New Bundle is $449
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
XBOX 360 Premium Console
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Test drive Unlimited
[/FONT]
LINK

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.[/quote]

$360
Possible price mistake. Even if you don't like the games you could sell them on ebay and make about $110, making the premium bundle $250 + shipping. Shipping for me was about $11.

LINK

Have fun!

I called to order it was told it wasnt a price mistake but a date mistake, it is suppose to go on sale this thurs/friday. its legit but i dont know if the ppl who got in early will get canceled or if they will wait until the end of the week to process them.

[quote name='ceril']I called to order it was told it wasnt a price mistake but a date mistake, it is suppose to go on sale this thurs/friday. its legit but i dont know if the ppl who got in early will get canceled or if they will wait until the end of the week to process them.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind waiting, but I will try confirming tomorrow.

[quote name='ceril']I called to order it was told it wasnt a price mistake but a date mistake, it is suppose to go on sale this thurs/friday. its legit but i dont know if the ppl who got in early will get canceled or if they will wait until the end of the week to process them.[/QUOTE]

So its legit? How are they not losing a shit-load of money off of this?

[quote name='thrustbucket']I called but got sick of waiting on hold for 15 minutes burning my cell minutes.... Might try later...[/QUOTE]

ya its long and loud.

seanr1221 I dont know maybe theres gonna be a price drop on some of the games that will offset the loss some, not sure

I am staring at the order tracking on Outpost, it still says processing, which is good I think. As if it was canceled, it would probably say so by now. Still wating on the email, but the item is on the site.

So now the speculation begins. Is M$ planning a massive price drop on the 360 prior to the PS3 and Wii launch? I was assuming they'd drop their price by at least $50 to knock the wind out of Sony and Nintendo's sails...but a bundle like this? Does anyone else think they're going to do something crazy like a $100 price drop on the systems?

Edited to fix my poor grammar. Engrish is my second langrage.

Microsoft has SOMETHING planned, mark my words. They are going hardcore. They had Christmas to themselves last year, this year Sony will be in it but not with the inventory. All they need are some parents buying what is available.

[quote name='mzbagel']So now the speculation begins. Is M$ planning a massive price drop on the 360 prior to the PS3 and Wii launch? I was assuming they're drop their price by at least $50 to knock the wind out of Sony and Nintendo's sails...but a bundle like this? Does anyone else think they're going to do something crazy like a $100 price drop on the systems?[/QUOTE]

I really doubt it. MS has basically outright said there will be no price drop this year. I believe Peter Moore stated it multiple times at X06 and TGS.

[quote name='mzbagel']So now the speculation begins. Is M$ planning a massive price drop on the 360 prior to the PS3 and Wii launch? I was assuming they're drop their price by at least $50 to knock the wind out of Sony and Nintendo's sails...but a bundle like this? Does anyone else think they're going to do something crazy like a $100 price drop on the systems?[/QUOTE]

I think its tough to say because they have Sony beat for the holiday season with Sony only having 400,000 units at launch and probaly not that many units by the end of the year.
They could use a price drop to compete with Nintendo. Availability and price are going to help Nintendo alot.
I doubt a price drop but if there is one I would imagine only $50.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I really doubt it. MS has basically outright said there will be no price drop this year. I believe Peter Moore stated it multiple times at X06 and TGS.[/quote]

Of course he is going to say that, he doesn't want people waiting to buy the system until there is a drop, he wants them to buy one ASAP.

Didn't they say there price drop was when Sony announced the PS3's price at 599.99?

Anywho, if this turns out to be a pricing error they wont charge my credit card for the full amount will they??

[quote name='contej85']Of course he is going to say that, he doesn't want people waiting to buy the system until there is a drop, he wants them to buy one ASAP.[/QUOTE]

There are other ways to dodge the question then. I would expect MS to be smarter than Sony as far as outright lying to it's customers, knowingly.

Bundle just disappeared from the Outpost site. I hope they come through with the bundle on Thursday as has been reported earlier in this thread.

[quote name='seanr1221']Didn't they say there price drop was when Sony announced the PS3's price at 599.99?

Anywho, if this turns out to be a pricing error they wont charge my credit card for the full amount will they??[/QUOTE]

It's illegal for them to do so. Your receipt is a binding contract and price you agreed at. They can't just decide it's wrong and charge you the full amount without your knowledge.

They can cancel due to error, but not charge you more than the agreed upon amount.

[quote name='Corvin']It's illegal for them to do so. Your receipt is a binding contract and price you agreed at. They can't just decide it's wrong and charge you the full amount without your knowledge.

They can cancel due to error, but not charge you more than the agreed upon amount.[/QUOTE]

Oh good thats what I figured, thanks for clearing it up.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']The plot thickens, it doesn't say 360 though, so its probably the old xbox.[/QUOTE]

HD-DVD is $199.99. However, why would it be something they are only selling until the 12th? Weird.

If I had to guess, and if that previous poster talking about Thursday was right, this link may be a waiting list for the 'deal' they plan to put up Thursday.

I just got off the phone with one of their customer service reps. She couldn't look my order number up on the system. She asked me what it was for and I said it was for a Xbox 360. She said the order didn't go through. I ordered mine last night, so I don't know if only my order will not be honored or every order placed.

She told me that they will be having a similar or better deal this weekend, starting on Saturday and that I would have to reorder. She said I should try to place the order on midnight Friday night.

I'm not sure if they are going to raise the price of the bundle or change the games, but I have a feeling it will not be as good as this bundle was.

yea that kinda makes sense if the pre-order ends on the 12th, a thursday so maybe what that guy said about the sale startin friday is right? Though im really hoping the ones who already ordered will already get their systems and will not have to pre-order again. sooo here's to no cancellation!!:bomb:

The more I think about it, I think the waiting list bundle is the HD-DVD.

-It's $199
- It is called a "bundle" because it comes with remote and king kong.

xbox bundle thing i'm sure is the HDDVD player + King Kong + Remote.

and there's no way they are gonna put up another deal as good as this.

still praying my order goes through.

Just got off the phone with Outpost/Frys. They told me that NONE of the orders will be placed and that it was a mistake on the site. They also said there are no planned replacements for this bundle, but a new sale will be up this Friday.

Oh well, guess it was too good to be true....

[quote name='l0vesmenot']Just got off the phone with Outpost/Frys. They told me that NONE of the orders will be placed and that it was a mistake on the site. They also said there are no planned replacements for this bundle, but a new sale will be up this Friday.

Oh well, guess it was too good to be true....[/QUOTE]

I want to know how you make a "mistake" like having someone set up a graphic with 3 games and an xbox. How the hell do they accidentally do this?

[quote name='evanl85']I want to know how you make a "mistake" like having someone set up a graphic with 3 games and an xbox. How the hell do they accidentally do this?[/QUOTE]

Because the price itself was probably the mistake.

Im still hoping the odd one or two goes through. In fact I bet all/most of them WOULD have gone through if those lurking FatWallet and SD bastards hadnt reposted and therefor insta-killed the deal. I think I wanna start a running tally of Ista-kills to blame them for....

Of course I go to bed early last night and dont check the site. I would of gotten this in a heartbeat. I hope someone who was been looking for a good 360 deal gets lucky and it goes through.

well i just talked to some spanish lady and she said my order is still being processed and that i will receive an email when it ships.

so maybe she don't know what's goin on.

I haven't recived an email one way or the other yet. If they were just canceling them, it would be done by now I think.

What a sick deal... I hate that I picked up a 360 at TRU last week (needed to have one by this week and that was the best deal available). The evil part of me feels a little better knowing that they'll probably cancel orders, but the good part of me hopes that a couple people snagged one ;)

Guess I would have had to sell the copies of Dead Rising and Saints Row that are already on their way to me anyway..

Pro - It's pretty confirmed there will be a VERY good deal this saturday.

Con - Because it's Fry's, and because they announced it this early, I expect that deal to be sold out in .5 seconds.

I hope they honor the old deal. If they have this great deal coming this weekend that will be 'better' than this deal they should honor this deal so the same people dont buy the next one.

[quote name='thrustbucket']http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/360/update-new-outpost-360-bundle-coming-this-weekend-206189.php

Ok does kotaku know something we don't? And if their article is true, why are the CS reps saying it was a price mistake?[/QUOTE]

According to the kotaku article it says that someone from The Consumerist called to verify this deal and that it is indeed legit and part of their anniversary sale.

I had never heard of the Consumerist before, but checked out their website. Does anyone know how reputable they are?

Just to throw in my info:

I just called and got the same story. Was told my order didn't go through, they sold out. And she told me the "Same deal or better" will go on sale saturday.

So this is confirmed from multiple sources now..

I just hope the saturday deal is one per customer, so the people buying 5 and 10 of them for resell can go eff themselves.

its probably good for me this deal never went through. cant really afford another $400 charged on my credit card right now. maybe if they had some other payment method like paypal. even though the overstock deal wasnt as good, i would've never ordered it if they didnt have that bill-me-later payment method, even better no payments due till jan 2007. maybe ifin the outpost deal it was a choice of any 3 games, that would've made it the deal of the yr. definitely like saints row(just ordered from play-asia for $40), i played the dead rising demo, it was alright i guess. and not really into race car/driving games. if it was saints row/madden/nba2k7/fifa 07 thosetypes of games then that wouldve been even better

bread's done
Back