Batman Arkham City:Last DLC, GOTY, Red Hood/Hush next villan's, Batmobile

[quote name='IRHari']Any tips for how to get the flying trophies (150 meters, dive 50 meters, fly 30 meters 5 meters above water).

Also, anyone know a good place to get the catwoman perfect jump 8x challenge?[/QUOTE]

150, just go to any high place (like the big stacks in the amusement area) and just jump off, glide and every now and then do a dive and come back up to regain some altitude. for dive 50 meters, just go to the stacks again. for the water one, i got that on one of the AR challenges. forget which one, but its the one youre gliding over water.

for catwoman, again, any tall structure will do. just start at the base of the building.

im all for red hood but im hoping he and some of the others will end up as eventual dlc for arkham city. anyone whose been a part of the bat legacy should be even if its just for challenge rooms.

a side not the fight with
deadshot
was a complete letdown i was hoping itd be a more active fight but nope. knew he was in it from the beginning but was very dissappointed in how it all ended.

I simply cannot stand the the later campaign challenges... I can always through through one fine and then have all the trouble in the work with the next one.

[quote name='Vinny']I simply cannot stand the the later campaign challenges... I can always through through one fine and then have all the trouble in the work with the next one.[/QUOTE]

Really? I found those campaign challenges to be more boring than anything...got tired of going through the same maps over and over and over...my general strategy was pretty simple. The first map is inifinitely retry-able, so I try to get the more annoying modifiers out of the way first. Once you graduate from the "Spam Bat Swarm" school of combat, the combat maps become easy enough, so I try to throw a bunch of modifiers there too.

[quote name='Vinny']I simply cannot stand the the later campaign challenges... I can always through through one fine and then have all the trouble in the work with the next one.[/QUOTE]

Put a lot of the negative modifiers on Combat Challenges since they're a lot easier and more often than not don't give you any consequences. You could also practice them if you so desire.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Really? I found those campaign challenges to be more boring than anything...got tired of going through the same maps over and over and over...my general strategy was pretty simple. The first map is inifinitely retry-able, so I try to get the more annoying modifiers out of the way first. Once you graduate from the "Spam Bat Swarm" school of combat, the combat maps become easy enough, so I try to throw a bunch of modifiers there too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']Put a lot of the negative modifiers on Combat Challenges since they're a lot easier and more often than not don't give you any consequences. You could also practice them if you so desire.[/QUOTE]

I don't know whether I love you guys or hate you guys but I picked up the game... again, and finally beat the Combat Master challenge.:) I wasn't awesome or anything (barely made it on each one) but it's over.

I can't believe how much easier the second and third parts were... I got those on the second try for each one after I saw what modifiers would be least intrusive. Now I can beat the rest of the campaign challenges and regular challenges, before doing my New Game+. I'm gonna have to put Yakuza 4 on hold since I'd rather not juggle 3 games, especially since I've got a long way to platty AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the next installment is longer. Love the 1st two but they just go too quick for me. More misc stuff throughout might help....Bought at midnight release and cant complain for the most part.

[quote name='thefjk']I don't think I'm ready for more Batman just yet...[/QUOTE]

instead of a batman game maybe do one starring someone else from the batman franchise like batgirl or batwoman. or a batman beyond man i would pay any price they set for it if they pull it off hell id even buy a ce day one.

or maybe a red hood game starting from the night the joker kills him and then it picks up where he ends up with talia being trained and continue foward. who wouldnt want the chance to go up against batman as someone else.

[quote name='thefjk']I don't think I'm ready for more Batman just yet...[/QUOTE]It's won't see the light of day till 2013 but chances are it could be a early "launch" title for PS4. They're gonna ride AC more than they did AA just b/c of the huge sales response, if they keep adding DLC that'll extend the lifespan & them at the end here's comes the GOTY ed. which would then be followed by the $30 GOTY GH & I see 7 million LT sales. This franchise will make moves towards Assassin's creed but it'' never be a yearly installment title.

I finished the story a few days ago; good game. I think AC lacks a little bit of the creepy claustrophobic ambience and feel of Arkham Asylum but I sort of expected that when I watched the trailer. I wish they would have just focused more on one or two characters, instead it felt like they were trying too hard to throw as many people in as possible. Strange needed a lot more character development. The best part of this game is joker; the guy who does the voice acting for him is just awesome. The things he says throughout the game and the voicemails he leaves you are the best. Did anyone catch that awesome Lost reference? Overall I liked it, maybe a little less than the first.

OK I finished the game finally, now messing with some of the side missions and the Nora Fries mission I'm stuck at.. where you have to go in the "back" way via water and you press X to open the door. I hit X and it doesn't seem to be working? Its not locked or anything, it's like the door is stuck.. Any ideas?

Finally getting around to playing this and I'm so bad lol. Slowly getting back in the groove, but it's every bit as good as I remember the first game. It's hard to forget you're playing a game (for me at least) but the flow of the game is just so interesting and engaging; they really should win some award for design. I often find myself just stopping to beat up thugs just because it's so damn rewarding.

I'd hate to push these guys in a different direction, but I'd really love to see what other genres they could revitalize.

yeah the game is alot of fun i still pop it in just for the fight challenges set to music. theres supposed to be some more dlc coming out for it supposedly a sp story featuring harley quinn. i hope they add more character skins as well damien wayne as robin, red hood and batgirl would be welcome additions.

[quote name='Jodou']Finally getting around to playing this and I'm so bad lol. Slowly getting back in the groove, but it's every bit as good as I remember the first game. It's hard to forget you're playing a game (for me at least) but the flow of the game is just so interesting and engaging; they really should win some award for design. I often find myself just stopping to beat up thugs just because it's so damn rewarding.

I'd hate to push these guys in a different direction, but I'd really love to see what other genres they could revitalize.[/QUOTE]They've single-handly brought the superhero games back to the forefront, hopefully someone will get superman on track, the new spiderman looks to be a good start but it would be nice to see other franchises started.

[quote name='Enuf']They've single-handly brought the superhero games back to the forefront, hopefully someone will get superman on track, the new spiderman looks to be a good start but it would be nice to see other franchises started.[/QUOTE]
You know, it's funny because the AR missions reminded me of Superman 64 lol. Nowhere near the difficulty of that game, but still hilarious that they have you flying through rings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJXgJ1c4vY

[quote name='camoor']When are they going to release a GOTY edition.

I want the version with all the DLC that should have been in the original.[/QUOTE]

Well, first they aren't done releasing DLC. (Apparently there is a Harley Quinn mini-campaign coming up.) Second, I don't see anything from the DLC that SHOULD have been in the game. The game is pretty complete even with leaving out the Catwoman DLC.

[quote name='camoor']When are they going to release a GOTY edition.

I want the version with all the DLC that should have been in the original.[/QUOTE]Pure guess:Year's end. You may see rumors near/after E3 but the signs to watch for are a $40 MSRP drop or $30 GH drop then 2-3 months after GH GOTY(possibly GH GOTY).

[quote name='Enuf']Pure guess:Year's end. You may see rumors near/after E3 but the signs to watch for are a $40 MSRP drop or $30 GH drop then 2-3 months after GH GOTY(possibly GH GOTY).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That seems logical - release a GOTY version right around xmas time.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, first they aren't done releasing DLC. (Apparently there is a Harley Quinn mini-campaign coming up.) Second, I don't see anything from the DLC that SHOULD have been in the game. The game is pretty complete even with leaving out the Catwoman DLC.[/QUOTE]

I was mainly talking about the Catwoman DLC.

Kind of a bait and switch since she was so heavily featured in the initial advertising campaign. That's what put a bad taste in my mouth.

Don't take it too serious, just my 2 cents.

Wow, really surprised how relatively short this game was. Feels like if you skip all the side-questing you'd beat the game in a couple hours. Left me somewhat wanting since the game only started to ramp up the difficulty, but at the same time I don't think I'd want to play through NG+.

Its also been a while since an ending was truly satisfying.
I never followed the comics but I do recall the Joker dying at some point and seeing it played out was heartbreaking on a psychological level. Superman needs his Luther. Spiderman his Green Goblin. Every hero needs a good villain and now I understand why Mark Hamil said he'd miss voicing the Joker.

It makes me sad to know the next game won't feature him. :(

some of the side fights could have been way better like the one with
deadshot.
i was hoping youd be fighting all over ac but nah just some lame stealth bit and then done.

I almost want to say the devs felt a need to jam as many characters into this one because they're not sure how long they'll be making Batman games, or at least this universe of Batman. It was a string of cameos which cheapened the overall camera time each of them got, though. Makes me wonder why they didn't spend an extra year fleshing the game out because it really came up short on content if you skip everything outside the main story.

What does piss me off is seeing Robin show up even if you don't have the DLC and wondering why they split that into day one paid content. If they're going to do moneygrabs like that, I'd rather they not make it at all.

[quote name='Jodou']I almost want to say the devs felt a need to jam as many characters into this one because they're not sure how long they'll be making Batman games, or at least this universe of Batman. It was a string of cameos which cheapened the overall camera time each of them got, though. Makes me wonder why they didn't spend an extra year fleshing the game out because it really came up short on content if you skip everything outside the main story.
[/QUOTE]
I agree that it was flooded with guest shots- but that's kind of how year-long Batman comics operate. You ever read Hush, or Long Halloween?

It didn't bother me- but it does make me wonder how they'll handle the 3rd game.

I borrowed this game from my friend and i don't think its worth playing through. I'd rather play infamous again or any of my other 60 ps3 games than this game.

So... If I started playing the campaign on Normal and want to change to Easy, is there a way to change it on the fly or do I have to start over?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So... If I started playing the campaign on Normal and want to change to Easy, is there a way to change it on the fly or do I have to start over?[/QUOTE]
Suck it up and L2P? But seriously, finish it on normal so you can unlock NG+. You can't unlock it from easy.

[quote name='nbballard']It didn't bother me- but it does make me wonder how they'll handle the 3rd game.[/QUOTE]Chances are you'll see red hood/hush storyline with an even "darker" tone.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']GOTY Edition incoming on May 29th. I'm glad I traded my vanilla copy at GS when I did. Can't wait to pick this up.

http://n4g.com/news/984518/batman-arkham-city-game-of-the-year-edition-announced-with-trailer/com[/QUOTE] Funny they announced the final DLC & price along with the GOTY but since the vanilla was avail for $10($15) can't complain either way but I'll p/u the GOTY for $20.
http://translate.google.de/translat...etails-bilder-zum-harley-quinn´s-revenge-dlc/

bread's done
Back