B2G1 Free Select PS3 Greatest Hits at Walmart.com (LBP in and out of stock)

OMG. Just read that LBP was back in stock, so I added it, Resistance 2 and Ratchet to my cart and after I clicked confirm order, I get an error saying LBP is back out of stock!

Man I'm pissed!

[quote name='Thavron']OMG. Just read that LBP was back in stock, so I added it, Resistance 2 and Ratchet to my cart and after I clicked confirm order, I get an error saying LBP is back out of stock!

Man I'm pissed![/QUOTE]

Oh my Fodihfosudhfs9oudhf824ey God So ajshdfuashdf pissed right now. I can't believe this fofhsdofn bullahdofuihdofiun happend to me again! Twice! This happened! FDsfhosduifn you Walmart. Fsdsdofijdofjwih you!

"The following selection is currently out of stock:

• Little Big Planet: Game of the Year (PS3)

Please return to the product detail page to make a different selection."

It had to happen in like the 2 minutes I was doing the check out process. Grrrrrr!

Conflicted about LBP, on one hand I wish it was in stock when I made my order but on the other I'm still not sure exactly how much I would actually like the game. Though it would've been a better deal to get than the two games I did order that are pushing four years old. :lol:

On another note I'm sure others who ordered have had it ship but is your tracking number working and actually allowing for tracking because mine isn't.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Fantastic news - placed my order for LBP, Infamous, and Uncharted. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Already have/had Infamous and Uncharted, but I'm thinking of doing Little Big Planet, Ratchet, and Killzone 2 (the only ones left that I don't have and sort of want).

Hmm...kind of torn on whether they're worth $20, or if I should just rent. I didn't like the Little Big Planet demo much. I'd only be playing the single player real content. When I was 12 the creation stuff would have seemed really cool, but I'm way too lazy now :lol:

Ratchet...eh...I've only ever played demos, and never been impressed, but at least it looks nice enough, and the Future games seem more polished than the older ones.

Killzone...looks fantastic, though I wasn't that impressed by the demo of that either. But then I didn't like Resistance's demo, and it ended up being my favorite straight FPS in years.

So...hmm.

has anyone received their games yet. I opted for the free ship to store & my games are set to arrive tomorrow. I'm just wondering if ppl are receiving red or black labels on their games..

Just received my order. They gave me a black labeled Uncharted, not the greatest hits one. :bouncy:

Edit: Oh, and Resistance 2 was also a black label. R&C was greatest hits.

Might be in for socom if I like it enough based on reviews, infamous and I'm not sure what else. Maybe another LBP (already bought it from gamestop) to sell. Already have the rest except for gran turismo, but I'm not paying even a penny for a demo.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Just received my order. They gave me a black labeled Uncharted, not the greatest hits one. :bouncy:

Edit: Oh, and Resistance 2 was also a black label. R&C was greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

oh well thanx for the info. I ordered all 3 of those games. Just out of curiosity, but do the greatest hits games have a label that says they're gretest hits on the disc.

Dammit. I was just about to order inFamous, KZ2, and LBP, when LBP goes out of stock.

Oh well. If LBP becomes available again, I'll bite. Otherwise, the only other game there I don't have and kind of want is Resistance 2, but...I don't really want it THAT much, ya know?

EDIT: Oh! LBP is back in stock! And...ordered!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dapunisure']oh well thanx for the info. I ordered all 3 of those games. Just out of curiosity, but do the greatest hits games have a label that says they're gretest hits on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Didn't open them yet. I would imagine that it wouldn't say greatest hits on a black labeled case.

Got LBP! FINALLY!

I left my house with my wife and son to go to the mall and on the way I checked on my phone to see if they had it back in stock, sure enough, it was. Tried buying it on my crummy blackberry and I couldn't. Felt like throwing my phone out the window. Checked it throughout the day and it was still in stock. Like 20 mins from home I checked again, bam! Out of stock! I said, wow, there's a shocker.

Got home, went to the site just for giggles, and it was in stock! Without thinking I went for it. I got Uncharted, LBP and inFamous. Site to store. Hopefully it's fufilled by the store because I know the store I sent it to has LBP and inFamous in stock with the black lables.

And I just checked it out right now and LBP is out of stock AGAIN! Seriously, why is this game so popular again?? I know I want it bad. But I bought it when it first came out and sold it shortly after.

[quote name='Los 33x']I got Uncharted, LBP and inFamous. [/QUOTE]

Wow, those are the exact 3 I got, too!

Of these 4, which would you guys recommend more? (I'm already getting Ratchet & Clank and Little Big Planet):

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Infamous
Socom Confrontation

[quote name='teknikalei']Of these 4, which would you guys recommend more? (I'm already getting Ratchet & Clank and Little Big Planet):

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Infamous
Socom Confrontation[/QUOTE]

A lot of people say Socom Confrontation is crap, so I'd avoid that. I like Killzone 2 the most out of that batch, but you can't go wrong with any of the three games.

[quote name='teknikalei']Of these 4, which would you guys recommend more? (I'm already getting Ratchet & Clank and Little Big Planet):

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Infamous
Socom Confrontation[/QUOTE]

Of those 4, inFamous all the way. I played it when it first came out and it is an awesome game. I loved the story and can't wait for the sequel. The gameplay itself was good enough to make me want to buy it (which I just did) to play through it a second time (which will be different because you can play as a bad guy or good guy). So inFamous, no question.

Since everyone is giving opinions on game choices, what should I get for my last game?

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
or Uncharted.

Haven't played any of them. I am getting Infamous and LBP for the gf as my first two choices.

Thanks.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Since everyone is giving opinions on game choices, what should I get for my last game?

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
or Uncharted.

Haven't played any of them. I am getting Infamous and LBP for the gf as my first two choices.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I still say Killzone 2 if you want a great shooter, not saying that Resistance 2 is bad or anything.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Since everyone is giving opinions on game choices, what should I get for my last game?

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
or Uncharted.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you've never played Uncharted??

Ok, it's about what you want. Want a shooter? Go for either Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. I haven't played either of them so you'll have to hear someone elses take. But Uncharted.. amazing. Ok, maybe not amazing. Uncharted 2, AMAZING. Uncharted 1, about a step short of amazing. It's a really good story added with gameplay that can rival any Indiana Jones movie. It's one of those games that you can play for hours and not realize it. One of those games where it plays out and makes you feel like you're playing a movie. Uncharted 2 does that a lot more than 1, and does it a helluva lot better but that doesn't mean that 1 is not good at it.

Uncharted is one of the must plays for the PS3. And definately one of the must owns if you have any type of collection.

Just do yourself a favor and get it if it's in your choices. No matter how good Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 may be, I think Uncharted trumps them both, even though I haven't played either.

Hope it helps. I wrote a review on Uncharted 2. But only played Uncharted: DF a while ago. Can't wait to play it again.

I was going to change Uncharted for The God of War Collection, but recently decided to keep the game I am currently praising to you. :D

Thanks everybody for your feedback. I checked reviews and went with Killzone 2. I want inFamous as well, but I just bought prototype so I think that will do me for that kind of action game for a while.

Either that, or I might get a wild hair up my butt and order infamous with another copy of LBP and something else just to add to my (non existent but aspiring) tradelist.

I've played Infamous, Killzone 2, and Uncharted.... Killzone 2 by far hands down.. best game.. mutliplayer online is sick! Awesome game.. Infamous is cool.. Uncharted.. ehh not really into playing Indiana Jones haha

What about single player on Killzone 2? I hate deathmatch and would never play it.

I don't like Uncharted 1 much, but it's nothing like Indiana Jones. It's just an FPS. The sequel's way better (despite feeling like a real sequel...somehow it just feels like how I expected the first one to feel).

Yes, "third person shooter", but I'm tired of saying "shooter" when third person shooters are basically identical to first person shooters, other than the camera is pulled back a few feet.

So anyone checking their status after they order? My Uncharted shipped to the store I sent it to but LBP and InFamous are still processing. Think it's because the store already has them there? (I called the store before I ordered and clarified that)

How is the status going for everyone else? Did everything ship at the same time or seperately?

[quote name='Los 33x']So anyone checking their status after they order? My Uncharted shipped to the store I sent it to but LBP and InFamous are still processing. Think it's because the store already has them there? (I called the store before I ordered and clarified that)

How is the status going for everyone else? Did everything ship at the same time or seperately?[/QUOTE]
I ordered minutes after the post was created and I just got a notice this morning that said they were on their way (but not there yet).

I probably should have just paid the $2.50 for shipping. Oh well.

my first order I placed on sunday(kz2,r2, & uncharted) all arrived at my local store together this morning. My 2nd order has lbp & infamous coming to my local store tomorrow & r&c on monday.

My order supposedly shipped Monday and only now three days later has my tracking number actually updated to show anything...... That Walmart.com's cheap-o UPS Mail "Innovations" has actually apparently retrieved it in Atlanta, GA. From previous experience with the site it should have been here today. >_

I missed on Sunday when LBP was in stock so I ordered around midnight on Tuesday. The order was shipped Wednesday and right now is sitting about 10 miles from my house waiting to be processed into USPS. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I didn't know that if you order site-to-store, Walmart will fill your orders with on shelve items. Seeing how mine had everything I ordered, I'll have to try that next time.

what the fuck iss ups mail innovations man the tracking numbers dont even look like ups numbers who delivers the package usps or ups?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chipper112']I missed on Sunday when LBP was in stock so I ordered around midnight on Tuesday. The order was shipped Wednesday and right now is sitting about 10 miles from my house waiting to be processed into USPS. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I didn't know that if you order site-to-store, Walmart will fill your orders with on shelve items. Seeing how mine had everything I ordered, I'll have to try that next time.[/QUOTE]

What part of the country are you in and what was the initial location on the tracking? I've thought about using Ship to Store but it always looks to have a much longer estimated delivery time though maybe that isn't always the actual case. If I lived closer to a Walmart I'd give it a shot but I've always had everything I've ordered from WM.com arrive in three days from the day it shipped..

[quote name='killer9']what the fuck iss ups mail innovations man the tracking numbers dont even blook like ups numbers who delivers the package usps or ups?[/QUOTE]

It's UPS's cheapo mail sorting thing that's a middleman used to hand stuff off to USPS for delivery at one of their sort facilities. It's a USPS tracking number.

bread's done
Back