Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rumors']Now there's just the question of 360 or ps3? Is live only marginally better than sonys service?[/QUOTE]

No, its MUCH better than what Sony has.

[quote name='JungleRot']Well as usual Amazon shows that they are Amazon Amazing!! I eat my words gladly. But in all honesty I have always sang Amazon's Praises but just not on video games now they have that too!!

Now will have to wait until after the release and get my $5 from BBY. Sorry BBY.

update: Yep deleted my own rant on the holier then thou brat[/QUOTE]

so if you preordered at best buy you just dont pick it up on release date and just come back and what cancel it? im in your situation. i preordered there but would rather take this deal instead. although i might have to hurry to ensure release date delivery.

[quote name='iggypop123']so if you preordered at best buy you just dont pick it up on release date and just come back and what cancel it? im in your situation. i preordered there but would rather take this deal instead. although i might have to hurry to ensure release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

I have a preorder ticket that says if not redeemed by 10/30/11 take the rcpt to be refunded at customer service.

My other preorders don't have this attached to the rcpt but I am assuming that they work the same way after five days the preorder expires and I can return it to customer service.

I could be reading it wrong though I am a little tired.

One thing I was worried about is TRU really seems to be stepping it up on new releases. Buy the game get a $25 TRU GC. They have done this on some big games soon after release. But this Amazon thing is to good to pass up. Even though I will get it late (not the first day). It is just a $5 difference if TRU does it. If they do maybe I can trade in one with bonus and come out alright. Or go for craigslist.

[quote name='aircobra']No, its MUCH better than what Sony has.[/QUOTE]

How is it "much" better? It might be better, but "MUCH better" is an exaggeration. I've used PSN for 4+ years now, and it's rarely failed me. The only significant difference in functionality I can see is the cross-game voice chat, but I don't really see the point of that. Also, more people have headsets on XBL, but I usually just mute people other than my friends anyway.

[quote name='Rumors']Now there's just the question of 360 or ps3? Is live only marginally better than sonys service?[/QUOTE]

The game is more-or-less the same on either platform. The main deciding factor is whether your friends play on 360 or PS3. You definitely want to play this game with a squad of your friends, as BF3 is all about teamwork and coordination.

Well the game is too big for a DVD, so it comes on two discs for the XBox 360 version. I don't like that, nor do I like that they have to compress the game down further to get it on outdated DVD format. PS3 version comes on one blu-ray. XBL is better than PSN, but I played a lot of CODMW2 on PSN and it was very comparable quality wise to XBL I've played over the past few years.

One negative that I view as a positive is that fewer people on PSN have a headset, since the PS3 doesn't come with one and the 360 does. This is a positive in that you don't have to hear punks yelling and cursing constantly and acting a fool. At least not as often..lol.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well the game is too big for a DVD, so it comes on two discs for the XBox 360 version. I don't like that, nor do I like that they have to compress the game down further to get it on outdated DVD format. PS3 version comes on one blu-ray. XBL is better than PSN, but I played a lot of CODMW2 on PSN and it was very comparable quality wise to XBL I've played over the past few years.

One negative that I view as a positive is that fewer people on PSN have a headset, since the PS3 doesn't come with one and the 360 does. This is a positive in that you don't have to hear punks yelling and cursing constantly and acting a fool. At least not as often..lol.[/QUOTE]

you know theirs a mute option, at least on xbl their is

[quote name='209chromatic']you know theirs a mute option, at least on xbl their is[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but depending on the game you may have to go to each gamertag individually and mute them. It's just more of a hassle on XBL, since there's just A LOT more mouthy, irritating little kids on XBL since they all have a headset.

Lol I'm just glad amazon came thru with this deal, for the fact that I was getting lynched in the begging of this thread by half of my fellow CAGs. Thanks amazon for clearing my name, I will never forget!!!!!!

[quote name='CaoPi']Everyone should take notice of a recent CAG being banned from Amazon for bragging about certain promotions. A $20 bragging is certainly not worth being banned and having your Amazon credit taken away!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392[/QUOTE]

Did you read his thread? Although amazon does not want us talking about promotions online, he did not get his account closed for "bragging." He thinks he got banned for order incidents, most of which were credits for problems with orders.

[quote name='Ace4692']Is it possible to get two separate $20 credits by placing one order for the 360 and then a completely different order for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Last time I got both credits (without even asking for it) for RAGE (Ps3/360), using the same account.

Yay, another time where a small group of CAGs embarrass the rest of us because they have poor impulse control and feel the need to badger Amazon CS reps incessantly over something.

Good job to those that can't wait it out for a day. :roll:

gonna have to cancel my gamestop preorder, just got in on this...with my prime trial, and release day delivery, it only makes perfect sense, i'm not going to do the midnight release for it, cause of being a working adult and all...if i would have stuck with my gamestop preorder, i would be getting it around noon tuesday, on my lunchbreak..instead of it waiting for me at home when i get home around 5 anyways. may as well reap the benefit of the $20 credit.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yay, another time where a small group of CAGs embarrass the rest of us because they have poor impulse control and feel the need to badger Amazon CS reps incessantly over something.

Good job to those that can't wait it out for a day. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Maybe we'll see some more "I Got Banned From Amazon!" posts. :)

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I didn't think anyone on this site would buy anything new at GameStop anyway.[/QUOTE]

Not true:

Devil Summoner 2 LE w/Plushie
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/gun for $19.99

Those two just jumped out at me (since maybe I jumped on them myself) but GS does have deals once in a while...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']
One negative that I view as a positive is that fewer people on PSN have a headset, since the PS3 doesn't come with one and the 360 does. This is a positive in that you don't have to hear punks yelling and cursing constantly and acting a fool. At least not as often..lol.[/QUOTE]
During all my time playing BC2, I only heard one person act a fool during that span. Let's just say it wasn't pretty for that person. :lol: Battlefield players don't put up with that shit.

As for all those players on PSN without headsets... The BF games are about teamwork. A small squad will rape a bunch of individuals every time. How can you work like a team without talking to each other... you can't.

[quote name='STaTIx']The only significant difference in functionality I can see is the cross-game voice chat, but I don't really see the point of that[/quote]
How not, especially in a game like Battlefield... For instance, say you have 6-7 friends and you alll want to play on the same team. Battlefield would split you in groups of 4 leaving communication between the other 2-3 not there. With the functionality you write off, we can all get in a party chat and communicate there since up to 8 people can be in it i.e. easier to plan big scale attacks.

The main deciding factor is whether your friends play on 360 or PS3.
Agreed. This should be the reason for ANY MP game.

[quote name='Bosamba']PSN gets the DLC one week earlier than Xbox live[/quote]
One week is fine. No biggie. It's not like the month PSN waits for CoD.

and the launch copies have Battlefield 1943 ($15 on PSN store) on the disc at no additional charge
Again, no problem. Those that wanted it probably already own in. Though its not like it has any effect on playing BF3.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I didn't think anyone on this site would buy anything new at GameStop anyway.[/QUOTE]
Well sadly they do get exclusive editions from time to time that require a purchase. Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature Edition is going to get me this year. :\

[quote name='thegame956']Lol I'm just glad amazon came thru with this deal, for the fact that I was getting lynched in the begging of this thread by half of my fellow CAGs. Thanks amazon for clearing my name, I will never forget!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I felt kinda bad for you bro...

It was pretty fuckED up how folks on this thread were going bat shit crazy on you when the deal wasn't live yet.

Good work OP!!

How long does it take for them to make he $20 credit available once you pre-order?

Also, can I use the credit on their Live 12 month online code?

I cancelled my Newegg pre-order with discount and jumped on this. It saves me $20 on another pre-order I already have instead of $12 on BF3. Thanks!

Good deal but the Beta on the 360 was REALLY bad. Was going to juust hold out for MW3.

Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='DX']Good deal but the Beta on the 360 was REALLY bad. Was going to juust hold out for MW3.

Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]
I heard that beta was actually an alpha ported in june or something I believe.

[quote name='thegame956']Lol I'm just glad amazon came thru with this deal, for the fact that I was getting lynched in the begging of this thread by half of my fellow CAGs. Thanks amazon for clearing my name, I will never forget!!!!!![/QUOTE]

nah forget those lynching you. thanks for the post or I may never have been around for the drop when it happened. :applause:

So I think I'm going to end up getting two $20 credits. Yesterday, I sent a very nicely worded e-mail to Amazon simply explaining the fact of the matter that if I did not recieve a $20 credit, that I would be taking my business to K-Mart, as they have a similar $20 credit deal. I don't know if this has anything to do with my luck here, but a couple years back I got a personal letter sent to me from the corporate head of Amazon stating I was exactly the kind of customer they were looking for, and as such in the past have been allowed many special priveleges such as the ability to return and refund items over a month after purchase. I've pretty much never complained over some stupid little grievance like apparently many of you CAGs do.

Anyway, I got an e-mail back issuing me a "one-time thing" $20 credit into my account "due to my history as an especially valued customer to Amazon". Now I find out there is a legitimate $20 credit deal happening, so it appears as though I'll probably be getting that as well upon the game's shipping. Have to say I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. There's a reason I take most all of my business to Amazon (not because they're exploitable, no), the customer service is just exceptional, almost to a fault.

I shall take the lynching, I shall take the stoning, and the insults, for in the end to provide my fellow CAGs some info or heads up, it Is all worth it in the end, it shall be Glorious. Tell them what happened here! Lol

so which system do you think is best to get it for? Xbox or PS3? most games get coded and designed for Xbox and then transferred to PS3 and that is why PS3 games have more issues and bugs when compared to xbox games. I heard that the resolution and colors look better in PS3 for this game. what are you thoughts?

They want to charge me .99 cents for release day shipping...:(. I'm torn between having the game on day 1 and the actuality that I'll even have time to play it on day 1!

Edit: Went ahead and paid the $0.99

[quote name='DANIEL']so which system do you think is best to get it for? Xbox or PS3? most games get coded and designed for Xbox and then transferred to PS3 and that is why PS3 games have more issues and bugs when compared to xbox games. I heard that the resolution and colors look better in PS3 for this game. what are you thoughts?[/QUOTE]
If you install it to your Xbox, I'm pretty sure its identical. If you opt not to, its Standard Definition. This has caused an uproar in System Warring communities, which I find the height of hypocrisy considering the PS3's mandatory installs. Apparently, if the install is optional the product is inferior or some bollocks like that :roll:.

Anyway, the game should be identical on either console.

[quote name='thegame85']They want to charge me .99 cents for release day shipping...:(. I'm torn between having the game on day 1 and the actuality that I'll even have time to play it on day 1![/QUOTE]

In my experience, UPS delivers it on release day around 7PM.

Also, whoever originally posted this deal, thanks a ton. I've been waiting for a deal on this, and I'm glad that I was patient.

It's hilarious people actually waited for the deal to go live to preorder. What a waste of time when you can just preorder and let the deal kick in on its own.

And I too am also embarrassed to be a CAG in times like this when hundreds of you harassed CSR's to get the deal that was never emailed to you.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's hilarious people actually waited for the deal to go live to preorder. What a waste of time when you can just preorder and let the deal kick in on its own.

And I too am also embarrassed to be a CAG in times like this when hundreds of you harassed CSR's to get the deal that was never emailed to you.[/QUOTE]
This is Cheap ASS Gamer not Polite Ass gamer. Also knowing UPS I'll wait all day only to have them deliver it the instant I'm gone.

I am getting release day even though I will not be playing on day 1, only because the Free shipping gives a date into the next week...for .99 I like to know my game is safe at home and not being crushed on a truck someplace.

[quote name='mewantgames']This is Cheap ASS Gamer not Polite Ass gamer. Also knowing UPS I'll wait all day only to have them deliver it the instant I'm gone.[/QUOTE]

It's possible to be a polite cheapass gamer.

If harassing people and begging to get deals is what it takes to be a cag then I guess I'm not.

I ain't speaking for cheappyd, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want his site to be the cause of thousands of whiny beggars harassing various companies to save a few bucks.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's hilarious people actually waited for the deal to go live to preorder. What a waste of time when you can just preorder and let the deal kick in on its own.[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems like other places had better deals at the time. That's why a lot of people are switching their pre-orders from Newegg now.

I had Gamestop credit to burn through and could've picked it up the game in the morning, so until Amazon offered $20, my pre-order was at GS.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's hilarious people actually waited for the deal to go live to preorder. What a waste of time when you can just preorder and let the deal kick in on its own.

And I too am also embarrassed to be a CAG in times like this when hundreds of you harassed CSR's to get the deal that was never emailed to you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because of the countless stories of CAGs getting screwed over with Amazon credit? Some people say they pre-ordered back in March and weren't told anything about any credit deal. There was a small window of people who pre-ordered on Oct 20th that should have gotten the credit, but didn't. I was waiting for either this deal to go live or drive to K-Mart (which is not near) for the $30 coupon.

Since I still have Dark Souls and Batman to play, plus Uncharted the week after I was just going to wait for a $40 dollar sale. Amazon made it difficult to pass up for $20 credit so I ordered it. Yes, the credit determined when I was going to buy it. Thanks, Amazon.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's possible to be a polite cheapass gamer.

If harassing people and begging to get deals is what it takes to be a cag then I guess I'm not.

I ain't speaking for cheappyd, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want his site to be the cause of thousands of whiny beggars harassing various companies to save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Nobody got upset until Amazon CS reps started giving out random bullshit answers. People who had pre-orders for months would not get in on the deal and people who pre-ordered in a random 6 hour window would? Amazon has only themselves to blame for this. If the reps had all stuck to one story, I doubt much of this would have happened.

amazon should have midnight delivery for certain titles lol, or make it like we get the game on late Mondays

[quote name='Rumors']I heard that beta was actually an alpha ported in june or something I believe.[/QUOTE]

The beta was Basically one of the very early builds that just had known bugs worked out, everything I. It was at least 3 months old, and was.very early graphics build....according to DICE

[quote name='Bluesilo']Since I still have Dark Souls and Batman to play, plus Uncharted the week after I was just going to wait for a $40 dollar sale. Amazon made it difficult to pass up for $20 credit so I ordered it. Yes, the credit determined when I was going to buy it. Thanks, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ditto this, I'm still very much into forza, have to start Batman, oh and 7 other games to beat.

I would've regretted getting the DD version if this credit was for PC version too. But yeah $42 for the PC version is the best I found for a non-Russian key. Preloading right now :)

bread's done
Back