Backlog help - what should I play next?

hufferstl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
I have a serious problem playing anything in the spring/summer. My job and social life keep me too damn busy to get any real gaming in. As a CAG, I don't stop buying games due to lack of time to play them, but I am getting better. So I need you guys to help me with the order that I should be going through my playlist.

I don't care about achievements, just want to play the game from start to finish and get the most out of it. Oh, and I am starting Act 3 of Gears of War and will probably finish that right when Arkham City comes out and will start that as soon as it comes out. After that I will be hitting the backlog in the order you guys suggest.

Edit - finished Limbo 12/11/2011
- finished Call of Duty : World at War 7/11/2012
- finished Black Ops 7/24/2012
- finished Red Dead Redemption 1/2/2012
- finished Alan Wake 11/22/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for everything except Fable 2. That's the least important thing you should play. Or I guess you could play the worst(Fable 2) and save the best for last.

I voted for nothing. These are games, not a wedding: you don't need to plan what you're going to play two months in advance you silly guy... throw 'em in a pile, close your eyes and pick a rando!

I'd go for Alan Wake. Great game, and pretty short. Limbo is very short as well and is a good one to start with if you just want to knock one off the list.

I'd say Alan Wake or Dragon Age depending on how much time you want to spend. Also I'd skip AC 1 and just go straight to AC 2, it's a MUCH better game. Just look at videos or wiki's to get what happened in 1.

[quote name='j-cart']Just play Dragon Age: Origins and all the DLC it came with. You won't need to play another game for a long time.[/QUOTE]

so true give yourself 60-80 hrs but definetly worth it:applause:

The Call of Duty campaigns are quick and fun. Same for Bad Company 2. I would knock those out, and then proceed to the two best games on your list: BioShock 2 and Dragon Age: Origins.

Thanks guys, Looks like Alan Wake might be next. I might start it tonight(I think I played the first level or two a year ago).

I would also recommend Alan Wake. One of the better soundtracks I've heard in a while.

I would also like to recommend Red Dead Redemption, but if you have limited time, that could occupy you for quite some time.

Also, one idea for your backlog which I kind of do myself. Play one of your non-shooters, then a shooter, and just sort of go back and forth between the two.

Hopefully I will finish Gears 3 in the next 2 days and then Batman arrives via walmart. Once that is done, I will be starting Alan Wake and then Dragon Age(unless I get more votes that say otherwise).

[quote name='hufferstl']Finished Limbo and now working on Red Dead Redemption(I am to the mexico part, so I'm not sure how much game I have left).[/QUOTE]

I think the Mexico part is the longest section of the game. The next section is smaller.

bread's done
Back