Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360/PS3) $59.95 w/$20 Gift Card at Walmart & Amazon

Oh damn! You guys need to check out Amazon now. Bad Company 2 for the 360 and PS3 Limited Edition will get you a $20 gc. The issue is that you need to sign in on the site and it will change from a $10 gc to a $20 gc.

Edit:

Sent the message too late, oh well.

[quote name='crunchewy']You probably used Paypal, right? In that case it's paypal that does that charging and they charge immediately. Don't use paypal for pre-orders. Probably you should never use paypal for paying for anything. Just get your paypal balance deposited to your bank account.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what it was. Crap....I hate PayPal.

So if I bought the game when the credit was 10$, will they up my credit to 20$ automatically? I ordered it literally, like 1 hour before they changed it (Amazon).

Wow I had no real desire to even buy Bad Company 2 but using a $10 credit I already had plus getting another $20 credit with it? I'm in :)

Amazon is great! They definitely got a loyal customer since the past 2 years and hopefully many more. I also got the PRIME membership this year because I buy most of my games there and I figured with all the savings I would get this.

One gripe about the shipping though, they are starting to send me games in the Yellow air bubble padded envelopes which i hate because the games boxes get damage more than if they put them in those individual cardboard boxes. Anyone experiencing this with them?

I would have like a cheaper buy it now price somewhere, but for such a high profile game it's almost impossible to find one.

With that said I just bought from Amazon for $56.99 ( no tax, free release day shipping+ $20 gift card)

I feel neutral about this deal, but the $20 gift card was the sole reason for me biting, I might use that on God Of War 3 :cool:

:whee:Just got in on Amazon using my promotional credit from Modern Warfare 2. Came out to 36.99, another $20 for my next game, and free release date shipping!!!! I love Amazon!!:whee:

[quote name='Layd Dly']I never got my BCB from my order and they wont let me cancel it because its in process because they emailed me the shitty GC already. So ill just return it to the store once i get it.[/QUOTE]

FYI to anyone that bought it with the BCB & $10 GC, I just called them up and they sent me a second $10 GC to PM the new deal, and I kept my BCB

[quote name='wild21crazy']Sweet! This is why I go to amazon for all of my gaming needs now.[/QUOTE]
That and no tax is a BIG plus for me

I haven't bought a game anywhere other than Amazon in 4-5 months. Since this is on an old ECA order, it is ever sweeter. I'm very glad I bought prime a few months back, now there is little reason to shop elsewhere.

[quote name='Moravagine']I haven't bought a game anywhere other than Amazon in 4-5 months. Since this is on an old ECA order, it is ever sweeter. I'm very glad I bought prime a few months back, now there is little reason to shop elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Prime is fucking awesome.

Really thinking about getting this one since I should be able to use the $20 promo on GOWIII right?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I believe the LE comes with the same bonuses as GS provides, but don't quote me on that.. :p[/QUOTE]
The Limited Edition just has incentives for pre-ordering the game (supposedly, you can only get this limited edition via pre-ordering). There are six immediate unlocks to gain a "day-one advantage," which could otherwise be unlocked as you progress through the game with the standard edition. GameStop's pre-order has two additional immediate unlocks.

The Limited Edition's full list of six unlocks are as follows (link):

• Four vehicle warfare unlocks

1. Improved Vehicle Armor – An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
  2. Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
  3. Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
  4. Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

• Two classic Battlefield 1943™ weapons

1. M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
  2. M1911 Pistol – Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.
The GameStop pre-order has two extra bonuses, along with the LE bonuses (link):

1. AKS-74 Assault Rifle XB360/PS3/PC - Instant access to the AKS-74 assault rifle for multiplayer action. Firing over 650 rounds a minute, this silent but deadly little beauty will give you maximum pwnage over your friends and enemies.
  2. Squad Rush XB360/PS3 - Exclusive early access to the new multiplayer game mode, Squad Rush. After 30 days, this mode will be unlocked for everyone.
    All PC users will have this mode on the first day. Instead, GameStop PC online pre-orders receive access to the PC multiplayer beta. Beta ends February 25, 2010. Available for online customers only while supplies last.

[quote name='ConfuciusCag']Prime is fucking awesome.

Really thinking about getting this one since I should be able to use the $20 promo on GOWIII right?[/QUOTE]

Yep you'll be able to use it on GOW 3. There's so many games coming out in the next couple months to use it on it's ridiculous. I think I'm using mine for Red Dead Redemption.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep you'll be able to use it on GOW 3. There's so many games coming out in the next couple months to use it on it's ridiculous. I think I'm using mine for Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks man. Not looking forward to all this gaming goodness though, I've got Heavy Rain preordered then BFBC2 and then GOWIII :whistle2:#

Damnit, it's so tempting to preorder the ps3 version. But I kindof wanted to get the PC version. I like how it controls on PC, but the ps3 version runs much more stable.

I'll sleep on it, but it looks like I might be getting the ps3 version.

I love 20 dollar game credits too.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Has anyone been able to cancel their wal-mart orders since the gift card has technically been delivered?[/QUOTE]

Should be no problem, but you won't get the money for the GC back, only the discounted game price.

Preordered this a couple of days ago. Really happy to hear it's a $20 giftcard now. Between this, Red Dead and Just Cause 2 I'll have $45. Pretty awesome.

[quote name='at0msk']FYI to anyone that bought it with the BCB & $10 GC, I just called them up and they sent me a second $10 GC to PM the new deal, and I kept my BCB[/QUOTE]

At my first attempt to do this, I failed. They suggested I cancel and reorder (then I'd lose BCB--so no). Ill keep trying

So those who have pre-ordered from walmart have already gotten the gift card? I want this on release date with amazon but I think I would rather go walmarts direction if I get the gift card now and put that towards Heavy Rain. With amazon, I won't get the gc until after BC2 comes out, correct?

[quote name='Trace17']So those who have pre-ordered from walmart have already gotten the gift card? I want this on release date with amazon but I think I would rather go walmarts direction if I get the gift card now and put that towards Heavy Rain. With amazon, I won't get the gc until after BC2 comes out, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes, with walmart you get it now. Amazon you get it after game ships.

I went into my account on walmart.com, found my order (which was made when it was only a $10 giftcard, but 20% BCB) and sent them a message regarding the order, with the following words:

You are now offering a $20 giftcard with preorder of this game, but when I ordered it was only $10. Is it possible for me to get the extra $10 giftcard now? Otherwise I'm thinking of canceling and ordering from amazon which is matching the $20 gift card and they automatically credit you with additional such bonuses if they go up after your order.

I'll update with the results. I selected "Billing & Refund" or whatever it was titled, in the menu.

Since Amazon.com is pricing it at 56.99 + $20 gaming credit + 0% tax + guaranteed street date delivery, I'm giving Walmart the shaft.

In the process of canceling now...

The limited edition is just extra downloadable crap for multiplayer that they probably took out from the full product to get people to pre-order.

Walmart.com is refusing to give me another $10 GC to match the current deal. I also can't cancel the pre order. I'll just return it and purchase on Amazon. If I lose the BCB, so be it.

[quote name='roostarz']Walmart.com is refusing to give me another $10 GC to match the current deal. I also can't cancel the pre order. I'll just return it and purchase on Amazon. If I lose the BCB, so be it.[/QUOTE]

I signed into my Walmart account but there is no "Easy Returns Receipt" link for this order! I've got several preordered games and they have this option, but not BFBC2.

I figured since I won't be able to cancel my order I'll just return it to the store.. but without a receipt, I can't!

HALP!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I signed into my Walmart account but there is no "Easy Returns Receipt" link for this order! I've got several preordered games and they have this option, but not BFBC2.

I figured since I won't be able to cancel my order I'll just return it to the store.. but without a receipt, I can't!

HALP![/QUOTE]

don't you get a receipt when the game comes in the mail? Their website says you can return without receipt anyways

I think it's a good deal, but the demo kinda sucked in terms of combat.
Hope they fix it in the retail version but I kinda doubt it.

Still deciding...

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I think it's a good deal, but the demo kinda sucked in terms of combat.
Hope they fix it in the retail version but I kinda doubt it.

Still deciding...[/QUOTE]

What do you think sucked about it?

[quote name='roostarz']don't you get a receipt when the game comes in the mail? Their website says you can return without receipt anyways[/QUOTE]
Yeah you can return without a receipt at wal-mart something like 4 times a year. You just need a valid ID, and they give store credit in that situation.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah you can return without a receipt at wal-mart something like 4 times a year. You just need a valid ID, and they give store credit in that situation.[/QUOTE]

So it DOES come with a receipt in the box?

..and does that "return-without-a-receipt" concept refresh every year on a certain date or is it 4 returns within a span of 365 days?

Either way, I'd rather have cash back than store credit. I don't understand why they can't refund me the original price - $10.. :(

bread's done
Back