Back to the Future (Free - Playstation Plus)

Downloaded all the Ep. last night. Great deal indeed. Glad I'll be a PS+ member for the next 6 years :p

Mega threads do ineed suck. Agreed.

[quote name='nightmare452']It IS already posted. Can you guess where?[/QUOTE]

The megathread you allude to doesn't mention the deal in the OP.

[quote name='Demontooth']So can i just join for a month and get the game?

Mega threads suck ass.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and then you can play the game for that 1 month only.

[quote name='Lysergio']Once the Plus sub is over, you lose access to the freebies.[/QUOTE]
Except for themes, avatars, and add-ons (DLC), I believe. Full games of any kind, though, are definitely gone.

[quote name='Lucian']Except for themes, avatars, and add-ons (DLC), I believe. Full games of any kind, though, are definitely gone.[/QUOTE]

Do they get deleted from the PS3 or will they just not run when you try to play them?

[quote name='topplehat']Do they get deleted from the PS3 or will they just not run when you try to play them?[/QUOTE]

They wont run. You'll have to delete them or renew your sub to play them.

Thanks for this, I was seriously thinking about stopping into GS to buy it for 10 bucks but PS+ pays off again.

Ok, so how does this work if you disconnect your PS3 from the internet after obtaining your PS+ subscription? I mean, can you not access the games if your "wifi" is off????

[quote name='ijustw1n']Why'd you fail to post the other free games with ps plus this month?[/QUOTE]

The same could be said of you. While you're complaining you could mention them in your post. ;)

Here :

Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3

Sword and Soldiers HD

[quote name='exceed19']Ok, so how does this work if you disconnect your PS3 from the internet after obtaining your PS+ subscription? I mean, can you not access the games if your "wifi" is off????[/QUOTE]

A) it doesn't B) Precisely.

That first chapter, or whatever the last free version of this game was called, bored me to hell! Maybe I'll try it, again.

.....Anddddd, can someone tell me where in the OP of this thread > http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287798 this game is mentioned(other than the first free part)? Am I overlooking it? Some of you have lost your minds with the 'use the search functions', etc. Ya'll need to get over that ridiculous bull****.

I swear it's almost as if PS+ gives away free games every month. Someone should make a thread to keep track of all those deals and giveaways...

[quote name='exceed19']Ok, so how does this work if you disconnect your PS3 from the internet after obtaining your PS+ subscription? I mean, can you not access the games if your "wifi" is off????[/QUOTE]

All games have an expiration date built in. I don't think you need to be connected to the internet. I don't remember any issues when PSN was down.

[quote name='Lucian']Except for themes, avatars, and add-ons (DLC), I believe. Full games of any kind, though, are definitely gone.[/QUOTE]
I think that you lose an free dlc from ps+ too. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

[quote name='PublikDefender']I think that you lose an free dlc from ps+ too. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?[/QUOTE]

Some of my content from PS+ doesn't have an expiration date, for example Costume Quest and Plants vs Zombies(I did not purchase them either, they were free) is it possible that some of the content stays even though it's free?

You can check it by hitting the triangle button while highlighting the game and choose Information from the pop up window. This also tells you how many days of PS+ you have left in case you need that info too.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Downloaded all the Ep. last night. Great deal indeed. Glad I'll be a PS+ member for the next 6 years :p

Mega threads do ineed suck. Agreed.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Wario64']It's in a mega thread. Mega threads suck. Thanks[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Demontooth']So can i just join for a month and get the game?

Mega threads suck ass.[/QUOTE]
I guess I don't understand what's bad about my thread. I keep the OP updated as much as possible and have recently added in the full PS+ schedule for the month, so I'm not sure why having a central place for those deals to be posted and easily accessed isn't a good thing. Especially since those deals weren't regularly posted before or they were just a portion of what is being offered, which I don't think anybody would prefer over the current situation.

Fixed the OP of my thread for those that were asking about that (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8197202#post8197202), though I'll happily take suggestions/feedback on how to improve it if you have any ideas.
[quote name='bdb2m']Some of my content from PS+ doesn't have an expiration date, for example Costume Quest and Plants vs Zombies(I did not purchase them either, they were free) is it possible that some of the content stays even though it's free?

You can check it by hitting the triangle button while highlighting the game and choose Information from the pop up window. This also tells you how many days of PS+ you have left in case you need that info too.[/QUOTE]
Those games will turn into demos when your sub runs out, as you essentially got the unlock key from PS+. Just check out your download history on qriocity.com to see that those games still have expiration dates.

Ignore the whiners Frisky, your thread rocks and its all because of your hard work.

You provide a fine service.

But some of those other megathreads do suck, like some of the BB ones, it's impossible to zero in quickly on the specific deal you're looking for. But you keep the OP much better updated than most.

I was thinking about buying this at Gamestop for $10 since I may not keep my PS+ subscription updated. Might end up getting this and hope I finish it before my PS+ subscription runs out.

so glad I didn't buy this when it was cheap, the Target plus card was a steal so far, glad I bought 3 years worth.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']All games have an expiration date built in. I don't think you need to be connected to the internet. I don't remember any issues when PSN was down.[/QUOTE]

Very very very very few games have a DRM that forces you to be connected to the internet to play. They only one I actually know of is Final Fight Double Impact and when PSN got hacked I was home sick and needless to say I was pissed I couldn't play it.

I am not complaining about the quality of the PS thread. I don't like mega threads in general. It's like I have to check a forum within a forum. The free BTTF wasnt even in the thread title.

[quote name='Wario64']I am not complaining about the quality of the PS thread. I don't like mega threads in general. It's like I have to check a forum within a forum. The free BTTF wasnt even in the thread title.[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't be that hard to check the OP to see what's new and if it's missing something, I'll gladly update it so that everything you'd need to know is there without having to dig through the backend of the thread. I can definitely see what you're saying when I look at some of the other megathreads.

There's only so much space in the title unless I abbreviate the hell out of everything, so things have to be left out until Cheapy decides to up the limit or has another solution to that problem.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess I don't understand what's bad about my thread. I keep the OP updated as much as possible and have recently added in the full PS+ schedule for the month, so I'm not sure why having a central place for those deals to be posted and easily accessed isn't a good thing. Especially since those deals weren't regularly posted before or they were just a portion of what is being offered, which I don't think anybody would prefer over the current situation.

Fixed the OP of my thread for those that were asking about that (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8197202#post8197202), though I'll happily take suggestions/feedback on how to improve it if you have any ideas.

Those games will turn into demos when your sub runs out, as you essentially got the unlock key from PS+. Just check out your download history on qriocity.com to see that those games still have expiration dates.[/QUOTE]

You have a nice thread! Obviously, you have a life and can't be glued to your computer 24/7 or the second things update.

It's when smart alecs come in and start bashing OPs with their crap that 'the ones who are beneficial to this board' get mashed in the crossfire.

I, for 1, appreciate your thread and hard work, as I don't always care to look through PSN.

Thank You!:):applause:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It shouldn't be that hard to check the OP to see what's new and if it's missing something, I'll gladly update it so that everything you'd need to know is there without having to dig through the backend of the thread. I can definitely see what you're saying when I look at some of the other megathreads.

There's only so much space in the title unless I abbreviate the hell out of everything, so things have to be left out until Cheapy decides to up the limit or has another solution to that problem.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your work in that thread, but if I can offer my opinion, I think it would be better if you made it easier to find what the monthly PLUS free items are. I think that is what most people are interested in (including this thread). As it is, you have to scroll down a huge list of titles and prices to the 2nd post to find a listing for January, and then it doesn't even say free near it. I have checked the thread a few times in the past and got lost in the listing and just gave up out of impatience without knowing what was free for PLUS that month. (Now I know where to look, but someone new to the thread probably won't)

Personally, a simpler listing of FREE THIS MONTH: and DISCOUNTED THIS MONTH: in a color or style that makes it easy to find would be all I would be interested in seeing. Do people really care about seeing all those avatar listings? Just saying, my opinion.

[quote name='scottman']I appreciate your work in that thread, but if I can offer my opinion, I think it would be better if you made it easier to find what the monthly PLUS free items are. I think that is what most people are interested in (including this thread). As it is, you have to scroll down a huge list of titles and prices to the 2nd post to find a listing for January, and then it doesn't even say free near it. I have checked the thread a few times in the past and got lost in the listing and just gave up out of impatience without knowing what was free for PLUS that month. (Now I know where to look, but someone new to the thread probably won't)

Personally, a simpler listing of FREE THIS MONTH: and DISCOUNTED THIS MONTH: in a color or style that makes it easy to find would be all I would be interested in seeing. Do people really care about seeing all those avatar listings? Just saying, my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Good points about the coloring and free items. I don't care for the avatars, either. Maybe those are more for kids.

Just say "thank you" to both posters, Mega thread and this one.
If it becomes a problem then fix it, but one post about a specific game isn't a big deal.
No one has ownership over any particular deal type (particularly those who got possessive during Black Friday), if it gets out of hand then alert the Mods, don't jump all over some one who is just trying to help you out.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You have a nice thread! Obviously, you have a life and can't be glued to your computer 24/7 or the second things update.

It's when smart alecs come in and start bashing OPs with their crap that 'the ones who are beneficial to this board' get mashed in the crossfire.

I, for 1, appreciate your thread and hard work, as I don't always care to look through PSN.

Thank You!:):applause:[/QUOTE]
Well said. Like the PSN thread, but can't stand the constant threadcrapping that goes on (which, no doubt, makes CAG's new to posting deals not want to do it because they're afraid they did something wrong & will get jumped on by the "wrong forum/not a deal/already been posted, but I'll gripe so your thread gets pushed to the top" haters). Why can't those attention starved haters just ignore posts they don't agree with? Sorry, but it irritates the crap out of me. It's like Gargus' spirit lives on in these people.

I also agree with the improvements that others suggested, FriskyTanuki. You seen very level-headed & open minded, and I respect you for that. I appreciate you dedicating time to keep a thread constantly updated for CAG's. It's very selfless, and you deserve many props ;).

Also, anything you pay ANY money for from PS+ will never expire. The free stuff WILL expire whether you are connected or not; Even the things that don't seem to have a date of expiration (cuz as FriskyTanuki said, the unlock key times out, and it turns those games into demos).

Thanks for posting, OP. I have yet to get on ps3, or check Frisky's PSN thread, but I will soon. I wish they would offer better discounts (like on the Valkyria Chronicles DLC, or the Batman AC bundle DLC & many others). It's always Mahjong crap, or just games that sell poorly so they push them off on us. Give us some great games, or great dlc sales, Sony :evil:.

If I pay for PS plus for a year, and download the free games, then let my subscription run out... do I lose access to those games or do I still get to keep them free? Are they only usable as long as I am a PS plus member?

[quote name='scottman']I appreciate your work in that thread, but if I can offer my opinion, I think it would be better if you made it easier to find what the monthly PLUS free items are. I think that is what most people are interested in (including this thread). As it is, you have to scroll down a huge list of titles and prices to the 2nd post to find a listing for January, and then it doesn't even say free near it. I have checked the thread a few times in the past and got lost in the listing and just gave up out of impatience without knowing what was free for PLUS that month. (Now I know where to look, but someone new to the thread probably won't)

Personally, a simpler listing of FREE THIS MONTH: and DISCOUNTED THIS MONTH: in a color or style that makes it easy to find would be all I would be interested in seeing. Do people really care about seeing all those avatar listings? Just saying, my opinion.[/QUOTE]
I separate the PS+ deals from the rest, so anything without a price is free. The PS+ schedule is a recent addition, though I think to make this stuff more organized would require a new thread with a few more posts reserved so that each section (PSN deals, PS+, Upcoming, FAQ, and some other stuff) gets some breathing room like my other thread. The current thread wasn't really intended for all of this stuff, as there used to be a specific thread for PS+ that died out a while ago that lead to me incorporating more PS+ stuff into my thread. I'll probably make the new thread later this month when I have some free time to do it.

The avatars are in the persistent PS+ deals list, which is for discounts that are always available to PS+ members. I'm not sure how they're hurting the PS+ schedule and upcoming deals that are listed above it.

Thanks for the feedback.
[quote name='twztid13']Well said. Like the PSN thread, but can't stand the constant threadcrapping that goes on (which, no doubt, makes CAG's new to posting deals not want to do it because they're afraid they did something wrong & will get jumped on by the "wrong forum/not a deal/already been posted, but I'll gripe so your thread gets pushed to the top" haters). Why can't those attention starved haters just ignore posts they don't agree with? Sorry, but it irritates the crap out of me. It's like Gargus' spirit lives on in these people.

I also agree with the improvements that others suggested, FriskyTanuki. You seen very level-headed & open minded, and I respect you for that. I appreciate you dedicating time to keep a thread constantly updated for CAG's. It's very selfless, and you deserve many props ;).

Thanks for posting, OP. I have yet to get on ps3, or check Frisky's PSN thread, but I will soon. I wish they would offer better discounts (like on the Valkyria Chronicles DLC, or the Batman AC bundle DLC & many others). It's always Mahjong crap, or just games that sell poorly so they push them off on us. Give us some great games, or great dlc sales, Sony :evil:.[/QUOTE]
The problem is that the people that have issues don't post and those that do are fine with it, so there's a bit of a catch 22 there. I have to find these people to get some good constructive feedback to see what should be improved. Thanks for the feedback.
[quote name='GrimmTrixX']If I pay for PS plus for a year, and download the free games, then let my subscription run out... do I lose access to those games or do I still get to keep them free? Are they only usable as long as I am a PS plus member?[/QUOTE]
You would have to resubscribe to keep playing those games or buy each game individually. The only games you'd keep are those that are given with subs like Jurassic Park recently.

The PS megathread is well-done and appreciated. However, as is often the case with megathreads, even if a specific deal like this one is in the title, it can get lost.

This BTTF deal is particularly good, and I'm sure some people missed it.

Once again I am frustrated by the people dumping on the OP here. I just don't get it. The whole point of this forum is to post deals and to read about them. These kind of elitist comments are undermining that.

Read through the comments made by the OP here. Right from the start, he's apologetic and continues to be humble and sorry throughout. What this indicates is that he was nervous about posting this deal to begin with and is now probably wondering if it was worth it in the end. He'll be less likely to post any other deals in the future. That means you won't see them.

This forum can be incredibly useful, but the increasingly arrogant, unwelcoming attitude continues to make it less so.

bread's done
Back