New Bundle is $449
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
XBOX 360 Premium Console
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Test drive Unlimited
[/FONT]
LINK

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.[/quote]

$360
Possible price mistake. Even if you don't like the games you could sell them on ebay and make about $110, making the premium bundle $250 + shipping. Shipping for me was about $11.

LINK

Have fun!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Just to throw in my info:

I just called and got the same story. Was told my order didn't go through, they sold out. And she told me the "Same deal or better" will go on sale saturday.

So this is confirmed from multiple sources now..

I just hope the saturday deal is one per customer, so the people buying 5 and 10 of them for resell can go eff themselves.[/quote]

when did you order?

My Outpost order still says "In Progress"

I think Tom Petty was right, the waiting truly is the hardest part. Let me know one way or the other for chrissakes.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax'] Let me know one way or the other for chrissakes.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I been checking my status all day. I've checked some many times I have the order number memorized. I just want to know if I got it or not.

There is a deal on amazon.com right now- buy an xbox 360 and get a free game (Oblivion, Madden 07, Lego Star Wars 2). The page I look at also lists dead rising, but it doesn't take the discount that the others do.

I was just venturing fat wallet, never have before, and someone there posted that they were told on the phone the bundle will be 499.99 and include kameo, pgr4 and pd:z. Another person posted a 519.99 price of that same bundle. Hopefully this is not the case or else this deal was a definate glitch. I would hope Outpost has to post something on there website within the next couple of days.

So can someone who has been told their order didn't go through check their order history on outpost.com and report back?

Mine still says "Order new" on the summary screen, and "In process" on the detail screen.

[quote name='SiW']So can someone who has been told their order didn't go through check their order history on outpost.com and report back?

Mine still says "Order new" on the summary screen, and "In process" on the detail screen.[/QUOTE]

I don't have my order number to do so, and they never emailed me a confirmation of any kind.

SIW, I have called, and was told the order will NOT go through, that the posting was by mistake and there will be a big sale this weekend. Mine still says "Order new" on the summary screen, and "In process" on the detail screen.

Phooey.

Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.

Man, I remember a time of honesty and integrity in stores when a price mistake occured: they'd either honor it or do their best to give you a legitamite deal. From what I'm seeing, Fry's/Outpost is just blowing people off and saying either "too bad" or "here's a worse deal" or "catch the deal later" (which everyone and their mother now knows about).

I'm seeing this more and more, from Amazon to Sears. There seems to be no accountability, and some might make the claim that these retailers are using bait-and-switch tactics.

Has anyone ever considered lodging a formal complaint or filing something with the BBB?

Maybe I'm overblowing this, but I got in on this deal last night, and so far, almost 24 hrs later, I've received no notice. If I immediately received a response, or a notice was made concerning their mistake, I'd be less bitter. But all this heresay here and on other forums and the company's lack of consistent answers (without any real personal contact other than people having to take their own time to call) is starting to get my blood boiling.

If I get a call, I will probably do my best to make them honor the deal. Otherwise, I hope it will go through, and not raise notice until then. Even though I have yet to get an order canceled call yet, or email.

[quote name='optimalprimer']Man, I remember a time of honesty and integrity in stores when a price mistake occured: they'd either honor it or do their best to give you a legitamite deal. From what I'm seeing, Fry's/Outpost is just blowing people off and saying either "too bad" or "here's a worse deal" or "catch the deal later" (which everyone and their mother now knows about).

I'm seeing this more and more, from Amazon to Sears. There seems to be no accountability, and some might make the claim that these retailers are using bait-and-switch tactics.

Has anyone ever considered lodging a formal complaint or filing something with the BBB?

Maybe I'm overblowing this, but I got in on this deal last night, and so far, almost 24 hrs later, I've received no notice. If I immediately received a response, or a notice was made concerning their mistake, I'd be less bitter. But all this heresay here and on other forums and the company's lack of consistent answers (without any real personal contact other than people having to take their own time to call) is starting to get my blood boiling.[/quote]

Ya, I agree, It's pretty shiesty(I ordered one last night as well), but, what can ya do?

[quote name='optimalprimer']Man, I remember a time of honesty and integrity in stores when a price mistake occured: they'd either honor it or do their best to give you a legitamite deal. From what I'm seeing, Fry's/Outpost is just blowing people off and saying either "too bad" or "here's a worse deal" or "catch the deal later" (which everyone and their mother now knows about).

Maybe I'm overblowing this, but I got in on this deal last night, and so far, almost 24 hrs later, I've received no notice. If I immediately received a response, or a notice was made concerning their mistake, I'd be less bitter. But all this heresay here and on other forums and the company's lack of consistent answers (without any real personal contact other than people having to take their own time to call) is starting to get my blood boiling.[/QUOTE]

While I see your point and your frustration, I am tempted to take the oposite view for sake of argument:

I think most etailers started out as you described, tried as hard as they could to make amends with mistakes. But all you need to do is paruse bargain forums like this and SD and FW for a while to realize that there are thousands of people out there that practically make it a career to screw over stores.

I remember 8 or 9 years ago when stores really started to blossom on the net, there were far more good deals than there are now. Customers started getting savvy and exploited them as hard as they can. Fast forward to now, and etailers are weary of trying to give a break to their customers, when so many of them think all they have to do is bitch on the phone because they weren't able to abuse their policies to try and get free stuff.

I'm just saying, in a way, I'm not really surprised.

[quote name='thrustbucket']While I see your point and your frustration, I am tempted to take the oposite view for sake of argument:

I think most etailers started out as you described, tried as hard as they could to make amends with mistakes. But all you need to do is paruse bargain forums like this and SD and FW for a while to realize that there are thousands of people out there that practically make it a career to screw over stores.

I remember 8 or 9 years ago when stores really started to blossom on the net, there were far more good deals than there are now. Customers started getting savvy and exploited them as hard as they can. Fast forward to now, and etailers are weary of trying to give a break to their customers, when so many of them think all they have to do is bitch on the phone because they weren't able to abuse their policies to try and get free stuff.

I'm just saying, in a way, I'm not really surprised.[/QUOTE]

Well, your argument is assuredly valid and understood, but now it seems that we've gone from "the customer is always right" to "the customer is a pain in the ass". Retailers want to make good deals and, as a result, obtain repeat business. But how is pissing off honest customers good business? Why would I go back their webiste now? For all I know, I'll get burned again. Let alone, if I want to buy something that isn't on sale, chances are their price is about the same as everywhere else (else being places that haven't burned honest customers)...

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']When you're dealing with stuff that's too good to be true, don't bitch when it gets fixed.[/QUOTE]

Then how, dear friend, will I then ever dare to dream the impossible dream?!

Bah, I'm just miffed because I got all excited. Hey, it's Monday, and I got nothing else fun to look forward to right now (other than barely making it through to Friday)...

[quote name='optimalprimer']Then how, dear friend, will I then ever dare to dream the impossible dream?!

Bah, I'm just miffed because I got all excited. Hey, it's Monday, and I got nothing else fun to look forward to right now (other than barely making it through to Friday)...[/QUOTE]
because once is a while a price mistake/glitch does goes through (overstock)

Ah, I feel the same way. I also wonder how much of a deal these things are, considering Circuit City is selling PGR3 for $20, PD0 can be had used dirt cheap (same as Kameo).

Check out the bundle from Circuit city. It is actually cheaper to buy their bundled items separately! Now that is bad customer service.

I guess I don't really need to spend $400 or right after getting an LCD TV. I'll just enjoy my Xbox a while longer, and get a 360 when Lost Planet comes out and Dead Rising is cheaper.

The least they could do is cancel the orders so people can move on and look for another deal. Either honor it or cancel it. By letting orders sit there saying "In Process" gives people false hope.

Say the order doesn't go through...

If I call them and they say it was a price mistake, and they offer me the same bundle for say, $450, can I get on them about a 'bait and switch' and threaten to report them?

I've never done anything crazy with customer service to get my way before, but if I have a legitimate stance on it I just might. So, is it a legitimate stance?

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Say the order doesn't go through...

If I call them and they say it was a price mistake, and they offer me the same bundle for say, $450, can I get on them about a 'bait and switch' and threaten to report them?

I've never done anything crazy with customer service to get my way before, but if I have a legitimate stance on it I just might. So, is it a legitimate stance?[/QUOTE]
If they offer you the same bundle it is not.

I still am confused why everything is still in process, is Outpost/frys that horrible that it takes over a day to cancel orders?

It's quite possible that they're still in damage control and are trying to figure out how to fix this mess. They might just have to bite the bullet and sell all the systems as advertised. Then again, there probably is some legal loophole that will let them get out of this though.

I talked to them on the phone and they said it was a web error. I asked why i was not sent an e-mail he said they deleted all the orders in there system and have no info of anyones order's for the bundles, that is an exact quote. they do not plan on letting anyone know. they just erased it and will let everyone hang. How is that for customer service.

Is this legal can they just erase everything and say it was a web error? not that i would actually do anything about it just curious.

[quote name='chrisballer']I talked to them on the phone and they said it was a web error. I asked why i was not sent an e-mail he said they deleted all the orders in there system and have no info of anyones order's for the bundles, that is an exact quote. they do not plan on letting anyone know. they just erased it and will let everyone hang. How is that for customer service.

Is this legal can they just erase everything and say it was a web error? not that i would actually do anything about it just curious.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty crappy, but I can't imagine there is anything illegal about it. As long as they don't actually take your money, they don't owe you anything.

That said, I can't believe they wouldn't just send out an "oops, we screwed up" email.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']If it is going to be the same deal B&M (I doubt it) then they should just honor the online orders.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

Remember SEARs pricematch with FRY (Online store) if you have the printout ads or real ads. It's greAT deal for PRemium XBOX 360 + 3 killer games for $360. :)

This is fairly sick, they are just going to keep my order as in process, how the hell do they get away with doing that? They can decide to charge me $370 anytime they want to now, there is nothing I can do at this point. I really hope Fry's goes out of business now, as they are downright shitty.

This was not a mistake, unless it was a very high level mistake. They had a custom picture, description, telling you how much you saved, everything.

At best this will stay pending and be going through later in the week as it's a deal they "accidentially" posted online early.

I got my order in yesterday AM, and it still says "In Process". After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, I emailed them asking about it.

IF ANYONE gets an update to their order, please post here! I certainly will.

BTW, I did a search by that item number ( 5017865), and it came up with the same bundle for $200 more ($559):
https://shop3.outpost.com/search?se...y_string=+5017865&cat=0&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

A click on the description doesn't work, but you CAN add it to cart. That said, the new bundle really is a crap deal. Save $20 bucks off retail for all of the stuff that's included?!

[quote name='Nilbog']If they do this B&M that sucks, because there is no Fry's even within probably 5 states of South Carolina.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure the Atlanta region has two

this is my 3rd time ordering from outpost and each time there has been issues. plain and simple, if this doesn't work out, i'll probably never bother even going to their site ever again. i'm not trying to make a statement or anything, i am just sick of this amatuer bullshit all of the time.

why are people complaining?? this is not 1st glitch/price mistake that hasnt been honored. someof you must be newbies or not experienced in how this works. its funny people are trying to complain or threaten their company, but they dont owe you anything. sure if sucks, ive been on both sides of benfitting from certain sales and not geting anything, but what can you do? it was obviously a price mistake, and they would be crazy to honor all those orders. their company would be losing a ton of money of each sale. also i'm sure closer to christmas or even recently there will be more deals on the 360's. if not go for the overstock.com deal or amazon.com, which are still very good deals

Well, how about the fact they are keeping all orders as In Process?

I feel that is something worth complaining about, and that they do owe people. To not jerk us around. I ordered mine at 12:03 AM on the first chance, I could have probably ordered it a couple minutes earlier.

Fry's handling of this is horrid, thus I feel they should give me a 360 with games, so that I don't hate them for it.

Not to mention this might be a case where they are using underhanded practices to get a lot of attention for a deal and then offering it for a higher price. I find it hard to believe that this was an honest mistake.

I'm on hold right now... this is some especially terrible music.

[quote name='Deadend']Well, how about the fact they are keeping all orders as In Process?

I feel that is something worth complaining about, and that they do owe people. To not jerk us around. I ordered mine at 12:03 AM on the first chance, I could have probably ordered it a couple minutes earlier.

Fry's handling of this is horrid, thus I feel they should give me a 360 with games, so that I don't hate them for it.[/QUOTE]

I seriousy hope that was said in tongue-in-cheek. They didn't jerk you around on purpose due to it being a mistake in their pricing. Just let it go and look for a better offer down the line. Otherwise, cry some more.

But they didn't cancel my order, that is what is annoying me. It doesn't say canceled, I haven't recived an email or anything. That is why I am angry.

I have to agreed with Deadend here. I know I placed an order but I also didn't get a confirmation e-mail. The least they could do is e-mail ppl with a "Sorry but it's a price mistake." instead of not sending anything at all. What's to say they won't charge us and down the line with a copy of the order that we did place when everything is cheaper? We did place that order. We don't have the info to cancel it cause they never e-mailed us. That's the major issue here.

Fry's website doesn't really update, and emails are really slow to go out sometimes. They're not that good of a store, really, though I havn't had any pronlems buying online from them, their just really slow on status update. My lastest order, I recived a confirmation email over a day later, others came after I recived my order and some I never got.

If you're really that concerned, then why not just call then?

[quote name='Deadend']But they didn't cancel my order, that is what is annoying me. It doesn't say canceled, I haven't recived an email or anything. That is why I am angry.[/QUOTE]

It's possible they don't have the means to simply do a mass cancel of all orders at the moment, or that they're even still considering what to do with them. Maybe they're even considering honoring early ones? I wouldn't get my hopes out, but who knows?

If you think it's a business practice to put something on a site, only to have to cancel every single order and deal with some irate customers, you've lost your mind. That's way more trouble then its worth. I'm sure it was an error in the listing. I worked in corporate retail. Things get put in at the wrong price all the time. Of course, make a habit of it, and you will canned, but even I made a few.

bread's done
Back