Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360/PS3) $59.95 w/$20 Gift Card at Walmart & Amazon

[quote name='ssjmichael']What do you think sucked about it?[/QUOTE]

It's still a decent Battlefield game IMO but it's just the combat it sucked.
It doesn't feel right when you shoot someone like any other games.

That could just be me, but I heard a lot of people hating how meh the combat is.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']..does that refresh every year on a certain date or is it 4 returns within a span of 365 days?

Either way, I'd rather have cash back than store credit. I don't understand why they can't refund me the original price - $10.. :([/QUOTE]
What's Walmart's No Receipt returns policy?
Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. You have the option of a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25), a credit to your credit card or an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer's warranties. You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.

^^ theres the correct info, thanks
[quote name='labelmeoriginal']..does that refresh every year on a certain date or is it 4 returns within a span of 365 days?

Either way, I'd rather have cash back than store credit. I don't understand why they can't refund me the original price - $10.. :([/QUOTE]
I'm not exactly sure how it works, but like someone else said you will get a receipt with your game. So just return it using that. You shouldnt run into any problems

[quote name='Brother Daz']^^ theres the correct info, thanks

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but like someone else said you will get a receipt with your game. So just return it using that. You shouldnt run into any problems[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just paranoid I guess.

[quote name='roostarz']Can you get two 20$ credits from Amazon by ordering one copy of the XBOX version and one ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

YMMV

I did this before with mw2 for the ps3 and 360. I managed to get two $20 promo codes without a problem.

[quote name='backseatdog']YMMV

I did this before with mw2 for the ps3 and 360. I managed to get two $20 promo codes without a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I researched the amazon mw2 thread, and others said they got both. I pulled the trigger.

I had it pre-ordered at amazon before the $20 credit offer. I emailed amazon today and they confirmed I will be getting the $20 credit. :)
I'll probably use that for Red Dead Redemption.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']It's still a decent Battlefield game IMO but it's just the combat it sucked.
It doesn't feel right when you shoot someone like any other games.

That could just be me, but I heard a lot of people hating how meh the combat is.[/QUOTE]

Assuming its like previous BF games the combat has always had a 'floaty' feeling to it. Nothing new there.

And screw you amazon for not stepping up and doing nothing with the PC version.

[quote name='genfuyung']Hell yeah amazon. This game is a great alternative to Modern Warfare 2.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this game can't come out fast enough. I'm sick of care package glitch and playing the same maps over and over. I'll consider going back when the glitch is permanently fixed and the map pack comes out.

[quote name='roostarz']Yea, this game can't come out fast enough. I'm sick of care package glitch and playing the same maps over and over. I'll consider going back when the glitch is permanently fixed and the map pack comes out.[/QUOTE]
I just popped in MW2 a minute ago and got an update. Maybe they've fixed the glitch? But yeah all the glitching and shit pretty much drove me to just playing the BC2 demo instead.

[quote name='genfuyung']I just popped in MW2 a minute ago and got an update. Maybe they've fixed the glitch? But yeah all the glitching and shit pretty much drove me to just playing the BC2 demo instead.[/QUOTE]

PS3 got that patch almost 2 weeks ago. If its the same patch ps3 got, it only fixes the first method of doing the glitch, theres another method that wasn't fixed by it (everyone's doing it on PS3 now, its almost easier). IW is still workign on a "permanent fix"

[quote name='roostarz']PS3 got that patch almost 2 weeks ago. If its the same patch ps3 got, it only fixes the first method of doing the glitch, theres another method that wasn't fixed by it (everyone's doing it on PS3 now, its almost easier). IW is still workign on a "permanent fix"[/QUOTE]
fucking awesome.

[quote name='qwerty1']Assuming its like previous BF games the combat has always had a 'floaty' feeling to it. Nothing new there.

And screw you amazon for not stepping up and doing nothing with the PC version.[/QUOTE]

Well I loved the combat in Battlefield 2 and I still do.
This deal is just too good for me to pass, but I'm just being cautious about pre-ordering a bad game.
Game Informer gave it 95,so I'm about to be positive on this game.

I'm gonna have to get the game now since they applied the promotion to the PS3 version. Between this 20 dollar credit and two other 10 dollar credits I'll receive, I'll be able to get Persona 3 Portable for free. Yay.

[quote name='roostarz']PS3 got that patch almost 2 weeks ago. If its the same patch ps3 got, it only fixes the first method of doing the glitch, theres another method that wasn't fixed by it (everyone's doing it on PS3 now, its almost easier). IW is still workign on a "permanent fix"[/QUOTE]

What?
The patch just went live to 360 fixes both ways.

[quote name='Rising']BF: BC2 for $26.99($20 Amazon credit + $10 Discover Promo). Thanks Amazon and Wal-Mart. :D[/QUOTE]

How did you do that?
You just use Discover card on Amazon and get $10 off?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']How did you do that?
You just use Discover card on Amazon and get $10 off?[/QUOTE]

Order was made during Thanksgiving when they had the Discover promo.

Don't really have any interest in the game, but I feel wrong for not getting it with such a crapload of credit attached. Doubt I will, but it'll keep me thinking till the game releases.

Has anyone had this show up in their quick picks yet? I have $20 worth of credits now, so I'd basically just get $20 off the game right off the bat w/ this deal - but another $3 or so wouldn't hurt. ;)

Preordered with Bing and Wally a few weeks ago with the $10 credit. When I checked my orders it shows the $20 credit by the game but I haven't received another $10 yet. Had to email them and wait to see what happens.

hm really considering getting this game now with $20 credit. i bought the first one last year for cheap and only played single player, not really giving multiplayer a chance. now i've heard alot about this games great multiplayer, but i know almost nothing about single. is it still the same funny, arcadey shooter gameplay?

[quote name='argyle']Has anyone had this show up in their quick picks yet? I have $20 worth of credits now, so I'd basically just get $20 off the game right off the bat w/ this deal - but another $3 or so wouldn't hurt. ;)[/QUOTE]

I had the PC version of BC2 in my quickpicks and picked it up. I didn't want to wait incase amazon pulls a FFXIII and raises the 56.99 price to 59.99 so i just ordered the 360 version as well. So it might have a chance if the PC version made it.

Hmm, thinking about buying the game, but didn't Dice or EA totally drop support of the recent down-loadable battlefield game shortly after it's release? Who's to say they won't do it again?

[quote name='Xiemos']Hmm, thinking about buying the game, but didn't Dice or EA totally drop support of the recent down-loadable battlefield game shortly after it's release? Who's to say they won't do it again?[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong (as I do not play it), but I am pretty sure Battlefield 1943 is still going strong.

I don't think I will be able to resist this with the $20 GC promo. I was going to wait til the price dropped a month or two after release, but it already did. the $20 GC is as good as money to me, because I will buy more games.

Are there any expiration dates on said gift card promos?

I also heard there will be hardcore mode when the game is released? My main problem with BC1 was that it took way too many shots to drop someone.

guys help me out here its my first time to buy with a promo like this. How do i make sure I get the $20 GC? should i just pre order the item and then will be automatic? I was already checking out the item but it never mentioned the GC so i backed out. I dont wanna miss it.

[quote name='aj slick']Preordered with Bing and Wally a few weeks ago with the $10 credit. When I checked my orders it shows the $20 credit by the game but I haven't received another $10 yet. Had to email them and wait to see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them about this matter and received this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com. We are sending you this automated response to help you with your question.

After you click "Place Your Order" on the Confirm and Submit page, your order immediately begins processing. During the first 24-48 hours of processing time it may be possible to cancel your order, but once the order is shipped, we cannot stop delivery.

To attempt to cancel your order during processing:

1. Sign in to My Account
2. Find the order you wish to cancel
3. Click the order number to see the order details

If it is still possible to request a cancellation, you will see a Cancel button. Click the button to submit your request and we will work with our warehouse to attempt to cancel your order.

If there is no Cancel button, the order is being shipped and cannot be canceled.

If you change your mind about the order and there is no option to request a cancellation, you can return any unwanted items to us by mail after you receive them in accordance with our Returns Policy. For most items, you will also have the option of returning the items directly to a Walmart store. Instructions for returning an item will arrive with your order.

[quote name='jraf']guys help me out here its my first time to buy with a promo like this. How do i make sure I get the $20 GC? should i just pre order the item and then will be automatic? I was already checking out the item but it never mentioned the GC so i backed out. I dont wanna miss it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, just pre-order it. if you havent received the promo credit a couple of days after the game has shipped, contact amazon customer service.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']yeah, just pre-order it. if you havent received the promo credit a couple of days after the game has shipped, contact amazon customer service.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks for the help :)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I e-mailed them about this matter and received this:[/QUOTE]

You went through the contact us page that had you select the specific item yes?

try again, i messaged them when MW2 got bumped to $20 stating that 'i only recieved $10 and its now $20, can you please either issue me a credit for the difference or send me another GC'

and they simply deducted $10 from the order total [better than a GC in my opinion].

bread's done
Back