GGT OP is 100% Jekki, which is 100% WIN for those of you playing at home.[/quote]
I'm still looking for a job. At this point it's looking like I'm going to have to work fast food so I can have some money for school in the fall. It's possible that I might be able to work with my friend at his dad's business, that would be awesome.

JEKKI can do no wrong.

Summer for me is my usual research grant work and dissertation writing with teaching an undergrad course tacked on.

UPS had all this week and last week me getting my 360 on Thursday. I come home, check on it and apparently they tried to deliver it today (required signature+no one home at 1 in the afternoon=fail).

Called up UPS and told them I'll pick it up so they are calling me within the hour to confirm.

Summer work: Interning for my uncle.

As for summer work, the bad news is I haven't received a call or anything from the job I was suppose to have, so I'm un-employed doing nothing right now. If I don't get a job, I have no idea what I'll do myself over the summer. Or else I thought I'd have a job where my Dad works (since they wanted to hire me when I finished college, at Verizon), but they've been laying off tons of people.

I did play Mario Kart Wii Online with CAG yesterday (I hosted a CAG Night) and it went really well. Plan to play online at least once a week. Next up, I'm getting Dr. Mario RX Online and plan to maybe have some CAG nights for that.

I played a little SingStar this morning, but that's all. I'm not in a big gaming mood right now. I'll probably play more Eternal Sonata (definitely love the game) this evening.

With the GS credit I have, I will pick up Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2. I'm debating what I'll do with some of the rest of the money (down the road):
-Preorder Secret Agent Clank or FFT A2 (and buy that)
-Wii points (to buy Dr. Mario RX Online and.......)
-Lost Planet Colonies or SingStar 90's (only because of some of the music it has).
-Just wait for Soul Calibur IV (next very major release I badly want)
-Pick up DBZ: Burst Limit or GRID, since I liked the demos, but would rather wait a while (but I have some credit)

summer work for me is just my usual job that I have at the video game store I work at.

supposedly NG2 came in at work today, so I'm grabbing that. Then tomorrow is Hot Shots Open Tee 2 on the psp. After that, all I really plan on picking up the rest of the summer is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and some wii component cables since I'm playing on a bigger HD tv now.

[quote name='SL4IN']summer work for me is just my usual job that I have at the video game store I work at.

supposedly NG2 came in at work today, so I'm grabbing that. Then tomorrow is Hot Shots Open Tee 2 on the psp. After that, all I really plan on picking up the rest of the summer is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and some wii component cables since I'm playing on a bigger HD tv now.[/QUOTE]I just picked up cheap Wii Component cables on monoprice. So far I like them.

EDIT: Has anyone checked to see if their GS is having a midnight launch for MGS4? Mine is, but I'm not going, but will pick it up on Thursday.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/mgs4/MGS4Midnight.pdf?affid=3346&wt.mc_id=mgs4

Crisis Core is a good time. I wonder what level I should be aiming for to beat it. Just went to lv. 30 on a few missions over break.

We need more RPGs aping that combat style. I even like the randomness of the slot machine thing.

No DOA5 is really depressing. Really, really depressing.

Anyway,
In Anime news, I cleared 2 series this week. Paradise Kiss and My Hime, which are now my #4 and #3 all time respectively. Loved both. (1 is Azumanga Daioh and 2 is Haibane Renmei).

I'm also writing an article for a newspaper (my first time) and if it works out it'll be published. At age 15, I'd say its a damn good start for Journalism school.

Oh yeah, GAMEZ. I'm at over 7 hours in Naruto, its terrific. And I love SingStar.
ManaKnight, delete somebody from your friends list and add me on PSN. We can compare SingStar scores :D

Yo MM, can you recommend a decently priced 360 stick for me? I'm thinking of getting one so I can properly own peeps with the spinning piledriver once SSF2THD finally hits.

[quote name='Azumangaman']
Oh yeah, GAMEZ. I'm at over 7 hours in Naruto, its terrific. And I love SingStar.
ManaKnight, delete somebody from your friends list and add me on PSN. We can compare SingStar scores :D[/QUOTE]I was just thinking about that the other day actually. ;) I'll get to it soon when I make up a list of people who need to be exiled off my friends list. Hopefully I get to it by the end of the week. Rumor is we are getting a bump in size with the firmware update, but we'll see (bad news for me because I'm expecting several to request me then).

Only problem is that I believe we have the same avatar (I've had it since 12/29/06 and never changed it). ;)

EDIT: Expect to get added tonight or tomorrow, I made up my mind as to who to remove (not a CAG member).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good news chac... didn't realize this but Bionic Commando is coming out on PC as well.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I knew this. Glad to hear it, too.

Did you know:

Ninja Gaiden II has a cardboard slipcover over it. Muy interesante. I wonder if the game's any good. Guess I'll open it.

[quote name='daroga']Crisis Core is a good time. I wonder what level I should be aiming for to beat it. Just went to lv. 30 on a few missions over break.

We need more RPGs aping that combat style. I even like the randomness of the slot machine thing.[/QUOTE]

I beat it at 34 I think but some of the ending battles were either pretty hard or very lengthy. If I had to do it again I would've done missions for another hour to build up my stuff a little more.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Yo MM, can you recommend a decently priced 360 stick for me? I'm thinking of getting one so I can properly own peeps with the spinning piledriver once SSF2THD finally hits.[/quote]

As of right now there are only 2 retail options. The Hori Fighting Stick EX or the Dead or Alive 4 stick.

Well 1 option, since they're identical pretty much haha.

Another option is to get a custom made.

If you want to wait for the SF IV stick, I'd recommend that.

I'm waiting for the SFIV stick.. sounds so nice. price won't be an issue for me by then.

I'll probably get the PS3 version if there is one due to being able to use it via PC as well.

I didn't realize the arcade sticks for 360 were USB based... nice to know. I still prefer the PS3 sticks oddly. Plus most 360 sticks have that nasty 360 green on em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back