Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Still can't believe joker's men got so close to the mayor..even closer to become part of the guards that shot in the air. Someone in the GCPD fucked up big time to allow that to happen.

Joker was still able to get away, despite being surrounded by all those cops.

Who was shooting still in the background when Harvey went to confront the other guy in the ambulance?[/quote]

They were just being paid off by the mob and Gordon was too proud and sure of himself to think that any of his cops were corrupt.

Probably more people shooting at the room that Bruce Wayne was in or the Joker replaced one of the snipers and had him shoot more as part of a diversion.

It is not TDK however I'm sure it will be up in the next few months or so as long as the site is updated. Here are the scripts for the Batman movies. They are drafts but still worth checking out for any batman fans that did not know about them.

Batman http://www.imsdb.com/Movie Scripts/Batman Script.html

Batman 2 http://www.imsdb.com/Movie Scripts/Batman 2 Script.html

Batman and Robin http://www.imsdb.com/Movie Scripts/Batman and Robin Script.html

Begins http://www.imsdb.com/Movie Scripts/Batman Begins Script.html

Forever http://www.imsdb.com/Movie Scripts/Batman Forever Script.html

Returns http://www.imsdb.com/Movie Scripts/Batman Returns Script.html

So what do all you Maggie Gyllenhall haters think of this woman?

4xw0qc8.jpg

[quote name='Rocko']So what do all you Maggie Gyllenhall haters think of this woman?

4xw0qc8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

um ok? what does this have to do with anything?

nice tits and too much cover up on her face.

[quote name='Dante Devil']I agree![/quote]

Hey Dante, isn't it time to change your sig image to update it with the new bat suit?

Who the hell is she Rocko and like others have said nice rack. Also ITDEFX be glad you can atleast see it on IMAX. We don't even have one where I'm at.

[quote name='sendme']Who the hell is she Rocko and like others have said nice rack. Also ITDEFX be glad you can atleast see it on IMAX. We don't even have one where I'm at.[/quote]

Some chick who was ripping people off with an xbl card scam last year. Someone had the balls to tell her to prove herself with a spoon and tp and shortly after she posted a pic of herself, a spoon and tp. I forgot who called her out. Since then her image has become iconic here on cag.

As for seeing it on IMAX. I am truely wondering if it's worth seeing it in IMAX. From what my friend told me the IMAX scenes fill the screen , while the rest of the movie is presented in Widescreen on an imax screen. :bomb: Last time I went to an IMAX theater to see a movie, it was Transformers and I felt kinda jipped that it was presented in widescreen vs IMAX full screen.

[quote name='ITDEFX']From what my friend told me the IMAX scenes fill the screen , while the rest of the movie is presented in Widescreen on an imax screen. :bomb:[/quote]

That's exactly how it is. Pretty much the only scenes that fill the entire screen are the opening bank scene and any wide city shots.

[quote name='billyrox']i love how joker was right and batman broke his number one rule

he killed two face
[/QUOTE]

Well that's true but

he couldn't save everyone and two-face, so it wasn't really intentional

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok I saw it for the second time.

Somethings that still bother me

-When Fox enters Low's (?) building, the guy tells him to check his cell phone.

-During the meeting between him and the guy, his cell phone goes off.

-When Fox leaves the building he has to check his phone again and this time he leaves it at the security station.

So did FOX have 3 phones on him when entering the building? One he checked going in, the one he surrendered going out and the 3rd he showed Bruce outside.[/QUOTE]

I am sure this was already answered.... it is obviously two phones. He leaves one, that later takes out the security cameras, and he takes one upstairs... I presume Bruce calls him on it and he takes it out to set it on the table... that is when it sonar scans the area. Then when he leaves he leaves the first phone with the security guard.

Thats only two phones.. no were did it indicate he left one on the rooftop after their lunch meeting.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Still can't believe joker's men got so close to the mayor..even closer to become part of the guards that shot in the air. Someone in the GCPD fucked up big time to allow that to happen.

Joker was still able to get away, despite being surrounded by all those cops.[/QUOTE]

You noticed all the men upstairs where Bruce Wayne went correct? They had their uniforms taken and were tied up...

Actually if you watch you can see the Joker in a few shots preceding the reveal when he shoots at the mayor. The cops that were around him were his paid men "cops", as obvious by the number of hostages Bruce Wayne Stumbles on...

The other cops that were "bad" I am sure helped the Jokers men get mixed in up front.

No one noticed the Joker without the makeup, because all the men surrounding the Joker were his men.

Secondly some guys got shot at, after the mayor was shot at... thats how they ended up with the schizo in the back of the ambulance.. he took the fall initially for being the one shooting at the mayor. The rest of the Jokers men, scattered once the shot was placed.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Who was shooting still in the background when Harvey went to confront the other guy in the ambulance?[/QUOTE]

Minor, minor issue... the point in that scene, in my opinion, is that chaos was still abound. Probably could have been another gun on timer, or some other cops, and or Joker men causing trouble, confusion. That was Jokers whole premise.

Last edited by a moderator:
And like Dent (I think) said, nearly every cop in the city was corrupt. The Joker also stated that basically everyone has their price (the dog analogy). While I do agree that it was the Joker and the Joker's men doing the 21 gun salute, there were numerous other cops who could have assisted them. Hell
most of Gordon's squad was in on it

What do you think is going to happen to Gotham now?

Batman is in for a long tough fight ahead of him. With the mob and police after him, he is gonna need help soon.

[quote name='ITDEFX']What do you think is going to happen to Gotham now?

Batman is in for a long tough fight ahead of him. With the mob and police after him, he is gonna need help soon.[/QUOTE]

Batgirl. Lindsey Lohan. You heard it here first.

[quote name='dopa345']Batgirl. Lindsey Lohan. You heard it here first.[/quote]

I think you must be a sacrifice to stop this.

[quote name='yukine']Robin duh!

Please god no.[/quote]
I think just skipping Robin all together and going straight to Nightwing might actually work for this movie series (assuming they redesign the costume a little bit so he has more then just a tiny mask on his face, which works fine for the comics and cartoons but just wouldn't work in a realistic series).

i was watching Attack of the Show the other day and chris gore was saying that the only way to top this movie is to make the next one start years later. He said that the next movie should be when batman is old and returns just like in the comic book "The Dark Knight Returns". I think that is probably what it is being planned for the next Batman movie.

Just got back from seeing it with the GF. We both deemed at as the most intense, depressing movie we have seen in a LONG time. And we loved every fucking second of it. I don't believe there was one bad part in the ENTIRE movie, and Ledgers performance was AMAZING.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I think just skipping Robin all together and going straight to Nightwing might actually work for this movie series (assuming they redesign the costume a little bit so he has more then just a tiny mask on his face, which works fine for the comics and cartoons but just wouldn't work in a realistic series).[/quote]

Exactly, Nightwing would fit Nolan's Batman a lot better than Robin in my opinion.

Anyone else like the Begins batsuit better? I thought the new one was cool, but just looked a little strange for some reason and not as natural as the Begins version.

[quote name='2Fast']Anyone else like the Begins batsuit better? I thought the new one was cool, but just looked a little strange for some reason and not as natural as the Begins version.[/quote]
it made his head look more round

Nolan said that they are going to try and forget all about robin. Also Bale has said that if they bring robin in he is out so we would end up with a new batman.

[quote name='sendme']Nolan said that they are going to try and forget all about robin. Also Bale has said that if they bring robin in he is out so we would end up with a new batman.[/quote]

Link?

I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to hear/see it an whatever context he discussed that in.

[quote name='lordwow']The only thing that would be cool with Robin is if they did the storyline where he gets killed.[/QUOTE]

But they should do it differently then they do in the comics.

Unless something has changed, Nolan stated a while back that he will not do a Batman movie that features any of the sidekicks. He said he wants his movies to be focused on Batman's struggles.

[quote name='sendme']I think I was the only one that could not stop laughing at that scene in the theater when I was there.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. There were tears running down my face.

EDIT - I should mention that if they do another Batman movie with this cast,
I hope they don't try and do Joker without Heath Ledger. It won't work, he forever ruined that role for anyone else for at least 20-30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukine']Link?

I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to hear/see it an whatever context he discussed that in.[/QUOTE]

Dont have one. I get all my info from comics2film.com. Check them out. It should be some place on there.

[quote name='Halo05']
EDIT - I should mention that if they do another Batman movie with this cast, I hope they don't try and do Joker without Heath Ledger. It won't work, he forever ruined that role for anyone else for at least 20-30 years.[/quote]
I don't know about that.

Not sure if these were posted here:

2693429764_348c55ee38_o.jpg

2693429570_51a0e845f1_o.jpg

They release in January for about $30 per set. I'm likely going to grab the Joker set.

bread's done
Back