Bard's Tale (PC) $? - 9/9 - Today's Overstock.com Deal of the Day

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (100%)
Overstock.com Deal of the Day page

Today's Deals:
Note: Prices in yellow have the potential to drop further during the day. No guarantees, though.

Bard's Tale - PC
Price: $?

[quote name='dbz4ever']$10 off $99 Coupon (Ends 09/15) 12% off any order Coupon (New Customers) (Ends 09/30) 10% off any order Coupon (Ends 09/30) $35 off $300 (Ends 09/30)[/QUOTE]

Every day, Overstock.com posts a deal in games, books, movies, and music. Some days, it's a small discount on unpopular items, but often, it's a great deal on a great game.

The deals are posted in the morning but the prices often are not updated until later in the afternoon. If a discount seems low, check back an hour or two later and it may have gone down more.

I will update the thread with the items that are on sale each day in the morning, and if/when the prices drop further, I will update again.

Old thread

Previous Deals of the Day
7/12 - Final Fantasy Origins - PS1 - $12
7/13 - Xenogears - PS1 - $12
7/14 - Crash Bandicoot - PS1 - $9
7/17 - FIFA World Cup 2006 - 360 - $40
7/18 - Arsenal Universal Controller Extension Cable - $5.99
7/19 - Atari Flashback 2.0 - $25
7/20 - The Rock - UMD - $12
7/21 - An American Tail: Fievel's Gold Rush - GBA - $10
7/25 - Arsenal Universal Controller Extension Cable - $5.99
7/26 - ??? started as Atari Flashback again, but I saw it changed to a game at like 11 PM
7/27 - Hip PS2 Controller - $5
7/28 - Chaos Legion - PS2 - $10
7/31 - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - PS2 - $5
8/1 - Tekken 5 - PS2 - $15
8/2 -
8/3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2 - $12
8/4 - Fight Night Round 3 - PS2 - $34
8/7 - X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse - PS2 - $15
8/8 - Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade - PSP - $12
8/9 - Namco Museum Battle Collection - PSP - $34
8/10 - Crash Tag Team Racing - PSP - $30
8/11 - FIFA Street 2 - PSP - $20
8/14 - Bust A Move Deluxe - PSP - $30
8/15 - Journey - Live in Houston 1981: Escape Tour - UMD - $12
8/21 - Baby Boy - UMD - $10
8/22 - Xevious - GBA - $5
8/23 - Dead to Rights - XBOX - $8
8/24 - Gun Griffon: Allied Strike - XBOX - $12
8/28 - Men of Valor - XBOX - $4
8/29 - Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects - GCN - $10
8/30 - Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge - GCN - $5
8/31 - FIFA Street 2 - GCN - $12
9/1 - WWE: Day of Reckoning 2 - GCN - $8
9/2 - Time Splitters: Future Perfect - GCN - $5
9/4 - Major League Baseball 2k6 - GCN - $30

Men of Valor's a pretty good game. I paid $7 for it used at Blockbuster back in april and I thought it was done better than the last two Medal of Honor games.

Finally, they're having deals on some GameCube games! Hopefully they'll put up a deal that I'm actually interested in for tomorrow. I watched my old manager at GaemStop play Marvel Nemesis once.. it was pretty bad.

Regardless of it's quality at $17.95, it IS going to drop again later.

Not to say it's gonna be worth whatever price it drops to.. but still..

And by later, I meant right before I made this post. $10. Not too bad.

[quote name='javeryh']Yikes... Marvel Nemesis isn't even something I'd take for free (although I've only played the PSP version)...[/QUOTE]
PSP one sucks balls, so does the DS one. I think the console ones are atleast suppose to be fairly entertaining.

I picked it up. At $10.20 and as an Iron Man fan (see the avatar), I couldn't help it.

Decided to grab a second copy too...someone's birthday soon, so this will come in handy.

Ha! Insomnia kept me up long enough to beat radjago to the punch. WWE: Day of Reckoning 2 for GameCube - $??

No offense, rad, I appreciate what you do :p

WWE: DoR2's $8. Wow, I don't think I can pass that up.

Pity I missed Marvel Nemesis for the Cube. For that price, good stupidly awesome fun.

EDIT: Pulled the trigger and grabbed a $1 Jampack while I was there. The checkout screen said "only 10 left" of WWE: DoR2.

can't get any of these overstock 12% or 10% deals to work. even the new ones that aren't expired. i click on them and i see that it's been added, but when i get to the check out nothing is applied. every now and then one of the $5 off ones will stick but nothing else? anyone have any advice or have had trouble with this? i even cleared all my cache and history and started a whole new account but nothing. i'm really itching to buy a 360.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Holy moly! GC - Timesplitters Future Perfect: $5![/quote]

Haha, you beat me to it. =P

[quote name='trip1eX']TS for GC for $5. That's a nice deal. I ordered me up a copy.[/QUOTE]

I did too. Thanks for the great thread.

Some may laugh at me, but... I did it out of principle.
Make a new account, use the 12 percent coupon that DBZ4ever kindly provided and add this mailer to the account.
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=990496
This enables both the coupon to work and the dollar shipping deal they have going for this weekend (video games are excluded from both)
Total savings? 11 cents. But you get a free padded envelope.
EDIT: Whoops. 71 cents saved, not 11.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Some may laugh at me, but... I did it out of principle.
Make a new account, use the 12 percent coupon that DBZ4ever kindly provided and add this mailer to the account.
This enables both the coupon to work and the dollar shipping deal they have going for this weekend (video games are excluded from both)
Total savings? 11 cents. But you get a free padded envelope.[/quote]

If you think 11 cents worths more than the time you spent making the new account, then you've saved some money, good for you, buddy.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Some may laugh at me, but... I did it out of principle.
Total savings? 11 cents. But you get a free padded envelope.[/quote]

Cheap Ass Gamer at its finest right there! :applause:

I recently picked up TS: FP for PS2 for $4.96 or thereabouts. I can still return it if, since I picked it up a couple weeks ago and it remains unopened. Do I need the GC version, does it offer anything better than the PS2 version?

The PS2 version is perfectly functional, and it includes online MP (Which is a dubious benefit at best, but meh.).

I do not know if the GC version loads faster.

[quote name='dbz4ever']If you think 11 cents worths more than the time you spent making the new account, then you've saved some money, good for you, buddy.[/QUOTE]
Jeez man. You get a free padded envelope, which works for me since I trade on the site. Creating a new account barely takes any amount of time. It's just fun to find ways to make a deal, even slightly, better.
No need to be a dick.

Whoops. Looks like my math is a bit off. You end up saving .71 cents and get a free padded mailer. It's a bit more worth to do, didn't mind at all getting the game shipped for under 6.00 dollars.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Jeez man. You get a free padded envelope, which works for me since I trade on the site. Creating a new account barely takes any amount of time. It's just fun to find ways to make a deal, even slightly, better.
No need to be a dick.[/quote]

How am I a dick, even though I may have one? I am just congratulating you on saving money as a fellow CAG. You read into things too much.

[quote name='animemaniac14']isn't there a coupon for free shipping from overstock.com somewhere?! sorry if this has already been answered...[/quote]

I haven't found one in other deals websites, it'll be awesome if you can find one. But for those who bought the games already, they might kick themselves or hate you if you find a free shipping coupon, lol

P.S: Fullmetal Alchemist is freaking awesome. You should catch the movie also, but only after you've finished with the anime series since the time of the movie is set after the end of series.

The deal is still on for TS, and surprisingly not sold out yet. I wonder if there aren't many GC players out there or something wrong with the GC version.

[quote name='dbz4ever']The deal is still on for TS, and surprisingly not sold out yet. I wonder if there aren't many GC players out there or something wrong with the GC version.[/QUOTE]

The only difference I know of is the lack of online multiplayer. I took advantage of this deal since I have TS 2 on GCN, and I don't really like buying sequels spread across multiple systems.

[quote name='dbz4ever']How am I a dick, even though I may have one? I am just congratulating you on saving money as a fellow CAG. You read into things too much.[/QUOTE]
Your previous post dripped with sarcasm. =p

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Your previous post dripped with sarcasm. =p[/quote]

Sarcasm??? I tell it like it is, sarcasm causes confusion and misunderstanding, the world doesn't need more sarcasm, keep it real, people. You're going to drive yourself crazy to look for sarcasm in every sentence.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Sarcasm??? I tell it like it is, sarcasm causes confusion and misunderstanding, the world doesn't need more sarcasm, keep it real, people. You're going to drive yourself crazy to look for sarcasm in every sentence.[/QUOTE]
I don't look for sarcasm in every sentence. It just happens your sentence had it.

Thanks, I picked up a copy as well (used the bubble mailer to get 10% off and $1 shipping, saved 60 cents, woo!). $5.80 for a game and a bubble mailer isn't bad and I figure if it blows I can trade it in to GS with the trade 3 get $10 and at least break even.

[quote name='SpazX']Thanks, I picked up a copy as well (used the bubble mailer to get 10% off and $1 shipping, saved 60 cents, woo!). $5.80 for a game and a bubble mailer isn't bad and I figure if it blows I can trade it in to GS with the trade 3 get $10 and at least break even.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, someone else used it. =D

bread's done
Back