Bard's Tale (PC) $? - 9/9 - Today's Overstock.com Deal of the Day

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (100%)
Overstock.com Deal of the Day page

Today's Deals:
Note: Prices in yellow have the potential to drop further during the day. No guarantees, though.

Bard's Tale - PC
Price: $?

[quote name='dbz4ever']$10 off $99 Coupon (Ends 09/15) 12% off any order Coupon (New Customers) (Ends 09/30) 10% off any order Coupon (Ends 09/30) $35 off $300 (Ends 09/30)[/QUOTE]

Every day, Overstock.com posts a deal in games, books, movies, and music. Some days, it's a small discount on unpopular items, but often, it's a great deal on a great game.

The deals are posted in the morning but the prices often are not updated until later in the afternoon. If a discount seems low, check back an hour or two later and it may have gone down more.

I will update the thread with the items that are on sale each day in the morning, and if/when the prices drop further, I will update again.

Old thread

Previous Deals of the Day
7/12 - Final Fantasy Origins - PS1 - $12
7/13 - Xenogears - PS1 - $12
7/14 - Crash Bandicoot - PS1 - $9
7/17 - FIFA World Cup 2006 - 360 - $40
7/18 - Arsenal Universal Controller Extension Cable - $5.99
7/19 - Atari Flashback 2.0 - $25
7/20 - The Rock - UMD - $12
7/21 - An American Tail: Fievel's Gold Rush - GBA - $10
7/25 - Arsenal Universal Controller Extension Cable - $5.99
7/26 - ??? started as Atari Flashback again, but I saw it changed to a game at like 11 PM
7/27 - Hip PS2 Controller - $5
7/28 - Chaos Legion - PS2 - $10
7/31 - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - PS2 - $5
8/1 - Tekken 5 - PS2 - $15
8/2 -
8/3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2 - $12
8/4 - Fight Night Round 3 - PS2 - $34
8/7 - X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse - PS2 - $15
8/8 - Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade - PSP - $12
8/9 - Namco Museum Battle Collection - PSP - $34
8/10 - Crash Tag Team Racing - PSP - $30
8/11 - FIFA Street 2 - PSP - $20
8/14 - Bust A Move Deluxe - PSP - $30
8/15 - Journey - Live in Houston 1981: Escape Tour - UMD - $12
8/21 - Baby Boy - UMD - $10
8/22 - Xevious - GBA - $5
8/23 - Dead to Rights - XBOX - $8
8/24 - Gun Griffon: Allied Strike - XBOX - $12
8/28 - Men of Valor - XBOX - $4
8/29 - Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects - GCN - $10
8/30 - Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge - GCN - $5
8/31 - FIFA Street 2 - GCN - $12
9/1 - WWE: Day of Reckoning 2 - GCN - $8
9/2 - Time Splitters: Future Perfect - GCN - $5
9/4 - Major League Baseball 2k6 - GCN - $30

The Xeno series is my favorite series of games, as far as RPG's go, hands down

If you do not have Xenogears or Xenosaga, I suggest you get both IMMEDIATELY. If Amazon offers free shipping on orders over $25, use the coupon and get both at $25 shipped.

I definitely prefer Saga to Gears, but they are both equal, INCREDIBLE stories, beautiful art, and wonderful characters, with a very solid game engine to back it all up.

If you dislike story based games, please do not waste your time. I won't lie, in Xenogears you have to be ready to read just as much as you would in a good novel. And with Xenosaga you are in for long story sequences in between dungeons and boss fights.

However, if you enjoy

Turn based battling

Long narratives

Anime or sci fi in general

Instrumental music

Philosophical, religious, and scientific overtones

Or all of the above

There is no reason why you should not have both games

Xenogears has a very fleshed out, complex male lead, Xenosaga has a very strong, likeable female lead, the supporting characters in both games are equally engaging..and some of the characters overlap = )

Anyone who says the games are NOT connected has to be kidding themselves, there were enough references and story elements in Episode One alone to prove it, and episode three should make it even more obvious

While some people would say Saga has no gameplay, I have clocked in 80 hours total in the game, that is getting every item, beating all optional bosses, completing the segment files and data bases, playing all the mini games, and leveling up a bit. The battle engine in Saga is second to none, if you UNDERSTAND it and use it to its FULL POTENTIAL, that means boosting non stop, cancelling turns, and dishing out massive damage with tech attacks [if you develop them right]

As for Xenogears, it has more gameplay than most RPG's, and it's good gameplay, really good gameplay

I could gush hours about both..I really could

One hint though, if you play Saga, this is your party: Shion, Momo, Kosmos, I don't care what you say, Momo is the strongest character in the game, Kosmos is the second strongest, and Shion is a very good balance of both. Ziggy is SLOW, Jr is annoying and WEAK in everything except one tech attack, and Chaos is a male Shion with weak healing and lacking Shion's techs.

Ah, I have to stop now.,

Awesome breakdown sarausagi, the Xeno games are also my favorite RPG series, for all the reasons you mentioned. :D

Awesome series! I highly, highly recommend it.

[quote name='wbc1228']you can play it on the PS2
BUT
you can't save a PS1 game using a PS2 memory card.
(Xenogears = PS1 game)[/QUOTE]

While you can't directly save/load ps1 games on a ps2, you can store your ps1 saves on a ps2. Its quite handy since the ps2 mem card is so much bigger, you only need 1 ps1 mem card and you can keep storing the saves your not currently using on your ps2 card.

[quote name='Alien Spider']Awesome breakdown sarausagi, the Xeno games are also my favorite RPG series, for all the reasons you mentioned. :D

Awesome series! I highly, highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I loved Xenogears (probably my favorite RPG of all time).
I thought Xenosaga was pretty good.
BUT
I hated Xenosaga II.
It was probably the most disappointing game I have ever played in my life. One of the main issue was with the combat system. It drags. Even battles with normal enemies took forever (and yes, I knew how the combat system works). The game was also way too short (under 30 hours, half the length of Xenogears) and the story line was disappointing, probably because it didn't focus too much on the characters I liked (Shion and KOS-MOS).
Hopefully, Xenosaga III will wrap up the series nicely.

[quote name='radjago']I can't imagine how Shooter Space Shot sold out so quickly.[/QUOTE]

And it was under 4 dollars on the same site earlier in the week...

[quote name='wbc1228']I loved Xenogears (probably my favorite RPG of all time).
I thought Xenosaga was pretty good.
BUT
I hated Xenosaga II.
It was probably the most disappointing game I have ever played in my life. One of the main issue was with the combat system. It drags. Even battles with normal enemies took forever (and yes, I knew how the combat system works). The game was also way too short (under 30 hours, half the length of Xenogears) and the story line was disappointing, probably because it didn't focus too much on the characters I liked (Shion and KOS-MOS).
Hopefully, Xenosaga III will wrap up the series nicely.[/QUOTE]

Oh my God, I am SO with you, I HATED Xenosaga Episode II...

1. PUZZLES, god, I hated those PUZZLES. If I wanted PUZZLES, I'd play Zelda, I don't like PUZZLES, so I don't play Zelda.

2. Combat system was ruined, all the tech attacks were gone, the enemies got WAAAY too many counter boosts, and ether became a joke

3. Stat system was ruined, they took out all the control and turned it into a simplified sphere grid

4. Double techs were cool, but pointless, if you didn't do GS quest, you couldn't get them all [I didn't do GS quest, just didn't care at all]

5. The story focused on Jr and Albedo only, a little Momo, but that's all, I hated it, some parts were cool but even the ENDING was about Jr. The people who like Jr don't really like Xenosaga to begin with....2 should have never been about Jr.

But III seems to be fixing it all, I haven't seen one screen shot of Jr, I know he's there, but it seems to focus entirely on Kos-Mos-Te-los and Shion/Allen/Kevin. Plus the battle system seems just perfect, GS quest seems to be gone, Xenodata base is back, and the graphics are a perfect blend of I and II.

If only we got DS I and II here, it's the reason I want a DS, I and II seems to be a great retelling of both episodes, the battle system looks more like Gears....

Hey did anyone else order xenogears when it was deal of the day and recieved it? Because I checked my track order on overstock and it wasn't found on usps. are they usually slow on delivering? Thanks for your help in advance.

What's weird is when I bought Xenogears for the overstock deal, it had the neatly folded plastic wrap which shows its a brand new game. But there is no manufacturer sticker on the CD. Is this normal? I heard they stopped putting the stickers on, but I just wanted to be sure.

Not sure if this is a deal or not.. the discounts seem relatively low, but I was under the impression they didn't do weekend deals.. I'll post it up anyway.

I really hope they put up a good deal again soon. I think they spoiled us a few weeks ago with TimeSplitters/Final Fantasy/Xenogears all right in a row..

Doubt it. If they're selling 6 year old PSX games for $12, I can't see them going too much lower on a relatively recent PS2 game.

[quote name='radjago']8/3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (GH) - PS2[/quote]

LOL....69 cents cheaper....:lol:

bread's done
Back