Badman UMD preorder, $19.99 on Rosenqueen - only shipping if 1,000 are placed!

MasamuneNKX

CAGiversary!
Didn't see any mention of this, and I know it's not technically a "deal", I didn't know where else to put it and thought it was worth a mention for anybody who might be interested.

Found on Rosenqueen's website: they're gauging interest in a UMD version of Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!, which has only been available on PSN as a download thus far. The UMD version will be $19.99 (which aside from shipping appears to be the same price as the downloadable version), but they will only actually produce the game if 1,000 preorders are placed. The info on the site says that they will not charge until orders are actually shipped, and to not place orders purely to increase the "votes" for the game's production (i.e. multiple orders by one person only count as one "vote").

Preorders stop being taken on November 13th, and the game ships in mid-December if it's actually going to happen. Orders will be cancelled if there aren't enough to begin production.

Anyone who was wanting a physical copy of the game (like me), this seems like basically the best chance for it to happen, and there's really no loss for placing a preorder (assuming they REALLY don't charge until it ships; this is Rosenqueen after all!) Either they cancel your order and you never get charged, or you end up with your copy of the game.

Link: http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?productid=16301&cat=0&page=1

if they do only charge when they ship, I would... but I don't want them to charge till then.

Has anyone so far? Did they charge?

[quote name='xycury']if they do only charge when they ship, I would... but I don't want them to charge till then.

Has anyone so far? Did they charge?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they charge you they took out $25.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So they only need to sell 1k to make a profit?

Insane.[/QUOTE]
Most likely its the smallest amount or near the smallest amount they can order to be printed. The smallest may be something like 1.5k or even 2.5k. I do wonder if they will be the only ones selling the game or not though.

This is great to hear and I hope they get enough preorders to print the game. I was looking forward to this game until I saw that it was downloadable only.

On a side note I noticed that Rosenqueen finally got around to putting their logo on the order invoices.

I'll tell you what, I haven't even really looked into this game, so I really don't know what it's about. But I'm NOT a fan of Digital Distribution in the SLIGHTEST, at least not for full retail releases.

With that said, I just blindly ordered 2 copies.

[quote name='Drkirby']Most likely its the smallest amount or near the smallest amount they can order to be printed. The smallest may be something like 1.5k or even 2.5k. I do wonder if they will be the only ones selling the game or not though.[/QUOTE]

I suspect they already have access to UMDs with the game on it since it just released in the UK. All they really need to do is print a US insert and they are set.

[quote name='bojay1997']I suspect they already have access to UMDs with the game on it since it just released in the UK. All they really need to do is print a US insert and they are set.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't work, they print the local rating right on the UMDs so they would need a fresh batch.

should of been 9.99 and needed 2,000 orders... i think you would of seen a lot more people jump on that... 25 shipped for an old game...Sorry but they had their chance to get my money months ago... bad reviews . lame reviews have left this game in the graveyard ... maybe one day i find it at gamestop used for 5 bucks

shipping period DEC 18... so they wont even make them in time for christmas.. another lame move Rosenqueen..

I pre-ordered. It looks like a hectic retro-style action/puzzle game with a lot of nods to JRPGs.

On the other hand considering how long it took them to sell out of the 550-something Atelier Annie LEs this project could be doomed. This game looks like it is a lot more fun, but like Annie it is very niche (just a different niche).

Gauge interest in a real copy? What a novel idea!

Should have done that earlier, though. I already bought the Japanese UMD. No thanks.

[quote name='fairtrade']I pre-ordered. It looks like a hectic retro-style action/puzzle game with a lot of nods to JRPGs.

On the other hand considering how long it took them to sell out of the 550-something Atelier Annie LEs this project could be doomed. This game looks like it is a lot more fun, but like Annie it is very niche (just a different niche).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too pessimistic at this point. Atelier Annie is kind of an oddity. For one thing, it's for a system that NIS doesn't normally support, so a lot of more Nintendo-centric people interested in the game might not even know that Rosenqueen exists. Another thing is that I'm pretty sure that deluxe editions of certain games available in higher quantities than Annie have sold out before. For instance, didn't the Mana Khemia bundles do pretty well, even to the point that they commanded a hefty premium on the secondary market?

Personally although I'll be buying Annie I just didn't like the pre-order bonus. The character designs in the game are already pretty saccharinely animu and making them super-deformed just amplified this. I'm guessing I wasn't the only one, so niche game + niche bonus = slow orders, I guess.

That said, I'll be placing my order. Hopefully for each one of us that's doing it five or ten lurkers are as well. I'd imagine that this is going to be spread by blogs, gaf, gamefaqs, etc. and whatnot so 1000 different people isn't out of the realm of possibility.

So if they hit the 1000 how many do you think they'll produce overall?
I'd buy one just for the idea that there are less than 2000 made, for the rarity.

[quote name='unclenebber']So if they hit the 1000 how many do you think they'll produce overall?
I'd buy one just for the idea that there are less than 2000 made, for the rarity.[/QUOTE]

yea what they should of done was put ....

If we get 1,000 orders we will make this game... WE WILL LIMIT THE ORDERS TO 2500 though

then i might of jumpped on it... BUT Then again with it not coming out till probally Jan it would miss xmas present time

EST SHIP time is DEC 18 meaning you be very lucky to get this by xmas....

if they tossed in a few extra items (like a plush or soundtrack)

The email I got from them also said this:

We are currently trying to get some support from retailers for this UMD version of Badman, by letting them know that there are many fans who are still interested in the UMD version of Badman! If we could get supoprt from them, we will be able to make the UMD version of Badman even if the preorders at RosenQueen don't reach 1,000.

Don't be surprised if this gets sold at other retailers to. Not a wide release mind you, but maybe a 5K print run.

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']Didn't see any mention of this, and I know it's not technically a "deal", I didn't know where else to put it and thought it was worth a mention for anybody who might be interested.
[/QUOTE]
Use search function. Posted in 2 different threads.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6409023&postcount=95

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6409017&postcount=135

That said, hopefully this reaches more people now.

[quote name='arcane93']Is there a demo version for this game? I'd be more inclined to buy it if I were able to give it a try first.[/QUOTE]
There's a demo on PSN.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So they only need to sell 1k to make a profit?

Insane.[/QUOTE]

Its often the case that a publisher can only request a run if they're willing to pay for a non-trivial minimum. So it may be the case that NISA literally needs to order 1,000 copies manufactured in order to get any manufactured at all.

Personally, though I don't really want this game, I'm very tempted to buy a copy just to return the appreciation NISA shows their fans. A major reason they're doing this (like a lot of things they do) is because their fans have asked for it. I'd also want to do my part in showing them there are still those of us out there who prefer physical, truly "ownable" copies of games.

I may very well just go ahead and order one and play it for what its worth.

[quote name='jgamezcua']in for 1 also, wish they'd do a UMD with Patapon 2 also...

Not a fan of digital distro either[/QUOTE]

Considering Sony made the PSPGo what it is, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Preordered one. I can live with DD, but the PSP DD prices can suck it.

(yes, yes, I know, Badman was $10 for a week - it's more about the principle of the overall PSP title prices, not this one particular game).

I will buy this IF they include the Soundtrack CD like originally planned like i saw on back of a magazine before it became PSN exclusive...

Like many of you, I'm going to order a copy to both support NIS, show that I'm a fan of physical game copies AND own a really rare UMD version of a game that is no doubt going to be very limited at least. Though the collector in me is tempted to keep the game sealed and download the DD version to play. Man I hate being a collector sometimes.

[quote name='slidecage']words[/QUOTE]

Aww. You're so sweet you're giving us cavities.

I'm hardly an optimist, but good lord.

I'm not really sure if this is going to be a game that I would like, but I pre-ordered my copy anyway. I dislike DD and I love limited edition stuff.
For $20 I get to show my disdain for digital distribution and I get a super rare game. ...Sounds like a deal to me. :)

fuck digital distribution

ill do it if i know they dont charge right away. also id rather pick up in store than pay 5 shipping. will wait to see how many & where (as well as IF) it gets released or any other news.

mmm thinking.

[quote name='postulio']ill do it if i know they dont charge right away. also id rather pick up in store than pay 5 shipping. will wait to see how many & where (as well as IF) it gets released or any other news.

mmm thinking.[/QUOTE]

Shipping was $2.68 with USPS Media Mail. So it's $22.67 total.
(No $1.20-$1.99 in tax, no $2+ in gasoline to get to the store and back, no having to talk to some strange man at the counter asking for "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?" ...Sounds like a win to me.)

[quote name='KillerRamen']Shipping was $2.68 with USPS Media Mail. So it's $22.67 total.
(No $1.20-$1.99 in tax, no $2+ in gasoline to get to the store and back, no having to talk to some strange man at the counter asking for "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?" ...Sounds like a win to me.)[/QUOTE]

i just dont want to be charged right away.
plus i live in nyc. there are 4(!) gamestops within 5-10 minutes walking distance of my job alone.

bread's done
Back