Batman Arkham City:Last DLC, GOTY, Red Hood/Hush next villan's, Batmobile

4czmN.png

I haven't followed Batman since the animated series, but who the heck is that second one from the left.

[quote name='Average Gamer']
4czmN.png

I haven't followed Batman since the animated series, but who the heck is that second one from the left.[/QUOTE]

Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns duh

LOL why is the 2nd batman so chubby? duke needs to layoff the donuts
Also I don't like Talia as a blondie, black hair and green suit >>>

[quote name='4thHorseman']Don't know how I feel about the Batman Beyond look[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']I really don't like the Beyond outfit though. It doesn't look right on Bruce but being able to use the features would be sweet.[/QUOTE]
I like the batman beyond one for 2 reasons, in the 1st episode of the Batman Beyond when bruce had the suit on you could really see how much bigger he was compared to Terry in the suit. Although, god damn he's cut looking like big poppa pump LOL don't think Bruce Wayne was using HGH. And in the cartoon Terry had "black hole mouth" which wouldn't make sense since you could just shoot him there if it was exposed.

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...9QEwBA&usg=AFQjCNHBWUyysgawyMv2KPFDLWPyFHl7mA
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...twIwBg&usg=AFQjCNGvueASoEabUNwmRDKVoXuIVKnPPA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...1rGSAg&usg=AFQjCNHMBknnBzH-FHZ9DR-0q0rhzTNfGg

Seeing the TAS Batman made me think of something that would be incredibly awesome... what if they included skins for all associated characters based on all the different series?

Basically, in addition to TAS Batman, have TAS Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Clayface (you know he's gonna be a surprise character in the game), Twoface, Scarface, etc.

Of course, not every character showed up in every iteration so.. it would be kinda hard to figure out what to do without character models (maybe make their own, like they did with adapting Bruce for Beyond?).

So excited for this game now only if they can take this formula & provide a worthy Punisher game. Wouldn't mind a Superman one too.

Robin pics added
this game is gonna be so great if only they released it during the dry game season so it's sales would've really cornered the market.

[quote name='Enuf']Robin pics added
this game is gonna be so great if only they released it during the dry game season so it's sales would've really cornered the market.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll matter... it made sense for the last game because it was a new IP but now, the series is very popular and has already sold millions of copies.

BTW, I'm amazed by how many different special editions and DLC there is for this game. I'm kinda feeling it's getting whored out.

Oh, no doubt it'll sell but when a company really puts it down I want them to get their due. If it had came out shortly after LA Noire there would've been no competition for months & by yrs end $35-$40 sales would propel it well over 2.75-3 mil sold by Jan.

Plus, I wouldn't have to wait as long to play it :lol:

If you have an Xbox 360, check out the Inside Xbox video from Gamescom. I swear the one representative they interview says "Co-op Bane fight."

Is that new? I thought they took out cooperative play?

This and Ratchet on the same day. The gaming gods are not smiling down on me. Oh well, I don't need to buy both immediately.

Now it all comes down to which one I want more.

I'm pretty confident this game will be more like Spider-Man 2 with Batman than Arkham Asylum, at least from a flow perspective.

This is my most anticipated game of the year. Having to wait 12 more day is driving me mad. Mad as a hatter!!!!

Early review blurb on Metacritic. It sounds sublime.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/batman-arkham-city/critic-reviews

Playstation Official Magazine Australia - Oct 4, 2011 - Rating: 100/100
Just so there's no confusion, let's state it plain: Batman: Arkham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop. Batman: Arkham City takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive, more mature. In our view it brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic, movie, or television show before it ... To say it one last time: this is what it means to be Batman. And when it comes down to it, who the hell doesn't want to be Batman? [Nov 2011, p.62]

[quote name='Havok83'] anyone have a breakdown of what each retailer in the US will be offering?[/QUOTE]

Second this, I can only find stupid posts about what european retailers are offering.

I'm just bored enough on my graveyard shift to scrounge for what the US Pre-orders offer so far:

icongs_r1.gif

Joker Carnival Challenge Map
Digital copy of Batman: Gotham Knight
Batman Animated Series Suit (PowerUp Rewards Member Exclusive)

iconamazon.gif

$10 Credit
Batman Arkham City Comic

iconwalmart_r3.gif

$10 Credit
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition

iconbestbuy.gif

Exclusive Robin Playable Character

icontarget.gif

$5 Target Gift Card

Also, this thread may be one to watch to see if stuff is added before release.

Toys R Us was supposed to be offering a Caped Crusader repaint of Arkham City costumed Batman that was allegedly going to come with a DLC code for the costume ingame, but I'm hearing conflicting reports that they aren't actually doing that bonus anymore.

Check in the Gameshare thread, there will likely be a few people wanting to start one. Since there's not 5 different preorder DLCs (in America) you could think about charging a buy-in fee for the accounts that don't have special preorder bonuses but would still like to share, you could also see about getting someone in the share to contribute the DLC from the CE.

Its too bad the voice of Jervis Tech from the animated series is dead, would love to see him doing his voice again.

Seems like BB would be the best preorder to do, since it's basically DLC (plus trophies) that you're getting for free.

[quote name='IRHari']Seems like BB would be the best preorder to do, since it's basically DLC (plus trophies) that you're getting for free.[/QUOTE]

Except you get the entire GOTY edition if you go through Wal-Mart, plus a $10 gift card. If you never played that game, or if you traded in your copy (as I did with my standard copy of the game), then it is clearly the best option.

[quote name='IRHari']Seems like BB would be the best preorder to do, since it's basically DLC (plus trophies) that you're getting for free.[/QUOTE]

thats where im getting mine cant wait to fight as robin.

[quote name='AvidWriter']This exclusive get more stuff buying it from us only crap is getting out of hand.[/QUOTE]

That sentece is out of hand, and makes my brain hurt.

Gamestop already has prices and dates up for some of AC's DLC. Nothing's for certain, but it's assumed to be the pre-order DLC (or at least part of it).

Robin Bundle - $6.99 - Released 11/22/2011
Skins Pack - $4.99 - Released 12/6/2011

If the info is accurate, it should help people figure out where to preorder.

bread's done
Back