Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360/PS3) $59.95 w/$20 Gift Card at Walmart & Amazon

Just got my promotional credit email from Amazon, the credit expires 4/30/2010.

I'll have used it by then but that's not a lot of time.

[quote name='celticmoose']Maybe a dumb question, but is this Walmart.com only, or is the gift card available in store?[/QUOTE]
Online only according to their site.

I think I may end up buying this in-store at Gamestop while I wait for my Walmart.com order to arrive. Once that copy shows up I'll just return the unopened BFBC2 back to GS w/ the receipt. I'm too impatient to wait a week. >:O

Would I have any problems doing this? I assume my receipt isn't connected to any specific copy of BFBC2... right?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I think I may end up buying this in-store at Gamestop while I wait for my Walmart.com order to arrive. Once that copy shows up I'll just return the unopened BFBC2 back to GS w/ the receipt. I'm too impatient to wait a week. >:O

Would I have any problems doing this? I assume my receipt isn't connected to any specific copy of BFBC2... right?[/QUOTE]

I do this all the time, you should be fine so long as the store doesn't have any exclusive content like the Batman AA fiasco where every single place had their own version of it.

[quote name='benjamouth']Just got my promotional credit email from Amazon, the credit expires 4/30/2010.

I'll have used it by then but that's not a lot of time.[/QUOTE]

Got my credit in today too. Game shipped yesterday from AZ to CA, so should be getting it today (release day!)

Any suggested games to use this towards? I figured FF13 but will prolly hold off til the Sunday ads are leaked...

I'm curious how much longer the $20 gift card will be up on Amazon. I thought it was for pre-orders only, but the message doesn't actually mention pre-orders. Perhaps its just until they run out of "Limited Edition" versions. Or maybe it's just because today's the release day. I hope it stays until Friday (i.e. payday).

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']So the promot. credit thing is still up on the BC2 page. Part of me still wants to order it, would I still get the credit?[/QUOTE]

if its still listed then yes id imagine so. take a screen capture just to make sure.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I think I may end up buying this in-store at Gamestop while I wait for my Walmart.com order to arrive. Once that copy shows up I'll just return the unopened BFBC2 back to GS w/ the receipt. I'm too impatient to wait a week. >:O

Would I have any problems doing this? I assume my receipt isn't connected to any specific copy of BFBC2... right?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the one from Gamestop come with a code for an unlockable weapon?

[quote name='paz9x']if its still listed then yes id imagine so. take a screen capture just to make sure.[/QUOTE]

cool sig love that album:bouncy:

I got the $30 credit as well. I went ahead and canceled/reordered my FFXIII preorder. Came out to $29.99. We'll see if Amazon does anything about it. I hope not :)

bread's done
Back