Battlefield: Bad Company 2 | (30 Sep.) Mp. Gameplay Trailer

[quote name='WrexManor']how long is this game?[/QUOTE]

Game's not really about the SP honestly. If you're only looking to get it for that, just rent it then since it's only around six hours.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Wait, no... Not ALL of the DLC will be free with the code. They are keeping back content from the full release and offering it to people. After that I'm sure the future DLC will cost money for everyone.

Uncharted 2 I think did have few content updates which you didn't need a code for, and thus EVERYONE (new or used) could download that... Borderlands too perhasps.[/QUOTE]

well, you get a VIP code where you get the first dlc for free and at least another at the end of march for free. possibly more down the road. uncharted gave us the fort for free, but im really against them charging for the 2 new maps. in battlefield, even though i adore this games online, more than likely wont buy maps if they charge for them.

borderlands updates were just fixing glitches that should have been tested before they shipped the game out but they had to get it out before MW2 hit. would have been awesome if we got the zombie island dlc for free for buying it new.

also, that ign review was crap. did that guy really just complain about the matches ending abruptly? how the fuck do you want them to end once all objectives are blown or the attackers run out of tickets?

[quote name='8bitArtist'] in battlefield, even though i adore this games online, more than likely wont buy maps if they charge for them.
[/QUOTE]

Same here unless they make a Strike at Karkand II map. Then I'll be all over that, but that is just wishful thinking.

[quote name='Gspoon']I don't think of it being as much of a big deal as other people. If you buy a NEW copy you get the code for the maps if you buy used you don't. It will cost you 59.99+tax to get them or 55.99+tax+15. I would imagine that you should be able to find the LE on shelf's for a while until they sellout and restock with reg ed.

You avatar makes me sad every time I see it I loved LIFE it a great show.
RIP Captain Winters.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't mind what EA is doing now with this $15 dollar bonus DLC if you buy new. I doubt this will even be a big deal right now since everybody will be buying new for the first week or two till copies start showing up on ebay or gamestop. I just hate the fact that it is maps that is exclusive, since those always divide the community up. Especially in MGO. I wish they gave some kind of other bonus, maybe other guns, skins for guns or a bonus perk.

Also my psn is JetTone, I'm getting it from Amazon so I probably won't have the game till a week after. I usually play in a squad with my friend, but I'll play with whomever. Also, I discovered in the demo that when my friend and I played, it made our squad private, but we couldn't figure out how to change that since I finally noticed on the last day or two of the demo, does anybody know?

Loved Life and Band of Brothers. Damn NBC and Jay Leno for canceling such a good show.

i didnt have a chance to play the beta/demo. i probably cant get my last 40 levels out of mag before bc2 release. any more pointers to get started?

supplice - is your mag clan going to switch?

im up for squads. im a pretty good squad leader in mag. but i dont know how that will translate.

[quote name='enufs8d']i didnt have a chance to play the beta/demo. i probably cant get my last 40 levels out of mag before bc2 release. any more pointers to get started?

supplice - is your mag clan going to switch?

im up for squads. im a pretty good squad leader in mag. but i dont know how that will translate.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah we are switching, but the only "Clan" you can form only consists of the 4-player squad your in. You can join friend's games so that everyone is on the same team (having multiple squads of friends), but in Battlefield: BC2--you are just limited to talking with your squad and not the others. That is kind of a drawback going from M.A.G. to BF:BC2.

As for pointers: here is a link to a video I posted awhile back that can help out anyone new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']you are just limited to talking with your squad and not the others.[/QUOTE]

only if youre in a squad. if you arent in a squad, you can talk to anyone else not in a squad. one game i had 5 or 6 other people talking, although it got annoying cuz there was way to much chatter.

so, you must choose, do you want to be in a squad and be able to spawn on people and get more points or do you want to be able to talk to more people.

[quote name='darken']Does anyone know if the free LE dlc is time sensitive?

What I'm referring to is what they did with Dragon Age. The dlc offered to gamers in that expires April 10, 2010. I didn't see anything about that with ME2 and BFBC2.[/QUOTE]

The ME2 code card I have here says dec 31, 2010 is when it expires.

It hasn't allowed me to connect to the EA servers for a day now. Kinda sucks because I wanted to practice a bit before the game drops on Tuesday

[quote name='kurrptsenate']It hasn't allowed me to connect to the EA servers for a day now. Kinda sucks because I wanted to practice a bit before the game drops on Tuesday[/QUOTE]

You mean the demo? That phased ended on the 25th I believe.

Gamestop just texted me, says they will be having a midnight launch for this so you might check your local stores too if you want it early.

mine is a freaking half hour away. so pissed. i have 3 gamestops with in a freaking 5 mile radius and none of them are doing the midnight sale.

I will be getting this Tuesday and I'd like some people to group up with! Add me if you're getting this, especiially if you play late at night!

Yep, its coming to me in the mail early Tuesday, but not a damn thing I can do until Sony provides a fix for my PS3.

I hope the PSN problem fixed so I can play this game online.Its basically the only reason I went out and pre-ordered this game so I can enjoy online with people on day 01.

[quote name='fizzywix']I will be getting this Tuesday and I'd like some people to group up with! Add me if you're getting this, especiially if you play late at night![/QUOTE]

hey! I'll add you. I usually play online between 10pm and 1am pacific time. I've got a mic, too!

I ordered this from Amazon, so I likely wont be getting it until later this week. Im on the East Coast and have a mic. Is there going to be any sort of CAG game night or clan?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I ordered this from Amazon, so I likely wont be getting it until later this week. Im on the East Coast and have a mic. Is there going to be any sort of CAG game night or clan?[/QUOTE]Depending on the reviews & how many of my CAG friends get it, then I'll probably head up the PS3 clan.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Depending on the reviews & how many of my CAG friends get it, then I'll probably head up the PS3 clan.[/QUOTE]

what happened to your insane goal of getting so many headshots with each mw2 weapon?

[quote name='enufs8d']what happened to your insane goal of getting so many headshots with each mw2 weapon?[/QUOTE]I'm still working on it. I'm about halfway there.

I also lost quite a lot of time on the headshots, since I started my World of Warcraft subscription back up.

Hey Kefka, I'm getting this for PS3 tomorrow, so let me know if you start a clan. I'm gonna send you a friend request regardless though. Cool?

[quote name='enufs8d']for all you bf freaks here, is anyone a level 9?

http://veteran.battlefield.com/[/QUOTE]

7-time Battlefield Veteran here, I played everything except Heroes (I got bored after the tutorial) and I never touched 1943 (it didn't really appeal to me). My top three games definitely had to be 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (PS2).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='enufs8d']for all you bf freaks here, is anyone a level 9?

http://veteran.battlefield.com/[/QUOTE]

I would be except I had issues with my EA IDs while trying to get veteran status for the first Bad Company. Now my games are split between two EA accounts, neither of which I can find the info for. Which means I will unfortunately be starting this tour as a new recruit.

i read that if you call or email EA customer service, they can link your accounts.

i played a few hours. there were some good games with starkat and d-truk. didnt play the beta/demo so it was all new to me. im surprised at how floaty it is. i had this same feeling with ps3 killzone. the game is really unforgiving when youre trying to turn a corner.

one thing we noticed was that there was a significant drop in the number of people playing the gamestop preorder rush mode. maybe the stores' incentives (eg: walmart & amazon) drove them away from gs.

[quote name='enufs8d']
one thing we noticed was that there was a significant drop in the number of people playing the gamestop preorder rush mode. maybe the stores' incentives (eg: walmart & amazon) drove them away from gs.[/QUOTE]

That or those like me that just hate GS in general.

And the match-making is still awful. DICE bombed it pretty badly and we could only hope an update can fix this. The game does a terrible job of placing players into games that have already started if either side is missing players. I can't count the numerous times I've been in a kick ass Attackers or Defenders team to only have to drop the match because 1 or 2 players are left from the opposing team against 9-12 players. This really is terrible and I'd hate to say it, but Infinity Ward did an awesome job with MW2 when it came to the game lobby and adding players during a match.

[quote name='enufs8d']i read that if you call or email EA customer service, they can link your accounts. [/QUOTE]

I at one time had 3 EA accounts , I sent them a email about a year ago requesting them to merge all of my accounts. They emailed me back telling me it was not possible then right before ME2 came out i log on and what do you know all of my accounts were merged to my requested primary account account

if someone starts up CAG night/clan I am in, and on that note add me if your planning on playing tonight, I will be on most of the night.

Felt nice to kill someone by blasting the wall he was camping behind. Also, knifing people without the knife locking on and magnetizing itself to the foe is weird, but I think its more balanced.

Just so much going on in a game, so i find myself dying when usually in CoD i would look around more.

If anyone didn't recieve the VIP code (dont pay for maps) and the preorder DLC code, I have a few extras (4 of each to be exact), selling them rather cheap. Want Paypal, not expecting a lot, but send me a fair offer in PM :)

Please, please tell me there is an option to mute people other than turning the dialog all the way down, thereby losing ALL the voices including the in game ones.

2 minutes in I had to listen to some of the worst rap and hear some guy screaming "what up what up what up".. I'm not seeing any sort of mute button like with MW 2 or Uncharted 2.

I need one more semi-decent person for a squad of 4

anyone down? I generally play after 7 EST with my brother and my good friend. been doing a lot of squad rush

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I need one more semi-decent person for a squad of 4

anyone down? I generally play after 7 EST with my brother and my good friend. been doing a lot of squad rush[/QUOTE]

im getting decent. and i almost got my paddles for reviving.

[quote name='enufs8d']im getting decent. and i almost got my paddles for reviving.[/QUOTE]

Wait till you get kills with them, its so funny seeing "anorexicwes Defibrillator random guy".

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I need one more semi-decent person for a squad of 4

anyone down? I generally play after 7 EST with my brother and my good friend. been doing a lot of squad rush[/QUOTE]

You can add me if you want, although I won't have the game for another day or two.

Anybody have any freezing issues? Its happened to me 3 times. I got it at midnight and played it for about 6 hours straight and I thought it was because of it overheating. 2nd time was after about an hour and the third time was about the same. Now my PS3 gets really hot in the back quick, I think it might be fucked up. Plenty of airflow and its never done this before.

bread's done
Back