Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the 99 Cent Release Day Delivery actually mean im gonna get it on Tuesday?
Its a stupid question I know but it seems to good to be true.

[quote name='Von Ondine']Just pick it up from Gamestop and redeem the codes for their exclusives. Then when you get your Amazon copy redeem the dog tag pack code and return the sealed Amazon copy back to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Does Amazon email you their code or something? I've never ordered from them before, and this seems like a really good idea(assuming i don't have to open the game to get the tags).

[quote name='JMAVERIX']Is the 99 Cent Release Day Delivery actually mean im gonna get it on Tuesday?
Its a stupid question I know but it seems to good to be true.[/QUOTE]

It should. There have been instances where people have said they didn't get it on that day, but I have always received all mine on release day.

[quote name='CaseX']It should. There have been instances where people have said they didn't get it on that day, but I have always received all mine on release day.[/QUOTE]

And I dont need to be an Amazon Prime member to get that right?

[quote name='Lucky13']
thSmily-LMAO-Oops.gif

Sure we could go all
tribe.gif
on him I suppose lol[/QUOTE]
:lol:Interesting smileys. I found one(two smileys beating a dead horse:lol:) that I was using quite often, but I can't remember what site I saw them on.

Promotional credit usually comes when the game ships. Most of the time, you'll get it right on release date. Now I can get $20 off Uncharted 3 or Modern Warfare 3.

So glad I canceled my order at Gamestop.

[quote name='Calinks']Why would he make this up? I believe it. May pre order after a deal like this.[/QUOTE]

See my unwavering faith in the decency of my fellow CAG's is rewarded once again. TC is vindicated!

[quote name='JMAVERIX']And I dont need to be an Amazon Prime member to get that right?[/QUOTE]

I believe its 99cents for rdd without amazon prime. Its a great deal, the shipping i mean :D

[quote name='JMAVERIX']And I dont need to be an Amazon Prime member to get that right?[/QUOTE]

For prime member release-date delivery is FREE.
For regular members it cost $0.99.
I have used this service a lot, and I have received my games on release day 95% of the time.
Amazon is awesome!

[quote name='TraBuch']Wonder why PC versions never get any promotional credit.[/QUOTE]
Battlefield 3 PC was $42 not to long ago as a DD so the only point in buying a boxed copy is if you wanted a disc for re installation purposes. All boxed copies and DD ones uses origin.

You know, I am not an abuser. I am not a scammer. I am not a new CAG, and I find Amazon's behavior on this one to be irreprehensible.

I canceled my preorder of over 4 months, and I will be keeping it that way. I was lied to by a CSR, I was disconnected, and I was told that there would be absolutely no bonus.

It's a matter of principal. Had I been treated like a customer that has spent every cent used for new games in the last 4 years @ their company, I would feel different. Instead I was treated like a guy that tried to preorder today because of something he heard, that was trying to scam a promo credit.

fuck Amazon. Looks like B&M or Newegg from here on out.

[quote name='Guilty']You know, I am not an abuser. I am not a scammer. I am not a new CAG, and I find Amazon's behavior on this one to be irreprehensible.

I canceled my preorder of over 4 months, and I will be keeping it that way. I was lied to by a CSR, I was disconnected, and I was told that there would be absolutely no bonus.

It's a matter of principal. Had I been treated like a customer that has spent every cent used for new games in the last 4 years @ their company, I would feel different. Instead I was treated like a guy that tried to preorder today because of something he heard, that was trying to scam a promo credit.

fuck Amazon. Looks like B&M or Newegg from here on out.[/QUOTE]

A Veteran CAG/Amazon'er like yourself should know Amazon Tier 1 customer care is standard at best. It's the "did I resolve your problem" button on those emails that gets you places. Can you blame an entity that large, that not all of their GLOBAL call center staff knew about a limited run promotional email? Social media blew them up, CAG/SD/FW blew up the chat/phone lines - Consumers won.

Amazon is still amazing. If you ditch them after this long...

come-on-son1.jpg

[quote name='Organ Donor']Ordered. Thanks, OP! Now to cancel my newegg preorder...[/QUOTE]

+ 1
Now if only Amazon had this substantial of a deal on other recent new release I would have bought them.

[quote name='mgford11']A Veteran CAG/Amazon'er like yourself should know Amazon Tier 1 customer care is standard at best. It's the "did I resolve your problem" button on those emails that gets you places. Can you blame an entity that large, that not all of their GLOBAL call center staff knew about a limited run promotional email? Social media blew them up, CAG/SD/FW blew up the chat/phone lines - Consumers won.

come-on-son1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks OP, this $20 will come in handy for Amazon's Black Friday gold box event (if it was anything like last year...I'm going to be broke again in December).

[quote name='Bosamba']+ 1
Now if only Amazon had this substantial of a deal I would have bought some recent releases from them before this.[/QUOTE]

They had a lot of $20 credit pre-order deals in the past couple of years. It's only this year that the credits have been lacking.

Dang this got big fast, 24 pages? Rather than burn hours sifting through it, what should I do if I have a PO at GS? Their bonus seems to be the best of the bunch and I know they never pricematch. Any idea if I could still get their bonus and return the game before the 7 days is up? I've taken back new games before saying I found a lower price elsewhere but never had a PO or bonus attached. Why couldn't 'Zon just have run a big sale on the other games I want to pick up?

[quote name='DP2']Dang this got big fast, 24 pages? Rather than burn hours sifting through it, what should I do if I have a PO at GS? Their bonus seems to be the best of the bunch and I know they never pricematch. Any idea if I could still get their bonus and return the game before the 7 days is up? I've taken back new games before saying I found a lower price elsewhere but never had a PO or bonus attached. Why couldn't 'Zon just have run a big sale on the other games I want to pick up?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if you have a pre-order. When you pick it up and pay the whole price, it converts over to a regular purchase. Then you can return it within their return window (30 days or whatever it is).

[quote name='CaseX']Doesn't matter if you have a pre-order. When you pick it up and pay the whole price, it converts over to a regular purchase. Then you can return it within their return window (30 days or whatever it is).[/QUOTE]

It's already paid for, I had some GC's to use. Just wasn't sure how their bonus would work but saw their site says it's printed on the receipt. I would likely lose the double rewards credit there too even though I'd just put the money towards Uncharted 3 or something. However that left me with a new Q, can I even use these bonus items from the get-go? During the beta I found different classes get different items, so there's a chance the GS bonus may do me no good if I stick to one class. I guess the Karkand pack is the important one for the maps and both places offer that. What to do...

[quote name='mgford11']A Veteran CAG/Amazon'er like yourself should know Amazon Tier 1 customer care is standard at best. It's the "did I resolve your problem" button on those emails that gets you places. Can you blame an entity that large, that not all of their GLOBAL call center staff knew about a limited run promotional email? Social media blew them up, CAG/SD/FW blew up the chat/phone lines - Consumers won.

[/QUOTE]

I know it's harsh, but I remember a time when the Zon at least ACTED like they valued gamers as customers. In my opinion, it has become less and less so.

I look at it like this... they are suffering the "ebay" curse. They have blown right the fuck up over a period of 6 years or so, and in that time they have become... obese. You know... too big for their britches.

I am not gonna budge, reason be damned.

Of course nothing will come of it, until the next guy gets fed up with them, and then the next. What do they have left... 5 years? 10 max? Their policies are getting to be a bit too restrictive. The next big sleeping dragon will rise up and take their crown and that will be fine by me.

The irony in all of this is that I was FINE with NO preorder bonus. It was when I showed them PROOF, and was disconnected, that I get a little irritated.

If my wife wasn't vag deep in kindle books I would just cancel them altogether.

I have the xbox version pre ordered on origin for $47 shipped. I know in the long run I would save like $8 more with amazon but is it worth it to pay 60 off the bat when I don't have much game spending money... ugh I cant make my mind up. The next time I'll buy games will probably be on back Friday.

Sweet! I just switched my pre-order from NewEgg to Amazon.

$60 + $20 credit + RRD + dog tags > $47.99 shipped.

Thanks to all the CAGs that bugged Amazon enough to open this credit up for everybody.

I knew the OP wasnt full of shit all along. How dumb would that be. Wasnt going to get this game but suppose I will now if only to try it out and trade it in. I suck at online FPSs.

The site shows the $20 credit right now. I took a print screen and saved it in a word doc. Order away and you will for sure get it now.

------------------------
$20 Credit Plus Amazon Exclusive Dog Tag Pack and Limited Edition Bonuses
Order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for Xbox 360 or PS3 and receive a $20 promotional credit plus the Amazon exclusive Dog Tag Pack as well as the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. Promotional credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you within two days after your order ships. Limit one per customer. The Limited Edition content will be available in the product packaging. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

I picked this up, had cancelled it before cause I had Gamestop credit. I will now just pick up the one from Gamestop then return it so I can get the preorder bonus.

So after people were busying all day to contact the customer service, this 20 credit just showed up? Thanks OP. Just preordered one.

Yuck, don't buy CoD. Activision stopped trying years ago, none of their games are worth owning/playing anymore. They drove GH into the dirt.

all set now, this deal made me cancel BB, now i won't be part of buy 5 and get 100. only going to buy 3 gms this fall from BB, b/c i have BB giftcards

[quote name='BegFourMercy']The site shows the $20 credit right now. I took a print screen and saved it in a word doc. Order away and you will for sure get it now.

------------------------
$20 Credit Plus Amazon Exclusive Dog Tag Pack and Limited Edition Bonuses
Order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for Xbox 360 or PS3 and receive a $20 promotional credit plus the Amazon exclusive Dog Tag Pack as well as the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. Promotional credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you within two days after your order ships. Limit one per customer. The Limited Edition content will be available in the product packaging. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

haha, me too..just incase something happens...but it wont cuz amazon and amazon customer service fucking rocks

thanks cag..group hug :grouphug:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:Interesting smileys. I found one(two smileys beating a dead horse:lol:) that I was using quite often, but I can't remember what site I saw them on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sometimes I beat my dead horse
deadhorse.gif
too but most of the time when I'm on CAG I'm at work and don't have the time to bust out the coolness
fro.gif

thanks OP, found a way to use my promo credits

I wonder how to receive an advanced deal email from Amazon like this. I only got the weekly deal and some random new games emails.

Given I've already preordered this game... I don't need to go through canceling the game and re-preorder the game again for the $20 promotional credit do I?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Given I've already preordered this game... I don't need to go through canceling the game and re-preorder the game again for the $20 promotional credit do I?[/QUOTE]

Nope, if it doesn't arrive just contact Amazon and they'll give it to you.

Goddamn I love you Amazon. I've been holding off on my BF3 preorder just hoping that Amazon would put up a promo, ANY promo, and they reward my wait with a $20 one? And Skyrim is right around the corner? I fucking love you Amazon. I'm so glad I signed up for Prime with them. Free release day shipping too. One ps3 version ordered! :)

[quote name='exaznkid']i understand where ur coming from, and i see how folks can be a little bit irritated, as always i appreciate civil responses
I just like to keep in mind that some users are very new to CAG or even online shopping or deal, so I'd much rather support them and point them in the right direction
But that means there is a place for the both of us, there's gotta be someone whose a hardass on the demanding users who feel entitled to answers[/QUOTE]

Don't look now but your age is showing. Your posts blasting new people after getting helpful advice was extremely rued and childish. Only a child packs so much experience and weight into that one little year and then blasts somebody that YOU ASSUMED has a few months less. You see that shows your age. First you overvalued that experience (truth is lack of) of such a short time and second you assumed. Just because my account shows a certain date do not EVER make an assumption off of that AGAIN.

In truth your LACK of experience shows, as you repeated one silly thing that was plain for all to see after another and another all while talking in circles only making yourself seem even more inexperienced and naive. Where if you had any maturity at all you would have realized what you are accusing is what you are doing.

You are the one that hurt cag and this thread by clogging it up with your obviously inexperienced butt and silly posts. Next time just admit to being to lazy to read a few posts and if given helpful advice then don't bite like you have some holier then thou right to.

You see when I ask a lazy question or stupid one I usually preface it with that and then take the reaming I deserve for that.

Hear is a final piece of advice.... don't be so righteous you are not a seasoned vet over me or anyone else ....obviously. Get some real experience under your belt then come talk to me.

[quote name='JungleRot']Well I have never pre-ordered a game from amazon or any new game for that matter. I have ordered from AWD. This just confirms that while great in many areas video games is not one of them. I will have to give BBY my money and actually fulfill my preorder next week.[/QUOTE]

Well as usual Amazon shows that they are Amazon Amazing!! I eat my words gladly. But in all honesty I have always sang Amazon's Praises but just not on video games now they have that too!!

Now will have to wait until after the release and get my $5 from BBY. Sorry BBY.

update: Yep deleted my own rant on the holier then thou brat

This is just awesome and why I love amazon, or "Slamazon" as I call it.

I decided to preorder last night because of the Mass Effect 3 tie-in news, so this just sweetens the deal!

bread's done
Back