Bankai! Zutto Futari Wa Sannin No Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jaykrue']the special is really irrelevant truth be told. As it's a filler episode usually to transition into the next story arc, there isn't any revealing plot or storyline so you can watch it before or after 12 and 13. But it's supposed to take place chronologically between those episodes - hence episode 12.5[/QUOTE]
Ahh, I wasn't sure if the special episode dealt with both episodes in a way that I wouldn't know what was going on unless I had seen both episodes or not. :lol:

I'll probably watch a few of these episodes and then watch some of the Beck episodes I have on here. It's 26 episodes total, right? That's all I have, just wondering if there's anymore.

I could never get into PoT. Just wasn't the type of anime for me. The only thing that would make it worse is if they got in giant robots and played tennis between robots. Then I'd have to go on a rampage of destruction ;).

On another note, does anyone know of a good RM to AVI convertor that's free? I have a bunch of files that are RM, and I hate RM. Cause I may need this back up at college, where I lose BT, and need some way to get the newest Bleach and Naruto, which this website I found has, but in RM.

[quote name='karsh']I could never get into PoT. Just wasn't the type of anime for me. The only thing that would make it worse is if they got in giant robots and played tennis between robots. Then I'd have to go on a rampage of destruction ;).[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Robots ruin any anime they're in and just make it super boring. :lol: I'd love to see a GBA tennis game similar to Mario Tennis but with PoT, or maybe a 3D Virtua Tennis-like game for the consoles.

[quote name='karsh']I could never get into PoT. Just wasn't the type of anime for me. The only thing that would make it worse is if they got in giant robots and played tennis between robots. Then I'd have to go on a rampage of destruction ;).

On another note, does anyone know of a good RM to AVI convertor that's free? I have a bunch of files that are RM, and I hate RM. Cause I may need this back up at college, where I lose BT, and need some way to get the newest Bleach and Naruto, which this website I found has, but in RM.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. You might consider grabbing RealAlternative. If I MUST watch a rm file (which is rare), I'll watch it on RA. It's too much trouble for such a minimal payoff.

As for PoT, ya, it's not for everyone. What's even funnier to me is I hate tennis as a sport but I love PoT. Weird, huh?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Agreed. Robots ruin any anime they're in and just make it super boring. :lol: I'd love to see a GBA tennis game similar to Mario Tennis but with PoT, or maybe a 3D Virtua Tennis-like game for the consoles.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but there is! They're already on the 3rth or 4th iteration of PoT or as they call it Tennis No Oujisama. I've played it. ... (on emulator)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I mention any anime I watch here to see if I can start up conversations on them, but no one is willing to talk about them or goes completely off tangent, looking at you jmcc. It's largely from the fact that this thread originally stared as a Naruto thread and branched off to Bleach in the second Naruto thread and then went completely open to any anime and we got Kirin and others that came in talk about what they're interested in, which is nice though it doesn't seem to get much further beyond them. :lol:

We go on Naruto and Bleach tangents when those shows' new eps. come out and nobody really seems to go off that tangent much. Don't just sit here and bitch about us not talking about other things, as you need to mention it and provide info and whatever so that those of us who haven't seen it can try it out and possibly start more conversations on that. If you're bitching, you're part of the "problem" as you have to do something and not sit on the sidelines and wish someone talks about Princess Tutu or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Ok, your first paragraph is directed at jmcc but is the 2nd one directed at me? :whistle2:s I only ask because you quoted me and as such are replying to my post.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I mention any anime I watch here to see if I can start up conversations on them, but no one is willing to talk about them or goes completely off tangent, looking at you jmcc. It's largely from the fact that this thread originally stared as a Naruto thread and branched off to Bleach in the second Naruto thread and then went completely open to any anime and we got Kirin and others that came in talk about what they're interested in, which is nice though it doesn't seem to get much further beyond them. :lol:

We go on Naruto and Bleach tangents when those shows' new eps. come out and nobody really seems to go off that tangent much. Don't just sit here and bitch about us not talking about other things, as you need to mention it and provide info and whatever so that those of us who haven't seen it can try it out and possibly start more conversations on that. If you're bitching, you're part of the "problem" as you have to do something and not sit on the sidelines and wish someone talks about Princess Tutu or whatever.[/QUOTE]

When did I go on a tangent? On Pom Poko? Because that line about a baffling number of raccoon scrotums was taken from a review of it linked on Fark the other day. It was relevent...RELEVENT!!!

[quote name='jaykrue']Ok, your first paragraph is directed at jmcc but is the 2nd one directed at me? :whistle2:s I only ask because you quoted me and as such are replying to my post.[/QUOTE]
It's to everyone that is concerned with this "issue," but I liked your post so I quoted it. Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

[quote name='jmcc']When did I go on a tangent? On Pom Poko? Because that line about a baffling number of raccoon scrotums was taken from a review of it linked on Fark the other day. It was relevent...RELEVENT!!![/QUOTE]
No, that was pretty funny. I was mainly refering to when I mentioned that I don't think CB is the best anime ever and you then started calling me Mr. Wrong and saying that my opinions are wrong about everything. Just mentioning that one example as a reference.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, that was pretty funny. I was mainly refering to when I mentioned that I don't think CB is the best anime ever and you then started calling me Mr. Wrong and saying that my opinions are wrong about everything. Just mentioning that one example as a reference.[/QUOTE]

Wait, let's not re-write history here. You said SamCham was better than Bebop. What the best anime is had nothing to do with it. Further, what's tangental about that?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I know there are games in Japan. I want them here in English. :sad: I'd like to see the anime become popular if just to get games here, as I'm extremely jealous of those Japanese that get these games. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, it hasn't stopped you from picking up Naruto games so why stop now? ;) Besides, it's a sports game and the controls are really easy to pick up. I liked the GBA version and as soon as I'm not busy and/or lazy, I'll pick up a DS with this to boot.

[quote name='jmcc']Wait, let's not re-write history here. You said SamCham was better than Bebop. What the best anime is had nothing to do with it. Further, what's tangental about that?[/QUOTE]
You still misread what I said. I said I enjoyed it more, from about 12 episodes or so I've seen, than the whole shabang of CB. Enjoy =/= Better. Otherwise I'd be saying that Naruto 3 is the best game ever since I've been enjoying it greatly over the past few months when there's other games I think are better. I enjoy plenty of games that would technically be crappy.

I read the Jump Superstars tie-in manga a while ago, and oddly, I was reminded of the old NESter and Howard comics they used to run in Nintendo Power by it. I don't know why...

Edit: P.S.: Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo is pretty damn awesome.

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, it hasn't stopped you from picking up Naruto games so why stop now? ;) Besides, it's a sports game and the controls are really easy to pick up. I liked the GBA version and as soon as I'm not busy and/or lazy, I'll pick up a DS with this to boot.[/QUOTE]
I'm willing to get a rom of the japanese games, but I don't just walk into $60-$80 everyday so that I can grab any import I want. :lol: I'm a cheapass and that much money has to have a 150% chance of me enjoying it for me to spend that much money and keep my attention.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I gotta say I am freaking sick of it now... No offense to anyone here, but just look at these threads, it's like people can't not talk about Naruto or Bleach for more than 10 posts, and I've seen it more than once at a few boards where a simple or general anime thread becomes basically a Naruto thread. Add that with other elements like you said and it gets old kinda quick IMHO. I've only read some of the manga and watched like 2 episodes and already I've had my fill of it just from all the hype.

Edit: As for Jungle Guu, anime news network had a little news snipet on it monday or tuesday about a tentitive release schedule I think. I'll dig it up...

edit2: Make that Anime Nation I guess was the source[/QUOTE]

Sweet... I'll have money when it comes out!!!

I suppose I'm lucky in that I actually visit very few anime board/threads, so I cna still stomach Naruto, and have avoided Bleach almost entirely. I tend to watch less-popular anime, so it's easier for to track down a dedicated mailing list. The only 'big' thing I watch is Fullmetal Alchemist... and as much as I love it, I have to avoid the chats. I'm had more than enough spoilers given to me for it, I don't want any more. Ah well.

[quote name='jmcc']I read the Jump Superstars tie-in manga a while ago, and oddly, I was reminded of the old NESter and Howard comics they used to run in Nintendo Power by it. I don't know why...

Edit: P.S.: Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo is pretty damn awesome.[/QUOTE]
I've been trying to torrent Bobobo for a while, but every torrent I grab doesn't seem to work. You know of any places that will for sure have them for torrenting?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've been trying to torrent Bobobo for a while, but every torrent I grab doesn't seem to work. You know of any places that will for sure have them for torrenting?[/QUOTE]

Oh my no, but I should mention again, that stoptazmo.com is a great site. Not that that has anything to do with this discussion. Nope. Nothing.

Anyone know anything about Samurai Gun? I keep passing by it whenever I'm at Best Buy, and my mind goes: "You like samurais....you like guns...THIS MUST MAKE FOR AWESOMENESS!!!!", but I'm not sure how good it really is. It does look interesting, from what I've read.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh my no, but I should mention again, that stoptazmo.com is a great site. Not that that has anything to do with this discussion. Nope. Nothing.[/QUOTE]

Now that it's working, I wouldn't like to thank you and I definitely won't go and check out death note. And I really don't appreciate you helping me. :lol:

[quote name='karsh']Anyone know anything about Samurai Gun? I keep passing by it whenever I'm at Best Buy, and my mind goes: "You like samurais....you like guns...THIS MUST MAKE FOR AWESOMENESS!!!!", but I'm not sure how good it really is. It does look interesting, from what I've read.[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of it. Sounds like it has everything except monkeys. Monkeys make everything better.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh my no, but I should mention again, that stoptazmo.com is a great site. Not that that has anything to do with this discussion. Nope. Nothing.[/QUOTE]
Good I don't want you posting anything relating to any discussion that in anyway helps anyone in their pirating ways. I thank you for following that line of conduct. Off to some other...activity...of a questionable nature. ;) :lol:

:nottalking: :bow: :drool: :baby: :whistle2:--) :boxing: :argue: :censored: :whistle2:x :x :bomb: :puke: :shock: 8-[ :oops: :beer:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Sweet... I'll have money when it comes out!!!

I suppose I'm lucky in that I actually visit very few anime board/threads, so I cna still stomach Naruto, and have avoided Bleach almost entirely. I tend to watch less-popular anime, so it's easier for to track down a dedicated mailing list. The only 'big' thing I watch is Fullmetal Alchemist... and as much as I love it, I have to avoid the chats. I'm had more than enough spoilers given to me for it, I don't want any more. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Which anime would that be? I have bought some this year that few people seem to talk about like Here is Greenwood, Strawberry Eggs...

I like finding out about shows I may not have heard about. I found out about the two I mentioned above by sheer luck. Turns out that now they are two of my favorite shows now. Diamonds in the rough are all the rage IMO.

[quote name='jaykrue']I've never even heard of it. Sounds like it has everything except monkeys. Monkeys make everything better.[/QUOTE]

OOooohh...What if the main character, was really a monkey samurai. WITH GUNS! AND A GIANT ROBOT! Wait...I hate giant robots...They're always...so hard...to pilot...Make me hate myself and the world...fucking Shinji...BURN IN HELL!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Which anime would that be? I have bought some this year that few people seem to talk about like Here is Greenwood, Strawberry Eggs...

I like finding out about shows I may not have heard about. I found out about the two I mentioned above by sheer luck. Turns out that now they are two of my favorite shows now. Diamonds in the rough are all the rage IMO.[/QUOTE]

I My Me Strawberry Eggs is probably one of my more favorite obscure ones. Probably because the subject matter is 'stranger' than most, I think it turns ppl off an otherwise funny anime. Even Midori No Hibi was a bit too much for my friends to check out but I thought it was one of the funniest I'd ever seen.

[quote name='karsh']OOooohh...What if the main character, was really a monkey samurai. WITH GUNS! AND A GIANT ROBOT! Wait...I hate giant robots...They're always...so hard...to pilot...Make me hate myself and the world...fucking Shinji...BURN IN HELL![/QUOTE]

Hey, now, no need to go into flashbacks of NGE. I've had enough therapy to scrap that series from my mind and I don't want to pay for any more sessions.:lol:

[quote name='karsh']OOooohh...What if the main character, was really a monkey samurai. WITH GUNS! AND A GIANT ROBOT! Wait...I hate giant robots...They're always...so hard...to pilot...Make me hate myself and the world...fucking Shinji...BURN IN HELL![/QUOTE]
:shock: *backs away slowly*

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:shock: *backs away slowly*[/QUOTE]

LOL

These are the days I truly do think I have ADD

(On a side note, this is the kind of random conversations that can go on between my one friend and myself. Like the fact that it always appears as if driving a giant robot turns you into a whiny bitch who thinks everyone hates them...No...It'd be fun to drive a giant fucking robot!)

[quote name='jaykrue']I My Me Strawberry Eggs is probably one of my more favorite obscure ones. Probably because the subject matter is 'stranger' than most, I think it turns ppl off an otherwise funny anime. Even Midori No Hibi was a bit too much for my friends to check out but I thought it was one of the funniest I'd ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you reminded me that I need to add that to my DVD wish list!

That is what I love about animation in general IMO, you can explore subjects in ways that may prove difficult or too strange with live action.

[quote name='karsh']LOL

These are the days I truly do think I have ADD

(On a side note, this is the kind of random conversations that can go on between my one friend and myself. Like the fact that it always appears as if driving a giant robot turns you into a whiny bitch who thinks everyone hates them...No...It'd be fun to drive a giant fucking robot!)[/QUOTE]

I agree... as long as it doesn't shoot breast missiles. :lol: I'd be took busy :lol: to actually focus on fighting.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Thanks, you reminded me that I need to add that to my DVD wish list!

That is what I love about animation in general IMO, you can explore subjects in ways that may prove difficult or too strange with live action.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, especially since the Japanese are oh so very strange in their choice of topics. If you get a chance, check out Ebichu. It's like Hamtaro if done by a horny animator on PCP :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']I agree... as long as it doesn't shoot breast missiles. :lol: I'd be took busy :lol: to actually focus on fighting.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you that. I'll give you that... ;):lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']I agree... as long as it doesn't shoot breast missiles. :lol: I'd be took busy :lol: to actually focus on fighting.[/QUOTE]
barbobot3lf.jpg

What about Adrianne BarboBot with his D Cups...of justice? :lol: Though I don't think he had missiles in them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
barbobot.jpg

What about Adrianne BarboBot with his D Cups...of justice? :lol: Though I don't think he had missiles in them.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Ah ah ah! You shouldn't have been hotlinking. :lol::applause: You cock-lover!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think I just saw Cowboy Bebop Movie - Sept. 3 on the [adult swim] bump a second ago. Cool if true, as I haven't seen it yet.[/QUOTE]

Knocking on Heaven's Gate? Pretty good but it somehow didn't have the same 'feel' as the series. It was a bit... dark.

[quote name='jaykrue']Knocking on Heaven's Gate? Pretty good but it somehow didn't have the same 'feel' as the series. It was a bit... dark.[/QUOTE]

It's actually kncokin' on Heaven's Door, like the Dylan song. Anyhow I was once told that the reason it's not a light hearted as the series is it's supposed to take place before episode 23 and reflect Spike's more sober mood change near the end. However I don't know how truthful that claim is.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']It's actually kncokin' on Heaven's Door, like the Dylan song. Anyhow I was once told that the reason it's not a light hearted as the series is it's supposed to take place before episode 23 and reflect Spike's more sober mood change near the end. However I don't know how truthful that claim is.[/QUOTE]

:oops: Excuse my embarassment. But that's interesting to know. I always thought it was a stand-alone non-related movie (i.e. taking place outside the series' chronology).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:whistle2:s What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I guess it didn't show up for you but this is the image I got when I saw your post:

barbobotjpg0mi.gif

The 12-13 special wasn't really all that good, as it seemed like a recap show that just gave info on all of the good members of the team. Nothing that really warranted the show, though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The 12-13 special wasn't really all that good, as it seemed like a recap show that just gave info on all of the good members of the team. Nothing that really warranted the show, though.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, toldja, nothing special.:lol:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I think anyone who likes reading manga that has good action and story read Berserk, now![/QUOTE]
I like reading DBZ in manga form in SJ as a lot of the cells are just sound effects and movements, so it's a quicker read than the more wordy manga.

[quote name='jaykrue']:oops: Excuse my embarassment. But that's interesting to know. I always thought it was a stand-alone non-related movie (i.e. taking place outside the series' chronology).[/QUOTE]

Nope, it takes place between 22 and 23, and basicly plays out like 3-4 episodes. It is extremely dark, however it fits extremely well between those 2 episodes of the series, despite the fact that 2-3 years passed between them finishing the series and making the movie.

blah, that stupid website that isn't of questionable origin didn't shut down again. I wasn't getting Death Note at the time so of course there's no issue.

[quote name='jaykrue']You might as well grab the B-S or Hell-Fan sub to tide you over.[/QUOTE]

But it'll probably show up early tomorrow, and I wouldn't watch it tonight anyway. I'll have to consider that next week though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Which anime would that be? I have bought some this year that few people seem to talk about like Here is Greenwood, Strawberry Eggs...

I like finding out about shows I may not have heard about. I found out about the two I mentioned above by sheer luck. Turns out that now they are two of my favorite shows now. Diamonds in the rough are all the rage IMO.[/QUOTE]

Here is Greenwood is one of my long-time favorites. I STILL need to buy Strawberry Eggs- I'm waiting on a sale at Rightstuf for it.

Oh boy.... the 'what do you watch question'... I hate answering that, becuase it means I have to dig through 261 discs and rack my brain for old rentals and pick out the good stuff... *deep breath* OK-

Tsukikage Ran-
I mentioned this one before... it's a paraody of those old 'wandering samurai and sidekick' shows, flipping things around by making the leads female. Compared to other Samurai anime, it's fairly slow, but the story and the characters are pretty good. Plus it's damn cheap.

Kino's Journey-
This is a thinking anime, following a kid named Kino and his talking motorcycle (it makes sense within the show) and what they encounter as they travel around. Everything's set up in nice lil fable-ish, parable-ish chunks for your brain to knaw on. Example: While resting, Kino meets a tank who's looking for his master's murder, so he can kill him. When asked who he's looking for, the tank describes himself. Kino says he's seen no one matchng said description, and the tank moves on. (Now discuss. :) )

Risky Safety-
The story of a depressed girl named Moe who meets a Shinigami named Risky, who's come in her moment of agony to take her soul to hell. While chatting, she thinks something comforting and *poof!* Risky becomes Safety, an angel come to save her soul and make her happy. Turns out the two share a body, and switch based on whether the nearby folk are happy or sad. This is another one where the characters make the difference. Despite techincally being an angsty brat, I did care about what happened to Moe. And Risky's just funny.

Heroic Legend of Arislan-
The story's not-so-good. It's not even done. But the art, is, gorgeous. It's worth watching the whole things just to see it.

The Weathering Continent-
Same deal as Arislan. Same art style, actually.

Metal Skin Panic Madox 01-
Boy finds robot. Boy tries to pilot robot before reading manual. Boy gets stuck in robot and attacked by crazed tank driver while trying to get to his date on time. A fairly unqiue take on the mecha story. Love the bit with him trying to eat a bento box. Robot claws don't work chopsticks so good.

BAOH-
Mutant boy runs from lab, makes much bloodiness. I dunno why I like this so much. I just do.

Interstella 5555: 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem-
Ever see those Daft Punk videos By Leiji Masumoto? This is the whole story. Good is you like Daft Punk and/or Rock Operas. (Did I spell the director's name right?)

Silent Service-
Hunt for Red October, the Anime. Basically.

Area 88-
The original OAV, not the new TV series. Guy gets tricked into joining a mercenary army and is trying to get out alive, with his soul intact, and back to his girlfriend. The characters are better in the OAV... the TV anime made shopkeep McCoy out as a humanitarian helping the soliders. I much prefer him being a bastard in the anime. I will admit, I haven't seen much of this one, though- only volume 1 made it to DVD. Which sucks, cuz the vids are a bit rare and kind of pricey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back