Batman Arkham Asylum - Gen. Discussion & Info

Just beat the game today, fantastic. I was a little disappointed in the last boss fight, but eh, whatever. I want a sequel now.

A lot of people are disappointed with the last boss fight but you have to admit, it has the greatest finishing move of all time.

this shit is fucking my head up! When it said
"use middle stick to dodge jokers gun fire"
i seriously looked down at my controller and said
"there is no middle stick"

Just got my platinum trophy for this game (PS3 thread is dead) and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. This and Infamous are the most recent games that I have been dedicated to playing through to the finish once I start. Started on Hard, so I didn't have to play through a second time, the challenge rooms were great fun, even if some of the combat ones frustrated me. I've restarted them after taking a punch so many times, I never want to hear the joker say "Welcome to the main event!" ever again.

Took me exactly one week to get the platinum. Have it rented from Blockbuster w/ a free coupon, so everyone works out great!

[quote name='Malik112099']this shit is fucking my head up! When it said
"use middle stick to dodge jokers gun fire"
i seriously looked down at my controller and said
"there is no middle stick"
[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad.
I actually thought my TV had broken at the beginning of that sequence.

[quote name='Magus8472']Don't feel too bad.
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I was pissed. I thought my Xbox was gonna RROD again on me.

[quote name='epb']Oh man, I was pissed. I thought my Xbox was gonna RROD again on me.[/QUOTE]

Yep! I immediatley looked at my xbox too! Thought I was gonna get the E74 error again!

I have to say that this is probably the best superhero based game I have played.

I really felt immersed in the world and the environments were incredible. The only thing I can nitpick on is the way Detective mode was implemented. I probably spent 90% of the game in that mode and I feel like I missed out somewhat because I was looking at blue rooms and skeletons almost the entire game. Maybe the detective mode can be refined for any sequels to give heat signatures for bad guys while still viewing the scenery normally. Other than that, I loved the game. I'd give it a 9/10.

[/QUOTE]

LOL dude
when that happened i thought my xbox was fuckin up, im like no nooo what the hell now. they got me good with that, i was ready to restart.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have to say that this is probably the best superhero based game I have played.

I really felt immersed in the world and the environments were incredible. The only thing I can nitpick on is the way Detective mode was implemented. I probably spent 90% of the game in that mode and I feel like I missed out somewhat because I was looking at blue rooms and skeletons almost the entire game. Maybe the detective mode can be refined for any sequels to give heat signatures for bad guys while still viewing the scenery normally. Other than that, I loved the game. I'd give it a 9/10.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement. I was in detective mode all the time so I didn't see half the pretty backgrounds.

Then again they all the inmates are ugly and seeing them as just blue isn't so bad...

[quote name='TruVisionary']A lot of people are disappointed with the last boss fight but you have to admit, it has the greatest finishing move of all time.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I thought, "oh no way is he going to do that.....OMFG HE TOTALLY DID!!!!!"

[quote name='sublime90']Free DLC in 9 days. did you guys also see theres 3 different endings. i have no idea how to get them but check it out if you want http://www.1up.com/boards/posts/list/360/36310.page i got
banes
[/QUOTE]

Damn! Wish I could have kept it instead of sending it back to Gamefly. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure it's random. At least from what I've heard. I also got
Bane.

I heard the endings were based on completion percentage. I had all the riddles done, greatest mystery solved, and a few medals in the challenge rooms and got
Scarecrow's hand on the crate of Titan

Just broke the top 1000 in the leaderboards on Sewer Bat (EXTREME)!!!! Got like 71000 points or something. Last I checked, I was 881 or close to that.

[/QUOTE]
I was looking for the RROD, then I remembered I was playing it on PS3.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']
I was looking for the RROD, then I remembered I was playing it on PS3.
[/QUOTE]

hahaha! i would have prolly done the same thing!

Save file corrupted, which sucks as I was pretty damn near the end of the game. Owell seemed like a finely developed game.

[quote name='homeland']Save file corrupted, which sucks as I was pretty damn near the end of the game. Owell seemed like a finely developed game.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I had got my save for Legends Of Wrestlemania corrupted when I upgraded to the new Dashboard Beta but luckily I had already got my 1000 gamerscore (one of the few for me as this game was real easy) but I did lose all 30 of my created wrestlers, movesets and entrances which is a pain to have to try and recreate. You would think that in this age of Hard Drive run systems, that they would make it easier to make a backup of your saves on your drive just in case anything happens. It is not like the saves are really big and would take up that much space. I am still looking into some of the Memory Card alternatives as someone posted about this one

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/XB360-MAX-Memory-2GB___EF000777.aspx

and it looks good as I just want to be able to transfer the save files to my PC or burn to a CD for safe keeping.

Damn I'm addicted to this now, I finished it over the weekend, and did the 240 riddles. I was just going to do the challenges for a bit, then saw that all i needed to get 1000/1000 and spent 8 hours over the last 2 days trying to do the combat challenges.

The last 2 are really kicking my butt, I don't see how you can kill all those guys in 1 min with those stupid stun guns and knives screwing with my combo.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I only have 171 riddles finished. I guess I'll try to go back and get the rest.[/QUOTE]

thats what im doing right now, i found 204 so far, im actually having fun finding the rest. after that im seriously considering replaying on hard mode. i really had tons of fun playing the story

EDIT-
awww yeah i just found all the riddles that was pretty cool. im only missing the very last Spirit of Arkham piece, its not labeled on the map anywhere but i have a feeling where i might find it. then im gonna waste some time doing the challenge stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChernobylCow']Any guesses as to what kind of price drops we might see on this game going into October? November?[/QUOTE]

If the game is selling like the blockbuster it is, you probably won't see a price decrease until December, if then. While it won't hold value as long as Halo 3 or the COD games, it should for a while.

[quote name='Denbo32']
The last 2 are really kicking my butt, I don't see how you can kill all those guys in 1 min with those stupid stun guns and knives screwing with my combo.[/QUOTE]

Combat challenges became infinitely easier for me once I started using the batarang and batclaw in my combos, also you can use the Y+B takedown to get rid of the annoying guys quickly

[quote name='GuilewasNK']If the game is selling like the blockbuster it is, you probably won't see a price decrease until December, if then. While it won't hold value as long as Halo 3 or the COD games, it should for a while.[/QUOTE]

He may be able to possibly get a deal on it during one of the Black Friday sales, but other than that, you'll probably wait have to wait awhile.

[quote name='fizzywix']Combat challenges became infinitely easier for me once I started using the batarang and batclaw in my combos, also you can use the Y+B takedown to get rid of the annoying guys quickly[/QUOTE]

I finally finished the last challenge, I actually did the Shock and Awe twice, the first time my score was only 28k :( which bothered me since I normally get 30k before round 4 even starts.

The 2nd time I barely got 31k but i finished both with 10 seconds left.

I'm just glad I got it done, I got 2 predator left to do, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take that long.

I found a used copy at GS the other day and finally picked it up. Now I'm mad that I didn't pick it up sooner. I just love this game. The story is interesting and the game play is fun as hell. I have a hard time taking the disc out to play Beatles RB.

All I can say is keep plugging away at those combat challenges. When I first tried them, I really thought there was zero way I could actually come close to achieving all the medals. But the more you play, the more instinctual everything becomes. If you play the story on hard, that really helps, too, because you'll get use to looking for the thugs' movement towards you, rather than waiting for the "sense" icon to pop up.

I almost bought this game yesterday, but when I was told it had no replay value made me highly question if I should just wait to rent it at the store instead.

Comments, suggestions?

Yeah, I definitely think this has a decent amount of replay value, especially if you're a Batman fan. Even if you aren't, playing the challenges and trying to get a higher score is still fun.

Dude, I have never really been a batman fan, except for appreciating the new movies for the darker take on the gotham universe, but this game got me so hyped, that I am now completely obsessed with batman. Tonight, I'm planning on watching both new movies, and then playing this game til I have to leave for church!

Beat the game last night w/100% riddles found and the extra tombstone thing. No FAQs help. Loved every minute of it. Best game I have played this year. Had to play the end a few times to beat it though and felt I got robbed a few times.

I was able to rent this thanks to Hollywood Video yesterday. So far the gameplay is awesome, I like the storyline but I don't quite understand how to string combo's and do different attacks.

If anyone wants to let me know how far along I am I would appreciate it. I'm
following the Wardens DNA to find him.

So I'm still in the beginning half of the game? Also any ideas or suggestions why its so hard to string the attacking and do different ones?

It's not really. I'm gonna sound philosophical here, but learn to know when enemies are going to attack, rather than waiting for the sign to appear. Also, upgrade to the special combo moves, and use them to takeout the people with knives/stun batons first.

sigh. i have the ce sitting on my dresser and im debating whether its worth keeping it now that I can go grab a used copy of the game for $35 (if i use the 25% off coupon at GS). thoughts?

[quote name='perdition(troy']sigh. i have the ce sitting on my dresser and im debating whether its worth keeping it now that I can go grab a used copy of the game for $35 (if i use the 25% off coupon at GS). thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda in the same boat. My wife bought me a copy of the regular version and it's still sitting there unopened, and I'm debating on returning it for store credit to pick up:

-Uncharted 2
-Fallout 3 GOTY
-LBP GOTY

The reviews sound great and it looks fabulous, but for some reason I'm on the fence about exchanging it for one of those other three. I just finished MUA2, so I'm still in a super hero kick...but I really want to finish Uncharted and I'm liking what I've read/seen on Uncharted 2.

Exactly why I'm on the fence. There are so many games I have/am looking forward to in the near future that I don't know if I want to keep this game. The reviews are great, but I really haven't heard a thing about how "great" the ce is or anything like that (especially since if I bring it back thats another 99.99 towards other games). Figured I'd try to get some opinions before I made my choice.

I rented the game and beat it in less than a week, great story but definitely a rental unless you are a hardcore fan.

[quote name='seen']I rented the game and beat it in less than a week, great story but definitely a rental unless you are a hardcore fan.[/QUOTE]

Eh, that's what I'm worried about. Still haven't opened my copy yet.

Fallout 3 GOTY is very tempting, I'm just afraid I'll never finish it.

I'll download the LBP demo to see what that's all about.

Even that upcoming Manga Carta game is looking pretty promising.

bread's done
Back