Battlefield 2 Demo

[quote name='specialk']Anyone know how many maps the final version is going to have?
I've played BackStab for days and still am not tired of it, so i was wondering how many more huge levels like this they would include.[/QUOTE]

The PC version has like 10 or 11 and they're all actually bigger than BackStab.

[quote name='Scorch']The PC version has like 10 or 11 and they're all actually bigger than BackStab.[/QUOTE]

it has twelve, and I think the console version will have somewhere between twenty and thirty five maps (there were a ton in the alpha so I bet there are a lot in the finished game)

[quote name='Scorch']The PC version has like 10 or 11 and they're all actually bigger than BackStab.[/QUOTE]
Are they going to all be different than the ones in battlefield 2?

I am almost certain the demo said something about 30 different single player missions. I don't know if that translates into 30 different maps, but if so, it will be AMAZING.

it's probably getting time for the new oxm isn't it?

btw, is there anyway to know what demos are going to be in the new issue? or just go and look when it comes out?

[quote name='$hady']I've got 2 friends who are having a hell of a time finding this demo in stores lol sucks to be them.[/QUOTE]

Hah, same here. That and the Burnout Revenge demo are driving about half my friends list crazy because no place has either of them.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Hah, same here. That and the Burnout Revenge demo are driving about half my friends list crazy because no place has either of them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Burnout Revenge will be on the next OXM demo because i cant find it here..............

You mentioned your friends list, is the demo online??

[quote name='$hady']Maybe Burnout Revenge will be on the next OXM demo because i cant find it here..............

You mentioned your friends list, is the demo online??[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 2 is (obviously), Burnout Revenge is not (unfortunately, but I hear it's glitchy, so maybe it's better that it's not on Live).

EDIT: New OXM drops August 9th with a playable copy of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.

[quote name='$hady']Maybe Burnout Revenge will be on the next OXM demo because i cant find it here..............

You mentioned your friends list, is the demo online??[/QUOTE]

No, I just mentioned my friends list because I told most of them about it and they don't look on forums or anything so they don't have the heads up that we CAGs do on upcoming/newly released games.

Spec ops is my favorite class so far.Its the best all around due to it being able to take down tanks defend flags and the SMG dont seem to be to much less accurate then the assault rifle.Also i think its the best assault class since you can throw a c4 around the corner and blow up a good area.Really works good for flag 5 when someone is just starting to take it you can stand on the stairs outside and chuck a c4 up there and killem.Also great for 4 when someones attempting to flag and is waiting for you to turn the corner onto the balcony.I love my c4 :)

And is anyone else rarely having good games?I mean most games I play in my team wins with like 250 tickets left.Seems like theres rarely any good people online whenever I play.And if there is normally the teams are very unbalanced

I tried it out yesterday and the experience was not that great. Nothing really seemed to tell you what to do and when I did get in a vehicle and started driving the server went down.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I tried it out yesterday and the experience was not that great. Nothing really seemed to tell you what to do and when I did get in a vehicle and started driving the server went down.[/QUOTE]

If I have one negative thing to say about the demo it's that - the fact that it barely tells you how to play the game. I honestly learn something new everytime I play that game. I still don't exactly know how to do an artillery strike and a few other things. Guile, if you want, I can try and help you get the normal play down..if the servers will even hold up.

My buddy finally found a demo and we came to my house thise morning after we got off work. We were online for 4 hours straight and never got bored. Every now and then for a break from straight up war we would start sabotaging our team and blowing up hummers and helicopters with c4 just as our team would start to drive away in them. LOL this game is great cant wait for the real thing!

[quote name='$hady']My buddy finally found a demo and we came to my house thise morning after we got off work. We were online for 4 hours straight and never got bored. Every now and then for a break from straight up war we would start sabotaging our team and blowing up hummers and helicopters with c4 just as our team would start to drive away in them. LOL this game is great cant wait for the real thing![/QUOTE]
Thanx for being another immature team killer...dont fuck over other peoples game for your own enjoyment

i didnt really like it when i first got it...but after playing it some more..i think it's a pretty fun game :) might get it when it comes out

I got teh demo and mag for 5 dollars (ebgames) and teh new OXM is also gonna have a sweet demo...

RBS: LOCKDOWN XBL ONLY BIZNATCHES!

[quote name='help1']I got teh demo and mag for 5 dollars (ebgames) and teh new OXM is also gonna have a sweet demo...

RBS: LOCKDOWN XBL ONLY BIZNATCHES![/QUOTE]

source?

Tips
-You can change weapon classes if u find the guns.Hit the black button over them and u will swap gear.
-Land mines are tanks only i see alot of newbs placing them indoors
-You can heal your tank at spots that have a green icon on the map.There found on each side of the river one is near the blown bridge and i know of another in the americans main base.
-Health is a red box know where they are its key to getting good runs going
-C4 can be thrown far enough to kill people around corners also as i mentioned before it can be thrown UP to the 5 balcony to kill a flagger
-C4 blast range is far dont mess around to close to it
-Place c4 on a truck drive it into a tank get out before you hit it and block it up easy kill of a tank if your a good driver
-Helicopters are useless unless you are paratrooping
-4 and 5 determine the game.Hold those 2 and you will more then likely win
-Snipers are almost useless either defend or attack only time sniping is going to help your team is when a team has 4 and 5 and other has 2 and 3 and its a battle over the river.
-If you do snipe dont stay in one spot when you kill someone the camera turns towards where they got shot from so it basicly exposes your spot
-The artilery strike is found near 5.From 4 take the main road to 5 and keep going when it turns its in a broken building there.Theres a computer you use with the B button and you pick where you want to use it.You basicly have a radar to pick where the most enemys are so you can maximize kills.Also when its available there will be a little airplane signal on your map.

If you have any more questions ask ill try to help

[quote name='help1']How you gonna NOT trust me?

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=362908

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=361015&page=4&pp=15

" Playable Demos-
TOM CLANCY: RAINBOW SIX: LOCKDOWN ONLINE ENABLED DEMO....."

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=22502493[/QUOTE]

Hah, I didn't say I didn't trust you..I just wanted to read what all the articles had to say about it. I thought they were only going have a playable demo of Mortal Kombat - but I guess that's not the case.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Hah, I didn't say I didn't trust you..I just wanted to read what all the articles had to say about it. I thought they were only going have a playable demo of Mortal Kombat - but I guess that's not the case.[/QUOTE]

there is a playable mortal kombat too.

[quote name='-BigC-']-Snipers are almost useless either defend or attack only time sniping is going to help your team is when a team has 4 and 5 and other has 2 and 3 and its a battle over the river.[/QUOTE]
That I will protest seeing as though I am always a sniper, and am always in the top 3 for my team...a sniper can destroy a tank with a portable laser tracker, go close range with a pistol, far range with his rifle, or close range if your really good, and assist with assaults on enemy fortifications with the use of smoke grenades

I did say almost.The traditional "hide and kill people" sniper is useless

And being top 3 in your team means nothing if your not taking flags.I always see snipers going like 23-9 28-10 etc.But im the ony taking flags defending the flags and holding down the key parts of the game.There just using what I do and benefiting from it.Most of the time i get 2 flags right off the bat then camp which ever i decide to take either 4 or 5 and wait for backup since I got my team a new spawn spot.Once that happends I take the other.And its normally 4 i take since its by far the hardest to get back when lost

[quote name='-BigC-']I did say almost.The traditional "hide and kill people" sniper is useless

And being top 3 in your team means nothing if your not taking flags.I always see snipers going like 23-9 28-10 etc.But im the ony taking flags defending the flags and holding down the key parts of the game.There just using what I do and benefiting from it.Most of the time i get 2 flags right off the bat then camp which ever i decide to take either 4 or 5 and wait for backup since I got my team a new spawn spot.Once that happends I take the other.And its normally 4 i take since its by far the hardest to get back when lost[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's sorta what I do. I take 4 first, then swim across and kill a handful at 3 and take it. Next, I make my way to 2, so just in case any of my guys die before then they can spawn right next to the Terrorists. And if for some reason my team is slacking then I'll go get 5. I think flag 5 is the hardest to get back once the opposite team has it, because you have to deal with terrorists spawning up top and below and out in the marketplace AND a rocket launcher that sits across the river from 5. 4 is always a cakewalk for me. I like to get about 15 kills but I definitely go for flag's first. My average score is usually 50-55 (depending on how much my team works with me I'll get anywhere from 35-75 points). But you gotta love those guys who sit waaay back in bushes with their one-hit kill wonders - half the time it takes them 5 shots to hit you, too.

i'll join the above poster who said that they learn something new every game....i've YET to figure out an artillery strike..

edited to say i didn't know how until Big C's post.

Yeah snipers normally get the bigger scores even when flagging.I just hate hanging back and waiting for someone to come.I defend flags with C4 and camp but i really hate doing that as well.I normally try to convince my team mate to do it for me because I know im pretty good at the game and I can charge a flag like nobody I have seen so far.Ive went on runs where ive killed 3 tanks and 5 people on foot to get a flag.Thats why I love spec ops by far the most well rounded class

And is anyone else tired of people who think there good by paratrooping to the top of 5?I hate having to change classes after dieing just to kill that 1 dude who thinks he got a secret spot!.

Also I see your point on 5 being harder but i prefer being able to get up there and die while flagging compared to walk up the stairs of 4 and get C4'd.And smart people jump down from 4 as well

anyone know when the new OXM will be hitting news stands? I'm hot for that Lockdown mp demo.... I just renewed my subscription last week so i know i wont be getting this one in the mail either. Damn i hate paying $20 for these last 2 issues and then having to mail a check for $25 for an entire year.....

[quote name='$hady']anyone know when the new OXM will be hitting news stands? I'm hot for that Lockdown mp demo.... I just renewed my subscription last week so i know i wont be getting this one in the mail either. Damn i hate paying $20 for these last 2 issues and then having to mail a check for $25 for an entire year.....[/QUOTE]

I dont buy OXM very often so Its cheaper for me to just buy them for 5 dollars at EB.

I should get OXM, its a shitty magazine but its...

A)One of the only ways to view XBOX360 Trailers on my TV
B)The only way to play upcoming XBOX games...without being told to leave by a walmart employee
C)Got some exclusives every milllenia that actually make it worth reading
D)A magazine, and I need something to read on the can

Off to the deals forum...

bread's done
Back