New Bundle is $449
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
XBOX 360 Premium Console
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Test drive Unlimited
[/FONT]
LINK

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.[/quote]

$360
Possible price mistake. Even if you don't like the games you could sell them on ebay and make about $110, making the premium bundle $250 + shipping. Shipping for me was about $11.

LINK

Have fun!

[quote name='rly723']thats what i'm sayin, how can they be cancelling orders so fast on a sunday night? shocked me lol. oh well, i already have a 360 from the overstock deal. just would've been to get basically 3 games for $60 more than that deal. has fry's/outpost honored glitches/price mistakes in the past. this the 1sttime i got in on a deal with them and it didnt go through. also i noticed the prices for certain online products is cheaper compared to in store, of course they make up the difference with the high shipping ( bought one of these mini am/fm radios i n store for 9.99, online they have it for 5.99 or so)[/QUOTE]

Can you please post a copy of the cancellation email?

Yeah...callin bs as well. Also, and I base this on my non-existant expertise on the subject, but wouldn't they change the price on the site before sending out cancelation emails? It just seems that the best course of action in an error like this would be to correct the site and then send out the "sorry we screwed up" emails.

[quote name='peteyrose']Er.... yeah, I don't think so. Grab your tin foil hats, everybody![/quote]

Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Conspiracy theories are fun, even if nobody (including the theorist) doesn't buy into them.

How much does a 360 trade in at GameStop or EB? I'm considering selling my launch 360 and just getting this deal. Even if I have to cough up some money, its still a great deal.

As someone stated and based on this description, it must be a core system

For game-save and media storage, users can choose between the detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive, or a separately sold 64MB flash Memory Unit. Along with storing files, the hard drive will make the Xbox 360 backward-compatible with part of the existing Xbox game library.

oh well, i would've jumped on this otherwise(and if the orders weren't being cancelled)

[quote name='dsg_gt2004']As someone stated and based on this description, it must be a core system

oh well, i would've jumped on this otherwise(and if the orders weren't being cancelled)
[/QUOTE]

All that means is that the hard drive (that is included) is detachable and you have the option to drop even more cash on an inferior memory card if you so desire....this is the premium

i need to go to bed.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Just picked up 50 systems thanks!...[/QUOTE]

This is what kills deals. 50 orders to one customer.

Well I bit. I figure they'll most likely either cancel it or if I change my mind I could just sell off the bundle and make around $100 profit. Sounds stressful though. Perhaps this could be practice for if and when I try camping out for then selling a PS3.

But most likely I'll sell 2 of the games and keep Dead Rising and the Premium for $300. I figure it'll be awhile until the price drops enough that I couldn't even sell a used one and still make up most of the difference for what I paid for it. Only time will tell though.

But does anyone know if Outpost charges you immediately, or only when your order ships? It would really bother me to have that kind of money out of my account if I'm not getting anything for it.

[quote name='seanr1221']So if this is an error they wont honor (most likely) think we'll get some kind of coupon?[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful. I'm guessing that it's going to be just a cancellation e-mail.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Well I bit. I figure they'll most likely either cancel it or if I change my mind I could just sell off the bundle and make around $100 profit. Sounds stressful though. Perhaps this could be practice for if and when I try camping out for then selling a PS3.

But most likely I'll sell 2 of the games and keep Dead Rising and the Premium for $300. I figure it'll be awhile until the price drops enough that I couldn't even sell a used one and still make up most of the difference for what I paid for it. Only time will tell though.

But does anyone know if Outpost charges you immediately, or only when your order ships? It would really bother me to have that kind of money out of my account if I'm not getting anything for it.[/QUOTE]

Charged when shipped.

http://shop2.outpost.com/template/help/index/FE30/Service3/Assistance/Left_Topics/A7PaymentMethods

Meh, I'd try it out, but taxs kind of kills it for me, even with the games. It's just as much as waiting for a decent overstock coupon.

Might as well wait for a price drop, I did just drop a fair bit on my PC.

This is gonna seem like a REAL stupid question. But I'm a little paranoid.

If I go directly to www.outpost.com and view my cart, it doesn't show my 360.

If I use the link from the OP, and check my cart, it shows the 360 in my cart.

Why is that? Does that mean the link the OP provided is a "hacked website" because when I go to outpost.com directly, it has no record of my cart. Can someone find the "360 deal" from the original outpost.com website?

Yes I'm paranoid lol. Didn't put my order through yet though.

[quote name='Venkman']This is what kills deals. 50 orders to one customer.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, what an ass.

I wish I could fish in bargain forums for things to completely buy out so nobody else can get them.

[quote name='Kendro']This is gonna seem like a REAL stupid question. But I'm a little paranoid.

If I go directly to www.outpost.com and view my cart, it doesn't show my 360.

If I use the link from the OP, and check my cart, it shows the 360 in my cart.

Why is that? Does that mean the link the OP provided is a "hacked website" because when I go to outpost.com directly, it has no record of my cart. Can someone find the "360 deal" from the original outpost.com website?

Yes I'm paranoid lol. Didn't put my order through yet though.[/quote]

Ridiculous! Go to outpost.com and search for [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5017865 if you're too "Paranoid". [/FONT]

[quote name='thrustbucket']No kidding, what an ass.

I wish I could fish in bargain forums for things to completely buy out so nobody else can get them.[/quote]

He was just joking.

Yeah that was a joke, based on the one person who always brags about buying a lot for profit. Come on $18,000, for 50 systems.

LoL Yeah I was only kidding. I'm trying to make the night more interesting!

There's no way I could afford all that. I'm a college kid that can barely pay for school.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']LoL Yeah I was only kidding. I'm trying to make the night more interesting![/quote] What you should have said was:

"I tried adding it to my cart but my Internet was giving me problems so I called Outpost and the CSR Mindy told me that it was a price mistake."

This is posted on outpost.com under customer service then legal notices:

"Errors and Omissions
While Outpost.com has tried very hard to ensure the accuracy of the product information in our store, we are not responsible for typographical errors or technical inaccuracies.

Outpost.com disclaims liability for misprints, incomplete, stale or otherwise inaccurate pricing distributed or provided by other parties or websites including but not limited to shopping, search or comparison engines or similar entities on websites other than www.outpost.com. In the event that another entity provides inaccurate pricing for any reason Outpost.com's price listed at www.outpost.com at the time of order will prevail. Further, Outpost.com reserves the right to change its prices at any time without notice."

So does "Outpost.com's price listed at www.outpost.com at the time of order will prevail." mean they will honor the price we ordered it for?

This seems like an issue that can only be solved by time and patience. Either that or screaming at customer service.

"So does "Outpost.com's price listed at www.outpost.com at the time of order will prevail." mean they will honor the price we ordered it for?"

The way i take it is yes that is what they mean. They are stating any price from another web site linked to them they dont have to honor. like on gamespot when you do a search for a game and they give you prices from a bunch of different stores etc... they are stating whatever the price is on there website is what they will honor.

They also state they can change price anytime they want but i don't know how they can do that if you allready checked out and have your order #

I doubt it was cancelled, before cancelling any orders they would have changed the price on the site to prevent new orders. Anybody with an ounce of common sense would do it that way. It's been 2 hours since rly723's message and I just placed an order.

I'm not saying it won't get cancelled tomorrow or in the near future but I doubt it was cancelled tonight.

[quote name='roymustang']I doubt it was cancelled, before cancelling any orders they would have changed the price on the site to prevent new orders. Anybody with an ounce of common sense would do it that way. It's been 2 hours since rly723's message and I just placed an order.

I'm not saying it won't get cancelled tomorrow or in the near future but I doubt it was cancelled tonight.[/QUOTE]

Never ordered from Fry's, huh? There were a couple times I saw good deals listed on Fatwallets and ordered from them. It's been my experience Fry's/Outpost is the most incompetent legitimate site on the internet. If you really wanted an 360 for that price there's no harm in trying, just need to be aware it's usually 50/50 at best.

[quote name='contej85']Is Test Drive worth keeping?[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised to say that with the recent NFS:Carbon demo that was released, Test Drive is the new arcade racer for me. Carbon looks to be a huge dissapointment. After all the horrible releases Test Drive had in the past, they stuck with it and finally released a very nice game. I own it, now I just have to play it.

[quote name='Hardware']I'm surprised to say that with the recent NFS:Carbon demo that was released, Test Drive is the new arcade racer for me. Carbon looks to be a huge dissapointment. After all the horrible releases Test Drive had in the past, they stuck with it and finally released a very nice game. I own it, now I just have to play it.[/QUOTE]

Not working for me... ...I think Outpost.com found the mistake.

I was on the fence about getting a 360; but at this price (...with 2 decent games and 1 sucky one...) there's no thinking needed!

[quote name='depascal22']I saw this too late. Guess that's what I get for trying to get some sleep.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I just saw it now and almost fell off my chair. I figured it had to be too good to be true, but I absolutely would have jumped on the 360 with this deal. Oh well.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']LoL Yeah I was only kidding. I'm trying to make the night more interesting!

There's no way I could afford all that. I'm a college kid that can barely pay for school.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry for reacting so strongly. It was very late and I wanted an Xbox 360 very badly. At that price, who doesn't, right?

;)

My order status still says "In process". Here's hopin'.

bread's done
Back