Bankai! Zutto Futari Wa Sannin No Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...According to the frontpage of Anime News Network, this cast list for Naruto is officially from Viz, so I guess this is as official as we'll see:

Kate Higgins as Sakura
Maile Flanagan as Naruto
Yuri Lowenthal as Sasuke
Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi
Stephanie Sheh as Hinata Hyuuga
Cindy Robinson as Tsunami
Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Ino Yamanaka and Konohamaru
Doug Ehrholtz as Asuma
Fred Tatasciore as Gato
Kirk Thornton as Tazuna
Quinton Flynn as Iruka
Robbie Rist as Choji
Steve Kramer as Hokage
Steven Blum as Zabuza
Tom Gibbas as Shikamaru

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Blum as Zabuza? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I really thought he would be a great Kakashi, but after looking at what Wittenberg has done and then thinking about it, Blum makes a hell of a lot more sense as Zabuza. Blum does awesome with characters who have a more bloodthirsty feel to them. Listen to him as Mugen, for example. I can't see that voice as something like Kakashi, who is just always laid back and such. Maybe more like Spike would make sense as Kakashi, but Wittenberg I can see as being a great Kakashi. Asuka in s-CRY-ed and Cliff Flittir in Star Ocean have a sort of Kakashi feel to them voice wise. It'll stink only having Blum for like 12-13 episodes, but he'll be great as Zabuza. The one I'm worried about is Kirk Thornton as Tazuna. Now that's a waste of a great voice actor. Plus, I do not see Jin from Champloo as Tazuna.

Though I'm kind of interested in the guy playing Iruka. He hasn't done a whole lot, but one credit makes it interesting: He was Raiden in MGS2.

EDIT: Plus, I hope they can find someway to get Crispin Freeman to do a voice. Him and Blum need to be in more projects together. Also, note that there's no voice listed for Haku, so we still don't know what they're gonna do there. Stay a guy...Change to a girl...

Nevermind...I have now lost all faith in the dub of Naruto....Here's the face of the person doing Naruto's voice:

48m0sm.jpg

[quote name='karsh']Nevermind...I have now lost all faith in the dub of Naruto....Here's the face of the person doing Naruto's voice:

48m.jpg
[/QUOTE]

IMDB doesn't allow linking of their images. They're crafty.

edit: so, if you could draw them, in MSPaint if possible, that would be nice.

[quote name='karsh']Also, note that there's no voice listed for Haku, so we still don't know what they're gonna do there. Stay a guy...Change to a girl...[/QUOTE]

Even if there was a voice listed we wouldn't know for sure. :lol:

You know, Kirin and I told you that was a fake cast list, but nooooooo, you people still decided to believe it, and now you are left trying to pick up your shattered pieces of life now that you know the official cast list. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote name='Rihan']You know, Kirin and I told you that was a fake cast list, but nooooooo, you people still decided to believe it, and now you are left trying to pick up your shattered pieces of life now that you know the official cast list. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

I have no clue why you're being acting like a bitch. No one is really complaining. I always said it was fake too, and that I have more faith in ANN list, which was a hell of a lot closer. The only thing I believed that turned out not to be true was Blum doing Kakashi, which after thinking about it, doesn't make sense. So I don't see anyone "picking up the shattered pieces of their life" over the cast list. Go act like a bitch elsewhere.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Even if there was a voice listed we wouldn't know for sure. :lol:[/QUOTE]

True. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they find some extremely horrid way to cut Haku out of it entirely. Like randomly putting a picture of a bunny rabbit over all instances of Haku and say that Zabuza has a magical friend named Mr. Bunny who helps him out. ;)

I fear, that by the time Naruto actually releases, I will be so sick of it from cons, boards, etc. That I will not watch it.

Which, quite frankly, is just shy of the case now.

Anybody know anything about Jungle Guu coming out? I read it was liscensed some time ago, but never got any more info. I've been looking forward to it for some time.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I fear, that by the time Naruto actually releases, I will be so sick of it from cons, boards, etc. That I will not watch it.

Which, quite frankly, is just shy of the case now.

[/QUOTE]

I gotta say I am freaking sick of it now... No offense to anyone here, but just look at these threads, it's like people can't not talk about Naruto or Bleach for more than 10 posts, and I've seen it more than once at a few boards where a simple or general anime thread becomes basically a Naruto thread. Add that with other elements like you said and it gets old kinda quick IMHO. I've only read some of the manga and watched like 2 episodes and already I've had my fill of it just from all the hype.

Edit: As for Jungle Guu, anime news network had a little news snipet on it monday or tuesday about a tentitive release schedule I think. I'll dig it up...

edit2: Make that Anime Nation I guess was the source
[quote name='Anime Nation']At this past weekend's Otakon convention, AN Entertainment revealed a tentative December 27th release date for the first DVD volume of Haré+Guu.[/quote]

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I gotta say I am freaking sick of it now... No offense to anyone here, but just look at these threads, it's like people can't not talk about Naruto or Bleach for more than 10 posts, and I've seen it more than once at a few boards where a simple or general anime thread becomes basically a Naruto thread. Add that with other elements like you said and it gets old kinda quick IMHO. I've only read some of the manga and watched like 2 episodes and already I've had my fill of it just from all the hype.

Edit: As for Jungle Guu, anime news network had a little news snipet on it monday or tuesday about a tentitive release schedule I think. I'll dig it up...

edit2: Make that Anime Nation I guess was the source[/QUOTE]

You can't really do much about it. They're popular. They'll be talked about. I try to talk about some other stuff, and no one ever responds. So I give up. You gotta go with what people are watching or reading. I've tried bringing up Death Note multiple times, but no one ever mentions it. It's an awesome manga, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who reads it. And don't foget, these topics DID grow out of Naruto topics to begin with, so Naruto will always be a prevelant topic.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I gotta say I am freaking sick of it now... No offense to anyone here, but just look at these threads, it's like people can't not talk about Naruto or Bleach for more than 10 posts, and I've seen it more than once at a few boards where a simple or general anime thread becomes basically a Naruto thread. Add that with other elements like you said and it gets old kinda quick IMHO. I've only read some of the manga and watched like 2 episodes and already I've had my fill of it just from all the hype.

edit2: Make that Anime Nation I guess was the source[/QUOTE]

Well, if you look at the recent threads, the only ones who seem to be contributing with frequency are Narutards and Bleach-heads (of which I am both) so OF COURSE the stuff we talk about are said subjects. The only exceptions seem to be Kirin Lemon and Miyazaki nut FriskyTanuki. If you or anyone else is sick of reading about Naruto/Bleach, please, this IS an anime thread so put your 2 cents in. I watch all kinds of anime and I've thrown out some of the stuff I watch (Ichigo Mashimaro, Bokusatsu Dokuru-chan, Kamichu!, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid just to name a few) but no one seems to be biting that much. A comment here, a post there - it's quite nonexistant for the most part. Again, if anyone's annoyed at reading about Naruto/Bleach all the time, contribute to the conversation then. I'm more than willing to discuss any and all anime (seen or otherwise).

And on the second note, All 3 Jungle Wa series were pretty good (Jungle Wa Hale Noche Guu, Jungle Wa Deluxe, and Jungle Wa Final) but I think the best one was the first series as the later ones seemed to get more dramatic and less off-the-wall.

[quote name='karsh']You can't really do much about it. They're popular. They'll be talked about. I try to talk about some other stuff, and no one ever responds. So I give up. You gotta go with what people are watching or reading. I've tried bringing up Death Note multiple times, but no one ever mentions it. It's an awesome manga, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who reads it. And don't foget, these topics DID grow out of Naruto topics to begin with, so Naruto will always be a prevelant topic.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for Death Note but I haven't found where you get the manga. Care to share a link?

[quote name='jaykrue']I've been looking for Death Note but I haven't found where you get the manga. Care to share a link?[/QUOTE]

For now, www.anime-source.com has the manga, but you'll need to read it quickly, since they're gonna take it down sometime soon since it was licensed.

[quote name='karsh']For now, www.anime-source.com has the manga, but you'll need to read it quickly, since they're gonna take it down sometime soon since it was licensed.[/QUOTE]

Is there any other way? This site seems to do allow you to do it a page at a time. Is there a way to get the whole thing in chapters or volumes?

[quote name='karsh']You can't really do much about it. They're popular. They'll be talked about. I try to talk about some other stuff, and no one ever responds. So I give up. You gotta go with what people are watching or reading. I've tried bringing up Death Note multiple times, but no one ever mentions it. It's an awesome manga, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who reads it. And don't foget, these topics DID grow out of Naruto topics to begin with, so Naruto will always be a prevelant topic.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know there's not too much to be done about it which is why I don't say what I just said or complain about it that often, whatever happens, happens. As for Death Note, i haven't read it, but I'll be on the look out for it.

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, if you look at the recent threads, the only ones who seem to be contributing with frequency are Narutards and Bleach-heads (of which I am both) so OF COURSE the stuff we talk about are said subjects. The only exceptions seem to be Kirin Lemon and Miyazaki nut FriskyTanuki. If you or anyone else is sick of reading about Naruto/Bleach, please, this IS an anime thread so put your 2 cents in. I watch all kinds of anime and I've thrown out some of the stuff I watch (Ichigo Mashimaro, Bokusatsu Dokuru-chan, Kamichu!, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid just to name a few) but no one seems to be biting that much. A comment here, a post there - it's quite nonexistant for the most part. Again, if anyone's annoyed at reading about Naruto/Bleach all the time, contribute to the conversation then. I'm more than willing to discuss any and all anime (seen or otherwise).
[/QUOTE]

Like Karsh said, others and sometimes even I contribute with other shows or manga to talk about, but no one seems to care. Maybe the longest conversation on another subject usually exists for about a dozen or so posts before it's back to Bleach/Naruto. And after awhile you see that no one is talking about anything else, the less you feel like contributing any new topics. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about Naruto all the time, in fact if everyone feels like doing it then great, at least people are getting interested in anime/manga. All I mean is I just feel that if people took time to talk about something else for a bit, more people would probably contribute or have something to say as some people like myself don't watch or really read Bleach or Naruto. And also I meant for just me personally all the hype for Naruto is wearing on me, but most of that is not caused by this thread, just everything going around about it in general.

[quote name='jaykrue']Is there any other way? This site seems to do allow you to do it a page at a time. Is there a way to get the whole thing in chapters or volumes?[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about this "death" "note," but if you ask me, on a total tangent, stoptazmo.com is a good site to discuss the stopping of tazmos.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Like Karsh said, others and sometimes even I contribute with other shows or manga to talk about, but no one seems to care. Maybe the longest conversation on another subject usually exists for about a dozen or so posts before it's back to Bleach/Naruto. And after awhile you see that no one is talking about anything else, the less you feel like contributing any new topics. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about Naruto all the time, in fact if everyone feels like doing it then great, at least people are getting interested in anime/manga. All I mean is I just feel that if people took time to talk about something else for a bit, more people would probably contribute or have something to say as some people like myself don't watch or really read Bleach or Naruto. And also I meant for just me personally all the hype for Naruto is wearing on me, but most of that is not caused by this thread, just everything going around about it in general.[/QUOTE]

Ok, then, throw out some stuff you've seen and if I've seen it or am interested in it, we'll discuss. And don't don't feel like contributing less just because the topic shifts back to naruto/bleach. These threads are malleable and aren't fixed to one anime so the shift can swing right back to a post made about 100 or so posts back.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I dont know if anyone reads it but the new FMA volume is out. 50 for those who are curious.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that means I'm falling behind, still haven't read chapter 49 yet. Oh well today's a day off so that'll give me some time.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Damn, that means I'm falling behind, still haven't read chapter 49 yet. Oh well today's a day off so that'll give me some time.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Last thing I remember, Ross had reappeared and was taking I think Ed somewhere. Maybe I should catch myself up in that sometime soon...

Ok then, what's does anyone know about Trinity Blood? I know it just got licensed and I hear nothing but good things about it. I'm anixious to see it (doesn't come out in the states til 2006 though), but from the premise it seems like a typical vampire/demon hunting anime. Has anybody seen it?

[quote name='jaykrue']So is the FMA manga going beyond the anime or is the manga loosely following it?[/QUOTE]

It's diverged pretty heavily from the anime at this point.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Ok then, what's does anyone know about Trinity Blood? I know it just got licensed and I hear nothing but good things about it. I'm anixious to see it (doesn't come out in the states til 2006 though), but from the premise it seems like a typical vampire/demon hunting anime. Has anybody seen it?[/QUOTE]

I only watched up to ep7 or so before it was licensed, but it seemed pretty generic to me, like Trigun strained through Hellsing.

[quote name='jmcc']It's diverged pretty heavily from the anime at this point.[/QUOTE]

So about where would you say it diverged from the anime? Chapter...? So I know where to start.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Ok then, what's does anyone know about Trinity Blood? I know it just got licensed and I hear nothing but good things about it. I'm anixious to see it (doesn't come out in the states til 2006 though), but from the premise it seems like a typical vampire/demon hunting anime. Has anybody seen it?[/QUOTE]

Trinity Blood didn't blow me away in the first episode... it seemed like it was trying too hard to be Hellsing. But I'm gonna give it another chance this weekend since my friend picked up 6 of the first episodes and he said they pick up after the first one.

[quote name='jaykrue']So is the FMA manga going beyond the anime or is the manga loosely following it?[/QUOTE]

Stories are pretty different, similar basic plots but other than that they are pretty different. Personally I think the manga's storyline flows much better and develops the otehr characters more, but I haven't seen the last 8 or 9 episodes of the show so I can't really say if it goes beyond it in terms of the basic plot. Also, I could be wrong but I think the show came second, so technically the show doesn't totally follow the manga.

Edit: Up until chapters 4 or 5 they are almost the same, so I'd start at 4.

[quote name='jaykrue']So about where would you say it diverged from the anime? Chapter...? So I know where to start.[/QUOTE]

There's not really one point where you can pick it up as forking from the anime. There's some similarities all throughout, but lots of differences, too. It's an alternate universe version, really.

[quote name='jmcc']There's not really one point where you can pick it up as forking from the anime. There's some similarities all throughout, but lots of differences, too. It's an alternate universe version, really.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Stories are pretty different, similar basic plots but other than that they are pretty different. Personally I think the manga's storyline flows much better and develops the otehr characters more, but I haven't seen the last 8 or 9 episodes of the show so I can't really say if it goes beyond it in terms of the basic plot. Also, I could be wrong but I think the show came second, so technically the show doesn't totally follow the manga.

Edit: Up until chapters 4 or 5 they are almost the same, so I'd start at 4.[/QUOTE]

Ok, Chapter 4 it is then. Oh, and stoptazmo.com doesn't work. :bomb:

[quote name='jaykrue']Ok, Chapter 4 it is then. Oh, and stoptazmo.com doesn't work. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

This is the second time it's gone down right after I linked to it. I wonder if I'm crashing it, somehow. Anyway, I don't know why you'd want to visit there. It's not like they have death note translations by chapter or something.

Naruto's been horrible ever since they've tried to kill time so that there is a bit of space between the manga and the anime. I stopped watching after naruto fights sasuke on that lake. That was an awesome ark - but I heard that it got really bad afterwords. Also been told it hasn't gotten better since then - so I'm waiting till it does.

Bleach...it's steady - has it's awesome moments.

Currently enjoying Gundam Seed Destiny...so awesome.

Eureka Seven as well.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Naruto's been horrible ever since they've tried to kill time so that there is a bit of space between the manga and the anime. I stopped watching after naruto fights sasuke on that lake. That was an awesome ark - but I heard that it got really bad afterwords. Also been told it hasn't gotten better since then - so I'm waiting till it does.

Eureka Seven as well.[/QUOTE]
Naruto has sucked lately but this new filler that just started with them trying to find a special bug is pretty decent, mainly because shino and hinata is in it. I suggest you watch 148-9 because if things end up the way i'd expect, the kakashi gaiden will follow after they wrap this filler up.

Yeah that's what I use as well, at least lately. And I agree things got really different after Greed came about, but the story of Tucker and how the boys became state alchemists had some pretty significant differences too (plus there some explanations about the roles od characters that played bigger roles in the show and aren't in the manga much).

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i dunno if u use stoptazmo is for FMA but if it is here is what I use

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/fullmetalalchemistmanga.msnw[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked that bad boy and will check it out later tonight.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Naruto's been horrible ever since they've tried to kill time so that there is a bit of space between the manga and the anime. I stopped watching after naruto fights sasuke on that lake. That was an awesome ark - but I heard that it got really bad afterwords. Also been told it hasn't gotten better since then - so I'm waiting till it does.

Eureka Seven as well.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could enjoy Gundam but I just can't for some reason. I think it's because the mech design is seemingly constant for each iteration of the series - Gundam Seed, Destiny, Endless Waltz. Yeah, they have different stories but I just can't get past the mechs.

Eureka 7 is pretty cool though... unfortunately the subbers seem to have gone into hibernation as I haven't seen any new episodes lately.

[quote name='jmcc']This is the second time it's gone down right after I linked to it. I wonder if I'm crashing it, somehow. Anyway, I don't know why you'd want to visit there. It's not like they have death note translations by chapter or something.[/QUOTE]

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: Need to find death note!~

[quote name='jaykrue']:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: Need to find death note!~[/QUOTE]

It will be back up within the day, I'm sure. Just check back at it later.

Wow...I just caught a promo that had Naruto in it for CN. And Naruto talked...And I'm not feeling it at all. It was only one line, but it was just....So meh.

[quote name='karsh']Wow...I just caught a promo that had Naruto in it for CN. And Naruto talked...And I'm not feeling it at all. It was only one line, but it was just....So meh.[/QUOTE]

So...fansub viewers aren't going to like the CN version? This is unexpected news, I must say.

[quote name='jmcc']So...fansub viewers aren't going to like the CN version? This is unexpected news, I must say.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but for the most part I'm looking forward to the dub. This first arc with Zabuza has some amazingly awesome voice actors doing "guest" spots, between Kirk Thornton doing Tazuna and Steve Blum doing Zabuza. Naruto just seemed to have no energy in the clip.

[quote name='karsh']Yeah, but for the most part I'm looking forward to the dub. This first arc with Zabuza has some amazingly awesome voice actors doing "guest" spots, between Kirk Thornton doing Tazuna and Steve Blum doing Zabuza. Naruto just seemed to have no energy in the clip.[/QUOTE]

maybe he was too busy being a scaredy cat

[quote name='LiquidNight']If you know how to use IRC, you can find it there easily[/QUOTE]

I know how to use IRC but I'm too lazy to set up a client right now. :lol:

I have a question about these Prince of Tennis episodes I have. I have a bunch of episodes from [a-o] and noticed that there's episodes 12, 13 and a 12-13 special episode. Is it noth episodes together or some special episode that goes with both episodes? It's slightly smaller in file size, at 188 MB's, then 12 and 13, at 195 MB's each.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have a question about these Prince of Tennis episodes I have. I have a bunch of episodes from [a-o] and noticed that there's episodes 12, 13 and a 12-13 special episode. Is it noth episodes together or some special episode that goes with both episodes? It's slightly smaller in file size, at 188 MB's, then 12 and 13, at 195 MB's each.[/QUOTE]

It's been so long since I've seen them - especially since AO didn't even finish the series.:bomb: Anyway, I think the 12-13 is gaiden story that involves the Seigaku regulars playing badminton so consider it a 12.5 episode.

[quote name='jaykrue']It's been so long since I've seen them - especially since AO didn't even finish the series.:bomb: Anyway, I think the 12-13 is gaiden story that involves the Seigaku regulars playing badminton so consider it a 12.5 episode.[/QUOTE]
Cool. What order should I watch them? 12, 13, then the 12-13 special?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cool. What order should I watch them? 12, 13, then the 12-13 special?[/QUOTE]

the special is really irrelevant truth be told. As it's a filler episode usually to transition into the next story arc, there isn't any revealing plot or storyline so you can watch it before or after 12 and 13. But it's supposed to take place chronologically between those episodes - hence episode 12.5

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, if you look at the recent threads, the only ones who seem to be contributing with frequency are Narutards and Bleach-heads (of which I am both) so OF COURSE the stuff we talk about are said subjects. The only exceptions seem to be Kirin Lemon and Miyazaki nut FriskyTanuki. If you or anyone else is sick of reading about Naruto/Bleach, please, this IS an anime thread so put your 2 cents in. I watch all kinds of anime and I've thrown out some of the stuff I watch (Ichigo Mashimaro, Bokusatsu Dokuru-chan, Kamichu!, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid just to name a few) but no one seems to be biting that much. A comment here, a post there - it's quite nonexistant for the most part. Again, if anyone's annoyed at reading about Naruto/Bleach all the time, contribute to the conversation then. I'm more than willing to discuss any and all anime (seen or otherwise).[/QUOTE]
I mention any anime I watch here to see if I can start up conversations on them, but no one is willing to talk about them or goes completely off tangent, looking at you jmcc. It's largely from the fact that this thread originally stared as a Naruto thread and branched off to Bleach in the second Naruto thread and then went completely open to any anime and we got Kirin and others that came in talk about what they're interested in, which is nice though it doesn't seem to get much further beyond them. :lol:

We go on Naruto and Bleach tangents when those shows' new eps. come out and nobody really seems to go off that tangent much. Don't just sit here and bitch about us not talking about other things, as you need to mention it and provide info and whatever so that those of us who haven't seen it can try it out and possibly start more conversations on that. If you're bitching, you're part of the "problem" as you have to do something and not sit on the sidelines and wish someone talks about Princess Tutu or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back