New Bundle is $449
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
XBOX 360 Premium Console
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Test drive Unlimited
[/FONT]
LINK

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.[/quote]

$360
Possible price mistake. Even if you don't like the games you could sell them on ebay and make about $110, making the premium bundle $250 + shipping. Shipping for me was about $11.

LINK

Have fun!

If you say the customer is always right on the phone, you will lose, because the customer is not always right.

my order says 12:03am EST on 10/9, and I was cancelled. I didn't think there could have been that many orders ahead of mine. I sent a mostly nice email to the address they provided, and I will be calling them tommrow.

I tried tonight, but the extremely loud and horrible music made me give up.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Grow up, kid. There's nothing here to "rectify." You want the bundle for the obviously ridiculous price of $360, and it's just not going to happen. Man up.[/quote]

Man up? You're the pussy here. He's absolutely right to stand up for himself and try and make them honor the deal. I've "rectified" plenty of similar situations through perseverance. If you wanna bend over and spread your cheeks for people that's fine, but let the real men fight their battles.

Just accept that it is a price mistake and not outpost trying to scam you. Just because there are some confussion among the CSR doesnt mean they are out to get you. If they offer the bundle with 1 more game at a much higher price then you might have a case of it being a bait and switch. Majority of the price mistake gets cancel, and it is not something you should get your hope on.

The B&M store Fry's have some problems, but it is one of the best store around with their liberal return policy and low price. Their site often offer games at $10 below MSRP shipped with no tax at most state, and it is lame people think Fry's/outpost is bad because they didnt get in on a mistake.

[quote name='robbart914']It's not a bait and switch when the price is a listing error. Damn people, that stuff happens.[/QUOTE]

It is if the same exact bundle is offered at a slightly higher price. They threw the bait out there, cancelled the orders and in effect got a week of free advertising for those people to come back for the higher(but still reasonable) price, aka the switch. This is the EXACT definition of it.

Until the new deal pans out though it is just a price mistake.

[quote name='Corvin']It is if the same exact bundle is offered at a slightly higher price. They threw the bait out there, cancelled the orders and in effect got a week of free advertising for those people to come back for the higher(but still reasonable) price, aka the switch. This is the EXACT definition of it.

Until the new deal pans out though it is just a price mistake.[/QUOTE]
Um online order get cancel all the time due to price mistake. Do you think amazon is bait and switching with the Trauma Center Wii order if they dont cancel the orders right away? If they offer bundle, great. If not, just move on.

[quote name='62t']Um online order get cancel all the time due to price mistake. Do you think amazon is bait and switching with the Trauma Center Wii order if they dont cancel the orders right away? If they offer bundle, great. If not, just move on.[/QUOTE]

Not the same. Sure they always get cancelled, but how many companies openly tell you that there will be a better/similar deal in a couple of days for you to check out? They hooked you on the $360 price bundle, aka opened your ears & eyes to their business only to point you to a higher priced deal(that is still enticing). Like a lot of people said, they would still bite at $450. That is bait and switch.

If they just cancelled orders with no mention of a future sale it would be different, it would be a price mistake and nothing more. This new sale leaves interpretation open as to if this could be construed as intentional, which is fraudulent.

[quote name='Corvin']Not the same. Sure they always get cancelled, but how many companies openly tell you that there will be a better/similar deal in a couple of days for you to check out? They hooked you on the $360 price bundle, aka opened your ears & eyes to their business only to point you to a higher priced deal(that is still enticing). Like a lot of people said, they would still bite at $450. That is bait and switch.

If they just cancelled orders with no mention of a future sale it would be different, it would be a price mistake and nothing more. This new sale leaves interpretation open as to if this could be construed as intentional, which is fraudulent.[/QUOTE]

Bait and switch is illegal, and if someone at outpost.com mentions a better deal later, then raise hell and mention the exact words "illegal bait and switch".

I'm rootin' for Dan. Give 'em hell.

Bait and Switch is offering something for a good price but not have any of said product in stock so the store pushes a more expensive diff product. Key word, different. Offering something for a price and then pulling it for a higher price is cleared by their disclaimer that they don't have to be held responsible by pricing errors. It's dirty but it is legal. I've seen tons of Best Buy correction notices right when I walk it as of late which is the same. If they offered up a different bundle for more, then that's b&s.

Checked my email this morning and got the dreaded "your order has been canceled" email. It was wishful thinking it would come through, but at least the wife won't be mad at me for ordering it!

-Biscuit

[quote name='orochi']Bait and Switch is offering something for a good price but not have any of said product in stock so the store pushes a more expensive diff product. Key word, different. Offering something for a price and then pulling it for a higher price is cleared by their disclaimer that they don't have to be held responsible by pricing errors. It's dirty but it is legal. I've seen tons of Best Buy correction notices right when I walk it as of late which is the same. If they offered up a different bundle for more, then that's b&s.[/QUOTE]

I think we're all arguing semantics at this point. I don't see any difference to me as a consumer bewteen these under handed practices:

baiting product A at price A, then switching with product B at price B (this is what Frys is doing if they offer a different bundle for that price this saturday)

baiting product A at price A, then switching with Product A at price B. (this is what Frys is doing now by offering the same bundle at a significantly higher price)

I think one could argue bait and switch on either of those. I also didn't see a disclaimer on ym product page. I have a screenshot of it at home and I can check. If all companies had to have was a disclaimer, then we would see this everywhere. Quite frankly, I think we are seeing it pretty often now and I think people should do something about it.

I, for one, will be checking my Credit card statement a little closer this month. Who knows what else they screwed up.

This is why I do not buy anything from Fry's Electronics or Outpost.com. Ever.
I just use their weekly ads to PM at other stores for lower prices (10% price difference).

[quote name='Venkman']I think we're all arguing semantics at this point. I don't see any difference to me as a consumer bewteen these under handed practices:

baiting product A at price A, then switching with product B at price B (this is what Frys is doing if they offer a different bundle for that price this saturday)

baiting product A at price A, then switching with Product A at price B. (this is what Frys is doing now by offering the same bundle at a significantly higher price)

I think one could argue bait and switch on either of those. I also didn't see a disclaimer on ym product page. I have a screenshot of it at home and I can check. If all companies had to have was a disclaimer, then we would see this everywhere. Quite frankly, I think we are seeing it pretty often now and I think people should do something about it.

I, for one, will be checking my Credit card statement a little closer this month. Who knows what else they screwed up.[/QUOTE]

You listed 2 scenarios where one is illegal (Under US law) and one isn't. Scenario 1 is B&S, scenario 2 can be an honest to God pricing error. It happens. It may seem like b&s to you but under the law, it's not.

The disclaimer is on the site but not on every page. It's under their Customer Care -> Legal Notice -> Errors and Omissions sections. Most big company sites have one and it's in small print on the ads that they print up every week. As long as it's somewhere accessible, they're covered legally. Some places that I've dealt with, they'll honor the first couple of errors but then they start printing up ad corrections. Like Sears and the whole 360 HD debacle a few weeks back. No one bitched about b&S when they found out that it was back to $100 cause it was an obvious error. At $360, that was an obvious error as well.

$460.23 with shipping for PA. Even with all these games I think its still too close to $500 for me to buy this. I rather have one of those games and get it for under $400. I know I could sell the games, Im just not looking for that much hassle.

well, think about it $500 is still a good deal with those games

separately; saints row $40/ dead rising $60/test drive: $40

overtsock.com premium: about $350 or so

so $500 sounds just aobut right

and quit with this complaining..it was a pricing error, just move on!

if some of these deals went through i can understand maybe feeling alittle cheated that your order didnt. but they did a mass cancellation, so no one got in on that deal

[quote name='ncllb33']Im guessing this is the deal that was rumoured, I dont know how much better they can do than this price. $450 for this is still a hell of a deal. Obvi not as great as the glitch.[/quote]
Not quite "hell of a deal." They changed it from $360 to $450. That effectively turns the original "great deal" into a "non-deal." Like the above guy mentioned, $350 for a 360 at Overstock, plus $35 for Dead Rising (with GGC, next week @BB its dropping to $40), plus $35 for Test Drive (with GGC), plus $55 for Saints Row (with GGC) = $475. You save a whopping $25?

*Edit* Tack on $10 shipping and that pretty much kills it. Add an extra $20 to $30 for any states like CA that require tax.

Hey Kendro, what's GGC? I keep finding stuff about the Georgia Gulf Corporation on Google.

EDIT: And also, what's this about $350 for a 360 on Overstock? The only one I'm finding there is $398.

Gamer Gift Card

At Best Buy, you can purchase these GGCs and it comes with a $5 off any game over $29.99 (or $19.99 I can't remember) coupon

[quote name='Zimarooski']Hey Kendro, what's GGC? I keep finding stuff about the Georgia Gulf Corporation on Google.[/quote]

[quote name='Kendro']Not quite "hell of a deal." They changed it from $360 to $450. That effectively turns the original "great deal" into a "non-deal." Like the above guy mentioned, $350 for a 360 at Overstock, plus $35 for Dead Rising (with GGC, next week @BB its dropping to $40), plus $35 for Test Drive (with GGC), plus $55 for Saints Row (with GGC) = $475. You save a whopping $25?

*Edit* Tack on $10 shipping and that pretty much kills it. Add an extra $20 to $30 for any states like CA that require tax.[/QUOTE]

There are other factors to consider though. Such as I actually get charged tax at overstock.

I'd bite on this deal if it had free shipping. But otherwise, I don't think so.

[quote name='Zimarooski']Hey Kendro, what's GGC? I keep finding stuff about the Georgia Gulf Corporation on Google.

EDIT: And also, what's this about $350 for a 360 on Overstock? The only one I'm finding there is $398.[/quote]

Check your private messages.

[quote name='thrustbucket']There are other factors to consider though. Such as I actually get charged tax at overstock.

I'd bite on this deal if it had free shipping. But otherwise, I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

Same situation but reverse role with me. There are Fry's in Texas, so I'm taxed. But since one just came up 15 miles away from me, can't really say that like it's a bad thing.

[quote name='Kendro']Not quite "hell of a deal." They changed it from $360 to $450. That effectively turns the original "great deal" into a "non-deal." Like the above guy mentioned, $350 for a 360 at Overstock, plus $35 for Dead Rising (with GGC, next week @BB its dropping to $40), plus $35 for Test Drive (with GGC), plus $55 for Saints Row (with GGC) = $475. You save a whopping $25?

*Edit* Tack on $10 shipping and that pretty much kills it. Add an extra $20 to $30 for any states like CA that require tax.[/quote]

I hadnt realized that Test Drive and Dead Rising have dropped that much already.

[quote name='orochi']You listed 2 scenarios where one is illegal (Under US law) and one isn't. Scenario 1 is B&S, scenario 2 can be an honest to God pricing error. It happens. It may seem like b&s to you but under the law, it's not.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, and I don't disagree.

But what if it isn't an error? What if they did this on purpose to get the massive attention they have now? Everyone on Fat wallet, slick deals, and CAG are going to be watching that now, driving a huge amount of traffic to that site. Unfortunately all we have is their word.

If it ain't bait and switch, then it could be deceptive advertising.

Regardless though, I have a sour taste in my mouth after this one. I'll just get systems at best buy, where I can get the replacement plan and walk it back into the local store if there is a problem.

[quote name='ncllb33']I hadnt realized that Test Drive and Dead Rising have dropped that much already.[/QUOTE]

Test Drive came out at $40, a nice move by the publisher to get more sales by charging less.

I hope it worked for them, because with GGC's, I would buy more new games then and support the industry that way.

it's a really good deal, I just wish I wanted to play Saints Row or Test Drive, but I don't. If I knew I could dump those two games for like 90 bucks I'd be more assured... Then again I think I am going to hit up Costco so I can get the lifetime warranty.

[quote name='canedaddy']It was a lot more enticing when it was $349.[/QUOTE]

That's how Fry's rolls. And if they get too many orders at 449, somebody will say, "Hmm. Cancel all the orders and lets make it that price and your pick of one of the games."

I don't know whether to order this and sell the games (I just want Gears of War) or order the Overstock premium for $340 shipped.

What do you guys suggest?

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']I don't know whether to order this and sell the games (I just want Gears of War) or order the Overstock premium for $340 shipped.

What do you guys suggest?[/QUOTE]

Get this one, sell the 3 games, get Gears of War and have $$$ left over.

bread's done
Back