New Bundle is $449
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
XBOX 360 Premium Console
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Test drive Unlimited
[/FONT]
LINK

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.[/quote]

$360
Possible price mistake. Even if you don't like the games you could sell them on ebay and make about $110, making the premium bundle $250 + shipping. Shipping for me was about $11.

LINK

Have fun!

They cancelled the orders, the "In Process" should go away in a few days (their system is slow or something).

I didn't have the heart to start yelling at the (seemingly) little old lady that answered the phone. If anyone calls and complains and actually gets their order to go through, I'm going to call back and raise hell. Until then, I'm writing it off as a loss.

Frys told me they "lost" the info thats why they couldnt let people know that it was a "price glitch" Holding took FOREVER and that music was fucking awful. Never will I order from them again...they never have anything good anyway!

See, that is why I didn't call yet, as it may still be in their system, and they could be cancelling the people who call, or something. Nothing that really makes sense, and since now I know their system is slow, I can probably wait it out.

[quote name='optimalprimer']Man, I remember a time of honesty and integrity in stores when a price mistake occured: they'd either honor it or do their best to give you a legitamite deal. From what I'm seeing, Fry's/Outpost is just blowing people off and saying either "too bad" or "here's a worse deal" or "catch the deal later" (which everyone and their mother now knows about).

I'm seeing this more and more, from Amazon to Sears. There seems to be no accountability, and some might make the claim that these retailers are using bait-and-switch tactics.

Has anyone ever considered lodging a formal complaint or filing something with the BBB?

Maybe I'm overblowing this, but I got in on this deal last night, and so far, almost 24 hrs later, I've received no notice. If I immediately received a response, or a notice was made concerning their mistake, I'd be less bitter. But all this heresay here and on other forums and the company's lack of consistent answers (without any real personal contact other than people having to take their own time to call) is starting to get my blood boiling.[/quote]

I totally agree. I can't stand how many of these e-retailers don't even take the time to send you an email. I ordered (and was charged) for Warhammer (the fantasy RTS) several months ago. It was ten dollars or something like that - I knew at the time it was likely a pricing error. HOWEVER, they cancelled my order (and did refund my card) but never sent me any notification of any sort. That's fucked up. How hard is it to send a chain email to your customers and maybe offer them a free shipping coupon or SOMETHING.. i mean, they DID waste your time - and furthermore, you might miss out on another deal since they're temporarily holldin' down your business.

Serious, this is making me very frustrated! Either cancel the damn order and send a notice of the action, or somehow compensate for their mistake. It'll be cool if they honor the original deal all together, but the least they could do is give those who managed to get their orders in, before it was pulled, first dibs on their "alternative" bundles and not tell us to wait til Saturday like everyone else!

Putting us in limbo is so irritating!!!!!!!!

[quote name='asdf2k6']Serious, this is making me very frustrated! Either cancel the damn order and send a notice of the action, or somehow compensate for their mistake. It'll be cool if they honor the original deal all together, but the least they could do is give those who managed to get their orders in, before it was pulled, first dibs on their "alternative" bundles and not tell us to wait til Saturday like everyone else!

Putting us in limbo is so irritating!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I can't count the number of time I've refreshed this page seeing to see if by any chance there have been any positive developments. This would be so much easier if I could just give up hope altogether, but as long as there's still some chance I'll be getting my 360 I can't not get distracted by this. I'm supposed to be reading my textbook right now, but it seems like after every 2 pages I have to refresh again. Argh

Now that this is almost totally cancelled, I don't mind so much. I still have plenty of current gen games to play through (God Hand is out soon, FFXII with 16:9 support, etc).

I still haven't beaten about half of my current gen games. Plus I don't need to spend $400 on gaming right before a move. I will have to buy lots of little stuff that will add up, I'm sure.

Annoying as hell, but in the end I don't need to spend that money. I will, however, think twice about ordering from Fry's in the future.

Best way to look at pricing or coupon errors is like a game.

You win some but you also lose some.

Also, it's business not personal, granted the handling of things like this could be better but ask yourself if it was you money would you be willing to lose that much.

In the end life is too short to obsess over something like this.

If I don't get an acknowledgment of cancellation until after the new bundle has been announced (and presumably sells out), *then* I think I'll have reason to complain.

well it's back up at 200 dollars more.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5017865

really cool outpost, put up something at one price, get everybody excited and tons of orders placed take it down and put the same thing back up at a higher price, really cool.

also notice how it says when orders placed between 10-08-10-24, which is the day i placed my order at the originally advertised price.

[quote name='GMaxx']Best way to look at pricing or coupon errors is like a game.

You win some but you also lose some.

Also, it's business not personal, granted the handling of things like this could be better but ask yourself if it was you money would you be willing to lose that much.

In the end life is too short to obsess over something like this.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If it goes through, great, you got in on a sweet deal. If not, fuck it, it was worth a shot. Life goes on.

I can't see how anyone thinks they are entitled to a $200 error. The way it is being handled is indeed bullshit, but if they decide not to honor it, oh well.

Just checked my order...

My "Order Status" page says "Order Being Processed", and when the order number is clicked, it now lists out all of the individual items as being "In Process", whereas before it just listed the bundle. Each item in the bundle is listed with 0.00 cost, and the bundle is listed at the bottom at $359.

This happened within the last 30 minutes or so.

Folks, don't want to get your hopes up, but this looks like it MIGHT happen...

On the other hand, I still didn't get my confirmation email.

[quote name='supamuthafluffinvillain']well it's back up at 200 dollars more.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5017865

really cool outpost, put up something at one price, get everybody excited and tons of orders placed take it down and put the same thing back up at a higher price, really cool.

also notice how it says when orders placed between 10-08-10-24, which is the day i placed my order at the originally advertised price.[/quote]

wtf.. thats how much it costs to buy console and games individually...........

[quote name='gorgo']Just checked my order...[/QUOTE]

Same here! No charge on my card though, so it might just mean that "processed" is another word for "cancelled" ;)

[quote name='gorgo']Just checked my order...

My "Order Status" page says "Order Being Processed", and when the order number is clicked, it now lists out all of the individual items as being "In Process", whereas before it just listed the bundle. Each item in the bundle is listed with 0.00 cost, and the bundle is listed at the bottom at $359.

This happened within the last 30 minutes or so.

Folks, don't want to get your hopes up, but this looks like it MIGHT happen...

On the other hand, I still didn't get my confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not joking. I'm praying to the video game gods in hopes that mine goes through.

Yeah, what gorgo just said. They're doing something weird, and I have no idea what, but they're obviously messing with the items in the cart. Like so:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial] In Process [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial][FONT=Helvetica, Arial] 4611488[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] XBOX 360 Premium Game System [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $0.00[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] In Process [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial][FONT=Helvetica, Arial] 4777079[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] Test Drive Unlimited XBOX 360 [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $0.00[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] In Process [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial][FONT=Helvetica, Arial] 4881450[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] Dead Rising - XBOX 360 [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $0.00[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] In Process [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial][FONT=Helvetica, Arial] 4947421[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] Saint's Row - Xbox 360 [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $0.00[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] In Process [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial][FONT=Helvetica, Arial] 5017865[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] XBOX 360 Premium Bundle w/ 3 Games [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $359.96[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$359.96[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]
Order Total:
[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$370.20

I'm going to be watching this as close as possible to see what they do. I'll be pissed as all heck if they try to stick me with extra costs. Either send it through or cancel it.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I hope you're not joking. I'm praying to the video game gods in hopes that mine goes through.[/QUOTE]

No way I'd joke about that... good luck!

whoa. Looks like mine is being processed. ?!?

Instead of "new order" like before it says "order being processed." When you click the order number, a different layout shows up as well. Instead of the 360/3 game bundle, it lists everything seperately, and as "in process." Or am I losing my mind? I haven't checked mine as religiously as everyone else.

orderix8.jpg

*edit lol - I guess I'm not crazy. And damn that is a lot of posts in a two minute period while I grabbed a screenshot. :)

[quote name='SiW']Same here! No charge on my card though, so it might just mean that "processed" is another word for "cancelled" ;)[/quote]

im getting the same thing! oh and your cc wont be charged until the items have been shipped

um yea wth is goin on? i cant click on my order number, theres no link, and the page is still the same as before for me. Are u guys just checking through "track your order"??

[quote name='psychoxfoo']um yea wth is goin on? i cant click on my order number, theres no link, and the page is still the same as before for me. Are u guys just checking through "track your order"??[/QUOTE]

yes

Guess I was late to the party since my order is still "New" and hasn't changed to processing. Still lists only the bundle and not each item individually.

I don't need a 360 but getting one at this price would be great. Hopefully my order will go through.

For the people who have the change in their order. What time did you place your order? (The time is located at the top of the order status)

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']For the people who have the change in their order. What time did you place your order? (The time is located at the top of the order status)[/QUOTE]

OCT 09, 2006 06:51 AM

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']For the people who have the change in their order. What time did you place your order? (The time is located at the top of the order status)[/quote] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]OCT 09, 2006 03:35 AM[/FONT]

[quote name='spidey']If they're changing orders, they aren't doing them according to when they were placed.

OCT 09, 2006 12:35 AM[/quote]
Might sound crazy but maybe based on how much people paid. [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Order Total:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$405.66[/FONT]

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']For the people who have the change in their order. What time did you place your order? (The time is located at the top of the order status)[/QUOTE]

Order Date: OCT 09, 2006 01:53 AM

Order Total: $369.00

[quote name='spidey']Did you have anything else in your cart or is your order total based on 2 day shipping and tax?[/quote]Me? no thats just the bundle, tax and ground shipping.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Subtotal:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $359.96[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Net Product:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial] $359.96[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]
Ground Shipping:
[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$16.52[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Shipping Savings:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]-$0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Sales Tax:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$29.18[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Order Total:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]$405.66[/FONT]

[quote name='spidey']Did you have anything else in your cart or is your order total based on 2 day shipping and tax?[/QUOTE]

see below:
orderix8.jpg

Ground shipping: $9.04
Sales Tax: $0

[quote name='Corvin']see below:
orderix8.jpg

Ground shipping: $9.04
Sales Tax: $0[/QUOTE]

Forgot to quote, I was directing the question at kipz.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']There might be hope. I heard that all the stand-alone 360s are out of stock, is this true? If it is, they might be using them to fill the orders.[/quote]https://shop3.outpost.com/product/4611488?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
"Call for availibility"
https://shop3.outpost.com/product/4881450?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Dead rising "Call for availibility"
https://shop3.outpost.com/product/4947421?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Saints row "Call for availibility"
https://shop3.outpost.com/product/4777079?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Test drive "Call for availibility"

lol after all those phone calls and emails sent, friggin outpost already said 293812 times that all orders were canceled, deleted blahblah.... do u guys reallllllllly think it will just magically work out for us? well i certainly hope so but what's goin on right now really just seems to be them working out some dumbass way to delete our crap............ man this better come through for us, or maybe we can wait for that black 360:booty: and a quieter system.

Cancelled 4611488 XBOX 360 Premium Game System 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 4777079 Test Drive Unlimited XBOX 360 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 4881450 Dead Rising - XBOX 360 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 4947421 Saint's Row - Xbox 360 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 5017865 XBOX 360 Premium Bundle w/ 3 Games 1 $359.96 $359.96
------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well. Guess I'll watch for the end-of-week thing.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Mine still says in process.[/quote]

Well then, you better get used to that everytime you visit the page. I do hope it comes through for you.

Mine says Order being processed now too! Im not gonna get my hopes up though, but it'll be so freakin sweet if this does go through!

[quote name='gorgo']Cancelled 4611488 XBOX 360 Premium Game System 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 4777079 Test Drive Unlimited XBOX 360 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 4881450 Dead Rising - XBOX 360 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 4947421 Saint's Row - Xbox 360 1 $0.00 $0.00
Cancelled 5017865 XBOX 360 Premium Bundle w/ 3 Games 1 $359.96 $359.96
------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well. Guess I'll watch for the end-of-week thing.[/quote]

You are getting 6 games and 2 X360s! What a deal! ;)

Mine says the same thing. I can't believe how long it takes for them to convert the orders from a bundle to 3 games + 1 system....

EDIT: saw this cancellation email on a diff forum:
Thank you for your recent Frys.com order. Unfortunately, a
clerical error was made during the composition of the Ad for an
item contained in order # XXXXXXXXX
Due to the error we will be unable to fulfill your request.
Your order has been cancelled. Please note that your credit card
has not been charged. For further assistance you may contact us
by phone at 1-877-688-7678 or Email at [email protected]

are they cancelling orders based on time? i mean, keeping those who placed their orders at 1am versus keeping those who waited until the next morning? theres probably some logic to it...

bread's done
Back