B2G2 Pre-Owned Games (Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS) @ Best Buy

KansasCityKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I'm dying to play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. A local store has a used copy. I think I may take my whole B2G2 order up there and try to exchange Paper Mario for Theatrhythm. I hope if I bring everything in the order that it won't be a problem.

Woot got my games yesterday. So excited to play them. Got Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land as generic cases, but both NSMB 2 and Mystery Dungeon came complete.

this deal is now buy 2, get one free. when i put 4 games in my cart only 1 shows up as free,

still haven't been able to get anything good from this deal. even tried checking for the mini restock at 1am CST.

this deal is now buy 2, get one free. when i put 4 games in my cart only 1 shows up as free,

still haven't been able to get anything good from this deal. even tried checking for the mini restock at 1am CST.
That might have been luck just on my end because for me last week, the only time I saw restocks happen was at that time and they quickly went away in 5minutes. I don't know if the site was simply being glitchy like reported earlier but both my orders have shipped. Now that the b2g2 is gone, your chance at getting something should be higher since the people doing this to only flip should be gone now.

does anyone know how soon i can return an item placed for in-store pickup?

i'd like to do a return/rebuy on an order i placed with a CS rep since i noticed i didnt get the extra 10% off on the pre-owned games.

i'd like to do a return/rebuy on an order i placed with a CS rep since i noticed i didnt get the extra 10% off on the pre-owned games.
After 24 hours have passed since you picked up the item.

I know the sale is already over, but just happy to report that out of the 8 Wii games ordered, 5 of them came complete with original artwork and manual (no CN codes though), 2 with artwork and no manual, and only one that came with the generic BBY cover and disc only.

They must have a great resurface machine at their warehouse, all the discs look perfect as well.

I ordered Pokemon Rumble Blast, Soulsilver, Heartgold, Etrian Odyssey IV, LoZ x2, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Tennis, Soul Hackers, Castlevania 3DS and New Super Mario 2 3DS for $150. All but Soulsilver, Castlevania, and Heartgold came incomplete. 

I was able to trade in 6 of these to GS for $150 with the trade 2 promo; I essentially got 6 of the games for free.

I ordered Pokemon Rumble Blast, Soulsilver, Heartgold, Etrian Odyssey IV, LoZ x2, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Tennis, Soul Hackers, Castlevania 3DS and New Super Mario 2 3DS for $150. All but Soulsilver, Castlevania, and Heartgold came incomplete.

I was able to trade in 6 of these to GS for $150 with the trade 2 promo; I essentially got 6 of the games for free.
do you get 25 each

or 25 each + price of game

Last edited by a moderator:
All mine came complete looking brand new. Only thing missing was the nintendo code slips. Very satisfied. 

@slidecage: check gamestops website under trade offers

just go in to pickup and cancel the transaction. then buy it there.

I just recently got a DS. I still don't have a 3DS.

I bought Mariokart DS, Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story, Yoshi's Island DS, and Mario 64. They were all cart only in generic cases except for Bowser's Inside Story   :whistle2:(

I bought the replacement artwork from BRE over the weekend during their free shipping promotion  :whistle2:D

What an annoyance this sale is turning into.  Got one of my orders but now the other's missing.  To complicate matters the tracking number of the delivered ones says it was left at the post office for pick up and the missing one says delivered and the post office doesn't have it.

I just recently got a DS. I still don't have a 3DS.

I bought Mariokart DS, Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story, Yoshi's Island DS, and Mario 64. They were all cart only in generic cases except for Bowser's Inside Story :whistle2:(

I bought the replacement artwork from BRE over the weekend during their free shipping promotion :whistle2:D
So your Bowser's Inside Story was complete?

All mine came complete looking brand new. Only thing missing was the nintendo code slips. Very satisfied.

@slidecage: check gamestops website under trade offers
this is what is throwing me

Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit.

Net credit after promo is 50 or greater how can it be greater then 50. Do you get 25 each game or do you get 25 + vaule of each game traded in.

tempted to trade in

Super mario bros 2 (what i go from this sale)

and

Pokemon black 2

and get

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/ys-memories-of-celceta-silver-anniversary-edition/111572

Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversary Edition

but one store said IT WOULD NOT WORK ... will try another one tomorrow

Received second order quickly. The first order was at the same location (PA) on the same day. It was being delivered in PA. Package ETA was 5 days later... Odd!

Now the package is in Illinois. Awesome. GPS must be avoiding tolls or something.

Just find the cheapest game GS sells new in store, buy that without mentioning you'd like to trade in the two games towards the 2 for promo and let them put the leftover credit after that purchase on a gc for you. That's how I always do it when GS has one of these offers.

Then it's up to you if you want to return the new game for whatever you paid out of the $50 promo credit back or not.

Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit.

Net credit after promo is 50 or greater how can it be greater then 50. Do you get 25 each game or do you get 25 + vaule of each game traded in.

tempted to trade in

and

Pokemon black 2

and get

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/ys-memories-of-celceta-silver-anniversary-edition/111572

You get a minimum of $25 per game towards a new game. In some cases, the game may be worth more than $25. In this case, you will just get the base value with no bonus. You'll get a minimum of $50 towards the purchase of a new game. This can be any new game. Many have suggestrf to get "America's Test Kitchen" for the Nintendo DS as it's $1 and triggers the promotion. The promotion is automatic and will adjust the values if two of the games on the list are traded in. I believe preorders are YMMV, hence the GS not saying it will work with an unreleased game. At least one person on the GS thread was successful at getting a pre-order to work. I don't know if it required a manual override.

Your other option is to just to a return of whatever new game you bought for all your credit back. Just don't return 7 games in a single go.

tempted to trade in

and

Pokemon black 2

and get

You get $25 for each game making it $50 plus the PUR 10% if your a PRO member. So basically you can get about $26 per game. ~$52 about.

To write it out in elementary terms:

Black 2 is worth $12 (extra $13 for the trade 2) plus $1.20 for PUR pro = $26.20

NSMB2 is worth $12 as well I think (extra $13 for the trade 2) plus $1.20 for PUR Pro = $26.20

Total $52.40

EDIT: Forgot to mention you have to buy a new game that is out now.

You get a minimum of $25 per game towards a new game. In some cases, the game may be worth more than $25. In this case, you will just get the base value with no bonus. You'll get a minimum of $50 towards the purchase of a new game. This can be any new game. Many have suggestrf to get "America's Test Kitchen" for the Nintendo DS as it's $1 and triggers the promotion. The promotion is automatic and will adjust the values if two of the games on the list are traded in. I believe preorders are YMMV, hence the GS not saying it will work with an unreleased game. At least one person on the GS thread was successful at getting a pre-order to work. I don't know if it required a manual override.

Your other option is to just to a return of whatever new game you bought for all your credit back. Just don't return 7 games in a single go.
Pardon me for sounding like a complete idiot but what would be the benefit of buying America's Test Kitchen instead of a greater value new game?

Was finally able to get my shipment of games from my sister today. All 4 in original cases!  I have had pretty good luck with 3DS games at Best Buy so far, 50/50 with DS games.

Is there a list anywhere for the eligible games for the trade 2 for a new game GS promo?  The link on the TIV thread is broken and I don't see anything on GS's site.  Thanks in advance.

Got my 4 today.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: No manual, no case.

Smash Bros Brawl and Donkey Kong had cases and artwork.

Zelda Skyward Sword had case, artwork and manual.

No club nintendo codes.

Very pleased.

Yet another disappointing outcome as far as complete games:

Pokemon Platinum (complete)

Chrono Trigger (cart only)

Sonic Classic Collection (cart only)

Kirby Mass Attack (cart only, with a crushed back corner)

Still, $40 and change for 4 games isn't bad.

Going off topic here but which Kirby game is better. Keep in mind its my first Kirby game....ever. Kirbys Epic Yarn or Kirbys Return to Dreamland. Preferably a game to play with the girl.

Going off topic here but which Kirby game is better. Keep in mind its my first Kirby game....ever. Kirbys Epic Yarn or Kirbys Return to Dreamland. Preferably a game to play with the girl.
Well they're both very good and very different. Epic Yarn is a huge divergence for the series and was a lot of fun but super, super easy. Like it was made so that even ten year olds won't get frustrated. Return to Dream Land is much more in the vein of a typical Kirby game.

Well they're both very good and very different. Epic Yarn is a huge divergence for the series and was a lot of fun but super, super easy. Like it was made so that even ten year olds won't get frustrated. Return to Dream Land is much more in the vein of a typical Kirby game.
I can see what you mean where its aimed to a younger crowd. I guess I will go with Return to Dreamland. It seems very chaotic lol, thanks!

I can see what you mean where its aimed to a younger crowd. I guess I will go with Return to Dreamland. It seems very chaotic lol, thanks!
Don't get me wrong, Epic Yarn is really good and a really fresh take on a long running franchise. It's just not a game that's going to give most people much if any challenge.

Don't get me wrong, Epic Yarn is really good and a really fresh take on a long running franchise. It's just not a game that's going to give most people much if any challenge.
I like the idea of changing into different things to advance the level. I shall give it a try as well after all its way cheaper than Return to Dreamland. But I know I'll probably end up getting both with another sale lol

One of my orders finally came in.  The game that mattered had its cover art and case only.  I don't think MH3U had a manual in the first place but not a lost at all if it did.  Now just need to get my Luigi Mansion in  a working condition and I'll be good.

We all got our orders and they sometimes come with CiB, I get it. Can we not bump this dead thread?
It's useful information, as Best Buy will have plenty of B2G1 pre-owned sales (one going on right now). The rate of CIBs to cart / disk only can be a big tipping decision if its worth the price for someone. At worst you can just not read the thread, the mods will lock / move the thread if they deem it necessary to.

If this is your first Kirby game, I would moreso suggest Epic Yarn, since it really is an offshoot of how the other main titles play (and you've yet to be spoiled on the trademark Copy ability). Cheaper price, more streamlined multiplayer, and more polished gameplay period (although again, not true Kirby gameplay), plus the transformation sections keep the gameplay pretty fresh.

KRtD is a great game, and has more complexities that a typical gamer would appreciate moreso than a newcomer. Each of the copy abilities have a few to a half dozen combo moves, but overall just feels a bit clunky compared to KEY's smooth and simple mechanics. Both games are pretty easy though, so either one would be a good choice.

I'll start with Epic Yarn first seeing how is the oldest/cheapest. Thanks for your reply.

I just read Nintendo is dropping the price on some games I bought using this promo, if Best Buy drops the price on the used games I bought could I get a refund on the price difference?

bread's done
Back