Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360/PS3) $59.95 w/$20 Gift Card at Walmart & Amazon

[quote name='MrChan']I chose free super saver shipping (or w/e it's called), and it said it'll start shipping march 8...I hope it doesn't actually ship THAT late...

edit: has anyone ever used release date shipping? Should I change my shipping to that? I don't want to wait 2 weeks after the game's release date to play...[/QUOTE]
They always give themselves a lot of time. I ordered mass effect 2 recently with free shipping and they estimated feb 2 for shipping (released jan 26) and it shipped jan 29.

Just got off the phone with Walmart customer service..

I don't think I'm going to be able to get the +$10 egiftcard credit (I ordered back when it was $10 egiftcard). Instead of rewarding me the extra $10, I'm going to have to reorder BFBC2 - when both arrive, return one to my local Walmart for a refund of the remaining balance (63.xx - $10 egiftcard). That's basically what he told me anyway.

Wow. What the hell?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Just got off the phone with Walmart customer service..

I don't think I'm going to be able to get the +$10 egiftcard credit (I ordered back when it was $10 egiftcard). Instead of rewarding me the extra $10, I'm going to have to reorder BFBC2 - when both arrive, return one to my local Walmart for a refund of the remaining balance (63.xx - $10 egiftcard). That's basically what he told me anyway.

Wow. What the hell?[/QUOTE]
Can't you cancel the order now and reorder the game with that $10 egiftcard (which you already paid for)?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Just got off the phone with Walmart customer service..

I don't know man, maybe you should have emailed instead. I just received my extra $10 card a couple of minutes ago. With 12 bucks from bing and 20 in Wally gift cards, this game is going to cost me less than 30 bucks. Counting the cards as savings of course! GIDDYUP!!

[quote name='elrechazao']They always give themselves a lot of time. I ordered mass effect 2 recently with free shipping and they estimated feb 2 for shipping (released jan 26) and it shipped jan 29.[/QUOTE]
When did you get your game?

I'd imagine walmart pulling crap like that. Try calling them again.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Damn... way too good to pass up. I'll probably drop the $20 credit on Metro.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking this myself. Metro is looking better and better every time I see it.

Yea I just canceled my pre-order at gamestop. They asked why and I just smiled. Is there an expiration on the $20 gift credit? My friend mentioned something about it when he bought Mass Effect 2. I was going to put the $20 towards Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Yea I just canceled my pre-order at gamestop. They asked why and I just smiled. Is there an expiration on the $20 gift credit? My friend mentioned something about it when he bought Mass Effect 2. I was going to put the $20 towards Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]

yeah
the credit i got from tatsunoko vs capcom and mw2 would've expired on the 28th if i hadnt put it towards bc2

If I already had this preordered before the $20 promotion at Amazon does it automatically apply to my order? Or do I have to cancel it and re-preorder?

[quote name='MrBigFeathas']If I already had this preordered before the $20 promotion at Amazon does it automatically apply to my order? Or do I have to cancel it and re-preorder?[/QUOTE]
No you should automatically get the credit when the game ships. In the green print it says offer is valid to existing pre-orders.

I think I'll just get it from Walmart so I can get Bioshock 2 quicker.

Oh and when I added both BC2 and Bioshock 2 (I actually added Bioshock 2 after I deleted BC2 from the cart like I would if I was using the GC on my second order) to my cart the estimated shipping cost was $0.00 so just fyi.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I am thinking this myself. Metro is looking better and better every time I see it.[/QUOTE]

I really want Metro, but some of the stuff I was reading in GI turned me off, like having to keep setting your watch to know when the gas mask filter is gonna wear out. Sounds pretty cool and realistic, but I think that will get really boring really fast.

Gah, I didn't anticipate the rise in price. I didn't get to order it at its 56.99 price. The 20 credit is still very appealing though.

Here's what they just emailed me from Wally-

Thank you for your Walmart.com order of “Battlefield: Bad Company 2."

Currently on our website, this game comes with a bonus $20 eGift Card. This offer was not available at the time of your order #######, and we don't want you to miss out. We’re extending this promotion to your purchase as well, and will be emailing you an eGift Card to make up the difference. This card can be used toward a future purchase for other video games, accessories and much more.

You should receive your eGift card by email within the next week. (One eGift card per unit purchased. This card can be used only online at Walmart.com. We will not issue eGift cards for orders that are canceled.)

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.

[quote name='aj slick']Here's what they just emailed me from Wally-

Thank you for your Walmart.com order of “Battlefield: Bad Company 2."

Currently on our website, this game comes with a bonus $20 eGift Card. This offer was not available at the time of your order #######, and we don't want you to miss out. We’re extending this promotion to your purchase as well, and will be emailing you an eGift Card to make up the difference. This card can be used toward a future purchase for other video games, accessories and much more.

You should receive your eGift card by email within the next week. (One eGift card per unit purchased. This card can be used only online at Walmart.com. We will not issue eGift cards for orders that are canceled.)

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.[/QUOTE]

I just received this email as well, along with a $10 eGift card.

Although, I emailed them about this already and received a $10 eGift card at that time.

So I ended up with 3 $10 eGift cards and $11.20 BCB (20%), and it was $56 at time of order + $3.68 tax w/ free shipping

$59.68
-$41.20

$18.48 seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Anyone else get an extra eGift card?

[quote name='Vant']I just received this email as well, along with a $10 eGift card.

Although, I emailed them about this already and received a $10 eGift card at that time.

So I ended up with 3 $10 eGift cards and $11.20 BCB (20%), and it was $56 at time of order + $3.68 tax w/ free shipping

$59.68
-$41.20

Anyone else get an extra eGift card?[/QUOTE]

I got the same deal as you. $18.48 total....gotta love it. :applause:

[quote name='Vant']I just received this email as well, along with a $10 eGift card.

$59.68
-$41.20

Too bad there isn't any bing cashback right now. I'd be pretty tempted to use all these eGift Cards on Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully it will be back soon.

$59.68
-$41.20

I got a 3rd GC but my 15% BCB never went through which sucks but im not going to complain. This will be good enough to make me cancel my Amazon Order.

The problem with Walmart is that there's nothing I want to buy from them.
They go with prices that are usually high along with BestBuy, so I will stick with Amazon.
But still deciding if I should get it or not.

$59.68
-$41.20

Yep - me too! How much better could it get?

Hmm... come on $30 egift card! ;)

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']Too bad there isn't any bing cashback right now. I'd be pretty tempted to use all these eGift Cards on Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully it will be back soon.[/QUOTE]

There is - it's 10%. Use the javascript trick to get the 10% ever time. Go to bing.com, then paste the following into the address bar and press return:

Code:
javascript:void(eval("document.writeln('Walmart');"))

And, FYI, I did get my bing cashback for my Battlefield pre-order, as well as my Red Dead Redemption pre-order, a Live gold membership and a 4000 points card. That is, I'm waiting out the waiting period, but they show up in my account. These were all separate orders, so it worked every time.

$59.68
-$41.20

Did you receive this extra $10 egiftcard credit by accident.. or did they reward it to you for the trouble?

I spoke with a Walmart customer service representative on the phone and he told me he couldn't reward me the extra $10 egiftcard credit. He told me he'd put in a request to cancel my first order and then said I should go ahead and reorder the game to receive the $20 egiftcard credit, so I did. Just recently I received my extra $10 credit from the FIRST order (it was never canceled). So... NOW I'm stuck with 2 BFBC2 games and $40 egiftcard credit, which I didn't want. I understand I can take back the game itself and receive, what, $34ish? What I don't like is that I MUST spend that $20 credit at walmart.com.

In the end, I was helped out but screwed at the same time by their customer service department.

I think I deserve a $10 egiftcard credit for my troubles... lol :cry:

I contacted them about my existing pre-order when the $20 egiftcard deal came out about, using their form on their web page, and they sent me an additional $10 egiftcard. Then this morning I got another $10 egiftcard without asking!

wow a lot of people got lucky with Walmart lol.

I was waiting for my trade in's to go through on Amazon (it's still being processed) so I just lost $3. >_

If anyone is having trouble to get walmart to give them their extra $10 egiftcard just keep contacting them, at first they pulled the "this order cannot be changed or cancelled while it is processing" but after contacting them 2 more times they finally just emailed me the extra egiftcard.

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Wow guys looked like the price went up to $59.95. Hopefully anyone on the fence got it at $56.99.[/QUOTE]

I did thanks to a 35dollar gift card i been holding on to i don't really like paying the retail!!

[quote name='crunchewy']There is - it's 10%. Use the javascript trick to get the 10% ever time. Go to bing.com, then paste the following into the address bar and press return:

Code:
javascript:void(eval("document.writeln('Walmart');"))

And, FYI, I did get my bing cashback for my Battlefield pre-order, as well as my Red Dead Redemption pre-order, a Live gold membership and a 4000 points card. That is, I'm waiting out the waiting period, but they show up in my account. These were all separate orders, so it worked every time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - I just ordered Red Dead Redemption. :D

Does anyone know if the Walmart version is actually the "Limited Edition" ...I mean the picture next to the price says LE, but nowhere on the page does it actually say Limited Edition. I called a local store, and of course they had no idea.

[quote name='phene']Does anyone know if the Walmart version is actually the "Limited Edition" ...I mean the picture next to the price says LE, but nowhere on the page does it actually say Limited Edition. I called a local store, and of course they had no idea.[/QUOTE]

As of right now there is no listing (at least from every major retailer's site I've visited) that lists a "standard version" for sale. So I'd say it is in fact LE. I'm interested to see how long they run LE availability...

Quick question, maybe someone could help.

So somehow I managed to preorder this using a saved credit card that I canceled awhile ago. I received notice yesterday that my card was declined and thus my order wouldn't ship until I updated the pay info. I chose release-day delivery mind you.

I managed to change the card late last night and received notice this morning that my item would be shipping soon, and release-day shipping is still noted for my order. Does anyone know if I will actually get it today? Something tells me it will be tomorrow...

Weird. This morning I got the $10 pre-order credit from Amazon because I'd ordered prior to the increase to $20 credit. I figured I'd get a $20 pre-order guarantee eventually. Just now I got the $20 credit email.

Wondering if both are active, I added Darksiders to my cart and go to checkout. Both are good, so I can get Darksiders for $9.99.

Wonder if they'll wise up and jerk the $10 credit from my account?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Quick question, maybe someone could help.

So somehow I managed to preorder this using a saved credit card that I canceled awhile ago. I received notice yesterday that my card was declined and thus my order wouldn't ship until I updated the pay info. I chose release-day delivery mind you.

I managed to change the card late last night and received notice this morning that my item would be shipping soon, and release-day shipping is still noted for my order. Does anyone know if I will actually get it today? Something tells me it will be tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

My bet is on you seeing it tomorrow at the earliest, but I can't speak from experience :/

bread's done
Back