awwwwwwwwww here GGT #53 goes~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, and I'm not sure what to do with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.[/QUOTE]
Are there any papers on your desk that are in danger of blowing away?

!

At the end of June, Burnout Paradise gets:

- "All new" surround sound mixes for PS3 and 360
- Dedicated PS3 LFE (subwoofer) content

This pleases me.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I just got my first taste of Burnout Paradise and I love it. Looks like there's plenty to do and the takedowns alone are fun. I'm squarely in the pro-Paradise camp now.

(IRC room has blossomed to 5 users! 5!)[/QUOTE]I absolutely love Burnout Paradise. One of my favorite games all year.

Speaking of FFTA, I absolutely love it. My most played GBA game. I cannot wait for FFT A2 on DS.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Speaking of FFTA, I absolutely love it. My most played GBA game. I cannot wait for FFT A2 on DS.[/quote]
Any idea when FFT A2 comes out? The last time I checked Amazon I didn't see a release date listed yes.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Any idea when FFT A2 comes out? The last time I checked Amazon I didn't see a release date listed yes.[/QUOTE]It ships the 24th of June, according to GS. I cannot wait. Although, I probably can't play it much now, so I may wait.

Picked up a mint condition of Bioshock from the blockbuster deal. been playing it for the afternoon again. It feels good to be back in rapture.

also gonna try for that brass balls achievement.

[quote name='daroga']Didn't you just define capitalism? ;)[/quote]
Oh man? I did?!? I gotta put that down then in my next essay :D

Go Communism! j/k

I used to do IRC back in the day, CS Source ringers and match-ups, I'm so glad I'm not such a nerd now -_-

*goes off to play CS Source :D*

I'm not going to dig into my backlog until all my work is done and school lets out next Thursday. I still have tests the week after but I'll be finishing up all my 360 games starting the middle of next week. Once I beat every 360 game I own I will be purchasing the Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection.

And by the time I finish that I'll be getting MGS4 for a sweet price. ;)

not much gaming today, but I spent a bit of time at my computer finishing up my project!!!

2ms3ku9.jpg

I made a MS Access database to keep track of all my CDR and DVDR full of MP3 albums!!

prior to this I was sing notepad in one huge list and ctr+F that mud sucka down!!

this is way more organized and cleaner!!!

now I can select the name of the CD or DVD from a drop down list and it displays everything burned onto it!!

I can click the button at the top to generate the full list and use that to search for something in particular

(btw does anybody kno how to make a search query function so I can do that instead??)

lastly, the buttons on the bottom add new discs to the database.

I can then add new albums and assign a disc to them!!

skillz!!!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh man? I did?!? I gotta put that down then in my next essay :D

Go Communism! j/k

I used to do IRC back in the day, CS Source ringers and match-ups, I'm so glad I'm not such a nerd now -_-

*goes off to play CS Source :D*[/quote]

The server I put the room on, GameSurge, still has rooms devoted to that. COD4 too.

[quote name='refusedchaos']oo! LMK how it goes![/QUOTE]

So far, it's the best one yet, without a doubt. The techno stuff is really good, and there's a lot of the orchestral stuff too, which I love.

[quote name='JEKKI']not much gaming today, but I spent a bit of time at my computer finishing up my project!!!

2ms3ku9.jpg

I made a MS Access database to keep track of all my CDR and DVDR full of MP3 albums!!

prior to this I was sing notepad in one huge list and ctr+F that mud sucka down!!

this is way more organized and cleaner!!!

now I can select the name of the CD or DVD from a drop down list and it displays everything burned onto it!!

I can click the button at the top to generate the full list and use that to search for something in particular

(btw does anybody kno how to make a search query function so I can do that instead??)

lastly, the buttons on the bottom add new discs to the database.

I can then add new albums and assign a disc to them!!

skillz!!![/QUOTE]

wow im impressed...great job!:applause:. i know how to do what your asking but im forgetting atm.

I'm still alive.

p.s. chapter 2 is the best stage in any Ninja Gaiden game ever. this game is incredible. Thanks for the all the FUD reviewers. Good to know we got competent people in the gaming press. The Dead or Alive 2 engine never looked better.

[quote name='Apossum']I'm still alive.

p.s. chapter 2 is the best stage in any Ninja Gaiden game ever. this game is incredible. Thanks for the all the FUD reviewers. Good to know we got competent people in the gaming press. The Dead or Alive 2 engine never looked better.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it kinda weird seeing all the venues from DOA4 show up here? Prolly reminds you of when you got your ass kicked!! :cool:

[quote name='Chacrana']Isn't it kinda weird seeing all the venues from DOA4 show up here? Prolly reminds you of when you got your ass kicked!! :cool:[/quote]

That kind of makes me want to play it now...

lol yeah Ninja Gaiden 2 is awesome. There is some slowdown but i can't find a thing to complain about. I love the hand/feet blades the best so far. The DOA4 environments rock too.

I'm probably most of the way through chapter 2 on warrior and I only died twice, both because of kamikaze attacks. The bosses seem a bit too easy.

Obliteration techniques are so, so satisfyingly brutal.

[quote name='Chacrana']Isn't it kinda weird seeing all the venues from DOA4 show up here? Prolly reminds you of when you got your ass kicked!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that while playing it. well, without the ass kick part. I love how team ninja updates/remixes environments they've used in past games. that dragon tower part was great.

The fights are so much more intense and frequent in this one. I think it's because they got rid of the battle timer. I was a little down on that at first, but not any more.

also, I had three fireball monks suicide attack me in a row. that was the cheapest shit ever. I kept relaxing after each one, so I'd miss the tiny opportunity to mash out of it :lol:

NG2 is amazing. It kinda feels like a fully realized version of what they'd tried to do on the Xbox.

Not that the first one wasn't great too, but this one just clicks better. Almost to the point that I'd say the original (or Sigmas) isn't even worth owning if you've got this one.

NYPrimus (or anyone for that matter), if you're looking for a deal on the MGS collection, let me know. I don't think I'm going to be playing those. I enjoyed the first one, but overall, stealth just ain't my style.

Lego Indiana Jones is a lot of fun too. Although, I played a level after I played 3 chapters in NG2, and I was trying to do all the deep combat stuff from NG in LIJ. Didn't work too well. ;)

I'm getting NG2 in two weeks, after I beat MGS4 twice. I'm so tempted to get it now though, but I've got some games to play before next Thursday, so no rush.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so apparently the max price for a laptop i can get is $1000
anyone kno of a good laptop for $1000 or less[/quote]

For gaming? I think you need to save up at least another $500 to get something reasonable.

If it's not for gaming, Dell has lots of solid cheap ones.

[quote name='gunm']For gaming? I think you need to save up at least another $500 to get something reasonable.

If it's not for gaming, Dell has lots of solid cheap ones.[/quote]

i dont think id be able to get one for gaming at all with the budget :cry:
so i guess it would be for school and just being able to browse download and other stuff
dell sounds good or if possible asus

also i just wanna get rid of this current comp that likes to freeze for i swear like 50 times a day :bomb:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i dont think id be able to get one for gaming at all with the budget :cry:
so i guess it would be for school and just being able to browse download and other stuff
dell sounds good or if possible asus

also i just wanna get rid of this current comp that likes to freeze for i swear like 50 times a day :bomb:[/quote]
Hmmm, how old is your comp? Maybe you have a bunch of crap clogging up the comp, that can have some real detriment to the performance. Mine used to run like a champ, but now it's running way slow, I just gotta do a clean sweep (reformat) my partitions again and I'll be good to go, otherwise I'll just run some spyware/malware removal software if I'm too lazy to back up all my stuff (which I have to do one way or another :/)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hmmm, how old is your comp? Maybe you have a bunch of crap clogging up the comp, that can have some real detriment to the performance. Mine used to run like a champ, but now it's running way slow, I just gotta do a clean sweep (reformat) my partitions again and I'll be good to go, otherwise I'll just run some spyware/malware removal software if I'm too lazy to back up all my stuff (which I have to do one way or another :/)[/quote]

sad thing is i just reformatted it and replaced the power supply and its still running like crap
and even before that and currently ive scanned for viruses had have found none

ive basically given up hope on it so im basically gonna get a new comp since its not worth putting money into fixing this one and i need a laptop anyway

[quote name='Nelo Ice']sad thing is i just reformatted it and replaced the power supply and its still running like crap
and even before that and currently ive scanned for viruses had have found none

ive basically given up hope on it so im basically gonna get a new comp since its not worth putting money into fixing this one and i need a laptop anyway[/quote]
Huh...it must be a dinosaur D:

I'm also in the market of buying a laptop, I just need the portability and convenience, the one that bugs me is just when it comes time to upgrading it n' such. I enjoy the ease of popping out a part and replacing it on a Desktop :/

Plus the HD space doesn't seem to be nearly as great or as cheap :(
I can get 1 TB of space for a desktop but all the laptop HD's I've seen go up to 320 GB. I can really fill those up in just a month or two...

I need to get some bigger HDDs. Vista, programs, and games are filling up my 320. I keep my docs and whatnot on another 250. I thought I turned system restore off when I last installed Vista, but it was back on the other day. I turned it off and got 35 GB back. :)

Maybe I should get back to Mass Effect now? Too bad I've already played it on 360. . .

man my headset died today for the 360 =(

time to get another one.
sucks losing at halo because you can't communicate where they are...

man, I've yet to be hit by "off screen enemies" or experience those mid-loading battles gametrailers was complaining about in their review of NG2. On that note, the game is sooooooo good.

I've yet to find anything any of the reviews complained about in NG2. Granted I'm only to the first save point in Chapter 4, but yeah...

[quote name='daroga']I've yet to find anything any of the reviews complained about in NG2. Granted I'm only to the first save point in Chapter 4, but yeah...[/QUOTE]
Could be another case of "the reviewers aren't playing the same version you're playing." Which drives me nuts.

I've found slowdown pretty bad in the first chapter - The first time there's enemies with bow and arrow, fall down to the lower level before killing too many enemies. It starts to really chug.

Mid battle loading happened in chapter 2 also, just moving between areas. Screen tearing has been pretty consistent too.

I don't care one bit about any of those because it's the best action game I've ever played.

[quote name='MarkMan']Bumpin that Snake Eater...

That song got soullllllllllllllll[/quote]
But your soul SUPREME~

I should check out DMC4 sometime when it's cheap.

But probably I'll just continue to play NG2. Can anyone get me out of work so I can go home and play? ;)

[quote name='daroga']I should check out DMC4 sometime when it's cheap.

But probably I'll just continue to play NG2. Can anyone get me out of work so I can go home and play? ;)[/quote]
Heck I'll take your job! I need a new one, my current one blows farts :(

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I still prefer DMC4... *hides*[/quote]

Not knocking against DMC4, I like it quite a bit, but fights are much more satisfying without having to hear "SLAM DUNK!" every 4 seconds.

[quote name='Chacrana']IMO, NG2 kicks the shit out of DMC4, which was better than the original NG.[/QUOTE]

If by original you mean NG1 with no expansions, then maybe. maybe.

Speaking of which the PC demo and mission rank benchmark are up for download: http://www.gamershell.com/news_52200.html

[quote name='SL4IN']Not knocking against DMC4, I like it quite a bit, but fights are much more satisfying without having to hear "SLAM DUNK!" every 4 seconds.[/QUOTE]

"SMASH" "CRASH" jeezus...the DMC devs/translators must be the cheesiest guys ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back