Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I do not normally post, but I can confirm that I also received the email this morning. However, once I click the button "Learn More", it does not explicitly show the credit deal. So, it does not surprise me regarding the suspicion of this deal.

Email Content:
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Even tho I click on the link on my email that says $20 credit it takes me to the game page but no mention of it anywhere, got on chat with amazon about this and took them over 20 min after telling me to hold a little longer I just closed it. Sorry about this guys was just trying to get this info out to you all quick and seems like amazons mess up is making me look like a bad guy here. Sorry once again.

[quote name='209chromatic']Troll. No proof and only 2 persons have gotten the email, one being a new user.[/QUOTE]

So because I'm new I have no credibility? I received the email with the $20 credit, now whether it's a mistake or not I'm unable to verify at the moment. All I'm doing is confirming the email was sent.

I sent a tweet to @amazongames. Maybe they'll have something to say about it.

Also, people are posting about it in the forums on Amazon. Seems to be a decent number of people getting that email.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']why doesn't someone just contact customer support?[/QUOTE]

Some have without success. They posted the results in this thread. What did they say when you called?

Just wanted to let you guys know I also received this email. The deal probably hasn't started yet so take a chill pill guys. Amazon usually doesn't start their deals until 10AM PST. The day hasn't even started yet.

[quote name='garrett007']Please let this be true, I'll cancel my gamestop preorder even though I have it completely paid off and move it onto COD[/QUOTE]
that's what i'll do, except pay off mario 3DS & RE: Revalations 3DS.

guy in amazon thread talked to CSR, and they said it does apply to all existing preorders, but nothing about new ones (he didn't ask). we shall see.

[quote name='Lancezos']Just wanted to let you guys know I also received this email. The deal probably hasn't started yet so take a chill pill guys. Amazon usually doesn't start their deals until 10AM PST. The day hasn't even started yet.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll I'll check out the page at 1pm since I'm eastern. Doesn't it seem strange that this game is receiving a preorder bonus this late, with release next week?

[quote name='GBAstar']black ops received a last minute promo last year too[/QUOTE]

someone's always got to start a flame war about COD in the BF3 forum...jeez! ;)

[quote name='rey6eric']I guess I'll I'll check out the page at 1pm since I'm eastern. Doesn't it seem strange that this game is receiving a preorder bonus this late, with release next week?[/QUOTE]

I think that's how Amazon played it with Forza as well... so maybe its the new norm for them???

Amazon is the devil to my wallet ! The copy I ordered from Walmart already shipped but for $20 promotion credit, I will have to buy another one.

It's legit.

316m3jr.jpg

Will order once again when the credit goes live. Chances are it's gonna go live later today.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']It's legit.

Will order once again when the credit goes live. Chances are it's gonna go live later today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the screenshot. Too bad it doesnt retroactively apply to those 42 PC-DL preorders. lol

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']It's legit.

Will order once again when the credit goes live. Chances are it's gonna go live later today.[/QUOTE]

Seems it only applies to consoles? That's a shame for all of us PC gamers. :(

I hope my game trade in credit is approved by Monday, one package arrived Thursday & my other 2 will be delivered today. At least I hope that the deal lasts till Tuesday or Wednesday.

Funny how $20 credit can make you want a game.

I don't want to sound self-entitled, but it's about time. As awesome as this is, why would Amazon wait until this late to add promo credit? Now that everyone has pre-ordered from other places and has to go cancel them. Not that its a huge hassel, it just doesn't make sense. Maybe it is a smart move though, because now they have the best offer and competition might not have time to match it before everyone goes with Amazon.

[quote name='grantme']I hope my game trade in credit is approved by Monday, one package arrived Thursday & my other 2 will be delivered today. At least I hope that the deal lasts till Tuesday or Wednesday.

Funny how $20 credit can make you want a game.[/QUOTE]

$20 = 33% - pretty good incentive in my book.

i've been holding off pre-ordering in hopes of a last minute deal...fingers crossed!

[quote name='grantme']Funny how $20 credit can make you want a game.[/QUOTE]

Haha its true. After the beta, I had actually decided to not get the game. But now that I can essentially getting it for $40 and use my $20 promo credit for MW3 (which hopefully will have a deal of its own) I'm gonna pick this game up. Plus it would suck if I decided somewhere down the line that I wanted the game, and I ended up getting the regular edition and had to pay for the back to karkland map pack. I read somewhere on these forums that they aren't going to overproduce the LE.

Will definitely switch from Best Buy to Amazon if this goes down...hoping it does. Don't really care about Spectact or the Dogtags, but $20 is very nice :D

Dang.. some of the people in this thread are so angry. Chill out!

Thanks for the heads up OP and the user posting that picture. I wasn't going to pick this up after not caring much for the beta, but a $20 giftcard is nice to put towards skyrim. I guess I'll be playing BF3 with my friends now.

[quote name='strait edge follower']When this goes live ill probibly preorder. As What I would use the credit on I don't know but I have it for a year so its all good ![/QUOTE]

When Arkham City inevitably drops to $39.99 in a month or so, I'll use it to knock it down to $19.99. That seems to be how just about all of the hot new releases have been (LA Noire, Dead Space 2, etc.) earlier this year so I'm hoping the same happens with Batman. The only game I'm buying at release is BF3 because of the multiplayer, and all of us are migrating from BFBC2. :applause:

I'll use the credit on a PSN gift card... oh wait they don't sell those anymore.

I intend to use the credit towards the new BF3-themed "SNIPR" edition FPS Freek controller attachments. FPS Freeks count as videogame items, right? It'd better.

[quote name='Double-J']When Arkham City inevitably drops to $39.99 in a month or so, I'll use it to knock it down to $19.99. That seems to be how just about all of the hot new releases have been (LA Noire, Dead Space 2, etc.) earlier this year so I'm hoping the same happens with Batman. The only game I'm buying at release is BF3 because of the multiplayer, and all of us are migrating from BFBC2. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Hmm I might do that for ass creed. Etzio and altier will be mad as I always get those games in the series at launch but that was when I was a dumb gamestop shopper lol. Assassins creed games drop in price fast so the wait should pay off

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']$20 off Skyrim for me means that I'll be paying $15 total for BF3 and ESV. Now that's being a CAG =)[/QUOTE]

How do you get the skyrim for $20 off. Please let us know :)

[quote name='harish7447']How do you get the skyrim for $20 off. Please let us know :)[/QUOTE]

I think he meant by using the $20 gift card from this deal on Skyrim.

Has anyone canceled an order with promo credit applied to it? Is the credit refunded immediately to your account?

does anyone know what are the amazon rules about the credits.Is it one $20 Battlefield 3 credit per amazon account, per person/house?
If anyone knows for sure,
Thanks so much

Hurry up amazon? I was planning on heading to BB this weekend to trade in some games and preorder. Like this deal better

[quote name='Trakan']Has anyone canceled an order with promo credit applied to it? Is the credit refunded immediately to your account?[/QUOTE]
Long as it wasn't credit that had an expiration (and has since expired) it will be credited immediately.

bread's done
Back