Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

I read the AICN article on Hellboy and TDK, wow.
I am almost 100% positive how Rachel dies now.

SPOILERS:
The first big example of this comes when Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal) are both kidnapped, and each of them is placed into a different warehouse, each wired to explode at a certain time. Batman’s told where they both are, and then given time to reach only one of them. And unlike every other superhero movie (like SPIDER-MAN, for example) where this sort of a choice is established, this time, there are fatal consequences, and it changes everything for Dent, for Batman, for Gotham itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
lfe5d756bbb5cf91091ec08wm6.jpg

Whoa. :hot:

Just watched the first 6 minutes of TDK from the Batman Begins Blu-ray. I'm guessing it was scaled down from 2.35:1 to 1.79:1, but the picture was better looking than any of the Discovery blu-rays, or any other Blu-ray i've seen for that matter.

I'm already hyped for the movie in theaters, now I cant wait for the Blu-ray version either.

[quote name='Bavgate']New trailer from Domino's (Yeah, the pizza company) [/quote]

Wow. This seals it: I need to go to the 12:01am show.

I'm going to the 3:30 AM IMAX showing, thanks to the midnight one being sold out. Pre-sales are selling out incredibly fast.

[quote name='Bavgate']I'm going to the 3:30 AM IMAX showing, thanks to the midnight one being sold out. Pre-sales are selling out incredibly fast.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here, i gotta go to the 10am imax showing

[quote name='Milkyman']yeah same here, i gotta go to the 10am imax showing[/quote]

No joke, I knew the hype was huge for the movie, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS big.

Pre-sales selling out?! Insanity. Some theaters even put in times for freakin' 6 AM showings!

There are plenty of tickets for the midnight showing in my area. I am really surprised they didn't add a 8pm showing. 3am and 6am is too much.

[quote name='ITDEFX']There are plenty of tickets for the midnight showing in my area. I am really surprised they didn't add a 8pm showing. 3am and 6am is too much.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they legally can't add a 8 pm one

Why do people want to watch all the new trailers? So it can spoil parts of the movie? As far as I am concerned, the Joker has been inredibly overexposed in trailers.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why do people want to watch all the new trailers? So it can spoil parts of the movie? As far as I am concerned, the Joker has been inredibly overexposed in trailers.[/quote]

Guess the marketing department want to make HL the true star of this movie and make people want to go see this movie even if they aren't a HL fan. They are covertly capitalizing on his death by giving him more trailer/tv spot time in the hopes that they can squeeze out more ticket sales that originally projected. His death might have added another 100-250 million to the projection of how much this movie will make during it's run.

Anyways..

I just spoke to one of my good friends down in south Florida and apparently he won a radio contest to be part of the early showing of the Dark Knight at IMAX TWO FREAKING DAYS BEFORE the general public sees it. It's going to be at the IMAX theater in Fort Lauderdale. Son of a bitch!!!!
Oh well the best I can do is get a hold of the novelization to the movie when it comes out I think a day before he sees it.

He's going to get free food, beer, vip treatment and being part of the group that sees the movie before most people do in the country in IMAX.

:bomb:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']only city in NY is sold out. GHAY[/quote]

I was disappointed to learn that the nearest IMAX which is about 20 minutes from my house was not participating in this contest, other wise I would have gone. Anyways the nearest IMAX on that list is 4 hours away in PA. An 8 hr round trip to see a 2 hour movie plus spending 80+ dollars in gas and another 30-40 dollars in food (because I would most likely be going to Pittsburgh area) so that's a lot for just a movie.

[quote name='2Fast']Previewing this at 10:30 tomorrow night :cool:[/quote]

Maybe for your area, but not in mine :( They just added a 12:05, and a 12:10am showing.

Went to check out the soundtrack today at bb. Two versions, a Deluxe and a standard. Both have the same tracks, except the deluxe has some cards and color booklet all for 8 dollars more :roll:. I think I am going to skip the deluxe and just get the standard.

Also went to the bookstore (BN) and found the publisher PUSHED there release to BN of the novel to FRIDAY :bomb:. Guess they really don't want people to be spoiled :(

I have tickets for the 12:01am show Thursday night. Have to be at work around 8 the next morning... it's going to suck, but it'll be so worth it.

Anyone else re-watching the '89 Batman for comparison's sake? Those Prince songs are awful :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']Maybe for your area, but not in mine :( They just added a 12:05, and a 12:10am showing.[/quote]

I'm a manager at a movie theater so I'm watching it when we receive it (most likely Wednesday night). :D

[quote name='johnnypark']Anyone else re-watching the '89 Batman for comparison's sake? Those Prince songs are awful :)[/quote]

I did and the movie didn't age well at all, in my opinion. :whistle2:#

Looked at the times for friday and mostly likely will be going to the 12:45 p.m. showing. Since no one usually goes at the time and should be nice & quiet. But what threw me off was the run time, 2 hours & 30 minutes :shock:.

Also there supposedly will be trailers for Watchmen & Terminator: Salvation before the movie.

[quote name='tangytangerine']
Also there supposedly will be trailers for Watchmen...[/quote]

Seriously?! Holy shit, now I'm beyond excited. This is going to be the best night ever.

I cant wait, the wife will be there or she wont. I could care less as I want to see this movie this weekend... opening night not so much as I have big deals on Friday but Friday I will see it.

So the plan is to it a midnight showing Thursday night, see it again Friday night at San Diego (we'll be in SD looking for a place for my gf and her friend), and see it again in IMAX on or after Sunday.

I have 2 coupons, 1 worth $7.50 which I got with the Batman Begins Limited Edition DVD and 1 worth $8 which I got for buying a Batman shirt and a Batman PEZ from Hot Topic (I think this is the first time I've ever bought anything from HT for myself). Neither work for AMC and one says not valid with other offers.

I'm cool.

I'm doing some stories from the New Mexico set of Terminator 4 Thursday and Friday I wonder if Bale will be there or back in LA doing publicity for this.

I saw this movie last night and I'll tell you now it is the fuckING SHIT! The best PG13 movie I have ever seen. Heath Ledger plays the joker very well because the story is so dark but when he comes on screen there was almost always a transition in my mood. It could have been rated R if they showed more of the gore and the killing.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what happens to 2 face in the comic books since I haven't read them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done watching it and I'll give a spoiler-free taste of the movie:

The movie is astoundingly brilliant. Right now, I am dumbfounded by what I just saw. I did not come out of the theater hooting and hollering, but simply at a loss for words.

Ledger's performance is breathtaking and depressing. The whole movie, I could not help but notice how this role contributed to his death; he is totally immersed in this part.

I cannot imagine how the third installment can top this.

That's all I really feel like saying without going into too much detail and spoiling the movie. Just know, that if you love Batman and the characters in his universe, you will not at all be disappointed by this film.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Was able to pick up 2 tickets to the midnight showing on Imax. I'm excited.[/quote]

The closest IMAX to me is sold out until Monday morning... crazy

bread's done
Back