Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-Ray $25 @ Amazon, $15 @ Target

sobjw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE 6/15 11:06am PST: Price on Amazon is back to $24.99 and it will be in stock on Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-A...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307261007&sr=1-1

There was a bundle with a Delorian Hot Wheels car for the same price but Amazon quickly sold out of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Future-Trilog...KY0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308154093&sr=8-3"

Price at Target should still be $14.99, not sure of the current Best Buy price.

[quote name='toshii22']I got it from my local Target for 14.99 + Tax so the Sunday deal is for the Blu-ray set for sure.

Here is the picture I took.

imag0105et.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donutkid2222']I just bought it for $14.99 - 5 coupon for = $10.[/QUOTE]

If that didn't require an override, then you must have gotten lucky and gotten a store that hadn't had their registers updated yet. ;) Regardless, I don't think that most people are going to be that fortunate at this point.

[quote name='D0RC']Just got back. Went Best Buy in store and it rang up $24.99. So I just went to Target and got my $5 back and also impulsed bought two discs edition of Transformers and the two discs edition of Transformers 2 for $14.99 each. Before I google around, anyone know how low did the special editions for each Transformers blu ray movies have gone?[/QUOTE]

When you bought the Transformers Blus did you remember to print out the $3.00 off coupons on Target.com.

[quote name='ajh2298']When you bought the Transformers Blus did you remember to print out the $3.00 off coupons on Target.com.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the reminder but sadly I didn't. I did impulse buy it and I think I'm going back to return them lol. Found something else I like.

[quote name='Wario64']So I just went to confirm, the thicker/taller case is the non-stupid case, right? In my pics, this is the one on right, right? I just want to double confirm.

http://i.imgur.com/hHFLP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/P5ZVY.jpg[/QUOTE]

I know someone already responded with the numbers on the case, which probably gave you the info you need, but to answer your question directly . . . Yes, the thicker/taller case is the newer ("non-stupid" :lol:) one.

I got True Grit blu/dvd/digital copy combo for the $14.99 sale price at Best Buy in store (I expected and hoped that they would match the Target sale price automatically...and they did!) PLUS the $5 off any $14.99 Blu/DVD coupon! $9.99 plus tax out the door. They had a hundred plus copies.

I hoped they would also automatically match the $14.99 Back to the Future on Blu trilogy price (sorry, I didn't check in this morning prior to going to the stores, so I didn't know they had it also down to $14.99 for a while), but it still rang up $24.99, so I had the cashier scan the $5 coupon THEN asked for the pricematch. She needed an override, and once the manager keyed in the $14.99 price the computer automatically took off the extra $5. So it was also $9.99 plus tax out the door!

This was at the Best Buy and Target on La Brea (they're right next to each other in the same complex) - I wasted a bit of time going to Target first, where the cashier at the electronics section would not pricematch the $5 off Best Buy coupon, nor would they match it at customer service. So I bought them there first anyway, then put them in the car and went over to Best Buy where it just went perfectly. So afterward, I went back to Target with my Best Buy receipts and all 4 items and tried one last time to see if they would PM based on the receipts (so I could save an additional 5% with the Target redcard). They would not, so I just returned the Target copies.

If people want my receipt scans/pics, I can get them uploaded tomorrow. Good luck people! EDIT: doesn't seem like anyone needs them, glad to hear most if not all are getting the insanely great price of $10 each for these!

Got mine today target was sold out best buy price matched there site but guy wouldn't give me the $5 off unfortunitly

The rep saw me coming with the coupon and ad. Then she said, "here comes another one." Lol. Amherst Best Buy. They priced it from the ad and took the coupon off. No questions asked. Hope this helps!

My Target had moved the BTTF Blurays to one of the endcaps at the row of registers, outside of the electronics section. The tag said $20, but it rang up for $15. Seemed odd that they took out all the ones from electronics, though.

Had to get an override for Back to the Future but ended up with:

Back to the Future trilogy: 9.99
True Grit: 9.99
Requiem for a Dream: 5.99

God bless CAG

Thanks OP. Picked up 2nd to last copy at the College Park location by PM'ing Target's ad

$14.99 - $5 coupon = $10.59 w/ tax

Gonna go back tomorrow and try PM'ing Target's price for Despicable Me + 5 dollar coupon!

Went to my BB to get in on it with the coupon. There weren't an on the shelf so I asked a guy to look it up, showed they had 6 but at $24.99. Took him to the section and showed him the price on the shelf and he said "take it to the front they have to honor it" and he found a copy of the movie for me as well. Went to the register and had to get manual overrides for both but the supervisor or whatever just typed in their code, didn't even see what the override was for. Went to Target and returned my $20 copy I got. Amazing price, $10 for BttF trilogy can't be passed up.

[quote name='arcane93']I know someone already responded with the numbers on the case, which probably gave you the info you need, but to answer your question directly . . . Yes, the thicker/taller case is the newer ("non-stupid" :lol:) one.[/QUOTE]

What are the differences between the cases anyhow? Besides size.

deal of the year. when i bought the batman anthology the digital copy was only for the first movie. I opened back to the future expecting the same but with the three blu ray movies were also all three digital copies.these three cost thirty dollars on itunes. my itune library now has over 50 movies cant wait for apple to bring out the 128gb ipad

Picked up the last copy at the Mt. Vernon, NY BB. The in-store kiosk still listed it as $14.99 so the PM went smoothly. I totally forgot to use the coupon but I am satisfied with the price of three awesome movies.

I tried price matching at Wal-Mart to no Avail. The CS rep said "It isn't the 25th Anniversary Edition". So, I ended up going to Target and getting a Rain Check that says 25th Anniversary Edition. I'm tempted to bring it back to Wal-Mart to see if they will sponsor it. Funny enough the one at Wal-Mart rang up 54.96. If not then I'll be hitting up a local BB. I need this collection for $14.99

[quote name='mr_burnzz']went to BB but they wouldn't PM target cuz they said it wasn't on the site. That sucked.[/QUOTE]

it is on the site. Bring up the Target ad on the Target website. Its on the front page.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']My Target was sold out, and since I don't have an ad, I can't price match it.[/QUOTE]

A Sunday newspaper costs what, $1.25? Or hell, stop by Starbucks, find someone who's reading a paper, and ask them if you can have the ad. :lol: I mean, it's not like the ad is hard to come by if you want it enough.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']What $5 off coupon are you guys talking about?[/QUOTE]

It's the 5 dollar coupon off $14.99 or higher BD/DVD's at Best Buy in the main forum

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I tried price matching at Wal-Mart to no Avail. The CS rep said "It isn't the 25th Anniversary Edition". So, I ended up going to Target and getting a Rain Check that says 25th Anniversary Edition. I'm tempted to bring it back to Wal-Mart to see if they will sponsor it. Funny enough the one at Wal-Mart rang up 54.96. If not then I'll be hitting up a local BB. I need this collection for $14.99[/QUOTE]

Ha, Gary, I can top that. I went to price match at my Wal-Mart, and had to use a print out of the ad (my stupid ass local paper doesn't do Target fliers). The girl was all ready to match it until she saw how much it rang up: $59.96! She was like "Whoa!!! How much is it supposed to be?" She was really nice though and has been good to me before with price matches. But I knew taking 75% off was a ridiculous stretch and would need manager approval. I offered to pull up the Target ad on my phone so they could see I didn't Photoshop it or anything.

When the manager came over, he looked at the flier, looked at my phone, and then said the only thing bothering him was that neither one displayed a date (although it did say "Father's Day is June 19th!"...which should be good enough). So, he, myself, and my wife stood there for the next 5-7 minutes trying to find a date range for the ad. Finally, the store manager walked up to see what was going on. The manager explained it to him and showed him the info. He tried to get me on the "Wait, is that the 25th Anniversary Edition?" But it was, so he finally said "I guess just do it for him". The funny thing is, when the original cashier girl was finally able to ring it up, it prompted her to ask about the added warranty for $1.00. I declined and she laughed and said "You don't want to spend another dollar?" That made me feel like a true cheapass. :)

The really stupid thing is that on walmart.com, the set is $39.96. Why the hell it was $60 in store, I have no idea. A 75% off price match is probably one of the biggest I've ever seen. But considering it's $25 at Amazon and Best Buy, and $40 on Wal-Mart's own site, somebody had to let them know how overpriced they were.

Usually my Target runs out of the good deals quickly. To my surprise, I got to Target and they had two copies sitting on the shelf, now they have one, and I'm happy.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ha, Gary, I can top that
. I went to price match at my Wal-Mart, and had to use a print out of the ad (my stupid ass local paper doesn't do Target fliers). The girl was all ready to match it until she saw how much it rang up: $59.96! She was like "Whoa!!! How much is it supposed to be?" She was really nice though and has been good to me before with price matches. But I knew taking 75% off was a ridiculous stretch and would need manager approval. I offered to pull up the Target ad on my phone so they could see I didn't Photoshop it or anything.

When the manager came over, he looked at the flier, looked at my phone, and then said the only thing bothering him was that neither one displayed a date (although it did say "Father's Day is June 19th!"...which should be good enough). So, he, myself, and my wife stood there for the next 5-7 minutes trying to find a date range for the ad. Finally, the store manager walked up to see what was going on. The manager explained it to him and showed him the info. He tried to get me on the "Wait, is that the 25th Anniversary Edition?" But it was, so he finally said "I guess just do it for him". The funny thing is, when the original cashier girl was finally able to ring it up, it prompted her to ask about the added warranty for $1.00. I declined and she laughed and said "You don't want to spend another dollar?" That made me feel like a true cheapass. :)

The really stupid thing is that on walmart.com, the set is $39.96. Why the hell it was $60 in store, I have no idea. A 75% off price match is probably one of the biggest I've ever seen. But considering it's $25 at Amazon and Best Buy, and $40 on Wal-Mart's own site, somebody had to let them know how overpriced they were.
[/QUOTE]

That is a funny story, but I think my Best Buy story from last month tops that. I'll add it in spoilers to reduce the size of the post.

This was during the trade in any DVD and get $5 off select Blu-Ray movies.

I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter using a computer that I couldn't see well. She came back and told me that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price." They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the store who denied me the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transferred me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is a funny story, but I think my Best Buy story from last month tops that. I'll add it in spoilers to reduce the size of the post.

This was during the trade in any DVD and get $5 off select Blu-Ray movies.

I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter using a computer that I couldn't see well. She came back and told me that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price." They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the store who denied me the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transferred me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.
[/QUOTE]

That's by far the best story I ever heard. My Best Buy had about five copies left earlier.

Picked up BttF and True Grit from BB, $10.69 each with tax after PM on BttF, and $5 coupon on each. True Grit was marked at $14.99 on the shelf at BB, even though it was listed at $18 in the weekly ad.

sweet, put an order on amazon. I went to a target and they were long gone. Walmart had them, but the manager would not price adjust.

[quote name='icedrake523']For $25, I didn't want it. But $15 is really tempting. Just how bad is the case?[/QUOTE]

It isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I was more disappointed with the Avatar case than I was with this one.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I tried price matching at Wal-Mart to no Avail. The CS rep said "It isn't the 25th Anniversary Edition". So, I ended up going to Target and getting a Rain Check that says 25th Anniversary Edition. I'm tempted to bring it back to Wal-Mart to see if they will sponsor it. Funny enough the one at Wal-Mart rang up 54.96. If not then I'll be hitting up a local BB. I need this collection for $14.99[/QUOTE]

$9.99 if you use the coupon at BB.

Went to Target today to get BttF. Not to my surprise, they were out. The lady said they got ransacked for them when they opened.

So I went to Best Buy to price match and to my surprise, instead of a $26 sale priced BttF, I found a $15 sale priced Bttf. It didn't ring up as such though, so the cashier took the tag off the shelf as if it wasn't supposed to be there. But I got it for $15, that's what matters :). You can't beat that deal with a stick.

Oh, and I tried to use the $5 off coupon, and I think the cashier would've done it too, but the manager was right there so she asked her and the manager said it's only off of the regular price. Oh well, can't complain either way.

[quote name='ajh2298']Mine the same way I think if 2016181 is on the slip-case you have the newer package.[/QUOTE]

This must be a newer packaging, I got the latter and it doesnt have the tricky disc lock others were talking about.

[quote name='Lhallfin']This must be a newer packaging, I got the latter and it doesnt have the tricky disc lock others were talking about.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a pic? I'm curious of the differences. If not, no worries

[quote name='cbrun']Amazon just price matched the $14.99!!! Jump on it...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up -- definitely beats a trip to the store!

[quote name='trunks982']does bestbuy still have it for $14.99?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to PM the Target ad, and you can use the $5 (YMMV) off to bring it down to $9.99. Some CSR's won't allow you to use the coupon, but you might as well even try. ;) It'll ring up for $24.99 unless you find it with that price sticker.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You'll have to PM the Target ad, and you can use the $5 (YMMV) off to bring it down to $9.99. Some CSR's won't allow you to use the coupon, but you might as well even try. ;) It'll ring up for $24.99 unless you find it with that price sticker.[/QUOTE]

It'll ring up for $24.99 no matter what, even if you find the price sticker.

I went to Best Buy last night and their computer said it was in stock at $14.99 but it was nowhere to be found on the shelves. Our Best Buy is terrible like that, it's a new store and I've only been there four times and never found what I came for on the shelf. It's either a brand new release sitting in the stockroom or it's just mysteriously MIA.

Anyway, I used that $5 coupon and got True Grit for $9.99. Then I went over to Target and had them adjust my Back to the Future that I got for $20 the other day down to $15 even though they were totally sold out. Also grabbed Big Trouble in Little China for $8 and the two disc Iron Man for $15. Pretty good haul.

I picked this one up last Thursday. Man, I have been waiting to get this since last October but $54.99 was way too much for a Blu-ray. Glad I waited. And yes, this set has the new packaging where the disc are now much easier to remove than the previous one. You just push and pop comes the disc out.

For people still picking this up at Target make sure to check the front end caps at the registers. At my Target in the movies area they were out of much of the sale items from this week. Walking around the store to get a coffee I found many sale DVD/BR in the middle of front registers on the caps.

Target has lots of sale prices for BR's this week there were tags everywhere.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Do you have a pic? I'm curious of the differences. If not, no worries[/QUOTE]

At first when the trilogy started being sold everyone was breaking their discs because it's a different disc holder inside the case where you push down first instead of just pushing the middle and pulling.

The package I got looks idectical front and back but has just regular disc lock inside like we've seen for a decade now.

You tube has a ton of videos showing people how to work the weirdo disc lock, Im surprised they made a change so late in the run but it's for the best.

[quote name='dfo']Thanks for the heads up -- definitely beats a trip to the store![/QUOTE]

Unless you get it for $9.99 with the Best Buy $5 coupon...:D

bread's done
Back