Batman Arkham City:Last DLC, GOTY, Red Hood/Hush next villan's, Batmobile

[quote name='4thHorseman']I was backwards on that, at least for Arkham Asylum. While I haven't done all the Predator missions in the new game, it seems to be similarly easy as long as you have all the gadgets. The main problem with Predator is waiting for enemies to get into place to succeed in the challenges. But since it's not timed to get them (at least from what I've played) I can take my time with them and get 3 stars the first time I play them.

I'll have to take your advice on the 5x/Bat Swarm. Haven't really spent any time with the combat missions, so I'll give that a shot once I do. I always try for the variations since that boosts up the score, but if you suggest using only the swarm, I'll see how that works.[/QUOTE]

Gotta say, the 5x/Bat Swarm technique works pretty well. In a large group of enemies, you can boost your combo pretty high with it. The Combat challenges also seem significantly easier than in Asylum. In the predator challenges, things don't start getting interesting until you start getting mooks with Sniper Rifles and medals that require downing the disruptor-backpack mooks last.

Now, time for some critique of the Story...
One thing I found really odd - how quick Batman was succumbing to the Titan poisoning. In game, it's stated that there were 18 months between the Asylum incident and the opening of Arkham City. Batman had Titan in his system for all of ten hours max before he was ready to die. Even then, Batman was ready to die when he entered Wonder City. Joker was still kicking until he reached the theatre.

Also was weird that Rocksteady marketed Hugo Strange as the antagonist. He may have been the one to set up Arkham City, but the game was all Joker's. Joker poisoning Batman set more of the game into motion than anything Strange did. To boot, we get to see what would happen if Batman fails in Catwoman's "go right" ending. They don't mention Strange at all (iirc), just how Joker's army is unstoppable and such.

As for a potential sequel, think the popular vote is that Scarecrow will be set up as the main villain. He was the only Asylum villain to not have a cameo, and he had his own secret room set up...one not too different from the Arkham City room in Asylum (both rooms requiring a gadget to enter, when there's zero indication you can use your gadget there). 'Course, it's also expected Hush will show up, as will Harley and the baby it's presumed she had.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Gotta say, the 5x/Bat Swarm technique works pretty well. In a large group of enemies, you can boost your combo pretty high with it. The Combat challenges also seem significantly easier than in Asylum. In the predator challenges, things don't start getting interesting until you start getting mooks with Sniper Rifles and medals that require downing the disruptor-backpack mooks last.

Now, time for some critique of the Story...
One thing I found really odd - how quick Batman was succumbing to the Titan poisoning. In game, it's stated that there were 18 months between the Asylum incident and the opening of Arkham City. Batman had Titan in his system for all of ten hours max before he was ready to die. Even then, Batman was ready to die when he entered Wonder City. Joker was still kicking until he reached the theatre.

Also was weird that Rocksteady marketed Hugo Strange as the antagonist. He may have been the one to set up Arkham City, but the game was all Joker's. Joker poisoning Batman set more of the game into motion than anything Strange did. To boot, we get to see what would happen if Batman fails in Catwoman's "go right" ending. They don't mention Strange at all (iirc), just how Joker's army is unstoppable and such.

As for a potential sequel, think the popular vote is that Scarecrow will be set up as the main villain. He was the only Asylum villain to not have a cameo, and he had his own secret room set up...one not too different from the Arkham City room in Asylum (both rooms requiring a gadget to enter, when there's zero indication you can use your gadget there). 'Course, it's also expected Hush will show up, as will Harley and the baby it's presumed she had.
[/QUOTE]

For the combo, are you all using 5x hits/batswarm...then stop for the combos to reset then start again? Just wondering how to approach it. Wasn't having much luck trying it last night. Predator map I started having trouble because it takes like two hits from the sniper to take you out. But I only have 4 left to do.

And for your spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Scarecrow and Killer Croc return along with Azrael and Hush (which I finally finished that sidequest last night). Calendar Man also escapes if you go for that trophy of his, so potentially, he could be in the next game too.

Regarding how Joker lasted longer on Titan than Batman, there's mentions in the comics that Joker is immune to most toxins. It's why he's able to withstand his Joker venom along with anything Poison Ivy can throw at him or why he laughs off Scarecrows fear toxin. He has a sort of super-immunity to most things. Which could explain why Batman didn't last anywhere near as long.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='4thHorseman']For the combo, are you all using 5x hits/batswarm...then stop for the combos to reset then start again? Just wondering how to approach it. Wasn't having much luck trying it last night. Predator map I started having trouble because it takes like two hits from the sniper to take you out. But I only have 4 left to do.

And for your spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Scarecrow and Killer Croc return along with Azrael and Hush (which I finally finished that sidequest last night). Calendar Man also escapes if you go for that trophy of his, so potentially, he could be in the next game too.

Regarding how Joker lasted longer on Titan than Batman, there's mentions in the comics that Joker is immune to most toxins. It's why he's able to withstand his Joker venom along with anything Poison Ivy can throw at him. He has a sort of super-immunity to most things. Which could explain why Batman didn't last anywhere near as long.
[/QUOTE]

You actually don't want anything to reset...the way I worked it...pummel guys until my combo counter turns yellow (initially at 5x), get in the middle of as many mooks as possible, use the batswarm (builds up combo and grants points based off how many it hits), and repeat. You can continue the combo off the BatSwarm and once the combo counter turns yellow again, you can BatSwarm again...build combo -> batswarm -> repeat. Throw in stuns/evades/counters where necessary, and the challenges get completed pretty quick.

I wish this game came out a bit earlier, then I could put more time into the trophy. It really doesn't seem as bad now... it'll take some time, that's pretty much it.

But Uncharted 3 is coming out in less than a week and I probably won't touch this game until I platinum that.

Meant to ask, anyone find any cool easter eggs lying around?

Most of these I looked up, never actually found in the game...yet:
-Secret decodable radio messages "You will pay for what you have done to me" and "I will return Batman".
-Calendar Man breaks out after hanging a henchman after you complete his trophy.
-Harley is pregnant and sings a song to the baby after the credits.
-Lightsaber in a circuit box while looking for Deadshot.
-Joker mentions the tv show "LOST"

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I completed the story mode and most of the side missions and I'm pretty disappointed with the game. I thought AA was a much better game.

I feel like it ended strangely and abruptly. After fighting Clayface, I had no idea the game was going to end and was actually shocked when the credits rolled. Not only was Clayface the easiest boss in the game, he showed up so suddenly and I can't even remember him having any lines. They really should have gone farther with the story.
The side missions are all pretty boring and end anticlimactically. You just sneak up behind Zsasz and take him out without him ever noticing. Bane runs into a cage and that's that. The mysterious guy just tells you his name and leaves.
The area designs seem pretty generic compare to AA from what I remember. The sewers where you fought Killer Croc and Poison Ivy's lair were more memorable then anything in this game.
There should have been more/better boss battles. The battle with Mr Freeze was pretty amazing since it required you to actually try new things rather than finding what works and doing it over and over.
[/QUOTE]

I agree about the ending. Beat the game a few days ago. Don't care about trophies much anymore, so I'm returning the rental for the new Ratchet (hopefully!).

yeah i agree with some of you the ending was pretty anti climactic after all you went through in the game but i enjoyed the ride all the same. gonna have a blast going back through with my batman beyond skin also for those side missions i missed can i redo them or just continue on from what i got in new game plus?

[quote name='KingBroly']You can do them in the post-game. They're separate for NG+.[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on what you mean by separate

Sorry about the double post, on my phone

[quote name='shadowkast']Could you elaborate on what you mean by separate

Sorry about the double post, on my phone[/QUOTE]
You have to do them again.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Meant to ask, anyone find any cool easter eggs lying around?

Most of these I looked up, never actually found in the game...yet:
-Secret decodable radio messages "You will pay for what you have done to me" and "I will return Batman".
-Calendar Man breaks out after hanging a henchman after you complete his trophy.
-Harley is pregnant and sings a song to the baby after the credits.
-Lightsaber in a circuit box while looking for Deadshot.
-Joker mentions the tv show "LOST"
[/QUOTE]

go to the boat that is right in front of where you find nora and use your decoder on the miscolored wooden panel. itll open up for an easter egg.

Easter Eggs:
After the Ra's fight, if you back track through to the enterance to the subway/sewer it's closed. As a result, you have an encounter with Croc. It was one of my favorite moments in the game.

Also, in the underground city of wondertower, I noticed a store named "Clooney's Something or another". Made me wonder if there were other shoutouts that I missed.

Ending Thoughts:
I found myself to be surprisingly upset by the ending. Mark Hamill has been Joker since I was a little kid, and I'm going to miss him- that probably factored more into the death scene than anything. Also, "Only You" played at my wedding, so it was kind of personal.

I was doing the trophy/riddle hunting and I found that one guy to play catch with. I thought it was only doable early in the game but I guess not. I threw a remote baterang and he caught it... the trophy took 20 seconds to pop up but it worked.:)

I'm having trouble completing the final 10% of the political prisoners sidequest. I just can't find any more. And it feels like I've been putting hours and hours into this game but am only 58% completed. I'm about half way through the trophies and probably won't be playing anymore with 3 exams this week and then Uncharted 3.

BTW, how do you get back into Wonder City? I can't remember where it was for the life in me... I remember the section of the map that's located but can't remember the entrance.

About the ending...
I think the fact that this was Hamill's final Joker combined with Joker dying was what really got to me but I guess it couldn't be done any other way. For anyone who follows the comic, is this what happens in the comic book storyline? I never really followed Batman outside of TAS

[quote name='Vinny']I was doing the trophy/riddle hunting and I found that one guy to play catch with. I thought it was only doable early in the game but I guess not. I threw a remote baterang and he caught it... the trophy took 20 seconds to pop up but it worked.:)

I'm having trouble completing the final 10% of the political prisoners sidequest. I just can't find any more. And it feels like I've been putting hours and hours into this game but am only 58% completed. I'm about half way through the trophies and probably won't be playing anymore with 3 exams this week and then Uncharted 3.

BTW, how do you get back into Wonder City? I can't remember where it was for the life in me... I remember the section of the map that's located but can't remember the entrance.

About the ending...
I think the fact that this was Hamill's final Joker combined with Joker dying was what really got to me but I guess it couldn't be done any other way. For anyone who follows the comic, is this what happens in the comic book storyline? I never really followed Batman outside of TAS
.[/QUOTE]
The Arkham Asylum and Arkham City stories are supposed to be independent from the regular batman continuity from what I can tell- similar to TAS and the Nolan movies.

Edit- That said, Arkham Asylum is very loosely based on the Batman story of the same name, and I got the impression that the idea of "Arkham City" was an interpretation of "No Man's Land".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']I was doing the trophy/riddle hunting and I found that one guy to play catch with. I thought it was only doable early in the game but I guess not. I threw a remote baterang and he caught it... the trophy took 20 seconds to pop up but it worked.:)

About the ending...
.[/QUOTE]

Head through the subway on the west side of the city. There should be a door on the bottom floor of the big area w enemies. Just go through that and work your way to Wonder City.

Almost got all the trophies. Catwoman is about complete and have less than 50 trophies to find. Then to finish up the challenges...

[quote name='4thHorseman']Head through the subway on the west side of the city. There should be a door on the bottom floor of the big area w enemies. Just go through that and work your way to Wonder City.

Almost got all the trophies. Catwoman is about complete and have less than 50 trophies to find. Then to finish up the challenges...[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks. I don't know why, I completely missed the ledge you have to climb up to get to the Wonder Tower/City area.

Anyone having problems with game data? The game was working fine for me yesterday and today when I launch I get a "game data is corrupt" message and it's saying I have to delete the game data and reinstall the game, so I did that and launch and still got the same error. Though it doesn't say if it's the main game or the DLC. Though I'm assuming if I delet the game data it deletes the DLC data too or do I need to download and reinstall that too?

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone having problems with game data? The game was working fine for me yesterday and today when I launch I get a "game data is corrupt" message and it's saying I have to delete the game data and reinstall the game, so I did that and launch and still got the same error. Though it doesn't say if it's the main game or the DLC. Though I'm assuming if I delet the game data it deletes the DLC data too or do I need to download and reinstall that too?[/QUOTE]

It came up once for me, but when I closed out of the game and loaded it back up, it worked fine for me without having to delete anything.

[quote name='4thHorseman']It came up once for me, but when I closed out of the game and loaded it back up, it worked fine for me without having to delete anything.[/QUOTE]

Same here, got the message the second time I booted up, I believe I shut down my PS3 and rebooted it and it never came up again.

OK got it fixed.. had to delete the game data and also re-download the catwoman and 70s Batsuit and all is working fine now. :)

Side note, has anyone tried playing the game with the TrioVis INFICOLOR 3D glasses? Are they worth it for $30?

welp, i just gotta finish up visiting the calender man on these dates and ill have the plat.

the final predator master room was a pain in the balls.

Nightwing trailer
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/10/26/batman-arkham-city-sales-nightwing-trailer/?xrs=share_fb

Also, not that this should be any surprise to people but AC sold boatloads 4.6 million shipped & 2 million sold vs AA which sold 4.3 million LTD as a "sleeper". Make no mistake about it 2013 there will be a sequel the ONLY ?
Will Batman Arkham City's sequel be on PS3/X360 or PS4/720? Riddle me this....BATMAN
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118045017?categoryid=1009&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews

considering the 3rd one will most likely be in gotham city and much bigger than the second one, i wouldnt be surprised if they hold out till the next generation and release a monster of a game.

[quote name='8bitArtist']welp, i just gotta finish up visiting the calender man on these dates and ill have the plat.

the final predator master room was a pain in the balls.[/QUOTE]

ah so thats what the calendar near his cell was for thanks for the post ill do that once i finish all the riddler crap.

cant wait for the nightwing dlc and i hope they will do more like the new and old batgirl as well as red hood and damien wayne.

I got the perfect freeflow 2.0 last night... man, what a pain.

I started some of the Campaign challenges since they're going to be the next hardest. I thought these were different than the regular challenges but nope, they're just the same recycled ones. And they're extra tedious since you have to do 3 in a row and use those annoying as fuck modifiers, and only get 3 tries totals (would have been nice if it was 3 tries each). Seems like a late add-on...

General question.
We have yet to play this and can buy a like new copy for $30 or a new sealed copy for $40, will only the new copy come with the catwoman code?
Thank you in advance

[quote name='donut']General question.
We have yet to play this and can buy a like new copy for $30 or a new sealed copy for $40, will only the new copy come with the catwoman code?
Thank you in advance[/QUOTE] the used copy may or may not come with a code that may or may not have been used. Plan on not getting one though

[quote name='Sinistar']OK got it fixed.. had to delete the game data and also re-download the catwoman and 70s Batsuit and all is working fine now. :)

Side note, has anyone tried playing the game with the TrioVis INFICOLOR 3D glasses? Are they worth it for $30?[/QUOTE]

Those are just green and purple glasses ( that came with the first batman) in a hard plastic frame as far as i know. I would try the cheap/ free cardboard ones before i plopped down $30. There's no way it will be as good as stereoscopic 3d, depth effects and colors will suffer

Nice guide, this seems like it'll be harder to Plat then AA, only because of the Campaign maps and the modifiers you need to use. Agree? Sounds like Combat isn't as bad because you can spam the Bat Swarm every 5 hits or so. Did you start your first game in Normal or Hard?

So I just tracked down the place where Mr. Freeze is in the GPD building. I spent so much time wanking of doing side missions and collecting trophies and fighting, I have almost every upgrade I can get (just need 2 more bullet armor upgrades). I haven't upgraded Catwoman at all except for her Square X move, since I like having crowd control.

Hopefully I'm not underleveled or anything? Or is there upgrades I SHOULD get ASAP? I'm playing in Normal and it isn't bad at all.

[quote name='KingBroly']So just in case I don't look like a total jackass, here's a Trophy Guide for anyone that wants it:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/batman-arkham-city/130880-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Yes, the author is who you think it is.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the specific details but Catch! is obtainable later in the game. After I beat the game, I found the guy standing on the building across from the courthouse while I was getting Riddler trophies.

Does anyone know if the Sinestro Corp skin will be included in the DLC pack that comes out next month or is that only with the Green Lantern Blu-Ray?

Woo, finally plat'd this game.

Gotta say, after running through the Combat and Predator challenge maps, New Game + was a breeze. It was refreshing to not have any rules for takedowns in Pred mode. And combat, even though they remove the Attack Indicators, still wasn't too bad. Just required a bit more evasive jumping than strict countering.

Also found the campaign challenges to be pretty boring. None of the modifiers was a real detriment to Combat mode, so I always loaded Combat maps with negatives, making Predator maps just repetition.

Final thoughts on the story...
Did they ever explain why Batman's cure for Titan from Arkham Asylum wouldn't work on the Joker in this game? They just seemed to forget about it. Could've at least explained that the plant no longer grew in the sewers/Batman couldn't synthesize more from his blood/the BatComputer lost all info about it or something.

Still annoyed at how boring Strange was in the game.

Playing through the game a second time is pretty interesting. You notice small things, like how Batman carrying Joker at the end mimics the painting Catwoman opens in the beginning. Or how during the Joker Fight, detective mode reveals the Joker had no bones. Or how when Talia stabs the Joker with a sword, there's no blood. That last one actually made me laugh a little. Batman sees Strange get stabbed not ten minutes earlier, then sees Joker get stabbed while not bleeding, but it's not until he flashes back to a Card and a Copy of a Card does he think the Joker ain't real.

Bump, anyone know? The 'blow up a gas canister before it is thrown' is one I had trouble doing, I tried tapping L1 twice but that seemed to throw batarangs at the dude instead of at the canister.

K I got it, the last combat one I had was destroy an explosive before it is thrown.

The building behind the hotel south of the courthouse, there are respawning mobs. There will always be an explosive container that one of the dudes will go for, that's where I got it.

Any tips for how to get the flying trophies (150 meters, dive 50 meters, fly 30 meters 5 meters above water).

Also, anyone know a good place to get the catwoman perfect jump 8x challenge?

bread's done
Back