Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musicjunkie']Long as it wasn't credit that had an expiration (and has since expired) it will be credited immediately.[/QUOTE]

I thought you lost the credit if you cancelled the preorder. The terms state that it's basically a "coupon" and once applied, is considered used, no matter if you actually follow through and purchase the game or not.

I tried contacting chat and I'm pretty sure I talked to him:

20080802_stiller.jpg

[quote name='blitztwn36']I thought you lost the credit if you cancelled the preorder. The terms state that it's basically a "coupon" and once applied, is considered used, no matter if you actually follow through and purchase the game or not.[/QUOTE]

I cancel orders with promotional credits all the time. You get it back instantly to your account.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Haha its true. After the beta, I had actually decided to not get the game. But now that I can essentially getting it for $40 and use my $20 promo credit for MW3 (which hopefully will have a deal of its own) I'm gonna pick this game up. Plus it would suck if I decided somewhere down the line that I wanted the game, and I ended up getting the regular edition and had to pay for the back to karkland map pack. I read somewhere on these forums that they aren't going to overproduce the LE.[/QUOTE]
Why do people seem to think this way, you're not getting BF3 for $40 and $20 credit, you're getting it for $60 plus a $20 credit which you have to purchase something else in order to use. Anyways i hope this credit deal is true so i can cancel my newegg order.

[quote name='mewantgames']Why do people seem to think this way, you're not getting BF3 for $40 and $20 credit, you're getting it for $60 plus a $20 credit which you have to purchase something else in order to use. Anyways i hope this credit deal is true so i can cancel my newegg order.[/QUOTE]

He said essentially getting it for $40, then he said he's using his $20 credit on MW3. He'll really be getting MW3 for 40 and BF3 for 60, but it works either way since he's getting both. I think you just understood him wrong.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I cancel orders with promotional credits all the time. You get it back instantly to your account.[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to know moving forward. Thanks.

[quote name='Trakan']Has anyone canceled an order with promo credit applied to it? Is the credit refunded immediately to your account?[/QUOTE]
You can't cancel an order once you get the promo credit, because they do not email it until it ships.

I am not being sarcastic when asking the following question.

Is there anything worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for the 360?

I have BF3 paid off at GS. Thought it wouldn't get a credit anywhere and figured I could flip the code for the expansion and warfare pack on Ebay, while getting it faster than from Amazon. However, if this is true, I will cancel it and shift the pre-order to something else. I looked through the pre-order listings on the pre-order thread and nothing stands out. So ... Is there anything worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for the 360?

Awesome, wasn't planning on getting it but if this is true then I'll definitely get it.

The promo comes for the PS3 version too right?

[quote name='Jurassic425']Haha its true. After the beta, I had actually decided to not get the game. But now that I can essentially getting it for $40 and use my $20 promo credit for MW3 (which hopefully will have a deal of its own) I'm gonna pick this game up. Plus it would suck if I decided somewhere down the line that I wanted the game, and I ended up getting the regular edition and had to pay for the back to karkland map pack. I read somewhere on these forums that they aren't going to overproduce the LE.[/QUOTE]
:lol:How many times in recent memory has a company put "Limited Edition" on a game and there's still copies of that LE floating around and those finally get clearanced? I don't trust an LE to be truly "limited" anymore.

But just like the Dark Souls CE free upgrade(which apparently only GS received large amounts of) this is a nice added bonus for those who were already considering the game. Originally that was NOT me, but since I have almost $200 in Amazon credit as of now I might as well grab this.

Then I'll grab LOTR: War In The North(which also is getting a $20 promo credit) and that means I can order Uncharted 3(which releases the week after next) for $20 after applying both promo credits.:)

If this goes into effect, I will be cancelling my preorder with Best Buy today! Or I just may go to Kmart to use my $30 coupon.

[quote name='Narsis84']I am not being sarcastic when asking the following question.

Is there anything worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for the 360?

I have BF3 paid off at GS. Thought it wouldn't get a credit anywhere and figured I could flip the code for the expansion and warfare pack on Ebay, while getting it faster than from Amazon. However, if this is true, I will cancel it and shift the pre-order to something else. I looked through the pre-order listings on the pre-order thread and nothing stands out. So ... Is there anything worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for the 360?[/QUOTE]
AC:Revalations since it has a super edition that has extra sp & mp content (Vlad the Impaler's castle, and get his sword to take back to the main game when you beat that area). Skyrim, also for early next year, FFXIII-2, Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning, Witcher 2, Ghost Recon, Xcom, Mass Effect3,

Wow, so not only would they fuck over the PC community again, but they'd do it in secrecy? Who took over at Amazon because I've become a broken record of poor customer service lately. I guess it has to be true if at least a few people are reporting getting the email, but damn this is a dumb way to promote a game credit. I can't ever recall Amazon doing something like this.

[quote name='Jodou'] ....Who took over at Amazon because I've become a broken record of poor customer service lately. I guess it has to be true if at least a few people are reporting getting the email, but damn this is a dumb way to promote a game credit. I can't ever recall Amazon doing something like this.[/QUOTE]
QFMFT!! (quoted for MF truth)

Last edited by a moderator:
I might buy this if the $20 credit is true. I've got my $20 from GoW3, so would move the chain along with this. Undecided, though, even if it's true.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, so not only would they fuck over the PC community again, but they'd do it in secrecy? Who took over at Amazon because I've become a broken record of poor customer service lately. I guess it has to be true if at least a few people are reporting getting the email, but damn this is a dumb way to promote a game credit. I can't ever recall Amazon doing something like this.[/QUOTE]

PC games almost never get credit deals at any retailer (Amazon, BBY's 5/100 deal, etc). I really don't understand why you happen to be getting upset at this specific instance when you had no real reason to expect they would ever give promo credit to the PC versions.

And to defend Amazon they've been pretty damn good to the PC community as of late. For instance they had the digital copies of BF3 and AC:R at 42 and 35 respectively.

[quote name='Narsis84']
Is there anything worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for the 360?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='twztid13']AC:Revalations since it has a super edition that has extra sp & mp content (Vlad the Impaler's castle, and get his sword to take back to the main game when you beat that area).[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest AC:R as well, if you're interested in that series. Gamestop is the only retailer in the US offering the Signature Edition which has a good amount of bonuses for the exact same price as a standard edition of the game anywhere else.

Also, if you can't find anything to pre-order right now, just keep the money in your PUR account or gift card. There's no expiration date on your money.

I didn't read every single post but I am going to throw this out there anyway.

I do not believe that AMZ is going to give $20 promo on one of the top 5 games of the year if not top 2. It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Over a month and a half ago preorders were over a million and a half. Where BC 2 sold two million plus in the first month battlefield 3 is set to way out do those numbers. I am not aware of current PO numbers though but I am sure they are very high.

If this is true it would be amazon amazing!!

[quote name='bk187']PC games almost never get credit deals at any retailer (Amazon, BBY's 5/100 deal, etc). I really don't understand why you happen to be getting upset at this specific instance when you had no real reason to expect they would ever give promo credit to the PC versions.

And to defend Amazon they've been pretty damn good to the PC community as of late. For instance they had the digital copies of BF3 and AC:R at 42 and 35 respectively.[/QUOTE]
Really, Rage certainly didn't just have a $10 credit did it now? When I'm expected to start paying the same price as console games, they damn well need to treat us no different.

And the digital argument is laughable. Yes, lets pretend with no physical product that we're getting an amazing deal when some of us don't even consider it an option. Compare apples to apples, please.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, so not only would they fuck over the PC community again, but they'd do it in secrecy? Who took over at Amazon because I've become a broken record of poor customer service lately. I guess it has to be true if at least a few people are reporting getting the email, but damn this is a dumb way to promote a game credit. I can't ever recall Amazon doing something like this.[/QUOTE]

How are they fucking over the pc community ? If anything they have been getting some of the best deals latley (ea origin comes to mind). Pc games get so cheap so fast so you have nothing to worry about

[quote name='JungleRot']I didn't read every single post but I am going to throw this out there anyway.

I do not believe that AMZ is going to give $20 promo on one of the top 5 games of the year if not top 2. It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Over a month and a half ago preorders were over a million and a half. Where BC 2 sold two million plus in the first month battlefield 3 is set to way out do those numbers. I am not aware of current PO numbers though but I am sure they are very high.

If this is true it would be amazon amazing!![/QUOTE]

They gave Black Ops a 20 credit last year just saying.
Though this year they have indeed been much more stingy with 20 credits and only giving them to some very odd games. (Green Lantern and Lord of the Rings are examples)

Me:Will I be getting the $20 gaming credit?
Mai:Hello Michael, my name is Mai.
Me:hi
Mai:Hi, Michael. I'll be happy to look into your question.
Me:got the following email
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.
so I ordered
didn't see the credit during the buying process
will I still receive it?
Mai:Let me go ahead and check. Just give me few moments.
Me:k
Mai:Thanks.
Thanks for waiting, Michael.
You still receive the $20 promotional credit once the item ship out.
Me:awesome, thanks a bunch!!!

[quote name='JungleRot']
I do not believe that AMZ is going to give $20 promo on one of the top 5 games of the year if not top 2.[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking as well. I'm not expecting much in terms of promotional credit for MW3 either.

However, as release day approaches, if they did offer a last minute promotion, it would leave no time for their competitors to match them. As a lot of you have already mentioned, pre-orders at other places will be canceled, shifted over to Amazon. More $ coming into Amazon is a good thing for them. Sneaky last minute move.

My heart is hoping it happens, but my brain says nah.

[quote name='Jodou']Really, Rage certainly didn't just have a $10 credit did it now? When I'm expected to start paying the same price as console games, they damn well need to treat us no different.

And the digital argument is laughable. Yes, lets pretend with no physical product that we're getting an amazing deal when some of us don't even consider it an option. Compare apples to apples, please.[/QUOTE]

1. Rage was the exception, not the rule. Also, blame EA for choosing to sell BF3 at 60 rather than 50, not the retailers.

2. It is apples to apples considering PC games are all pretty much locked with a single CD key making physical discs worthless when the game just gets activated on Origin/Steam/Battle.net/etc anyways. You can't really resell physical PC games so all having a physical copy does for you is make your shelves look pretty and speed up install times by a little bit since you don't have download an install file. If we were talking digital copies of console games it would be apples and oranges but with PC games digital copies are pretty damn similar to their physical counterparts.

I feel your pain that PC gamers get the short end of the stick and that that end is getting shorter and shorter. That being said, your gripe with Amazon seems odd when they really have done well by PC users as of late.

"Me: Does pre-ordering Battlefield 3 come with $20 of promotional credit?
Lorrie Jean:Thanks for waiting. Yes, it does a $20 of promotional credit for pre-orders. Anything else I can help you with?"

Alright so its confirmed. Still on the fence about getting this game, though.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oh boy....you guys don't even want to know what was told to me over chat...it will just piss you guys off...A LOT! :bomb: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Select customers only. That's what I was told earlier but they would forward my concerns to the marketing team.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oh boy....you guys don't even want to know what was told to me over chat...it will just piss you guys off...A LOT! :bomb: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Come on doink the clown tell us ! It can't be that bad right ?

Did raja say to fuck off?

If not you can't tease like that

[quote name='kill3r7']Select customers only. That's what I was told earlier but they would forward my concerns to the marketing team.[/QUOTE]

If this ymmv crap is true I will transfer all of my amazon credit to bestbuy credit. That will show them.

[quote name='strait edge follower']If this ymmv crap is true I will transfer all of my amazon credit to bestbuy credit. That will show them.[/QUOTE]

Raja (customer rep) is an idiot but I wouldn't be shocked if the deal was exclusive. They already did this with their most recent CC promo.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If that was true, then the email would have contained a promo code or a special link just for those customers.[/QUOTE]

exactly :applause:

[quote name='bk187']2. It is apples to apples considering PC games are all pretty much locked with a single CD key making physical discs worthless when the game just gets activated on Origin/Steam/Battle.net/etc anyways. You can't really resell physical PC games so all having a physical copy does for you is make your shelves look pretty and speed up install times by a little bit since you don't have download an install file.[/QUOTE]
Ha well, don't even get me started on that issue because I'll filibuster you. ;)

I'm just oldschool and like having a shiny new box to open, so we'll leave it at that. And you're right, it's corporate greed that inflates PC pricing but the retailer still has the option to lessen the blow. I think nobody would agree Amazon should harbor such a divide on who deserves credit more: console or PC gamers.

saw this on the www

Thank you for waiting.
Only the orders placed on October 20, 2011 between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT are eligible to receive $20 credit.
This promo was run only for 1 day between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT on October 20, 2011.

John:Thank you. Let me check this first.
Ray I've found out that the $20 promotion runs out if you place the order on October 20 between 6pm and 12mn.
In your case, you've placed the order last October 19, it is not qualified for the one day promotion.

Me:Wait you guys only had a promotion for 6 hours? and because I pre-ordered earlier I am getting punished?

I went through checkout just in case if that message above says you'll receive 20 promo credit and etc. and nothing. I guess hoping the weekend it pops up and if not then oh well. The beta left a bitter taste in my mouth, I want Bad Company back.

I just talked to a rep named Mani about my preorder from last month and he told me that the only way to have gotten the $20 promotion would have been to order the game between 18:00:00 PDT and 23:00:00 PDT. He said it didn't apply to my previous preorder and that I couldn't cancel it and re-preorder to get the deal. I guess some of us are SOL

bread's done
Back