awwwwwwwwww here GGT #53 goes~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm D&D 4th Edition is debuting? With integrated online service, including virtual tables? Tempted to check that out, but soooo much in the pipe. Oh well.

Online D&D - fucking blasphemous. If you don't have the floor and/or a big-ass table covered in papers, dice, books and soda, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='botticus']If the amount you were charged is different than the amount that you authorized at the time of your order (which should be in your email confirmation), you shouldn't have any issue just doing a chargeback.[/QUOTE]
The problem is, they already charged me $15.xx a few months ago, and will charge me 80.xx next week. I don't trust any party involved to figure out the math on that one.

This weekend, I need to get as much Apollo Justice done as possible, while making various social calls, to make way for MGS4 time. There are 4 cases in the game, correct?

So I'm confused...since GH:Aerosmith won't allow you to use GH3 DLC, how does that make people mad? Are we to assume Rock Band is doing that? I'm willing to bet Rock Band 2 won't let you use Rock Band's DLC. Now, keep in mind I'm not a Music game kind of guy, but the anger over this is kinda ridiculous until another game does it.

Now, if Rock Band 2 allows you to play Rock Band DLC, and maybe vice-versa, that's incredibly compelling to consumers.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I'm confused...since GH:Aerosmith won't allow you to use GH3 DLC, how does that make people mad? Are we to assume Rock Band is doing that? I'm willing to bet Rock Band 2 won't let you use Rock Band's DLC. Now, keep in mind I'm not a Music game kind of guy, but the anger over this is kinda ridiculous until another game does it.

Now, if Rock Band 2 allows you to play Rock Band DLC, and maybe vice-versa, that's incredibly compelling to consumers.[/quote]

It's already been stated that Harmonix or whomever wants to make Rock Band DLC compatible with Rock Band 2. With the amount of DLC available to RB players, it would be really shitty to have people drop $100 on DLC and not have it playable in RB2, and probably cause some people to pass RB2 up.

However, I doubt RB2 DLC will work in RB.

I personally don't understand the issue with GH3 DLC not working with GH:A since it's more of an expansion. The real issue will come when GH4 comes out.

And, I mean, there aren't even that many songs available for GH3 anyway.

mmm... 30 minutes away from Ninja Gaiden....

I'm not sure what's up with my game on Crisis Core. I think I hit a glitch or something since the thing that would trigger the next segment of the game isn't happening. Stupid Chapter 9. :p

[quote name='Rocko']It's already been stated that Harmonix or whomever wants to make Rock Band DLC compatible with Rock Band 2. With the amount of DLC available to RB players, it would be really shitty to have people drop $100 on DLC and not have it playable in RB2, and probably cause some people to pass RB2 up.

However, I doubt RB2 DLC will work in RB.

I personally don't understand the issue with GH3 DLC not working with GH:A since it's more of an expansion. The real issue will come when GH4 comes out.

And, I mean, there aren't even that many songs available for GH3 anyway.[/quote]

I can understand them wanting to, but doing and wanting are 2 different things. I'm sure once it happens, Activision will be compelled to do the same with Guitar Hero. Looking at it, I feel Activision's saying like 'we have the fans no matter what, and we don't have to innovate until they do and when we do, the fans will be happy' or something like that.

EDIT: Here's a link to a cool Half-life 2 episode 2/Zelda mod video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCvpM6e9XIQ

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh shit! go to the lower right and vote for a capcom game you want on XBLA!!!!

capcom is watching this poll so it counts.

MvC2 and SFIII sound like the most important... if those weren't there I'd vote for Final Fight or Power Stone 2.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/extras/capcom.html#[/QUOTE]

Voted MvC2....only because CvS2 isn't on there. That's weird--are they saying CvS isn't a possibility and MvC is? or do they think CvS isn't that popular? :whistle2:k

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i think it's popularity to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Then what's Black Tiger and Saturday Night Slammasters doing on the list? That's like... the absolute worst Capcom's got to offer.

Wouldn't SF3 be a XBO? Given the impressions 1up Yours gave about SF2THDR I don't think I want a Capcom remake on XBLA of SF. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is emulated on 360, but it's absolutely terrible. You can play it, but it's basically unplayable due to visual bleeding it causes.
They need to bring MvC2 to PSN and XBLA.

[quote name='Chacrana']Then what's Black Tiger and Saturday Night Slammasters doing on the list? That's like... the absolute worst Capcom's got to offer.[/QUOTE]

good call. I've never even heard of Black Tiger.

Hmm... hey, if anyone wants to buy my copy of Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, it is up for sale, so lemme know.

It's definitely a fun game, but I'd rather play NG Sigma or NG2.

Thanks to Third Strike on GGPO, I voted for MvC2. ;)

And I got 1680x1050 in DMC4 finally. I had to use my DVI cable. I had my LCD hooked up VGA so my PS3 could use the DVI.

I think GTAIV is going to get sold to GS and put towards my MGS4 preorder. Does anyone know if you can stack the Edge card on top of the extra 20% you get for trading in towards MGS4?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Does anyone know if you can stack the Edge card on top of the extra 20% you get for trading in towards MGS4?[/quote]

I'm 99.9% sure unless the changed their policy since the last time I traded in. Edge is always stackable unless the coupon says it isn't, and even then what's stopping you from trying? ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Then what's Black Tiger and Saturday Night Slammasters doing on the list? That's like... the absolute worst Capcom's got to offer.[/quote]

I voted MvC2.

Hatin on Black Tiger Chac?? :nottalking: Bang outta order.

Now Forgotten Worlds on the other hand, sucked bawz.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm an idiot, so humor me. How does one get an Edge card?[/quote]You get one when you pay them $15 at EB/GS. You also get the generally worthless Game Informer magazine.

There was a time you could get just the card in the mail for $2, but they've changed that to $10 now I think.

I wonder if I get a 250GB hard drive for my Macbook if I can take the 120GB hard drive currently in my Macbook and slip it into my PS3.

Going to play some NHL and COD4 tonight. Can't go out, got the SAT's in the morning.

I beat Snatcher last nite dood that game is CRAZY!!!!

since a lot of you are counting down to MGS4, I highly recommend u play this game!!!

it's real short and will hype the shyt out of you!!

you really owe it to yourself to play this game, otherwise you're gonna die in debt.

but the other best part is my Panzer Dragoon Saga problems have been fixed!!!

gotta finish that this weekend!!

HAZE = GOTY

I just played DMC4 with the keyboard. It's surprisingly functional, but I for sure won't be using it. I can't wait for someone to make crazy combo videos while using the keyboard.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']HAZE = GOTY

I just played DMC4 with the keyboard. It's surprisingly functional, but I for sure won't be using it. I can't wait for someone to make crazy combo videos while using the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

lol

i wanna try the pc version of DMC4 but my pc would explode trying to play it.

well, now to start Dark Sector

I'm hella debating buying a PS3 rite now...

like RITE NOW rite now...

40 giga PS3 is cheaper, and u can buy a Dual Shock with the $100 best buy gift card.

I can save money at the cost of backwards compatibility (but I already own a PS2) and an extra 40 gigas (for what tho???)

hmm.....

[quote name='Apossum']Voted MvC2....only because CvS2 isn't on there. That's weird--are they saying CvS isn't a possibility and MvC is? or do they think CvS isn't that popular? :whistle2:k[/quote]
I loved CvS2, Shin-Akuma was a pain in the ass for me, partly because I love to use Rock. I seemed to have a bit easier time using Cammy :whistle2:k

Finally beat the Arcade mode in Forza 2, that last race round the Nurburgring was a bloody nightmare.

To celebrate I think I'll watch this weeks Peep Show :bouncy:

whoo!!

good news-- I gotta PS3 now.

bad news... I aint opening that shyt til I come back from San Francisco...

that's like 10 days from today.

it's gonna sit and stare at me all week!! lol

We're even cutting it close with the regular edition. We only have like 15 extra for walk-ins, and that's if we take no more preorders. And we almost defintiely will.

That's not as bad though, since you can just get the regular edition anywhere. The LE's are gonna be gone and going for $200 on Ebay within the day, just like last time.

Edit: oh, maybe you know this since you work at Gamestop -- are the stores that aren't doing the midnight launch gonna have the game available right when they open on the 12th?

[quote name='Chacrana']
Edit: oh, maybe you know this since you work at Gamestop -- are the stores that aren't doing the midnight launch gonna have the game available right when they open on the 12th?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

So I am in the desert in Earthbound. What should my levels be? Ness is 38ish, the other two are in the mid 30's. I have never beaten the game. Heck I bought it a few years ago and it was the first time I played it(legally). So yeah, I beat the big blob and saved Saturn Valley. How close am I to the end? Half way, little under?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If you have a MEGS4 LE reserved make sure to pick it up ASAP. All stores aren't getting enough to cover preorders...[/QUOTE]

That sucks. What if you don't get one? Are you screwed?

Whatever. I plan to be there when they open.

Finally getting over the difficulty curve of NGII. Those first few hours are brutal! I'm at the third test of valor.

That wall outside the wine distillery is awesome--the one that looks like it's growing thick with ivy but is actually just a texture (just after you fight the huge group of spiky tentacle things with tits.) there's a weird optical illusion going on there.

I've played a lotta Ninja Gaiden, but I never really used any weapon but the Dragon Sword for more than a minute or two. Well, I fell in love with that scythe. Coz it's awesome.

Edit: I was hoping I'd like the ball and chain weapon, but I dunno... felt a little too slow for my tastes. I really seem to like the fast weapons better, for the most part, so I should try the talons when I get a chance.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If you have a MEGS4 LE reserved make sure to pick it up ASAP. All stores aren't getting enough to cover preorders...[/QUOTE]

Damn...now I want the LE. I was going to get it from CC so I could get the free guide, but now I want the LE since it might be rare. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back